Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I know you're not making faces at me under that thing? [CIS Dominion of Utapau]

Coop had only just gotten his approach window from J4-M3 to assist the ground team when his comms blared Rostu's orders. He adjusted the flight harness and made sure all systems read nominal.
"Whatever you say boss man. Jamie, I hope you're ready for this." The droid emitted what almost sounded a nervous retort of whistles before the Grunt starfighter's nose dipped downward and the fighter began it's approach. Looking down on the battle below a pit formed in Coop's stomach. "Man am I glad I get hazard pay." He said with a frown.

The Eternal Queen
"Alright! Now, tell me where it hurts."

Feena had been dealing with masses of sick and injured. Some injured recently, some who had been long suffering. All of them important. Beyond everything that was happening, these people were her first priority. They were the most important right now to her, because she was the only one who seemed to notice them and care.

For the most part, she was doing very well. She hardly had to use her abilities. She could allow most people to heal naturally, and that would save her some energy. She could go on much longer this way. But there were always a few that needed a little extra care. For those few, Feena paid extra special attention.

“I was under the impression that the plan was to drop them.” Kara responded to @[member="Veret Jun"] cheekily. Tactics were not really her specialty, especially for this big of a fight. Void, a year ago she’d never even seen a fight this big in person. She figured that she was adjusting to the life of a force wielding warrior well enough, but it would take some time before she could think of the whole battle rather than just the parts that connected to her lightsaber.

Joshia’s voice came over her earpiece, pointing out a weakness in the enemy’s formation. Her former mentor was either able to read minds across the battlefield, or he just had really good timing. Left side. Hit them hard. That was doable. “You heard the man, let’s go be tactical.”

The young woman readied her lightsaber and pushed herself headfirst into the fray. The insurgents took notice of her glowing blue blade and focused their fire. She danced through them, deflecting blasted bolts and decapitating anyone her blade could reach. With any luck they would keep they attention on her and give Veret all the time he needed to work his gun magic.

Keter

The Renegade
There is love, and there is fear.

The Inferno hung in space, silent and dark. No power pulsed through it's system as it orbited Utapau, the only light it felt was that beaming from the system's star, illuminating the dark etched runes covering the hull. Ancient Sith runes, a legacy of his past. In the cockpit, sitting in the commander's chair, was Keter Mason. His head rested on a balled fist, his arm resting in turn on the armrest of the seat. His red eyes glowed in the darkness. Felicity was far from here, safe with Barnabus and Rooks on whatever world Feena had deemed safe.

This place was far from safe. And she had thrown herself in head first as she always did. He sighed and leaned back in the chair, uncaring of the stifling heat that had gathered in the ship. They had wanted him here. But what they expected to gain was beyond him. He was not some leashed dog to be ordered on command. It rankled it. It had been all he had known until his early adulthood. And he would not be shackled again. He may have exiled himself, he may have been forgotten, but he would not be pushed around. It would do best to make a bold statement now than let such rot fester.

The blond grinned to himself in the dark as the light struck the cockpit, basking him in blinding brilliance. HIs eyes automatically adjusted to let him retain his clear sight. The Confederacy that Feena was so proud of...were they strong enough to protect her? He idly reached out and flipped a row of switches, and a low rumble was born in the heart of the Inferno in response. This ship was all he had. And it wasn't the one that had been with him through so much. That one had been destroyed on Vjun long ago.

But Barnabus and Slevin had built him a new one, completely identical to the previous, in honor of their friendship. His gloved hands tightened over the controls. To show himself now...it could be done no other way. For Feena. For Felicity. The scanners sparkled into life, working through the channels Feena had given him. Time to see how well the Confederacy handled matters.

The Eternal Queen
"No, not that. It's in my medpac. Yes, that."

Feena had her hand over the left knee of a very small, malnourished girl. Such a nasty infection. If it continued to spread, the limb could not be saved. This was what war did to people. It ruined lives, especially those that were too young to understand. She was so over it all. It was getting exhausting.

"There we go," she soothed as a nurse handed Feena a bottle, "Now this is not going to hurt a bit, okay? I promise. You just have to do something for me, alright?"

The girl nodded, but she looked terrified. She looked... like Feenas daughter. She couldn't have been that much older than her.

"You need to hold my hand tight and don't look away from my face for a minute, okay? Good girl."

When she felt the squeeze, Feena smiled, and sprayed the liquid onto the wound. There was a hissing sound as the green liquid sizzled through the infection. It would not fix the problem, but it was a start. Feena would have to go in herself and remove the bulk of the infection before even attempting healing.
That would hurt.

"You are doing so well. Keep squeezing my hand. Is your mommy here?"
The girl shook her head and pointed to the man waiting, looking at her through the glass door.
"Your Daddy?"
When the child nodded, Feena felt a little warmth behind her eyes. The sizzling stopped at last, bringing Feena back to reality.

"Okay. We're not done yet. I need you be be a brave girl, okay? This next part is going to hurt a little bit, but I will hurt a lot more if I don't do this. Do you want to hug mister snuggles?"

Feena held out a pink, fuzzy stuffed toy and the girl grabbed it as if it were the only thing in the Galaxy she had left. That toy was loosely based off of the one she had made for her daughter. Now Feena made as many as she could every time she did this, all of them named Mister Snuggles. Providing a small bit of comfort to the children she treated, well, it was the very least she could manage.
She replaced the gloves that she had been wearing for a fresh pair, and prepped the syringe.

"Alright, Sunshine," Feena soothed, holding the syringe behind her back as she approached the girl, "I need you to shut your eyes now. Do you know the Itsy Bitsy Tauntaun? Hum that with me, okay?"

She was a good girl, just like Felicity. She closed her eyes and hummed along with Feena, and she kept humming even after Feena poked her in the leg with the needle. She hummed until the very end, starting over each time the song ended, humming perfectly in time with the healer, until Feena at last broke the melody.

"There we are, almost done. You did such a good job."
Under her hand, flesh knitted itself back together. It would scar, but she would keep her leg.

"Okay, all done. You can open your eyes now."

The child did as she was told, and when she saw the scar, her entire face lit up. It didn't matter to her what it looked like. The pain was gone. She could go and play again. The child looked up at the healer and held the stuffed toy out for her to take back. Feena simply shook her head and the child instantly understood. This was for her. This was all for her and for little ones like her.

"Now, she will need to stay off of her feet until the anesthetic wears off," Feena instructed a nurse, "It will be sore for a few weeks, so I've written down her prescription right here. Be sure that her Father is aware of what we are giving her and how much she needs to take. Have nutrition bars brought to them too."

As the girl was lowered into a wheelchair and removed from the room to be with her father again at last, Feena watched. She didn't even notice how tired she was. Not until she went to take a step to receive her next patient and her legs gave out under her.

"I'm fine," she insisted almost immediately, pulling herself back up against the operating table before anyone could raise a fuss, "Just tripped. Clumsy me."

Coop found himself entering the outskirts of the engagement and warmed up the heavy laser cannons and fed the present enemy fighters into the targeting computer.
"Jamie, I need you to be my ESP here man. Keep an eye on our position in their formations and keep us out of a turkey shoot. Otherwise we need to keep our cannons on their ass-ends." J4-M3 whistled a hasty reply and Coop lurched the fighter into the flight path the astromech had provided to intercept a fighter group likely getting into position for a strafing run of their ground troops. "Also, keep a tally of each kill. They'll each be one shot tonight at the bar."
J4-M3 didn't reply, but shook it's 'head' nonetheless.

It was definitely different to now be flying in a starfighter instead of the normal huge Starship she was used to. If Sophia was going to be honest she loved it and she had always missed not being out there. She had been stuck inside away from the actual battle. This time though she was in the thick of it along with everyone else. The one thing she did miss was her right hand man as she could always trust him to have her back. The guys that had her back now were just as good pilots and she knew that she would settle into all of this. It was just right now all of this was very new.

Without saying a thing she took a turn downwards towards the planet. There was no need to repeat the orders to her crew as they had heard what was said. It was going to be their next stop after taking everything out up here but plans had changed. As she continued her descent she could see that a few enemy fighters were following her which was to be expected but that was planned for. You see there were people right behind her whom would knock them out while they were too concerned with her. Once they got got closer they could deal with the enemy starships that she could now see clear in her view.

Veret Jun

V
"I was hoping you'd say something like that." Veret chuckled in response to @[member="Kara Avoyos"], darting after her as they received orders from Josiah. He slid into a piece of cover and raised his weapon, beginning to pop off show at insurgents. He had to admit, despite being absolute trash with a glowing plasma sword of death, he had to admire the way some could work with them.

He shot off four blasts, each dropping an insurgent, but when he pulled again, nothing happened, he was out. Kark. Slinging the rifle over his back Jun pulled the vibrotomahawk from his side and leaping over the remains of a wall he'd found cover behind. Sprinting past Kara he slid under a barrage of fire, coming up in front of and insurgent and burying the weapon in his throat.

As blood spattered onto him, he grabbed the man's shoulder and flipped him around. Sheathing the tomahawk he grabbed a handful of the fabric of the man's shirt, he began using the man as a meat shield as he wretched his pistol from his side and once again began popping off shots at those who opposed the two Templars.

Coop was very glad one of his childhood hobbies was playing holo-sims. Instincts started kicking in as the dog fight games leapt into memory and he began firing on enemy ships. He managed to force 2 into emergency landings, but the third he fired on took severe damage to the engines and began plummeting downward. He saw the pilot catch fire and flail in the cabin before the ship shrinked from sight and impacted the remorseless ground below.

"Jamie, do me a favor. That one counts for 5. I'll need some help getting home from the bar tonight." Coop said flatly.

'Maybe I need a new way of handling this.' Coop thought to himself. 'Maybe commit to doing one non-combat mission for every guy I have to blow up.' Coop was cut off as a laser bolt sizzled across his right side, searing the durasteel as it kissed past the ship.

"At least they missed Jamie. Take the ion cannons offline and redirect the power to shields. I want to try something stupid." Coop shouted as he punched commands into the complex maneuver console and slammed his palm into the execute button.

Taking advantage of it's shields and maneuvering thrusters, the starship flipped 180 degrees and began flying, albeit at decreasing velocity, backwards. The shields were doing a lot to reduce drag, and the chemical maneuvering thrusters were more than making up the difference. Coop confirmed targeting on the fighter tailing him; this time there wasn't much remorse in his eyes. "You shot first." He growled as the viewport bloomed with light and the tailing fighter turned to scrap.

The Eternal Queen
"I am alright. I promise. Now get my next patient in here. I don't have time to waste on your silly theories about my health."

Feena was getting agitated. That much was clear. She had gone from sugar sweet to spicy in only two patient treatments. With each sick old man, or injured child, or whatever else this clinic had to throw at her, Feena started to feel quite strange. She hated to use the word 'tired', because to even speak of such a weakness was to admit to it. But Feena was starting to loose feeling in her legs, her hands shook when she wasn't paying attention, and every once in a while, she would 'trip' and have to pull herself back up.

"And bring me a cup of caf too," she grumbled, hating to have to rely on even that now.

When her next patient was wheeled in, the healer was sipping at a stale, barely warm cup of caf. Even in her condition, she didn't give herself a seconds rest.

"Ah. Miss.... Po... err... Po- sho....something," She stumbled, trying to figure out the pronunciation of a very foreign name on the patients data sheet, before finally giving up, "My apologies. What seems to be your trouble? Broken foot? That's what your charts say."

"Po'shoshi," the female corrected, "And yes. broken foot. Left one."

"Right! Let's just fix that..."

Just concentrating on one thing was difficult now. She quickly drained her caf, hoping for a quick buzz to get her through the next round of healing. A quick X-ray of the foot told her all she needed to know, and it wasn't what she wanted to see. It was past the point where natural healing would have helped her. The bones had started to re-grow in the wrong places. Feena wanted to cry. This was going to hurt. Not just the patient. Feena was already at the end of her rope. She was struggling just to stay on her feet.

Shut up, Feena. You complain too much. Who are you? Are you a healer, or aren't you? You can sleep when you are dead.

Feena put on a smile, one that could have been genuine, if not for the very slight twitch in her eye.

"Don't you worry about a thing. This is an easy fix."

Confidence was a good thing, but it was also something that could possibly get one killed.

Maybe it was due to the fact that their immense success thus far had placed a large sum of attention upon their unit. Maybe it was simply because, in the face of a losing battle, desperation settled in. Whatever the cause, the unit which awaited the Grand Marshal and his forces were much more aggressive in their defense of the anti-aircraft walker...which had been repurposed over the course of the battle to act as an anti-personnel walker. To take something meant to blow ships out of the sky and willingly have it pointing at enemy foes, while one's own forces were in close proximity, was the definition of stupidity.

But it worked, to say the least.

Before the Grand Marshal could order his men to duck, the Walker began to rain down devastation upon them of the likes they had yet to encounter on the ground. In an instant, a chunk of the Black Watch was gone, and the rest were desperately fighting back. The paltry sum of rogues surrounding the Walker were easy enough to make short work of, but that Walker devoting its full attention on their midst was another story altogether. "Fall back! Find cover!" barked the Grand Marshal, backing away whilst his compatriots laid down suppressing fire upon the enemy.

Yet before he could dive behind a colum, or any other form of protection, the Walker fired again. The aim was off, thankfully, lest the clone would have been blown to pieces; yet the sheer explosion of heat and concussive forces were enough to pluck the man off his feet and send him hurtling back several yards. His body slid to a halt, pops and cracks sounding throughout. There was a moment of shock; of disbelief, yet there was no denying it. Genesis was down. Alive, but down. There was a cry of anger which rose forth from the Black Watch, anguish to see their commander fallen. A number of them moved to retrieve their leader and pull him out of harm's way, while the rest valiantly continued to fight against the enemy.

This particular location was more than they could handle at the moment. They needed help, and quick; so across the open channel a single message was yelled from frantic lips.

"The Grand Marshal is DOWN! I repeat, the Grand Marshal is DOWN! We need a medevac! We need backup! NOW!"

@[member="Feena Mason"], @[member="Vorhi Alestrani"], @[member="Daxton Bane"], @[member="Sonja Mercier"], @[member="Veret Jun"], @[member="Kara Avoyos"], @Lucious Montross, @Nocturno, @[member="Coop"], @[member="Sophia Walsh"], @Wiklea Va'nar, @[member="Praxis"].

When the transmission rang in the Templar's ear, he could hardly believe the words that he was hearing. The Grand Marshal was wounded, and by the sound of it, it wasn't looking good. There was a slight disbelief which washed over the Knight as he heard the transmission, but he shook himself free in order to focus at the task at hand. From where he was located, there was very little he could do to assist in this matter; despite his wishing to all heaven that he could. As such, utilizing his frustration as a source of strength, Josiah rushed forward into the enemy rogues, his blade coming down as a blur to put to an end any that stood in his way.

@Lucious Montross, @[member="Kara Avoyos"], @[member="Veret Jun"], @[member="Daxton Bane"].

The Eternal Queen
"T-there!" Feena declared, stumbling back from her patient, "All done! See? N-no big deal at all! Try to stand now."

The patient with the strange name that Feena still could not pronounce, gingerly put her foot on the ground, slowly followed by the other.

"It doesn't hurt anymore!" she declared excitedly, rising to her feet and walking around.

"I don't promise if I can't pull it off."

When her patient happily walked out, leaving the wheelchair behind, Feena ordered everyone out of the room. She needed to sit. Just for a moment. Her head was spinning, her hand were shaking. Just as she sat down on the operating table, wiping her forehead with shaking hands, her comm beeped a warning. Incoming patient. Emergency.

This was the Grand Marshal she was expecting. He had been injured, and from the sounds of it, severely.

"Nurse! Caf! I need a fresh cup immediately!" she snapped, jumping up once again, stumbling, then catching herself on the side of the operating table, "Prep the ER! I have lives to save!"

Rayn H'voc

R
The 119th Recon had kept up the support fire fairly well. Little casualties were taken but it contributed to the will of the others. Sonja had trained them all well. Suddenly, a transmission had came in to Sonja. Her face lit up in disbelief to what she as hearing. The Grand Marshal was downed. "Thought the big guy could take a few shots. Guess not. Alright 119, we're moving out. The Grand Marshal needs our assistance! Double time!" Sonja led her team to the coordinates of the Grand Marshal's last known location. The constant gunfire going back and forth was like a blizzard of lasers and bullets whizzing through the air. Once at the location, Sonja and her squad began a ruthless barrage of sniper fire upon the enemies below. Their heads became history due to the precise strikes of the 119.

Finally, assistance had arrived in the form of the 119th; and boy, were the Black Watch personnel glad to see them. In the blink of an eye, their enemies began to drop like flies; meeting swift ends at the hands of the skillful snipers. However, they could not yet move the Grand Marshal from cover; for there was an obstacle barring their path...one that had put the clone down for the count to begin with: the anti-aircraft walker. Upon recognizing that its comrades had been put down from an another location, the pilot of the walker turned the mechical beast in the direction of the sniper bolts and began to unleash a hail of heavy bolts upon their position.

@[member="Sonja Mercier"].

Still fueled by sheer frustration, the Knight rampaged across the left flank of the enemy forces. They were scattered, confused, and some even attempting to retreat in order to regroup with the frontal force. It didn't matter to the Templar, for he was going to do absolutely what it took to put an end to these rogues; and to vent the anger of the fact that he was powerless to help the Grand Marshal in his time of need. It was something that caused his blood to boil, something that made him want to fill the air with vulgarities; but instead, he focused upon slicing his silver blade through alien after alien, moving ever forward as swiftly as his body would move.

Rayn H'voc

R
The snipers cheered at the fall of their targets but it was soon ended by the walker turning their way. "Damn. Everyone down! Down!" The 119 ducked behind a makeshift barricade once the walker had made them. It's fire nearly decimated them. If it had not been for Sonja's quick thinking, they would all be a hundred pieces by now. The 119 were not unscathed, however. They suffered a few burns and bruises due to the incredibly hot lasers being fired from the walker. "Jackson, get a few grenades on that blasted thing!" Sonja yelled to one of her squad mates. As the walker continued it's fire on the 119's position, Sgt Jackson moved into a flanking spot to begin targeting the walker with his few grenades. He grabbed a grenade from his waist but before he could throw it, his head was taken off by a Combine sniper.

Sonja watched in horror as one of her squad mates died in front of her own eyes. "Damn it, Jackson. I told you to keep your blasted head down in firefights. Jackson is down, 119. Hold this position while I deal with the walker." Sonja said before rolling and crawling to the position Jackson's body was. "You did good, Jackson. Die well." Sonja layed her hand on his chest and recited a few words before taking the grenades from his belt. If she did not act soon, the walker wold surely breach through the barricade and slaughter her team. Sonja quickly armed all of the grenades and threw them at the base of the walker. "Take that you robotic nerf herder! Haha!" Sonja yelled out as the grenades flew. She then took cover once more to shield herself from the blast.

@[member="Genesis Rostu"]

A life was lost in order to bring down the hulking, mechanical Walker; and surely that life was not sacrificed in vain. The grenades thrown by the Captain of the 119th did exactly as anticipated: the exploded with a violent fury that shattered the foundations of the metal legs holding it upright, and the entire Walker buckled to the floor. A second explosion, sparked by the sudden collision of earth and electronics, then consumed the Walker and a large number of the rogue Combine personnel. That battle was not over in that area, not by any stretch; but at least now the Black Watch could properly evacuate their commanding officer.

"Captain!" called one of the black-clad warriors as he rushed back to the Grand Marshal's position, "Cover us! There are reinforcements incoming and we need to get the Grand Marshal out of here!"

His words were true, for as he rushed in the opposite direction, a host of rogue personnel came rushing from behind the wreckage of the Walker. There were not a phenomenal number of them, but enough that the remaining Black Watch would need help in keeping them from overrunning that position; help that the 119th could easily provide. With the task of support delegated to them, the Black Watch focused on getting their commanding officer out. A single dropship was called down, and immediately the clone was loaded up and carted away; flanked by his men.

A single transmission rang out from the vessel, to the Archon of the Templar Order.

"Archon Mason! We have the Grand Marshal, PLEASE tell me you're ready to assist. Over!"

@[member="Feena Mason"], @[member="Sonja Mercier"].

One down.
Two down.

Josiah continued to guide his lightsaber in deadly arc after deadly arc, rending through the paltry armor of those who came against him. It was...a random thought which wormed its way into his mind; a realization of the strength of his weapon. So strong was it that he could mow through the enemies that dared stand before him, so mighty was it that it wielded his rage effectively to sing a song of decimation to those who had harmed his commanding officer. The Knight dwelled on these thoughts, using them to continually fuel the inferno of his frustrations; and thereby prolong his rampage across the rogues' line.

The Eternal Queen
They were lucky that Feena had already treated the most dire of her patients. The ones that simply could not wait. Because, yes, while Feena was a templar, she would have rescued those that were already waiting on her first. Rank meant nothing to her. Nobody had the right to live more than anyone else. Not even her commanding officer. Yes. It was lucky that he was the most gravelyinjured at this time.... depending on your definition of 'lucky', of course.

"Archon Mason! We have the Grand Marshal, PLEASE tell me you're ready to assist. Over!"

"It's not magic, you know!" Feena snapped back, stumbling through the ER, washing up and putting on fresh gloves, "I can't just wish the ER into readiness!"

She hastily set up her operating tools and called out:
"Alright! Ready now!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom