Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm hunting for last night's troublemaker.

Just got done chatting with Staff about it, and while I'm still not zero'd in 100% on the true troublemaker - I'm a lot more knowledgeable now than I was this morning when I rebooted the server. Something's eating up our server's processes, as shown below:

91gd.jpg

That's monstrous. In case you're not sure what you're looking at, this is the usage rate of our CPU - central processing unit - of the server last night. That bad boy was screamin'.

After reviewing our access logs, my next move is to disable the "CUBIC LIGHTS ON" and "CUBIC LIGHTS OFF" themes. These seem to be the culprits, so while I continue my hunt, they will be disabled. I wouldn't expect them back anytime soon.

Sorry about the lateness in fixing the server, but as Staff noted, it crashed right after I headed off for the night.

Oh and this split-second recent crash is attributed to me disabling the two themes. Probably should've remapped all the users to different themes before disabling them.

How did a theme cause such a randomly sudden spike? That doesn't make much sense to me, 'specially since we've had them for awhile now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom