Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How are the Invasions going for you?

I have in many aspects do finally come to realize that both IC and OOC the Republic is much like that of the Old Republic...

See the last five Episodes of CW season five.

Your answers are there.

Anyways. People have done great with writing stories but the foundation for support, communications and such isn't there.
COMMUNICATION!

LEADERSHIP!

RESOURCES!

WHY A DUAL INVASION?

Is that better? Kept the central part of my original message. Put everything else right there in capital letters so it's less negative and more direct/blunt.

I've gotta agree with [member="Elizie Adasca"]. I haven't been back that long, so I may be a bit outdated on some things. Still, I got right in there, and no matter what happened, I tried to have fun in the invasion. Sure, there were some stepping stones. A few mishaps? Of course! Hell, during a good portion of the fight with Dredge, we were skyping away and talking about the fight. Which brings it all back to what [member="Relit Vandal"] said: Communication. It's the best tool for these kinds of things. It's why we have skype, or pm'ing, or whatever other tool you use for messaging. Communication is the key to success here.

[member="Alyesa Organa"]

As a leader of military on a different SW site, your words hit me harder than they should have. I tell people all the time that such a job is a thankless one. No one sees how much a leader really does to help. You wish to blame our leaders(which is one at the moment actually due to LOAs) for poor planning? Our faction did plan. There are threads to prove that and people are still communicating in them.

In truth we're actually doing well despite our 'poor' leaders and planning. OS is practically dwarfing us at the moment with the size of their army and yet Objective C is supposedly done. A and B might be up in the air but we are still doing well.

If you haven't seen the OOC thread, [member="Corvus Raaf"] and the OS leader are doing backflip to make sure all is fair for everyone participating.

Instead of sitting back and pointing a finger, why not act instead? Offer suggestions instead of criticizing those who keep this faction running?

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Uri Aureleos"]

Hear, hear. Playing the negative nancy ain't helping no one and is only cultivating a potential toxic and hostile environment.

I for one have had fun with my slow sniper duel against Varanin. Good times.

I agree with the above. I thought these were rather well planned compared to some I'd seen in the past (Aalderaan when we didn't know until a couple short hours before it started, for example). In general Kashyyyk is going well. There are some hiccups, as have already been mentioned, but the planning was certainly there.

Invasions are a thankless and imperfect game.

I, personally, spent the better part of nearly three weeks negotiating, planning, and organizing these invasions, pre-launch. If you happened to miss the nearly dozen or so OOC planning, organization, and discussion threads where at any given time you can raise concerns, ask questions, or make suggestions - all while tagging myself or Corvus, both of us whom are here and checking the boards regularly - then that is not our problem or fault.

Both I and Corvus have an open-PM-inbox policy. You can feel free to PM us at any time, and no matter who you come to we discuss it in our continual Admin PM and do quite a lot of back-and-forth over things before coming to you with answers.

A lot of people don't realize how much back-room work has been done before and during and is still going on right now, for these invasions. A lot of time and effort has gone into talking things over with members that have reached out to us with their problems or issues, in order to keep things smooth, fair, and report-free. I wish I could show you the dozens of PMs Corvus and I have between ourselves and OS Leadership to get this all done, but I won't because that's not kosher.

I personally have an open-Skype-request policy. If you ask me for it I will gladly PM it to you and I will help you out however I can. I know I'm marked as LOA, and mostly my LOA has been IC. As you may have noticed, I did not join either invasion ICly because I simply don't have the time. However I have made the greatest effort to be available and to check the forums for PM's, and for tags on any issues that may have come up.

If you have my skype and you remove me from it, this is also not my fault.

All in all, if you believe there is a communication problem, please point out specific areas and issues where the Republic Leadership has failed you.

Otherwise this all sounds like a you problem.

To hit on some concerns raised about NPC use -

I've heard and seen a few ideas offered on the forums and over skype, and I know the NPC use was a concern that was raised during negotiations for the invasions. Despite the measures put in place to try and help fix the mass confusion, it seems this is a persistent problem and both OS and Republic Leadership is eager to find a way to handle them better in the future without enforcing unruly amounts of limitations or rules in every thread.

We are open to any and all suggestions about how we can better serve the members and set up invasions where NPC use will be expected in higher numbers.

For the concerns about objectives -

We also discussed the idea of doing separate threads for each objective. It's been done once before, to my knowledge, and those who participated couldn't speak for improvement on confusion. We offered the idea to try it again in these invasions, but in the end we all agreed it simply wasn't the right choice this time round, especially since we were already doing multiple invasions. It's still a viable option, and honestly I think something to that extent could be implemented usefully if we can figure out a system to do it right.

Either way, when you have two factions with massive memberbases each, these sorts of threads are going to become real big, real fast, and real crazy no matter what you do.

Ideas and suggestions for it nevertheless are welcome and wanted.

As an aside for a future PvP oriented thread, I am a big fan of these sorts of threads and I would certainly like to do this again.

Khaleel Malvern said:
[member="Uri Aureleos"]

Hear, hear. Playing the negative nancy ain't helping no one and is only cultivating a potential toxic and hostile environment.

I for one have had fun with my slow sniper duel against Varanin. Good times.
Andrew - I could really care a less about your opinion, the same as you care about mine. Stay in your circles and I'll stay in mine.

As I stated before - had zero to do with stories or anything against those written. So - hear, hear to baiting! :)

[member="Uri Aureleos"]

We have a difference of opinion.

I think people should be replaced, I don't believe there is solid communication and I believe there are several failures. There is really no point in keeping up a huge, pointless discussion about it. I made the choice to resign - I got a nasty boot in the face so to speak, going to fix that right now.

Still paying for it to this day.

[member="Alyesa Organa"]

We will call that difference of opinion then. From what I have seen and heard from others there is a substantial bridge as far as numbers. Also LOAs happen. leaders shouldn't have to step down for them.

'...don't act as if I'm ignorant.' I wasn't but ok. Like I said in a previous posts our head should be clear and on straight. Stop acting ignorant? You realize Avalore posted here that they are open to PMs. If you approached them in the way you decide to post here, then that might be why you got the 'nasty' boot. Calling them out in open thread you knew you would get back lash. In fact you might have just succeed in making people cling closer to the leaders.You don't have a problem with Kiskla, then why not message her privately instead of causing a stir in the forums?

Uri Aureleos said:
[member="Alyesa Organa"]

We will call that difference of opinion then. From what I have seen and heard from others there is a substantial bridge as far as numbers. Also LOAs happen. leaders shouldn't have to step down for them.

'...don't act as if I'm ignorant.' I wasn't but ok. Like I said in a previous posts our head should be clear and on straight. Stop acting ignorant? You realize Avalore posted here that they are open to PMs. If you approached them in the way you decide to post here, then that might be why you got the 'nasty' boot. Calling them out in open thread you knew you would get back lash. In fact you might have just succeed in making people cling closer to the leaders.You don't have a problem with Kiskla, then why not message her privately instead of causing a stir in the forums?
The nasty boot was really my own choice of words, probably poor choice as I'm sure someone will use them against me.

Already did, she's recovering from an accident.

Yeah - I'm done.

To answer the question of Why Two Invasions?

Because that is what people wanted, it is what Kiskla wanted, and so it was done.

Unfortunately, the people who initially called for the Prakith invasion left when time came to move on it and responsibilities were doled out. I took over the negotiations and proceeded forward with it. Prakith was designed to be a logical IC failsafe incase we failed to defend Kashyyyk.

All Admins involved agreed that no one wanted to run an Invasion during the Netherworld Event, so if we were going to do a counter-invasion it had to be done at the same time.

Avalore Eden said:
To answer the question of Why Two Invasions?

Because that is what people wanted, it is what Kiskla wanted, and so it was done.

Unfortunately, the people who initially called for the Prakith invasion left when time came to move on it and responsibilities were doled out. I took over the negotiations and proceeded forward with it. Prakith was designed to be a logical IC failsafe incase we failed to defend Kashyyyk.

All Admins involved agreed that no one wanted to run an Invasion during the Netherworld Event, so if we were going to do a counter-invasion it had to be done at the same time.
Thanks!

Good to hear we don't have to worry about an Invasion during an event!

Naturally these decisions are based on conjecture of what's actually going to go down during the event. Since no one actually knows but Tef, I think we're all hoping to focus more on the story provided by the event and less on warmongering. I think all parties involved are going to want and need a break from invasions for a little while anyway.

Also, NPC armies should be allotted just like naval fleets. That's the balance you need. If you have 10 Jedi Masters and 10 commanding officers, and the faction is allotted 10,000 troops... each PC character will have 500 NPC troops at their disposal. They lead these troops, and then when their platoons clash with an enemy PC's platoon, that is when NPC forces are coordinated and the PC players can RP either a duel or infantry maneuvers, depending on the engaging players' preferences.

This way, there are limits, more balance between RP and warfare, and less confusion overall.
I like the direction of this idea and I think it holds a lot of merit and potential. [member="Geneviève Lasedri"]

I am sorry to say this invasion was a terrible experience for me. I really think we need to have a much stronger central leadership somehow in these things. I felt confused and unsure where or who to turn to in this invasion. We seemed to be vastly out numbered and out gunned and out classed on all levels. I might ask if maybe we ought to consider possibly getting people groomed to take up leadership positions on the battlefield.

Agreed. A more solid IC leadership and coordination aspect will definitely be beneficial on all parts. I do believe with our new Head of Military [member="Vaudin Miir"] we can look to get this established.

I'm hoping to establish a team of players to rp with each other in these invasions for mostly newer players though I wouldn't be opposed to some older vets joining us. I think it'd help if everybody knows that if your lost you can go to this special group to have somebody to rp with.

Vaudin Miir

Planetary President of Iktotch
[member="Avalore Eden"]
[member="Catherine Soja"]

This what I am working on so far. Still figuring out some details.

Legion structure
Legion—9,813 units: 4 regiments each (9,812 units: 8,192 troopers and 1,620 officers) led by a Legion general

4 Regiments: 2,453 units: 4 battalions each (2,452 units: 2,048 troopers and 404 officers) led by a lieutenant colonel Or higher.

16 Battalions—613 units: 4 companies each (612 units: 512 troopers and 100 officers) led by a major or higher.

64 Companies—153 units: 4 platoons (152 units: 128 troopers and 24 officers) led by a captain or higher.

256 Platoons—38 units: 4 squads (36 units: 32 troopers and 4 officers) led by a lieutenant and a sergeant major or higher.

1,024 Squads—9 units: 8 troopers, including a corporal, led by a sergeant or higher.

Regiment structure
Assault Regiment:

2 Mechanized Battalions (512 troops, 121 assault craft, 40 speeder bikes each)

1 Armor Battalion (500, 30 tanks, 20 heavy walkers, 55 light walkers/tanks/assault speeders)

1 Infantry(Line) Battalion (512 troops, 100 officers) 4 companies: Aurek(infantry), Besh(infantry), Cresh(heavy weapons), Dorn (Reconnaissance)

2nd Regiment:

2 Infantry (Line) Battalions: (512 troops, 100 officers) 4 companies: Aurek(infantry), Besh(infantry), Cresh(heavy weapons), Dorn (Reconnaissance)

1 Special Missions Battalion: (512 troops, 100 combat officers, Equipment varies as needed)

1 Mechanized Battalion: (512 troops, 121 assault craft, 40 speeder bikes each)

3rd Regiment:

1 Armor Battalion: (500, 30 tanks, 20 heavy walkers, 55 light walkers/tanks/assault speeders)

1 Artillery Battalion: (96 light artillery pieces, 48 heavy artillery pieces, transport craft, 1 Heavy weapons company (128 troopers, 24 officers))

2 Infantry (Line) Battalions: (512 troops, 100 officers) 4 companies: Aurek(infantry), Besh(infantry), Cresh(heavy weapons), Dorn (Reconnaissance)

4th Regiment :

1 Artillery Battalion: (96 light artillery pieces, 48 heavy artillery pieces, transport craft, 1 Heavy weapons company (128 troopers, 24 officers))

1 Mechanized Battalion: (512 troops, 80 assault craft, 41 light walkers, 40 speeder bikes each)

2 Fighter wings: 10 flights of 4 fighters each (3 flights of bombers(12), 6 flights of fighters (24), 1 flight of recon/spotter craft (4), personnel 40 pilots, 25 sensor techs, 25 controllers, and 60 ground crew, 150 total), 2 Infantry (line) companies each.

[member="Alyesa Organa"] [member="Uri Aureleos"] [member="Relit Vandal"] [member="T-Eya Carn"] [member="Khaleel Malvern"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom