Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question If we nuked the map and the majors whats a cool event to explain that

Time travel.

It's the traditional bullshit method ailing franchises use to 'revamp' their settings.

So just say Akala got over herself and started a blue milk restaurant.
Or Omni had a BSOD installing an update.
Or the Lost Sith didn't get found.
Or the Valen event was important.
Or the Gulag Virus was contained by mask wearing and quarantines.

Whatever floats the boat.

Yeah, but no one would care to undo the Gulag Virus NOW. It's 40 years ago IC, no one is thinking about it.

You could have a plot where someone back in the day goes back to stop it happening and everything changes.

But that's an event I am not volunteering for, not a good reason to nuke the map. There's really no good excuse for that.

There's really no good excuse for that.

There’s plenty of good excuses for it. Community asks for it being numero uno. A majority of majors going inactive being a second. Map game fatigue being a third. Updating map, getting rid of the map, going full chaos on the map.

There was never not a good reason to do it, my main concern is what the community wants and what will impact them the most positively. It’s easy to blame the holidays for inactivity but tbh, these Majors ain’t pulling their weight and everybody be feeling it.

A new map, new blood and new energy come the new year isn’t such a bad idea.

And if I had a dime for every Major Faction Owner that felt too guilty/nervous to step down, and was just waiting for me to take that decision and responsibility away from their frozen hands, and later thanked me for talking to them and offering the out -

…I wouldn’t have a crazy amount but I’d have enough to be concerning.

Could be a Rakghoul plague type deal that explodes over many different worlds due to some form of shadowy organization, sowing mass panic and causing major loss of sentient life over inhabited space.

It'd only take a few major planetary capitals to fall before things exploded realistically, stellar empires are not exactly the most stable thing in Chaos either. Rakghoul plague also has a preventive / first-stop antidote established in KOTOR & SWTOR which could be the 'way out' fast forwarding several years so that the remaining pharmaceutical infrastructures of the galaxy can establish enough serum production to halt the spread, several more years of extermination missions by organic or droid armies/bounty hunters/mercenaries to clean up the infestations on the former planetary capitols.

What you're left with is a clean slate, somewhere to build from, and a masked antagonist that looms quietly in the background that could be the the subject of further community events.

Rakghoul
Rakghoul plague
Rakghoul serum

In a word? Flicker.

In several words for those that don't know that reference (The Wheel of Time: Book 2): Magick that goes awry resulting in characters living different (and/or multiple) different lives in an instant and -- in Chaos' case -- ultimately ending up in a different universe. The trauma might be so much their personality changes, or they may have lived a life so thoroughly they become that version of their selves, and then the timeline and shape of the galaxy will be completely different. Not to mention the chaos of mass Arrival of people not originally from said alternative universe.

No comment on whether this should happen, only an idea for if it did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom