Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How cliché is the character above you

5/10​
The character initial uniqueness comes from the race, as far as the character card is concerned the uniqueness is only that of the race, while a good start out it doesn't really have anything to make it stand out besides itself being Filar-Nitzan. While the avatar doesn't bode well with myself, and the inspiration drawn it's average. Not terribly unique or cliche.​
Bio is listed under @mention.​

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here
4/10
Very interesting character, one that I like; tragic background is fairly common (just look at me) but being turned 95% cyborg is not.
Nice job.

9/10
Most of the attributes, and even the biography, is just an echo of other characters I've read. The character doesn't seem entirely fleshed out, and is two-dimensional. The character is meekly elaborated on with a cliche storyline and a ridiculous strength that essentially allows it to defeat anyone so long as they don't utilize an EMP blast. Dislikes/Likes are familiar to many characters, as well as having the weakness of being too caring. This is without mention of Megaman.

This is just blunt criticism (As per the thread), and while I've primarily focused on the negatives, I am sure I could find things to be praised in your role-playing.

[member="Lysle of the Hydian Way"]
To start off with, you get bonus points just for style and aesthetics really. I pretty much loved everything I've saw of the Ravens, their companies, early inception threads, and from you as far as those two things go. The color scheme works miracles, I tell ya'. Now onto the character's history itself, the early bits seem standard enough to my eyes, nothing that stands out that much when all things are considered really. The only complaint I could possibly have regarding it is so easily finding the commands for auto-pilot and to close the shuttle doors when he had to spam every button just to find the ignition, but I can completely forgive that both for the sake of flow and the fact you played his first experience behind the wheel like something I'd expect to see in a cartoon / comedy, which got a few chuckles out of me.

The middle part is rather perfect in my eyes, as far as content and quality goes. More than enough to fill in the blanks of what happened during those fifteen years while also leaving a lot of open space for mystery / back story to be explained through threads / threads happening during the past while also not being overbearing or wordy.

The finale I like simply because you didn't seem to hold back any punches in regards to taking back the Raven's and went all out on his disgust of Chiasa. The biggest, and quite possibly single complaint I have in regards to the profile itself is that Lydian came back from the dead after being shot in the chest with a blaster, despite the weakness provided for him stating that a blaster to the chest will pretty much spell the death of him. Now if that was added post-death as a form of tongue-in-cheek humor, then it has my approval.

Can't say much for your threads themselves since it's been a while since I read the old ones and have yet to dabble in the new ones, so my opinion might be skewed enough to not warrant being said on this subject. Over all though, just because I bloody adore your style, 3/10

Rip me a new one, I thrive on criticism

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom