Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Charon Gravimetric Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUpDmwO.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]
  • Intent: Bring a new type of propulsion to Star Wars Chaos based of scientific theory.
  • Image Source: X
  • Canon Link: No actual Star Wars canon but he concepts used in it are found Here
  • Restricted Missions: NA
  • Primary Source: NA
[SIZE=9pt]PRODUCTION INFORMATION[/SIZE]
  • Name: Charon Gravimetric Engine
  • Manufacturer: PZC
  • Affiliation: @Bryce Bantam , ORC
  • Modularity: None - fixed system
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Durasteel, Hydrogen Liquid metal, metallic crystal

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Sublight Engine
  • Size: Starship to capital ship
  • Length: Starship to capital ship
  • Width: Starship to capital ship
  • Height: Starship to capital ship
  • Weight: Starship to capital ship

ggsKIvm.gif
Abilities: Sublight engine which propels ship by distorting cosmic strings. No speed bonuses as compared to ion engines but as tech allows ships to be pushed / pulled in any direction they offer superior maneuverability to other sublight engines.

[SIZE=9pt]Strengths:[/SIZE]
* Any angle: Engines can manipulate and bend superstrings, ships then are able to create distortions in space/time that can be used to push and pull a ship in any direction. Net effect is a bonus of two in maneuverability.
* No Inertia: An important byproduct of this means of propulsion is that the effect of inertia is also negated, allowing ships to accelerate, stop and maneuver at velocities that would crush a person using conventional ion propulsion.
* Strange emissions: As the engine does not generate thrust by releasing matter or energy those looking to track it using standard emissions will not find this ship easily.

[SIZE=9pt]Weaknesses :[/SIZE]
* Organic: These engines can not be repaired quickly if damaged. Repairs are more like surgery and time is needed after fixes made for ship to finish healing.
* Gravity sucks: When around a gravity well like those found near a planet or star engines are less efficient and work to only 75% of capacity.
* Can be modified: They are what they are, can’t be souped up any further than stock configuration.
* Can be tracked: However, if someone knows what to look for the distortions of its' engines can be easily track.

DESCRIPTION

"Every action requires an equal, but opposite, reaction" has limited spaceship designers to traditional (but highly efficient) variations of rockets and ion drives to propel a ship through sublight. Some of the older races of the Kathol found a new way accelerate and maneuver their ship to a far greater degree using a new system called a Gravametric engine. The key to this superior performance is their ability to manipulate, on a macro as opposed to quantum level, the special characteristics of the Zero Point Field (ZPF, also known as a Lorentz Field).

ZPF have been explained as being a three dimensional representation of the dimensional objects known as superstrings, believed to be the key building blocks of both matter and energy in our universe. It has been discovered that inertia - the propensity of an object when at rest to stay at rest, and when in motion to inmotion - is a manifestation of that object's electromagnetic interaction with the ZPF. Thus gravity and a lowering of inertia are both capable of being manipulated through the use of controlled electric interaction with the ZPF produced by superstrings. By manipulating and "bending" these superstrings, ships equipped with gravimetric engines are able to create distortions in space/time that can be used to push and pull a ship in any given direction. An important byproduct of this means of propulsion is that the effect of inertia is also negated, allowing ships to accelerate, stop and maneuver at velocities that would crush a person using conventional rocket or ion propulsion.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Bryce Bantam"]

I don't really science, I'm just an IT guy, but from reading this.

Isn't this basically just a Dovin Basal minus some capabilities?

[member="Alric Kuhn"] - That is a good comparison, forces are the same, difference is how they interact with the world around them. While a Dovin Basal pushes out waves of gravity pushing the ship like a standard engine, this one actually bends space time a bit to move the ship, basically changes the galaxy around causing those changes to move it along.

It is all based on hypothetical string threoy.

As for how it will play in chaos the Dovin Basal is good proof of concept in the SW canon. Of you like I can add that to the sub as a Canon Link as well as my craft company I see I forgot to link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom