Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction I Wanna Be... | New Jedi Order Intro

Newt

N

MOSHED-2022-8-22-21-2-43.jpg

I Wanna Be...
Coruscant, Jedi Temple Steps
Tags: Open

Tuma_divider.png

The screeching of a Gorgara boomed out from the steps of the New Jedi Order's temple on Coruscant, echoing through the halls of the entrance lobby and into the busy corridors. Standing on the steps was a bizarre sight to be sure. One might assume it's a girl upon first glance, and Aruzan in a strange getup. But, after further observation, they'd notice strange other features. A large prehensile tail, small wings, hooved and fur-coated feet, and a pair of large, three fingered hands that were notably much greener than the rest of her blue skin.

Tuma, of course, was completely oblivious to how strange she appeared to the unprepared eye. This was a very important day. For years now she had lived in the undercity, training herself for this very moment. The homunculus had spent that time protecting the people of Coruscant, emerging from the shadows of the pipe-ways to fight the evils that constantly sprung up in the underbelly. Finally, after years of fighting, she had a reputation. The locals had begun calling her the Sludge Dweller, and it was with this new found status amongst local mythology that she found herself ready to take the next step of her career.

Here she stood, mimicking the cry of a monster to draw as much attention as she could muster to herself. Her arms were crossed, messy hair flowing in the wind. Tuma wore a large smile on her face, one that spoke of either confidence or stupidity. It didn't much matter. All she needed to do was stand here and wait for a Master to emerge. After all, she was finally ready...

To become the greatest Jedi ever known.

Eventually. She had to actually get accepted into the order for that to happen, and Tuma wanted nothing more. She was driven by every fiber of her being. The bizarre teen simply had to join.

VVVDHjr.png

VVVDHjr.png
JEDI TEMPLE - CORUSCANT - 09:23
Tuma | @New Jedi Order
VVVDHjr.png

Every raised footfall along the steps of Pairs of blue eyes gazed up along the steps and structure of the temple before falling back to meet its entrance. A sharp intake of breath and his fist closed sharply, burying his fingers into his palm. That noise. He knew it. Deep down, there was a certainty of cold fear creeping up along his spine, clawing against the warm sun of the morning. A deep breath and a swallow down his dry throat before his eyes settled a little lower. His focus drawn away from those doors and towards the young woman standing at those doors.

Bellowing her heart out and wishing to be let in. A small smile crept along his face as he strode closer to the entrance. Perhaps, it would be a little less scary if he did not do this alone.

"Hello there," the raggedy man slowly shuffled to her right side, fingers over his ears, "First time here?"

As he removed his fingers from his ears, his eyes cast a proper but gentle observation of her person. Those blue irises worked not alone but his other senses pitched in as well, an instinctive practice he always carried with him. A strong heartbeat thrummed in his ears. Healthy. The faint smell of sewer clinging lightly to her and tickling his nose yet it did not wrinkle at the odor. Only a brief glance over her features before a quick movement of the eyes to travel along her wrist.

His eyes widened a little, not out of shock, but instead a gentle and friendly wonderment of the woman standing before him. A curiosity in those eyes all people wore when they took a good interest in a stranger. Yet there appeared a knowing look as he spoke once more. Both were carried along by a simple smile.

"That's a neat talent. Can you do other animals?"

div-orange.png

Last edited:

Newt

N

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Merlyn Ambrozius Merlyn Ambrozius

Tuma_divider.png

"First time here?"

"Huh?" Tuma reacted, turning her head to face the scraggly man who had come to speak to her. "Yes, sir! I'm here to join... probably. I'm just waiting for somebody to come out and let me in."

They'd let her in. Probably. She had gotten strong enough to come here, so they simply had to let her in. Upon the question of her unique skill, Tuma's ears raised, her tail flicking curiously. Was this old-young man some kind of talent scout? If so, he certainly picked the best time to ask his questions, cause she was great at mimicking stuff.

"I sure can," she nodded, puffing out her chest with pride. "Rancor, Porg, Bantha... I can even..."

A mischievous grin spread across her face.

"...mimic other people."

She shrugged, crossing her arms and leaning back on her prehensile tail, almost like a stool.

"I thought some monster noises would have people rushing out," the homunculus explained. "It's... taking a while I guess. What are you doin here then?"

DeadpoolMLP

Too many characters, I have
The screeching did have the effect of making Jonyna's ears ring. Downside of being a Cathar, very sensitive ears.

"What's with all the racket?"
The cathar groaned, one finger shoved up her ear to try and make the ringing stop.

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Tuma Merlyn Ambrozius Merlyn Ambrozius DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

The heck was that screech?

It was even louder, and somehow more annoying than all three of her little ones crying and screeching at once. Luckily they were at home, or else they surely would have joined in on the fun. But whatever or whoever it was, Valery made her way down into the Temple Hall to check it out. Her usual calm and very kind demeanor wasn't quite there, and instead, she looked just a little bit more intense. Perhaps it had been the sleepless nights in the wake of her return.

Her family, after all, was excited about her being back home, so they all wanted to be close. Even Vera was waking her up at night for attention again. It was cute and she wouldn't change it for anything, but it could also be very tiring.

Eventually, when Valery approached the entrance, she spotted several others who were drawn to the sound as well. But with them was a face she didn't recognize at all. Force-sensitive, but not quite a Jedi yet. Her first thought was that Padawans were starting another fighting ring she'd have to take down, but it could also be a new arrival panicking over the size of the Temple.

Either way, Valery was ready to address it.

VVVDHjr.png

VVVDHjr.png
CORUSCANT - JEDI TEMPLE - MORNING
Tuma | Valery Noble Valery Noble
VVVDHjr.png

Running his hand briefly over his beard and mouth, his attention remained trapped on the young woman's way of speaking. Polite and friendly, if her choice of vernacular was any indication. A far cry from the beastly noises roaring out from deep within her chest. Yet it made his observation all the more intriguing. His hand over his mouth covered the small shocked gasp uttered from his lips and how his mouth opened in disbelief.

That was his voice.

Removing his hand away and instead using it to gently gesture towards her direction with a few fingers, the man simply held a grin of amusement that matched the woman's own mischievous smirk.

"That was very good," his eyes glistened before lowering and shaking his head downward, "But I must admit it is unsettling to hear my voice from your mouth, considering I hear it enough from myself."

Settling a hand to briefly rub his scarf between his thumb and forefinger, his other hand settling into the pocket of his coat. His smile slowly fade as a look of reminiscence briefly overshadowed his face. His head lifted upwards and his eyes traveled up along the size of the door before letting loose a relaxing sigh.

"Paying a visit. I have not been here in a while."

A small chuckle escaped his lips before settling into a simple nod with closed eyes. Her attempt to enter both amused him but he was sure other inside would not appreciate it quite as he had.

"But I do know this little trick to get the doors-." his voice cut off as the sound of footsteps approached. Someone strong in the force. Not just any trained protector of the temple. Who then? His gaze cast forward and narrowed for a moment at the new arrival, wary if the girl by his side had brought more trouble than she thought with the ruckus she created.

Merlyn would not let any punishment fall upon the girl if he could help it. She had not intended any harm. His arm began to recede from his coat pocket, pulling something along with it.

div-orange.png

Last edited:

Newt

N

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Merlyn Ambrozius Merlyn Ambrozius , DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP , Valery Noble Valery Noble

Tuma_divider.png

"Paying a visit. I have not been here in a while."

Some history it seemed. Tuma didn't care much to pry. That was his business after all. He'd share that if he wanted to. The teen at least appreciated the friendly nature of the man. Her attention quickly shifted to a newcomer, however, a woman who very quickly captured the mutant's focus. Sharp amber eyes, a notably powerful physique, and most importantly a strong aura. The stranger exuded power unlike anything Tuma had ever felt, a light that made the hair on her back stand up on end. Rather than fear, however, an excited toothy grin spread across her face.

She had to be the one in charge.

"Hello!" Tuma called out. "Are you the boss here, miss?"

Tingles of excitement ran up and down her joints. She could hardly contain her excitement. Tuma had been anticipating this very moment for a long time now.

"I wanna join your order!" she declared, hands crossed over her chest triumphantly. There was a clear level of satisfaction in finally uttering those words. "Uh, if I can."

Tuma turned her head, looking at the man who had come up. Was he scared? He certainly seemed far more stressed by the arrival of the awesome lady with the scar. She couldn't help but wonder if he was alright. Admittedly, the mutant was no good at reading into the subtleties of emotion and such.

"You okay, mister?" the girl frowned.

DeadpoolMLP

Too many characters, I have
Letting out a half-yawn-half-roar, Jonyna entered the main hall, clad in what seemed to be a more casual outfit, blue and tan being the primary colors in favor of her gold and white robes. "What's going on here?" She paused to look at Tuma , smirking "Wanna join the order, eh?"

She took that as her cue to stretch on arm over her head. "Alright, you can be my padawan." She half joked, looking to Merlyn Ambrozius Merlyn Ambrozius next. "Was it you who was makin' all that noise?" Her tone shifted though as Valery Noble Valery Noble entered, going from jovial to serious. "Oh um...Master Noble. G'Morning."
She gave a quick, incredibly polite, bow.

Last edited:
Shan hadn't expected to have his daily reading interrupted by the screech of some...creature. He wasn't entirely sure what it was, but it wasn't something he had ever heard before if he was being honest with himself. That only made his curiosity grow even more, however. Making sure to note down where he had finished his reading, Shan'd hop up straight to his feet to go and investigate the noise. He wasn't that concerned, if it was some kind of dangerous creature, there were others in the temple that could deal with it.

Though as he arrived at the entrance, Shan seemed visibly deflated to not actually...see any creature around. Instead, he heard someone talking about a padawan and saw four people, making sure to give each of them a polite bow before he spoke. "Pardon me for intruding but...do any of you know what that sound was? I came running after I heard it...Or well...walking. I wouldn't run in the temple halls."

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Tuma Merlyn Ambrozius Merlyn Ambrozius DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

Valery paused for a moment when she felt and heard the initial reactions from the Jedi inside the hall. It seemed that there were two new faces, and one of them made it seem like he was reaching for a weapon. It almost reminded her of the little shootout she had with Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble to practice her own blaster skills. But luckily, she felt no hostile intent and continued walking towards them to check up on what was happening.

"Are you the boss here, miss?"

Valery perked a brow, and then turned to Jonyna, as she was greeted by the Cathar. "Greetings, and I'm one of the Council Members here," Valery explained with a kind smile. "Is everything alright though? I heard a scream of some kind, so I wanted to make sure nothing was wrong." She glanced at the familiar faces in the group for some confirmation. But after a moment, her fiery eyes shifted back to Tuma, but also to Merlyn.

"Are you both looking to join the Order?"

Newt

N

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble , Merlyn Ambrozius Merlyn Ambrozius , DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP , Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

Tuma_divider.png

Questions came about the noises heard. The Cathar woman even asked if it was the ginger-haired man, but Tuma was quick to interject.

"It was me," she stated. "I heard the cry on one of those sound-box-thingies. I think it was called a Gord-gorro-somethin..."

"Alright, you can be my padawan."

Tuma didn't respond to that, only cocking her head in confusion. What was a padawan? Maybe that was a Jedi code word that they'd tell her later.

Then she was asked if everything was okay. It should be, right? Everything around seemed pretty calm asides from her top-notch impression. Tuma frowned for a moment as she pondered exactly how to answer such a question. It wasn't long, of course, before something came to her mind.

"I think everything is fine," Tuma nodded. "I don't feel sick at all..."

"Are you both looking to join the Order?"

That was the question she had been waiting for. Her eyes lit up, an excited smile stretching across her blue face.

"Yes, miss!" she confirmed with enthusiasm. "More than anything."

VVVDHjr.png

VVVDHjr.png
Outside - Jedi Temple - Coruscant
Tuma | Valery Noble Valery Noble | DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP | Shan Pavond Shan Pavond
VVVDHjr.png

You okay, mister?

How to answer that particular question? His hand gripped tightly upon the flask in his pocket before pulling it out. No sudden moves from the woman who had stepped forward first. Either connotation of her indifference, good or bad, held little relevance to the true issue at hand. Perhaps he should have expected this, but there had been too many people drawn into the commotion.

Too much attention. It had left him to take a pause and assess the situation before he could even respond to any inquiry from the Cathar or anyone for that matter. Instead, he flicked the lid open on his flask before downing more of its liquid contents. Snapping the flask to a close with a twist of his hand and slipping the flask away into the inside of his coat, Merlyn let his gaze wander across the Cathar and the Mirialan. No, wait, not Cathar. A sub-species. Denik. They possessed tails to flit about as they so please, not Cathar.

But both were young. Knights or Padawans, if they came from the order and held such high regard for the council member.

His brief inspection came to an end before his eyes fell once more upon the amalgam girl. All that excitement to become part of the order. Why? Guess he would find out. He loved little mysteries like that. That and her origins. But he suspected that would be a less pleasant mystery.

Gesturing to the young girl's enthusiasm, Merlyn smiled, "Look at that. Enthusiasm, determination, and an out-of-box thinker. She's the real deal."

Settling his hands into his pockets and letting his posture loosen, Merlyn's expression held nothing short of amusement at the situation.

"She has a lot of potential. And I'm here to help her," Merlyn nodded his head towards the inside of the temple, "Perhaps it is better to discuss this indoors? We can set a few chairs, and I can make all of us some tea. How does that sound?"

div-orange.png

Last edited:
Shan blinked as the group spoke, mostly trying to wrap his head around things. So there wasn't some new creature here for him to learn about? The girl had mimicked it? That caused him to pout ever so slightly before shaking his head and clapping his hands together when the older man suggested going inside to carry on the discussion.

"That sounds nice! I can go and get you some drinks if you need them." He kept a smile on his face, jabbing his thumbs behind himself to where he was gonna go and get some drinks if people did want them.

Tags: Merlyn Ambrozius Merlyn Ambrozius Valery Noble Valery Noble Tuma DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom