Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Much Force would a Force Droid use if a Force Droid could use the Force?

Myra

M
I know that droids are incapable of using the force (most of the time) but how easy would it be to replicate?

A few Ideas I had was:

• Gravity manipulation to simulate object manipulation
  • Ability to shoot bolts of electricity to simulate force lightning
  • Already enhanced physical abilities such as long-distance jumping, strength, etc, to simulate the extra abilities the force gives a user.
Any other suggestions?

Also, how difficult would it be for a non-force user to get their hands on a lightsaber?

Well, I think there have been instances of Jedi giving droids Force abilities. Kazdaan Paratus in TFU was making droids out of scrap metal through the Force. Non force-users can get lightsabers off the Black Market, but it costs about 50-100 thousand credits

[member="Mectus"]
A droid shooting electricity is about as smart as Treebeard with a flamethrower. Interesting mental image there I know.

All of these things are theoretically obtainable, but they would be mechanical, not Force based.

You could work with the factory to get some of these things through, but I wouldn't bet on them all.

A lightsabre is possible to use. Droids can be good at duelling due to the fact they have greater strength and control. They can't do the sort of acrobatics a Jedi does, nor deflect blaster bolts are surely or as often.

Myra

M
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Wouldn't it be possible to use Predictive Analytics to increase the ability to reflect blaster shots? I mean, the droid would need an incredible amount of processing power and information on it's enemy but it sounds plausible. But this data could be gathered easily about people like stormtroopers or clones who go through vigorous but near identical training, and more complex fighters like Jedi/Sith, information could be gathered on the fly, it would probably take a few actual battles for the Predictive Analytics to kick in though.

Orn'om

O
You could also always just try enslaving force sensitive Shard and selling them as battle droids.

Myra

M
[member="Zeke Farthen"]

That sounds incredibly fun but also incredibly difficult to do. How does one mind control or enslave a crystal xD

Mectus said:
Wouldn't it be possible to use Predictive Analytics to increase the ability to reflect blaster shots?
Yes and no. Jedi and Sith actually catch glimpses of what is to come before it happens, a droid would be reacting as it happens. There's a mountain of difference there.

You could use it to explain an uncanny ability to deflect blaster bolts, sure, but you aren't going to be displaying actual precognition.

Mectus said:
Gravity manipulation to simulate object manipulation
This already exists in the form of tractor, repulsor, and tensor technology. People have already done this, both as droids and as normal NFUs.

Mectus said:
Ability to shoot bolts of electricity to simulate force lightning
Probably not a good idea to do this when everything that holds you together conducts electricity and is vulnerable to it. I'd suggest either avoiding this, or using a weapon (like an arc caster) that does a similar job. There's a reason Darth Vader didn't use force lightning, and it wasn't because he didn't like the theatrics.

Mectus said:
Already enhanced physical abilities such as long-distance jumping, strength, etc, to simulate the extra abilities the force gives a user.
I guess this depends on how far of an extreme you're inquiring about here? Jumping really far and some really impressive physical strength? Sure. I don't know about anything quite beyond that.

Technology in star wars has many ways to give those who don't have the force an upper hand against those who do - much of the novels and side stories rely on these kinds of tools in order to make villains or heroes into threats against their force-empowered adversaries.

Valiens Nantaris said:
All of these things are theoretically obtainable, but they would be mechanical, not Force based.

Start as an organic Force-user, have evil droids remove your brain and put it in a droid body and keep it alive via technobabble. Bang, you're a Force-sensitive Droid.

Sorta. [member="Valiens Nantaris"]. Shooting lightning is still suicidal though.

Zeke Farthen said:
You could also always just try enslaving force sensitive Shard and selling them as battle droids.

Something for Enyo to look into, possibly.

[member="Mectus"]

Haha it is amusing to me how many FU writers are in this thread scandalized at the thought of technology ever coming close in power level to space magic.

Honestly you can do just about everything that a FU does as a droid short of any telepathic/psychic related abilities, it just needs a lot more preparation and as always a mindfulness of balance. Others who have spoken up are right when they said droids can't do stuff like predict the future/anticipate attacks, but a droid designed with the purpose of blaster deflection in mind would come a lot closer to comparable performance than I think some who have given you feedback are willing to admit. :p

Not entirely sure what Valiens meant by a droid isn't capable of pulling off the same type of acrobatics, but as before it would have to be designed or modified specifically for that purpose. As with all things, it's about fairness and how much your opponent is willing to accept in a given encounter. Obviously if I were to continuously yank out an endless supply of "tech tricks", I would quickly start frustrating some opponents who would think I am power gaming, especially if I didn't reference any submissions or canon sources. But as long as you understand a droid's limits going in and respect those limits, you can simulate most of the parts that matter I'd say.

[member="Archim Calixis"]

Telekinesis can, to a degree, be simulated with tech. Vanir sells Grav-Gloves that enable an NFU to utilise some of the techniques associated with telekinesis. Easy enough to do.

And in Legends Trioculus had cybernetic implants in his fingertips that allowed him to simulate Force Lightning (not sure how that worked, but it seems he could), though this came at a cost since use of it would inflict damage on his body. He installed sonic devices into Vader's glove, which emitted a high-pitch sound that was capable of killing a target, though again this came at a cost to him. Both doodads were supposed to enable him to pretend he was a Force-user.

Archim Calixis said:
Not entirely sure what Valiens meant by a droid isn't capable of pulling off the same type of acrobatics, but as before it would have to be designed or modified specifically for that purpose.

If they're specifically designed for that, I'd reckon droids can be quite acrobatic. However they'd probably be less durable than their less mobile, but more heavily armoured mechanical brethren. Most droids are heavy though.

For instance, my HRD Moira Skaldi received lightsabre training from a Sith Lord she was allied with. Way I wrote her, she could use the lightsabre forms that are closer to conventional duelling/fencing and don't rely on the Force. However, her heavy body kept her from leaping and spinning about like many Force-users tend to, so no Ataru leaps for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom