Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question If we nuked the map and the majors whats a cool event to explain that

A significant time jump is not in the cards I don’t think.

Also I am always a volcano.

Even if there was, I think a bunch of people would just hand wave it anyway. Though, timeline police would be the sort of power you a purported to crave.

"That teenaged character has not aged the requisite 62 years! Age them or I delete bio!"

Though, timeline police would be the sort of power you a purported to crave.

I reserve my powergaming for denying Santa Claus and Anakin Skywalker.

Policing people on how they interact with the timeline is something me nor the rest of Staff have... time... for. It pmuch just self-regulates, even if a faction teleported back to the Rebellion and killed Vader, nobody would care in three weeks, least of all me.

We just post cool posters with made-up years on them to show progression and use for advertising.

ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɢᴜɴ
I'm with the No-hyperspace gang.

I am not with the time travel gang...

I think a 0.5 - 1 year time skip is fine though.

Also what if we did this like the warp in 40k? ik i've dogged on the 40k crossover epidemic plenty of times but this is the one chance it'll work imo? Picture this; The galaxy spanning conflicts, planet-wide destruction and genocide of the past 20 IC years upsets the balance of the force and therefor life itself.(similar to how Jedi in the clone wars became weaker the longer they fought in wars). this begins to corrupt hyperspace, maybe the nether starts to bleed into it, tearing holes into the hyperplanes. A natural disaster but with darker aesthetics. Hyperspace becomes unstable for a time and no one can effectively use it until it heals a year or so later. no magical entity. no npc involvement. no time travel. Just the PCs and what they do in that short time while the galactic economy and governments quickly collapse elsewhere, cut off.

Also what if we did this like the warp in 40k? ik i've dogged on the 40k crossover epidemic plenty of times but this is the one chance it'll work imo? Picture this; The galaxy spanning conflicts, planet-wide destruction and genocide of the past 20 IC years upsets the balance of the force and therefor life itself.(similar to how Jedi in the clone wars became weaker the longer they fought in wars). this begins to corrupt hyperspace, maybe the nether starts to bleed into it, tearing holes into the hyperplanes. A natural disaster but with darker aesthetics. Hyperspace becomes unstable for a time and no one can effectively use it until it heals a year or so later. no magical entity. no npc involvement. no time travel. Just the PCs and what they do in that short time while the galactic economy and governments quickly collapse elsewhere, cut off.
Now this I can get on board with.

As someone who enjoys the Aesthetic, and in the past on this site has used both the Aesthetic (images, tone, design, etc) and images for Star Wars based/themed Armors, Ships, and other Faction Ideas.

Perhaps, it would not be for the best or benefit of the site to have a Star Wars version of 'The Eye of Terror'.

It also feels like it would be flirting with or otherwise crossing over Roleplay Rule #2

2. Cross-Over Role-play is not allowed.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
A reason to blow up the map you say? ...Mmm. :D

I'mma just gonna leave this here... :p

WdgeJ4q.jpg

ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɢᴜɴ
it would not be for the best or benefit of the site to have a Star Wars version of 'The Eye of Terror'.

Just a comparison, really. The eye of terror is a constant, permanent threat. I'm not talking long term nor am I suggesting we tear open reality(for long). Just make hyperspace travel really really really dangerous for about a year or less and call it a day. I'm honestly drawing more inspiration from previous posts and warp-travel, rather than the eye of terror itself.

The common themes I'm seeing in this thread are a breakdown of hyperspace travel and also darkside corruption. This is the easiest way to combine them imo! we've already seen it do similar to planets, so why not space? (for a moment). besides, the nether really feels like it's just the warp anyway. that's on chaos lol

In Umbris Potestas Est
My comments are based off a private conversation I had with the OG of Darkwire in 2021, prior to going minor. I get the better quality story narrative, but I’ve had these talks aplenty, I sussed there was a fear of being forced minor hence why the discussions started that led to the vote.
To be fair to them, hadn't at least some variety of Mando major faction been repeatedly invaded to the point they collapsed? I know at one point we had that happen with the second Sith Empire, so it's not really surprising that they'd fear such a thing happening.

Return of the gulag plague

Gulag variants to be topical and triggering
Speaking of, was the Dark Harvest virus actually some various of the Gulag plague? I don't remember if there was ever further exposition on it after the event ended.

how about Santa thinks everyone has been naughty so we all get coal in our stocking and it creates a galaxy wide fire.

When do we find out if this is happening?

hadn't at least some variety of Mando major faction been repeatedly invaded to the point they collapsed?

Mandalorian Empire. I left chaos not long after... Three major factions, all coordinating their invasions so there literally was never a break in the threads. it was either hold out in hope that the faction they had built or just found community in shortly before the war would survive- or give up. Most were already too burnt out to even look at star wars content within the first handful of invasions. there wasn't even a good story to look forward to.

The board used to be so cutthroat back then.

It was a Darkwire discussion, which no, they weren't threatened IC by anything at the time.

It was not a Sith/Mando/GR discussion, who were all threatened similarly IC but never realized the thousand other ways out of the situation rather than being proud and as ego driven as their opponents were.

When I realize I'm beat, whether it's OOC/IC/IRL, I either just admit defeat or I change to a game I can win. All these factions got targeted, they have that in common, but they also all stood in front of a red house and called it blue. Aka, widespread failure to acknowledge and accept reality.

To come full circle in this discussion, Darkwire was losing a war against activity, Darkwire finally started playing a different game. These other examples to me are just factions/leaders that didn't pass the test, which reinforces my previous points throughout the discussion. They had millions of options, they chose "bash head against wall" over and over until capitulation.

Vacuum decay, escaped through the use of hyperspace (defined as an alternate dimension to realspace), which destroys realspace that is subsequently reassembled by the will of the force (or something, idk, this is just random shower thoughts at 12am on a tuesday).

Everyone who wants to die with the previous timeline/universe can, everyone who doesn't will arrive in a galaxy that is functionally identical to the current one (same/similar handling of how legends/canon simultaneously is a vague history to the current timeline) only factions that exist now no longer have their prior prominence due to virtue of not having existed in this "new" galaxy. The ramifications of that, i.e; whether or not this is essentially a timeline reset switch or if it's like an alternate timeline or something of that nature, is something I'd leave up to whoever manages that mess.

Or you can go the tried and true method of assassination (attempted and otherwise) and dismantling of each faction's leadership (either/or) along with massive civil upheaval/unrest that gets rid of their infrastructure and maybe a series of natural disasters + sabotage that eliminates their theoretical spacefaring forces/militaries so that they can't just retake what they had before by immediate force.

High Commander of the Lilaste Order
I think it would be pretty need to have like resources on the map and maybe try and do a thing based around that.

Resource scarcity or the need for certain resources could force some factions to vie for certain planets or even ignore others leaving space on the map for other factions to try and set up shop in less desirable locations

Which in turn could encourage trade routes and of the like have more of the nitty gritty details of operating a large scale stellar empire

If we do resources on the map, I'll start a petition that we just get rid of the map and start a community Stellaris game with major factions being forced to vote on the characteristics of their empire and play it for a set period of time before everyone votes on the next set of goals in character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom