Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get a Master- Feb 2017

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Scheherazade Roshanara said:
No one has ever asked me to be their master...
That is very normal. Most writers don't ask other people directly anyway.

Vi Grir said:
She's not the warrior type unfortunately, which is the biggest reason I find it hard to find someone, sadly
Also, normal. The more specific your vision for your character, the less writers there will be available to work with that specific opinion.Don't worry about it. Push through on sheer willpower or change to match your environment. That's just life and fanfic.

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

Well, I have no problem being trained to be a warrior. Like if they gave Vi the power to fight but guard her collection, so like guard -their- collection. I've got nothing against being taught offensive abilities, the problem is people probably want others to fight for/with them

Personally, I have moved away from wanting a Master for my new characters, unless it's a deep plot crafted together.

Instead I just get my character out there, do faction threads, skirmishes, invasions and other stuff, until people start noticing and recognizing the character. Once they are established, it's smooth sailing from there.

Then again, I have been around for quite some time now.

It's less easy for the new people in terms of motivation, clear goals and such.

Also those of us who have been doing this for a few years know that of the threads we pick up with our masters to start tutoring new characters, 80% of those characters will vanish within a month.

Hence I'm far more likely to pick up threads with established characters.

Build genuine character relationships, post LFG threads with a theme for a story you've come up with, let the story grow over time.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Tai Fa said:
Instead I just get my character out there, do faction threads, skirmishes, invasions and other stuff, until people start noticing and recognizing the character. Once they are established, it's smooth sailing from there.
Brilliant. Words to live by really.

Neesa said:
...those characters will vanish within a month.
This is normal. We all have experienced this and not just with students, Masters, or new members. People disappearing has been a part of this hobby for over 20 years now. You can't let it discourage you. Especially away from new members or from taking students. This has always been a part of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom