Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Hunting for some Sith!

RZeLX9T.png

Outfit: This
Equipment: 2x Blaster pistols, blaster rifle, Echani vibrosword, Lightsaber
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

Travelling to a planet with a name that he couldn't even pronounce at the best of times, Cedwyn was unsure what Sith or Maw remnants would be found on such a world. However, a bounty was a bounty and the Galactic Alliance were paying a lot for bringing in Sith or known Maw members. It was unfortunate that Cedwyn had not met that strange Imperial after the fall of the Brotherhood of Maw, he would have been an idea target to bring in for a big pay. Alas, life and Force were not always in sync with his money dreams. For now, he took the opportunities to explore the area and comb through for Maw remnants to either bring back to the GA or if they were willing to adapt, and demonstrated skills useful, he would bring them back to the Black Sun. Not something he was doing frequently since he had such high standards for who they brought back but the option was always there.

If the GA questioned it, he would claim some argument of rehabilitation or community service under his watchful gaze. Who wouldn't try to redeem the enemy?

His smirk caused him to chuckle since it was a very ridiculous point and likely one that would never work but he was always an optimist that his silver tongue would save him from every situation that came to him. Cedwyn tapped away at his ship's controls and brought himself in for landing. It was a bit bumpy but he was able to avoid a full blown crash which was always the important part. Stepping from the cockpit, Cedwyn checked his gear several times. Now brandishing his violet Lightsaber on his hip as well as two pistols, his rifle in his hands and vibrosword strapped to his back. The rifle was good not just for ranged attacks but the scope allowed him to scout ahead before the attack would even begin. Better to keep on hand than strap that to his back.

Cedwyn headed out, pulling out a tracker, he had detected some lifeforms on this supposedly desert world and that brought his curiosities as to a possible camp or beginnings of a remnant stronghold. Something that would paid fairly highly for breaking if that was the opportunity. Placing the tracker back in his pocket, he looked down the scope and kept an eye out ahead. His senses in tuned with the Force to assist him with anything beyond his peripheral vision. He also wanted to be able to sense the presence of any Sith or devoted Dark Siders, there were plenty of Maws that weren't Force Users, but the Force User devotees usually paid more so they would get preferred privilege as his targets.

Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Ship: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Cedwyn Blaidd Cedwyn Blaidd

Valery's X-wing pierced through the clouds over the former Maw planet and proceeded with its path toward a small settlement created by survivors of the Maw-GA war. Ever since Exegol, Valery had kept herself busy hunting down any remnants she could find, while others celebrated peace. Only her pregnancy and childbirth had kept her away for some time, but there was still so much to do.

So many dangerous people looking to abuse the power vacuum left behind by the defeat of the Maw military and its leaders.

Soon after, Valery touched down, powered down the engines of her ship, and opened the canopy, so she could climb outside. The helmet came off, allowing her long hair to cascade down behind her before she tossed the piece of gear back into the ship. Already, she could feel danger up ahead, thus signaling that the Mawites were close. The reports had been accurate, which meant she was going to move in to take them down.

There was, however, another presence — one that felt more familiar.

She didn't quite know who it was, but she kept her senses on alert just in case and began to move towards her target. For now, her two lightsabers remained attached to her belt, but she was ready to draw them at any given moment.

RZeLX9T.png

Cedwyn had decided to land a fair distance away from them to avoid detection by the camp if he had landed too close, this meant that he had to trek his way forward. In the blistering heat that was bearing down on him, his decision to wear a leather jacket with such heat was perhaps not the best decision but he soldier on and figured he would remove the jacket if the heat go any worse. As he focused on the mission, his scope was able to get sight of the camp, it was fortified heavier than he assume it would be. Seems that they must have been here awhile and not dealt with many threats to be able to construct such a well fortified place with limited equipment. It was something that Cedwyn was noting to be cautious about.

Pausing, he felt something. The air seemed to shift and he noticed an X-Wing coming down to the planet, Cedwyn growled, someone was here to steal his bounty and he couldn't let that happen but he couldn't risk rushing in and ending up outnumbered, outmatched and even end up dead. That wouldn't be good for collecting the money on this bounty. However, the presence of the X-Wing, it twigged a memory. A memory that had been distant but the name had lingered for a long while after. Valery Noble.

Not someone after the bounty but some kind of noble Jedi figure doing this stuff out of a sense of justice and righteousness, it was honestly a little sickening how sweet and naive it was about the way of the galaxy. However, she was more skilled than he was so there was no way he could beat her to the camp and take them all down before she could. He would have to figure out a way that she would allow him to work with her and fight together. It didn't go especially well their last meeting but perhaps she had seen his name on some declared minor Maw bounties.

Switching directions, Cedwyn decided that he would cut her off and meet on the way to the camp. At least that way she wouldn't be assuming he was there working for the Maw, which would be a valid assumption from their previous encounter. Cedwyn followed the Force signature, letting his presence be known in the Force as well, his connection would appear significantly stronger and Cedwyn more balanced within himself, he had figured out some things and was now connecting to the Force as he did before he left the Sith.

"Hello there Valery, hopefully not stalking me looking for a round 2 in our fight." His light humourous tone was deliberately being coy since he knew the reason she was actually here but figured this icebreaker would go down well.

At least he was hoping it would.

Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery waited.

She could sense that Cedwyn deliberately exposed his Force presence, as it almost seemed to call out to her specifically. Their last meeting had left a bad taste in her mouth, but recent reports about the Jedi's efforts to cleanse these parts of the Galaxy from Maw remnants had occasionally mentioned his name. Either he had decided to work for the right people, or the Alliance was just paying better than whoever hired him for that assassination attempt.

Right now, she mostly cared about not having an additional enemy to deal with, so she waited and decided to give him a chance to explain himself. Perhaps this time could be different, but if it was going to be the same thing as last time, she'd also be ready to deal with him.

"Hello there Valery, hopefully not stalking me looking for a round 2 in our fight."

Valery rolled her eyes a little before looking in his direction, "I have better things to do. Like dealing with that camp you're after as well," she said, knowing he wouldn't be here just for a day off. The Alliance was paying quite well for handling Maw remnants, so it only made sense that he was here for them.

"There's not going to be any trouble, I hope?" she then asked to be a little direct. It was better to know right away where they'd stand with each other today, rather than leave it up to chance.

RZeLX9T.png

Spotting Valery, she didn't seem to look much different from when he had previously seen her. It was a sight that Cedwyn couldn't be upset with for the most part. He shifted his rifle onto his back via its strap, looking straight at her, "I figured you would be here for the camp. Not too surprised that you are out here fighting Sith, more disappointed I didn't get here earlier to clear this all up myself." Cedwyn chuckled as he turned to face the camp. He took the rifle from his back and offered it to Valery.

"The scope will help you check out the defences. They seem better than I would have thought for a desert world ragtag team." Cedwyn stated in a matter of fact manner. "I am here to take out the base, not here to collect any of the number of bounties on your head, that would just be folly. Though some imperial did try and hire me to kidnap one of your Padawans or former Padawan." Cedwyn mentioned, "realised you were connected and dropped that mission quickly."

Pointing out a few places, "if you are happy to let me work and collect my bounties for this place then I am happy to work with you in clearing this out. We could attack from two different angles and attempt to divide their attentions." Cedwyn suggested as there were a few points a skilled fighter could work alone and two of them doing that would divide the camp and half the load.

"Up to you, I ain't gunna try and act like I am the better strategist here." Cedwyn knew all too well Valery's skills and it outmatched him so if she was willing to work with him then he was willing to follow her lead.

Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery shot him a brief smirk when he mentioned his disappointment, but then took the offered rifle and glanced through the scope. She wasn't worried that he'd try to attack her or pull some other stunt, so she focused on inspecting the enemy encampment. It was only when he mentioned an Imperial trying to hire him into hunting one of her Padawans, that she pulled away and looked at him from the corners of her eyes.

"It was a wise decision to drop it," Valery said, her voice cold all of a sudden. She was aware of how many bounties were on her head, and how many people wanted her dead. None of it bothered her, but if someone went after her Padawans or worse, her kids, she'd become an unstoppable force.

Valery then took a small breath and listened to his offer. What happened last time still left a bad taste in her mouth, but she could use the help, and she figured giving him a second chance wouldn't be a problem either. "Alright. I don't care about credits, so feel free to collect your bounties once we're done here. The only thing I'm taking is any info they have on other remnants out there." That way, she could keep the Alliance safe.

"Your idea is fine too. I'm going straight down the center to pull as much as I can. You have your rifle here, so maybe you can pick off targets from a distance before you move in yourself."

RZeLX9T.png

The brief smirk was a nice thing to see, perhaps he was wearing her down to be more comfortable to be around him.

Then the sub-zero freezing tone at which she spoke to him about it being a good idea to drop the bounty on one of her Padawans seemed to remove all thoughts of that being possible. "If I knew who the Imperial was, I would have sent you the details but clients rarely give their name on contracts like that. If, after this, you want the bounty information to warn your Padawan, I might still have the information on my ship." Cedwyn offered, she knew that he was more than happy to offer bounty information if it benefited her, since it was what he had done previously.

"Excellent, seems we have a deal then." He extended his hand to shake hands and form a deal.

Looking back at the camp, he nodded his head, "yeah, using my rifle, I can keep an overwatch view and let you charge ahead. Did you want to link comlinks and keep in touch? Let me know when to come down and help out?" Cedwyn offered, pulling out his comlink so she could link it to hers. "I try and find best spot around here to set up a sniper position while you head down. Give me the signal when you are ready to start the attack and I'll take down the stragglers for you."

He knew damn well that Valery was going to be doing well on her own so there was no point to make out like he could be doing the heavy lifting in this situation. "Got my Lightsaber and vibrosword as well to jump in as back-up." Cedwyn added as he spotted a decent looking area to set himself up and headed over.

Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Anything you can share about the bounty will be appreciated, but let's focus on this first," Valery said with a dip of her head before she turned to the man and briefly looked into his eyes. He then extended a hand, and for the first time, she offered a more genuine smile when she accepted it, and shook it firmly. Perhaps there was still some risk to trusting him, but she felt no bad intentions through the Force and decided that was the better judge of his character right now.

She couldn't allow what happened last time to determine everything.

"Sure, let's link them up," Valery then added before she established the comm link and retrieved the lightsabers from her belt. She rolled her shoulders, let out a soft breath, and turned her fiery gaze to Cedwyn again. "I'm going to move in now, so pick your targets and take them down." With that, Valery turned to the camp and began to move at superhuman speeds. Like a blur, she appeared in front of the first guards, and only then she ignited her two lightsabers.

The blades of violet plasma cut through their weapons, and with an aerial kick that put her body into a split, she knocked out both guards in one move. Valery then landed gracefully, and charged straight for the next group of mates, only to see even more appearing from her sides.

Ideal targets for her companion.

<Focus on those trying to flank me. When they're down, join me up at the front here.>

RZeLX9T.png

Watching her speed off, Cedwyn smirked, perhaps he was wearing her down better this time around. Probably helped that he wasn't taking a mission that she was standing firmly against. Likely played a large factor into the situation. He set himself up in the sniper position, adjusting the scope on his rifle, he scanned surroundings and spotted where Valery was.

<Looking good from this angle... I mean, position looks good...> Cedwyn coughed into the coms, <Will take down those flanking is what I mean. Not ogling you at all, I promise.> Slight lie, he could help an admiring look but swiftly switched to battle mode and his eyes focused on the targets as they jumped out.

BAM.

One target down. Cedwyn fired again, wounding the target but disabling them for the fight. He would have to finish them off after but he needed to focus on the next target. Firing again, his breathing was steady as he took two shots, first stunned, second killed. Scanning around to see if there were anymore flanking. Seemed clear enough for him to move on down.

<Heading down now. Leave some for me.> Cedwyn joked as he strapped his rifle to his back and brandished his Lightsaber and sword, the vivid deep purple Lightsaber igniting as he Force Sped over to where Valery was.

"How are things looking?" He called out.

Weapons:
Lightsaber

<I sure hope you're not looking at me through the scope of your weapon,> Valery said but with an amused voice, and a smirk on her face to match it, even though he'd likely not be able to see it. After their last encounter, the comment wasn't all that surprising, but she could really use his help as well. So he'd have to stop looking at her and focus on the enemy for now.

Luckily, he did not disappoint.

With a series of precise shots, Mawites around her fell, allowing her to continue pressing forward down the center of the encampment. One by one, enemies fell by her blade, and the more she took down, the more hesitant others became to meet her in battle. These weren't the highly dangerous Sith of the now defeated New Sith Order, nor were they the most dangerous of the old Maw tribes.

Most of them were simple soldiers on low morale.

"I sense something darker up ahead!" Valery called out, once Cedwyn finally joined her. "Their leader might be Sith or a Dark Jedi of some kind."

RZeLX9T.png

Hearing her amused tone had the Echani smirking, seemed he was still as smooth as he thought he was. Or at least, that was how he was framing the situation for himself.

Looking at the hesitant soldiers fighting Valery, they spotted Cedwyn and figured he was likely an easier fight. His blades danced around him as he moved with the full grace and precision of a Master Echani fighter, his sword glinting in the sunlight. Cedwyn turned to Valery, "given that they haven't come out yet. Whoever it is, they are aiming to wear us down with these lot and then finish us off. Shame they don't realise who is knocking at their door."

He gave her a wink.

Using the Force, he blasted the doors of the gate to the camp wide open. "Do have to say, you seem to be fighting different to our duel. Couldn't help but notice it." There seemed to be a lighter, happier movement in Valery, Cedwyn wasn't too sure why since he hadn't focused too much on it but couldn't help but notice and mention it.

His eyes scanned around, felt like they were walking into a trap. Then he heard it, not one Lightsaber, not even two. Several were igniting red around them. Seemed to be several Sith were here.

"You take the ones of the left, I handle the right?" Cedwyn suggested as he held his blades ready to attack.

Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Very much a miscalculation," Valery agreed with a chuckle before she charged through the open gate and helped bring down the remaining Mawites. A few survived and were on the run, but they weren't really her main concern. Without a leader or anybody to guide them, these individuals were no real threat to anybody.

So all that remained was to handle whoever was in charge.

"Different?" Valery tilted her head slightly and turned to look at the bodies they left behind. "I'm not sure if I'm much different, but either way, I'll be successful." She grinned and looked away when she felt the darker presence approaching. It turned out that it wasn't a single enemy, but several weaker ones.

Each one on its own was hardly a challenge, but fighting a group should never be underestimated. Even if Sith weren't all that coordinated, compared to Jedi working together.

"That works for me," Valery then said before she exploded up into the air with both her blades drawn. She flipped, spun, and used all of that momentum to deliver powerful, yet very rapid strikes at her enemy. It didn't matter that she was outnumbered — she was leading this dance, and she was going to aggressively add pressure on them to take them down.

It was, of course, quite a show of strength and agility as well.

RZeLX9T.png

The positive attitude from Valery was infectious and Cedwyn couldn't help but adopt a similar grin as he stood beside her. "It is more the emotions, the movements unspoken... Echani observation..." He shrugged, there was not much more he could explain about it before the fight with these Sith was going to begin.

Fighting one tough Sith or a group of weaker ones, Cedwyn would have preferred a single opponent. There were more ways to win, two of them on a single strong target were better odds than them being outnumbered. However, Valery didn't seem all too worried and he knew he had similar confidences in his own skill.

Darting to his opponents, his movements were graceful, balanced, his fighting style was more composed and put together seamless whereas before he was frequently more rigid and stuttering as he avoided moments that would trigger memories he had rather forgotten. Cedwyn had found some acceptance in his grey beliefs and it was reflecting in how he fought now.

His sword stabbed through the leg of a Sith, trapping them to the ground. He rose and faced the other Sith, a dark smirk etched on his lips as he shot a strong blast of Force Lightning towards the Sith. Clear demonstration that he was not merely another Jedi in this fight.

"Looking good there Master Noble... these Sith could learn a lesson... or two from you." Cedwyn called out as he begun an onslaught of blows on the Sith in front of him.

Weapons:
Lightsaber

The emotions?

Valery wasn't really sure if she felt any different or not. Until she remembered what had changed since the last time she saw him. Her husband had returned, and the impact that had on her life was huge. So when she realized that he picked up on it, Valery smiled and briefly touched her ring.

But then it was a show-time.

A pair of Sith attacked her, and Valery wasn't going easy on them at all. With a powerful, explosive jump, she moved over her two targets, landed behind one of them, and threw a leg sweep at him to knock him to the floor. Meanwhile, she extended a hand and telekinetically blasted the other away, allowing her to focus on the one she had brought off-balance.

Already, the Sith was rising back up to his feet, but as he did, Valery swatted away his blade, spun into his guard, and used her second lightsaber to stab him through the gut, killing him nigh instantly.

One more left to go.

RZeLX9T.png

What Cedwyn had said formed an idea, an explanation in Valery's mind of what he meant. However, now was unfortunately not the time for him to ask what she figured out.

Instead it was time to kill these Sith.

The Sith he was slamming with his onslaught of attacks, eventually the Sith caved and their defence broke. Cedwyn slashed through their shoulder all the way down to their hip. Kicking the dead body back, to collapse onto the ground as Cedwyn turned back around to the Sith he had trapped with his sword. Reaching forward with the Force, he gripped the Sith and squeezed, Force Choking the Sith. A smirk as his silver eyes shone with a dark glint, he killed the Sith as they suffocated. Pulling his sword back into his hand, he cleaned the blood off his sword, sheathing it as he looked around to ensure that there was no one else around that they might have missed.

In the moment, Cedwyn got his chance to do some more observation of Valery and attempt to figure out what had changed, or if he had a chance to assess Valery and gain some insights in how to fight her moving forward. Her skills in fighting were amazing and he couldn't help but be impressed with her skills. She was certainly the first person since his Jedi Master that he was truly impressed and in awe of her skills, they were beyond his and he was never certain that he would be able to match since he walked the middle of the road in Force abilities.

"Want the last one alive to see if they hold any information on other remnants?" Cedwyn asked.

Weapons:
Lightsaber

Even though she was entangled in her own duel, Valery could feel darkness swirl around Cedwyn, and she still wasn't fond of it at all. But there was no time to argue, lecture, or be upset over it — she had a fight to focus on. The Sith she had tossed away with the Force returned with a series of anger-fueled strikes, but Valery was not intimidated by the barrage at all. She cleverly dodged or deflected his crimson blade, and waited for the right moment.

It didn't take long before he overcommitted.

Bzzzmm

The lightsaber buzzed, as it pierced through the Sith's chest, and exploded out through his back. A few guttural sounds still managed to escape his lips, but when Valery disengaged her weapon, he fell dead to the floor.

"If we can take one alive, sure," Valery said, as she turned to him. "They don't tend to make that very easy."

RZeLX9T.png

When Cedwyn observed Valery kill the Sith, he raised an eyebrow, it was nothing terrible or what he was against but it was surprising that she wasn't taking a more cautious approach in attempting to capture and interrogate. Whether that was successful or not. "Well, does seem the ones here weren't able to survive long enough to give any answers."

Clipping his Lightsaber hilt to his belt, Cedwyn looked around the place and tried to see if there was any evidence about the place, any indications on where they are going next. "Over here, there might be some information on one of these drives." Cedwyn pointed to a collection of data drives, whether these held information on how the Maw worked before or information on how the remnants worked. He was curious if there had been some kind of failsafe plan with the way remnants were able to survive on these worlds.

"Can take these with you and get someone to scrub through the data for anything useful. Just make sure if there are any more camps, you bring me along," Cedwyn smirked to her, a little flirty in his tone, "for the creds of course." A tease about this was purely for money but he knew it wasn't, Valery was an alluring figure, someone with a magnetism that reminded him of his days as a Jedi with his Echani Master.

Standing up, "I can't seem to find anything else around here, nothing that would be useful for the GA. So, we can head back to my ship..." Cedwyn pause a little, "in order for me to hand over that bounty chip I got on your Padawan." Another smirk danced on his lips.

Weapons:
Lightsaber

"It's alright, there's enough for us here," Valery said, unbothered by the fact that they weren't able to capture any of the Sith. From what she had seen these last few months, Maw remnants were uncoordinated and all fighting for their own search for power. So with this camp taken out, there was likely not much she could learn from them. At least, nothing more than what the data drives Cedwyn found could tell them.

"I'm sure they'll be encrypted, so I'll return them to the Alliance and have them look at it." She nodded and paused for a moment. "Of course, you'll get your credits for the work, too." He had shown to be trustworthy here, so she was going to keep her word too and make sure he'd be paid the full credits that he came here for. There was no need to split because she couldn't care less about making money.

Especially for Jedi duties.

"Can take these with you and get someone to scrub through the data for anything useful. Just make sure if there are any more camps, you bring me along," Cedwyn smirked to her, a little flirty in his tone, "for the creds of course."

Valery turned to him, raised an eyebrow, and shook her head with a slight smirk, "Of course," she commented. "I've been hunting down groups like this for a while, and I know this isn't the last one. So perhaps we'll work together again." Her voice was a bit teasing, but she was a little on the fence still, mostly because of his use of the Dark Side. No matter who used it, or for what reason, her trust in them would always be highly limited.

She then looked around a little longer, but when she came to the same conclusion as him, she turned back and tilted her head at his invitation, "Right, and I'll make sure you get your credits. Lead the way."

RZeLX9T.png

"Perhaps?" Cedwyn faked a pained tone, "oh you wound me Jedi Master! How could I survive without the joys of working with you again and admiring your skills in fighting?" He gave a wink to highlight that he was merely teasing and joking around, though he was always interested in how others fought and learning more about those that he was going to work closer with was important. "I will have to take perhaps and live in hopes that the Force favours our chances of meeting again." Cedwyn chuckled deeply.

Cedwyn led the way, "don't have to be so business focused Master Jedi, come, tell me about what has restored the joys in your life. It is clear that something returned that was once lost, I saw that in the ways that you fight. However, I haven't yet gleamed what it is exactly. I have some ideas but better you to say then throw random guesses." Cedwyn was certain one of the options he held was accurate but he also kind of hoped they weren't accurate for his own chances.

Looking around the desert, Cedwyn paused as he attempted to figure out the direction that he came from and where his ship might lie. The issue with deserts was that all the directions looked the same, so he wasn't too confident and he had to just trust the Force that he was not going to wind up getting them massively lost in the desert for several days at a time. "I should tell you, I handled that Sith organisation from our last encounter. Took several days and a few new scars but was worthwhile. Helped put a lot of the past back where it belongs." Cedwyn commented as he had been able to connect with the Force once more since he could finally lay to rest his darker pains. He was not completely healed but on a better path.

Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery rolled her eyes a little at his teasing and shook her head with just a faint smirk. Sometimes, he just seemed impossible, but at least it wasn't anything like their first meeting. Back then, he had felt dangerous, manipulative, and untrustworthy, but today he had proven himself to be someone she could rely on. Even though his methods weren't exactly something she could agree with. That would likely remain the only real point of apprehension for cooperation.

"Business focused?" she then asked as they began heading for his ship. She still wasn't quite sure what he meant, or at least, not until he mentioned something returning to her that was once lost. Valery immediately brought up her hand and gently rolled the ring around her finger. "My husband," she said with a warmer smile. "For a long time, I believed him to be dead, but I managed to bring him back to me." With help of Vera, but she didn't want to go into the specifics of it all.

The two then continued into the desert, where Valery followed him mostly blindly. She had no idea where his ship was and figured that he hadn't just forgotten about it somehow. There were ways to remember or track your own ship, after all.

"You did?" She blinked and looked at him. "Well, I'm glad to hear it. Sounds like it was a dangerous one, though. If they managed to scar you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom