Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question How does your character perceive the Force?

Like more than a few others that have posted, Audren sees the Force as threads/connections. The deeper or more powerful the connection the thicker the thread, and emotions or that sort of thing are tints and colors of those. They can stretch out through time as well as space. Haven't played him looking deeply enough for it to be a web or fractal or whatnot. Maybe someday.

Previous characters have typically used the water metaphor in some form.

Thalia sees, feels, and interacts with the force as the stormy oceans of Pamarthe. She is just a boat on the water and her training and focus are the sails and rudders that she uses to guide herself along the waves of the Force without fighting them to reach her ultimate goal, be it a particular force ability or whatever else. In extreme moments of clarity the storm clears and the stormy waves become a calm ocean with a pleasant breeze that pushes her along towards her goal without her having to do anything except hold course.

I don't think Carnifex ever really dwelt on the Force as anything other than energy that can be harnessed like heat or electricity.

I do think he'd resonate with the water interpretation, with each individual being in the galaxy being empty vessels that are filled with various quantities of water depending on the accident of birth with their midichlorian count. And because energy can be manipulated, you can fill up a vessel with water or drain it until it's empty. Energy also cannot be created or destroyed, and so the water recycles itself when a vessel is destroyed.

When the character was younger he mostly perceived the force as a massive ocean, with people either being islands or ecological disasters depending on their actions.

As he's gotten older and more spiritual he's begun to regard it as a heaven of sorts that can be visited via meditation, a heaven constructed entirely of the energy/souls of all beings that have died. In his mind, most beings are inherently good, and so the Force's will is generally benevolent. That being said, it is just as influenced by those who tend toward selfish acts resulting in the corrupted/hellish version of the Force everyone knows as the Dark Side.

From Cedric's point of view the Force is in a state of spiritual war with itself. Peace and life proceeding in a balance with itself brings the Ashla, violent conflict and interference with the balance brings the Bogan. This war has been waged since the birth of life, and will continue until either the Ashla or the Bogan wipes out the other entirely. His hope is that somehow the Ashla will exterminate the Bogan forever and ensure a heaven of sorts for all life in the galaxy, and fears that the alternative is inevitable and eventually all beings will be damned to a hellscape for eternity.

It's the type of view that allows the character to make questionable decisions at times and cause some tension between himself and his allies. It's a great source of inner strength and motivation, but it's also a means to justify atrocities if taken to the extreme.

As (sun) light. I guess I should expand on that. it can be used for good to help others grow. it can be used to burn and shrivel them up like sick plants. it can shed light on a situation or it can leave you blind. it can lend its comporting warmth or it can blister you. with out it there are no plants no light no warmth. so Rosie here sees the force as sun light. hope that y'all like that sneak peak into her mind.

Before I got into Star Wars, I was a huge Gundam fan, and so I take a lot of influence from Newtypes when writing my FU characters.

My FU perceive the Force as currents and colored auras, all existing like a translucent overlay on the real world. They become more vivid and defined as my characters concentrates or enters the astral plane, overwriting the appearance of real world objects with their "true" form.

Vader as an example:

NcREvRr.jpg

Eralam doesn't perceive the Force as anything concrete. It simply is. It has no form or shape, except for where given form by the minds of those who perceive it.

From his perspective, Light and Dark are nothing more than constructs. The idea of something so omnipresent and omnipotent having no discernable form is simply too much for the organic mind, so they invent a shape for it to make sense of it all. While this helps them maintain their sanity, it also constrains the Force to their limited ideas of what it should be and eliminates entire realms of possibility from existence.

Beric if you want to simplify it, elementalist. His main specialty when it comes to force powers is controlling the elements à la Avatar: the Last Airbender.

If you had to ask him how he sees the Force? He would say that everything is the Force. Down to the smallest atom, in Beric's vision and senses everything is interconnected. He doesn't need to create a metaphorical vision because of his understanding, and because that is literally what he sees. In order to be able to control the elements like he does, he has to be able to persuade the Force that is inside each molecule of hydrogen and oxygen in a windstorm to change direction, each grain of sand in a sandbank to lift and float, each flake of snow to form themselves into a snowdroid. Introducing metaphorical visions to his psyche would cloud that ability, and so he just sees the Force as it manifests itself in the physical world.

Of course, what if there is a being powerful in the Force, not just a random tree or stone? Well say his apprentice Millu Lee Millu Lee walked by, Millu would just have a stronger aura in the Force, kind of like the light of a bonfire compared to a candle. If he were to reach out with his senses, Millu and a rock wouldn't be converted into some metaphysical metaphor, and they would still appear the same as they were physically, one would just be able to sense a stronger aura about Millu.

Beric doesn't think that there is a natural dark or light side to the Force, and the Force simply just is; however, he thinks that the light or dark sides of the Force are ascribed to certain abilities because of either their potential to do harm to another, or potential to do harm to oneself. Many dark side abilities that are used, are used at the expense of the user mentally; this is why in his eyes those dark side abilities should not be used. Conversely, other dark side abilities use the Force (in his eyes) in perverse ways to create monstrosities or to inflict unnatural and unusually cruel harm. This is why, in Beric's philosophy, the distinction between Light and Dark were first made, in order to keep oneself from spiraling mentally and physically down a self-destructive path.

Last edited:
Enlil doesn't have a "belief" in the Force proper. He understands the given perspectives of the Jedi and Sith, and stands firm in the idea that the world in its ideal state is balanced, neither good nor evil, dark nor light, but at a state of law and order, wherein there is peace.

Chaos, the disruption of order, is not inherently dark. The actions of those aspected to light can throw the Galaxy out of balance just as easily as those who attempt to subjugate others. Additionally, a multitude of large, multiplanetary government organizations inherently causes strife. He believes that they should be streamlined under a single, unifying leadership that has a multitude of ideas but ultimately is executed by the will of a single, strong leader. Democracy is chaotic and allows for different ideas to clash; while advisors may disagree, a single leader who does not give his constituents a perception of freedom to act outside of parameters is ideal. Jedi break from this by allowing people to act outside the scope of the law; and Sith cleave from it by subjugating free will entirely and not allowing men to thrive within the boundaries of order. Both approaches ultimately lead to chaos in one way or another.

That's a fraction of how his mind works.

593yDHq.jpg

On a more serious note, Saija is more of a skeptic and cynical about force users since she's never actually met one. Sure, she's heard alot of stories like everyone else, but over time and distance, the stories can be greatly exaggerated.

This could be the beginning of a personality quirk; like everything I know about the force is just dead wrong, bordering on conspiracy theory level misinfo.

"What do you mean the Jedi DON'T eat babies? Where do you think their powers come from? Look up Order 66, how do you think Palpatine got so powerful?"

Okay, so after making original humorous post quoting Han Solo's early views on the Force I kind of realized Cyran would be sort of half lying by saying that. By playing Cyran as my main non-force user I feel it to be rather interesting to explore The Force from a total outsider. And he is certainly an outsider even given his bloodline relationship to the Perls.

Outwardly Cyran would say that The Force is just a "hokey religion". And choose to portray himself as seemingly apathetic and uncaring individual to the cosmic powers that be. However this is actually more of a façade. Deep down, even if he wouldn't like to admit it. He really hates the Force in everyway, even despite the fact he doesn't really know what it is. This all stems from the Netherworld Event about 20 some years ago on Chaos lore where Cyran was only 6 at the time and lost his parents to it. Thus for 20 years Cyran has sort of bottled up his hatred for The Force and how it orphaned him.

He doesn't see it as a some awesome power or energy that binds the world. If anything he sees it as the opposite. It causes wars of unimaginable scale throughout history, creates monsters and chaos, and most importantly to him took his parents at a young age. And he views those who praise it as untrustworthy and hopeless.

So yeah, outside he might conduct himself with all the cool swagger of an apathetic scoundrel when it comes to it. But deep down there's unresolved emotions ready to burst out in uncharacteristic rage and malice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom