Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game How Has Your Character Changed?

Has your character changed since your original concept?

• Yes

Votes: 25 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Caedyn Arenais

C
So I voted with Valen instead of Caedyn but this character originally started out with the Je'daii as a neutral Force User and eventually moved to the Order of the Silver Jedi in the concluding phase of his fathers narrative, Veiere Arenais.

There have been a number of changes in his path, most recently having him return to the Outer Rim to pursue independent work as a Jedi Knight free of political restrictions.

The only thing that's changed with Taozi since her inception is her world view, and sort of her personality. After the back-to-back attacks on Tanaab and Concord Dawn by the CIS and TSE respectively, Taozi developed PTSD from those invasions. She went from a pure idealist that thought there was good in the galaxy, to a jaded workaholic that thinks there is no mercy to be found in the galaxy, so she has to show the galaxy what mercy actually is.

Also that Sith are monsters, not people, so they deserve to be slaughtered as such, and that it's fine to desecrate their corpses to teach Padawans human biology. She'd also gleefully stab a Confederate for what happened to her home planet.

She needs therapy.

Collecting scars that have mellowed out her hot-headed attitude. Essentially realizing that she can very well die. Getting over the loss of her Master, not to mention opening up to her fellow Jedi in the order and not being so self sufficient. Actually trying to get ahead of her own mental health so as she doesn't end up bitter later on. There's a few overarching themes I have running concurrently as I play Aayla.

Most importantly her views as the Jedi as an organization. The SJC and NIO collaboration, I haven't even gotten around to playing her views on that, but they probably wont be fond.

Yes.

Nimdok was originally just a scholar and adventurer with a slightly unscrupulous, slimy side to him. On a whim, I decided he would have a daughter who traveled with him. This humanized him and made him into more of a family man, adding a nice bit of dimension to his character.

Similar stuff happened when I had him return to his homeworld. I got to get into various aspects of the culture and environment he was raised in, as well as his relationships with the people who were most important to his development.

Most recently, I decided to have a go at writing him as a full-on Jedi. Before, he was more of an independent entity who would occasionally have interactions with the Jedi from various factions. Now he is the Grandmaster of Knowledge of the Silver Jedi Concord. That decision has definitely altered how other characters perceive him - he is seen as a figure of importance, or at least greater significance, as well as being held to a much higher standard and heaped with greater responsibilities. Already he is beginning to regret taking this job, and part of me knew he would regret it, but I've enjoyed the experience of writing it so far. So eh. I guess I'll torture him for a little longer yet. :p

Edit: I am just now realizing that you probably were asking about natural development of a character within the story. Oops. Uh, well, let's say he has been slowly but surely becoming more honest, as his deceptions now have much more far-reaching consequences for him due to his position.

Barbie Barnabas

Pirate Queen from the Wild of Space
Was originally intended to be just a spam queen, being that my writer account was doing both writing and spamming. Needed to break away the two and leave that account to just writing.
But...

But the more I researched this play by, the more I were inspired to make it a role playing character. A pirate no less. Working on all her background while I use her for some spamming fun in the meantime.
Her background will take some time to complete as it involves tech, home system and all that. So in the mean time, you have no choice but to put up with my zany spamming. :p

Barbie Barnabas

Wow..you knew about this place since 2013?
So you know, i wasn't snooping and went to check on your profile. No.
I... I uhm....was...moving my mouse, which in turn moved the cursor over to accidently and...and without me deliberately doing so, uhm open up Your profile. Yea. :(

I swear. > >

Barbie Barnabas

Ahh, yes.
I do remember years before I were steered toward here.... that I had looked it over and had found it too daunting...too big as in easily getting lost and misplacing/forgetting where one last posted. I didn't join and forgot all about this place till I were coaxed into joining by Mariya Fleischer Mariya Fleischer like 3 years ago.

Hehe...yea, I keep tagging her as she is currently on a sabbatical. But she did stop by last week and acknowledged one of my tags. Well, my alt's tag, Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe . They are besties. :D

Karlie Lynn Destat

Conspiracy Theorist and Investigator (IBI)
Hello Mr Porte' :)
First; thank you for your kind compliment. It were of another time, another era almost lost to memory...but I do miss writing within that Empire of past.

Here I had to make concessions...create a new world for her that would fit this timeline, and found it necessary to have it exist within a non-Imperial faction. Although one could not say that she has been completely amore by it. Then again, when has Karlie ever conformed, even among the Imperials she had once served? :)

I've kept her as a bio-engineer scientist and investigator for like bureaus (similar to those she used to portray). Same personality, weaknesses and determination. I'd say she and her supporting alts are doing well here (with the limited time that I have on line) for I have found a great writer to collaborate stories with. :)

Speaking as the writer, I am at your disposal. Should you need me to support you in a story, you can call on any/all my alts. :)

Originally Cyran was suppose to be nothing more than a lousy bounty hunter cosplaying as a Mandalorian in crappy knock off plastoid armor. That got changed rather quickly when he married a Mandalorian and is now less a pseudo-Mandalorian and more like the Quasi-Mandalorian title I've given him. Having been more properly train, exposed to the culture, and all around adopted into it.

Another thing that has changed to is his distain for Force Orders both good and bad/light and dark. He has no issues really with people just for being Force Sensitive, but worshiping hokey religions about the mitochondria he considers misguided at best and destructive at worst.

One of the most constant things about him is how I try my best to play him as a zeltron, and not just a pink human, and maintaining a lot of his zeltron based cultural values to the best of my ability.

Overall though I do think I've kept Cyran fairly close to his original concept with plenty of room to evolve :D

Initially Minerva didn’t think much of the Jedi and but certainly hated Sith when she was younger. Now as the years go by Minerva has developed bonds with people she didn’t think would happen and understand them a little more. Of course she still holds Sith in complete contempt. She was more of a follower than a leader but has become more of the latter while commanding others in the field.

Considering her original concept was from a tabletop game in a completely different era, yes.

Has she changed since she joined Chaos?

A bit. Originally, she was a wild child who was the underdog in most fights, who fought entirely through clever unpredictability.

Now she's a trained fighter with a varied arsenal, and a company that is, at least in my own IC reasoning, one of the leaders of industry within the GA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom