Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can we improve the Codex?

As the Codex has always been the younger offshoot brother of the Factory, I've always wondered on how to expand it. Certainly it can be expanded - like we tried with the Lore section a while back. So I've added "Improve the Codex" to Staff's list of things to do for the coming months and would like to hear back from the community on what your ideas are.

Brass tacks - how do we make the Codex more exciting?

Small-e events that could affect regions.

"Supernova affects sector X. Hyperspace travel may be trickier and new planets may be easier to find."

"The balance of the Force shifts across this hex because of X."

"Due to the fall of X, refugees flood this hex, bringing A, B, and C."

"Due to the creation of X, business is booming at this hyperlane intersection."

I feel like it could give regions more character and give more depth to the consequences of invasions, company tier-up, planet subs, all sorts of things.

Annual mini events. For example, there was the overall one a bit back, the make a codex sub and win blank. But then there has also been others like that on a smaller level, like I believe it is made by [member="Valiens Nantaris"]: the starship challenge.

Basically give incentive. I know most of you guys are all going to say, but shinnies shouldn't be the goals. I get that. But if you be honest with yourself, those challenges that had those OP rewards? Mostly good turnouts. Site Events? Everyone always shoots to get the shinnies. People like being rewarded. Plain and simple. No one wants to write several thousand words just for the end result to get nothing. Or even just a few hundred.

Also, I agree again with the Lore brought back. Genuinely a good idea, that. Maybe do like the Tech section, and have a large number of staff managing it. Plus volunteers may go in and help if they wish etc etc.

Rick Kaloo

R
Jorus Merrill said:
Small-e events that could affect regions.

"Supernova affects sector X. Hyperspace travel may be trickier and new planets may be easier to find."

"The balance of the Force shifts across this hex because of X."

"Due to the fall of X, refugees flood this hex, bringing A, B, and C."

"Due to the creation of X, business is booming at this hyperlane intersection."

I feel like it could give regions more character and give more depth to the consequences of invasions, company tier-up, planet subs, all sorts of things.
I agree, especially with my small company about to tier up. I feel that changes like these would be useful. These events would be useful for adding a deeper history to areas, and being able to build on it now.

Sobaan Palle

S
Jon's suggestion is pretty darn good. I would also like to see the return of the lore section. A place to record updates to Force powers or development of new ones might be nice. I suppose that could also be part of the Lore section.

Poe

тнє ναмριяє ℓσя∂
Didn't know it needed improvement? Between the CJs working with me and their prompt ability to answer my newb questions. I say leave it as is.

For the record, I've evolved from newb to annoying submitter.

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

+1

I've brought this up once about consequences and actually having tangible impact with our actions.

Also, I believe I was informed that a comprehensive list with all chaos made locations and their respective planets was to be made. That too woud be dope.

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Yeah, I'm pretty much reiterating what others have said. A lore section would be cool, especially as it would allow for people to expand on the cultures of custom species and planets, beyond what is in their subs.

Make the galaxy feel more intertwined as [member="Jorus Merrill"] and everyone else seems to be saying. If certain planets get conquered by a faction and the people have a disposition against the new faction, as stated in the sub of course, there should be a ripple effect of some sort. Lots of things can be done, but my fear would be overcomplicating it.

Ishana Pavanos

I
[member="Vitor Avendahl"]

And a huge undertaking it would be, the amount of work, but what Jon's said is pretty good too but if I may add. If you are making a comprehensive list of planets, locations, perhaps it could read a bit like its own database entry. Example if anything significant happened here that could be a highlighted entry to the city or planet in question. I'd almost say you'd need a new team of volunteers who'd be willing to undertake this task so that we're not leaving a huge lump of work on just the CJs.

Make a place to sub books and holocrons specifically? Places that chronograph historic events, personal notes, journals, teachings, how-to guides, exc...

We have planets, locations, species, and NPCs so far...
What about organizations? Like... NPC Major Factions? Stuff like the Hutt Cartel and the Zhan Consortium and such... Nobody is controlling those groups, but people may want to sub a similar-sized group to operate within an area of space, so that they can structure some roleplays around interacting with those groups... But then again... That might just be covered under NPCs...

Wars, Battles, Conflicts and Events (Major or Minor).
- Results, Participants and other notable events.

Government, Organization
- Defunct, Major, Minor, etc.
- Their roles in the Galaxy

Major Events, Minor Events
- These events listed with their consequences to specific regions.

Most of these could be listed in some form of sub-category under Lore and allow people to have a better understanding of what has occurred on Chaos. This will also allow people to submit everything from a simple Duel between two characters to Major Defunct government subs like the Galactic Republic (which could be modified by other users?)

In short, our own version of a Wiki without getting too complicated.

I'm sure more details could be ironed out but just a general idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom