Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Will Burn You With My Righteous Fire!{Mandalorian Dominion of Contruum}

"Yes ma'am." He grinned as they left the refugee camp behind. Walking along the rubble strewn streets he shook his head lost in internalized thoughts. These people, all the people and races that the mandalorians aided frustrated him. If they were taught to be self sufficient and strong as the mando'ade were then they wouldn't find themselves in this situation. But that was the difference between them. These helpless cultures were willing to be victims and look for external help. They needed help to survive. They needed help for protection. The vode were survivors and warriors. They took the reins of their own fates and would not allow others to drive them. They were aliit. These peoples were not.

Scratching his light beard he glancd over at the equally quiet vod next to him and wondered just what weighty thoughts occupied her. But a light shrug as he well understood the need for privacy and introspection. When Arla spoke to him he smiled. "The vode, they were my vode from my birth. I was raised as a mandalorian. The trappings come naturally to me mesh'la. I fit in or I don't. I have family very where. My clan, my friends, strangers who were the armor, speak the words, and are just as willing to give their life for mine. As I would for any vode. Yourself included. What about you? You speak as one not fully comfortable to the culture. Adopted in? How are you taking all this crazy in?" He opened his hands wide to encompass not only the proverbial culture but also this mercy mission they found themselves on.

[member="Arla Balor"]

If Ginnie had known she was somehow being a good influence on [member="Gavin Ovmar"] she would have put a but more strut in her step. As it was, the little Mando walked along beside the man and kept her eyes open. "Nice t'meetcha Gavin Ovmar. Yep! Daddy's my Buir and Mommy's my Buir and I love Clan Ordo. I got two sisters and a brother and some I haven't even met yet, but it's all good. And they pay attention to me, and I'm not invisible. Unlike these baddies. . . come out come out and let me shoot you, bad guys."

There had to be bad guys. There were always bad guys. She levelled her rifle again, "Maybe I can talk Daddy into getting me a 'ripper for my life day this year. Ooo! A shot of what? Like a slug? Buck shot? Bantha shot? Something for my repeater? Oooorrr are you talking about gelatine dessert shots?"

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
[member="Ginnie Ordo"]

"Yeah, yeah whatever shots you want." Gavin said as he looked up and saw muzzle flashes coming from a dark building. There were people in the adjacent building firing back from the roof. He clenched his jaw and looked at the kid. "How are you at jumping kiddo?" he asked after a moment. "and you don't have to list every time you've ever jumped to answer."

Gavin moved into an alley and pulled her in beside him. It was weird working with a kid but at least he wasn't trying to get in her armor Like Jared would have done.

The muzzle fire was getting closer and Ginnie started to clam up, gripping her rifle harder. Her breathing quickened, she looked up to [member="Gavin Ovmar"] and was glad he couldn't see her gulp. "A, eighty standard feet. True-up vertical. If you need me t'jump higher I can go half-burn on my jetpacks and get another twenty. That good enough, Gavin? I know it's not as high as I could if I was an adult, but my armour's kinda heavy."

Pulled in beside him, Ginnie looked up. She could jump up there and fire. Her body started to shiver then went still. She felt stronger. More able. She could make that jump. She would. "Want me to hop up and open fire or run recon?"

Silas fired forwards. The marksmen had divided their groups, and a trio had decided to set up camp right in front of the young warrior. Soaring over them he pulled his weapon's trigger twice, two shots downing one of the snipes as he cut power to his jetpack and landed in a roll. Instantly he rolled left alone the uneasy roof as two shots slammed into the spot he'd once been. Too short on time to aim with the battle rifle Silas took different measures. Yanking the Westar-34 from it's holster he squeezed rapidly as he leveled the weapon. Screams followed as one of the men fell did, and the other injured.

He could've surrendered, Silas gave him ample time, put away the blaster and slung his rifle over his shoulder, but the man insisted on taking another shot at him. As the rifle let out a crack Silas simply moved away, the shot had been sloppy and he'd seen it coming, but he doubted the marksman had expected what followed. Instead of a quick shot to the head Silas brought a tomahawk to bear and swiftly buried it into the enemy's skull. The weapon smashed through the skull and into the brain, bloop spattered across it and Silas as he pulled it free, simply sliding it back into it's place and looking to [member="Neskar A'toll"] for instruction as he darted behind cover.

Arla looked over at Kal he was asking her a question one which she could easily ignore, or she could answer honestly.

"I wasn't raised mandalorian, I've only been among them a short time." How long had it been, a year, a little longer. "I don't know, I still" he was a stranger but maybe it was a stranger she needed.

"Most of my life I spent in servitude to someone who reminded me daily of my particular value to society as a whole" She kept walking it would help to keep her talking. "So every time I fail at something, I wonder if the things he said weren't true, and if I really should be here" She wouldn't talk about her other failures at finding someone that would be the positive male figure in her life.

Verz who had tried on the day he left without a word had sent her spiraling in desperation trying to figure it all out with the constant question WHY??

[member="Kal Kandossii"]

Neskar A'toll

Hail to the King, baby
[member="Silas Mantis"]

Neskar grinned underneath his helmet. The kid had talent. Potential, for sure. That's if he survived or not. Shrugging off any further feelings of dread, the Mandalorian jerked his head quickly from one side to another. This area was clear, and the marksmen decimated; all in a short few minutes. Warm smidgens of confidence wormed into his skull. Now, all they had to do was support the rest of the company flanking the reinforcements coming to enhance the Contruumian defence. However, with a quick glance over to his right, Neskar could see that the rioters had overwhelmed the flimsy line of defence placed up in order to guard off the hateful masses, and a huge swarm of now armed and furious discontented were forging a bloody path towards the reinforcements.

Perfect. It was all going as expected.

Neskar communicated to Silas through his headset, tapping a button on his gauntlet before accurately replacing the magazine in his CZ-836 Assault Rifle.

<< Get up in the air and support our vode on the ground! We've gotta provide air support, else they'll get cut to pieces. Do anything you can think of to disrupt the enemy formation! >>

[member="Arla Balor"]

He walked along as the redhead answered his question .The answer was surprisingly heart felt and honest. Two things he didn't have much to do with. But it was obvious from her statement and her body posture that she felt emotional ... was distraught the word? ... and she was perhaps not used to opening up. Something he had in common with her.

He bent and grabbed a handful of stones, thanks to the ruin that was the road, and continued walking at her side. "Shabla up, uh ... messing up, that's not a crime you know. Hades, I do some of my best work right after messing up. It's a gift. You screw things up and learn how not to do something that way, when it's important, you know how to do it right. I fail all the time. It's not the end of the galaxy, just as long as you keep trying and not give up."

Tossing a few stones at a window in an abandoned building he missed the first two times then smashed the glass on a third attempt. "See, I had to learn the trajectory and wind before completing my objective. As for the first part ... You're free and you just have to honor yourself. If you can look in the mirror at the end of the day and know who you are, then screw everyone else. Right?" He smirked at her as he wiped his hands off.

[member="Kal Kandossii"]

"Maybe, but I find it hard to accept, move on." She was constantly alone with few friends moving along was well like being stuck with honey in one spot waiting for the bears to come and eat you.

"So you just forget these things and are able to keep moving forward?" She asked curious as to how he was able to do such a thing, what skill did it take what frame of mind.

Glancing at her sideways he shrugged. "What's the point of being mired in the past? Everyone else moves on so why should we punish ourselves by living in the past. It's gone and never coming back. So we can either learn from our mistakes and keep moving forward, stay stuck in the past unable to move forward, or surrender to the past and eat a bullet."

He hopped over a downed power pole, the lines dead as the power station had been off line for weeks. "So we either move forward, stay stuck, or take the hut'uun, the coward, way out. Let's face it, we never forget, but we can learn to forgive. And sometimes the hardest part is forgiving ourselves. And usually that's what we need."

He smiled over at her reassuringly so that she knew there was no condensation or judging going on within him. He was just a vod here for a vod. Even if he was enjoying the view. Again he smirked.

[member="Arla Balor"]

Silas responded with a mere nod. Instinctively the young warrior scooped up one of the high powered rifles that had been in use by their now deceased foes. Sling the battle rifle onto his back, he peered down the scope of the weapon and lined up a shot. Then he squeezed. Boom! The blast caught it's target, the exposed engine of a downed airspeeder in the street. the explosion rocked the area below, sending shrapnel in every direction as Silas sprinted forward and leapt from the roof into the air and ignited his jetpack.

Unslinging his rifle once more he let out a series of shots, hoping to disorient an already disorganized foe. The tactic was brutal but it worked. He wasn't going for kills. Every shot found its mark, hitting the target non-lethally. Now the injured's allies would rush to their aid, only to be cut down.

[member="Neskar A'toll"]

[member="Kal Kandossii"]

"I think sometimes we need answers though in order to be able to move forward. The damage that is done in the past may not be able to be forgiven, or forgotten until we have an understanding of it" They were walking along a bit slow as they talked about this subject which for many would have turned away rather than try to find reason within it.

"I do not think I can move forward unless I know why" She knew she had to know why, that there had to be an answer. It was like this gaping hole that needed tending, that required she find what it would take to close it off, and allow mending to begin.

Gazing into the distance he shrugged, the plates of armor shifting on his shoulders. "Sometimes there are no answers. But I guess I'm just lucky. Something bad happens and it's bad luck or karma or whatever. Something good happens it's good luck or I'm just stubborn enough to make something happen when normally it wouldn't. I don't need the galaxy to give me answers. Maybe that's lazy but it has seen me in good stead."

He winked at her as they continued their stroll. It could have been a walk between friends if not for the armor and the ruins. "Why do you have to know the answers? I know why I'm like I am, but why are you like you?" Kal was a mando'ad but he was also a smith and a tinkerer and he loved a good puzzle.

[member="Arla Balor"]

"Because mandalorians don't usually abandon their children, so what is it that made mine leave me. Is there. well." she paused, "well you know something wrong with me" she walked a little slower when she really wanted to run.

A hundred times the value of family told to her, so then what happen to her parents, why had they left...and if alive where were they now?

"You're lucky that you can put all that behind you, one day maybe I will" and maybe one day she'd go back and find the answers.

[member="Kal Kandossii"]

"I don't know lass." He frowned as he tried to think of just what would make mandos abandon their child. Not many scenarios made the cut. "If you ever need a wingman to look into your past, or even for a drink, I'm your man." Grinning again he looked over. "Anyway, you still owe me that drink." Chuckling he motioned back the way they had come from. "Should we head back or keep looking?"

[member="Arla Balor"]

"nah, let's go back I think everything here is pretty much taken care of, I can buy you that drink" Arla thought for a moment, "I might like that, I don't usually take anyone with me. I just go" She half smiled. "So, drink here, or drink back home?"

There was lots to do yet, but this was over. Time to look to the next war.

[member="Kal Kandossii"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom