Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Humbarine Election [New Republic] [Invite]

-- It seemed that [member="Ella Nova"] was already getting on top of the council for their lack of leadership for the past few rotations. Senator Yasmleil Ridall was a close colleague of the Vice Chancellor, and with her help they were able to win over Neimoidia the previous month. She was the glue that was holding this council from the New Republics View. Her loss was the reason this council was now a bumbling room of idiots. Miss Nova was dropping the law on those that had lost the faith of the Reptilian.

-- He nodded his head, thinking of the defense of the Northern Region, "The Republic Navy has set up Interdictor Mines along the Hydra and Parlemian, we had plans to mine the other side of the Hydra but Representative Ridall wanted the Northern Border secured before the focusing on securing this area, I can have the Navy divert some of them as well as assign the 16th to defend the planet until the project is completed."

-- The Interdictor Mines were older models, but they would do the job until the Republic Engineer Corp could push out other productions. Contracts with the United Trade Conglomerate and Kuat Drive Yards were still in the testing fazes. The first ones would have to be sent to the Navy, but securing the Hyperlanes were also a good idea.

| [member="Tobias Dracks"] |

"That sounds acceptable, Vice Chancellor. I am sure I speak for the Humbarine Council and the people of our great city when we thank you once again for your quick response, as well as the effort you are making to protect our planet. I look forward to meeting you in person one day, perhaps on Carida?"

Internally Ella smiled. It had not gone to plan, but things never did. Everything was constantly in flux, moving and reshaping itself. She had adapted, using the situation presented by the Jen'ari emergence to turn this into her ascension to the position of Senator. She had no doubt in her mind that she would win the election when it come. In the room she could feel the thoughts and emotions of each of Humbarine's governors. They were impressed, and some were even a little infatuated with the small woman who had seemingly saved their planet.

-- It seemed that the tension in the room was starting to lessen. This council was hesitant in the Republic intervention, and their Representative had stalled every chance for the Republic get a foothold. The population of Humbarine was large and relatively untouched by New Republic Recruiters. This passed through his mind rather quickly as the political candidate passed on her praise.

-- He looked to [member="Ella Nova"] with emotion still difficult to read and a stoic face that did not give away physical tells. "Of course the Republic Senate would not be able to approve the displacement of defenses from the north where the Sith Empire or still a threat, and with the recent Liberation of Commenor using Republic Resources, the northern border are feared for a possible threat." He rubbed his chin pretending to think, then snapping his fingers, "If Hambarine would allow the Republic Army a better presence in our recruitment efforts on your planet, I believe the offset of Military Troopers could offset the removal of the Hyperlane Mines, is that something the Council would consider?"

-- He placed his hands on the arms of the chair he was in and nodded, "I imagine your schedule will becoming filled soon," He eyes those in the room as their eyes and faces were easy to read, "As soon as you can find the time I would very much like to meet you.." He paused for a second and then continued, "Representative Nova."

| [member="Tobias Dracks"] |

Bowing her upper body to the Vice Chancellor Ella beamed a wide smile to him as she rose back up. "Once the election is finished I am sure that we can arrange for the two of us to meet at your convenience, Vice Chancellor. Now that it has been arranged I will leave you to speak to the Council in regards to the defense proposals that you have made. See you soon."

Turning her body around Ella nodded to the Humbarine Council before turning out of the room to leave them to finalise the new defensive procedures for the Humbarine system. Everything that she had brought up with the Vice Chancellor were clearly obviously needed for the defense of the planet, she knew, but it wasn't her decision to make on what was decided on between the New Republic and the Humbarine Council. Those decisions rested in the hands of the regional governors... at least for now.

Leaving the Council building and stepping out into the public with [member="Jack Anderson"], Ella greeted several interviewers at the base of the perimeter that had been set up by the Police. There she explained what had happened, that the Humbarine Council was talking with Vice Chancellor Tobias Dracks, and that the planet was no longer under threat. She made sure to subtly imply that she was responsible for what had happened in a way that did not make her sound arrogant, but a genuine hero who had just saved Humbarine.

It was a masterstroke in PR that would solidify Ella's place as the new front runner to become Humbarine's next Senator; and when the news leaked that Sullchiri Ridall had been fired by the Vice Chancellor, victory was all but assured. Within that week the Humbarine Council had announced that a vote had been cast to elect Ella Nova was Humbarine's new representative in the New Republic, with the tally coming in at 13-0.

FIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom