Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Houses of the Awoken

Alright so, for those of you who are actually here in the faction i have a question for you. What do you guys all think about the idea of The Awoken having separate houses for certain aspects of magic? For example, there is the dark side, and the light side. Obviously most characters are going to be drawn to one or the other cause thats just the nature of star wars. But then there are those like Winter who would practice both. Learning ALL aspects of magic from all alignments of the force. I was thinking we could have houses (Similar to Game of Thrones) that each practice their own parts of the force based on their alignment. Cause while The Awoken do not believe in it the segregation, they do acknowledge its existence and thus would probably compromise.

So we have 3 houses. Each with their own set of colors.

Light Side Example: One/Two
Dark Side Example: One/Two/Three
Neutral Example - One/Two/

[member="Jack Raxis"]
[member="Kaeda Vevut"]
[member="Ultimatum"]
[member="Vithar Seth"]
[member="Zenva Vrotoa"]

What do you all think?

I'm liking the idea and the color combos.

Should there be a compact for members of the Awoken that there will be no direct violence on each other? I'm thinking similar to the Orders of Magic from Dragonlance. There were three orders, Good, Evil, and Neutral, but they all worked towards the advancement of Magic and Knowledge, and so were not allowed to fight each other except under dire circumstances.

Maybe houses separating the characters would not be that good as while characters could come to specialize in magic the thought of segregation due to a side of the force doesn't really work out as there really isn't that many examples of light side magic in star wars. Closest thing you have to it is White Current which is based around illusions. Instead maybe make it open to everyone to come and learn as they please. Similar to the college of Winterhold from Skyrim. They come to learn and The Awoken provide the materials and teachings necessary for such a thing.

If there are houses involved I'd say separate them based off the specialties such as one being based around Sith Sorcery, Nightsister/Dathomirian magic, Shaping, ect.

Kaeda Vevut said:
I'm liking the idea and the color combos.

Should there be a compact for members of the Awoken that there will be no direct violence on each other? I'm thinking similar to the Orders of Magic from Dragonlance. There were three orders, Good, Evil, and Neutral, but they all worked towards the advancement of Magic and Knowledge, and so were not allowed to fight each other except under dire circumstances.
Color combos. #FashionPolice

And yes, that is actually something i wanted to talk about next. I was thinking of having The Awoken create tenets...a creed if you will. Once someone is accepted into the walls of the Awoken, they become bound by the progression of magic and not the desires of whatever faction they hail from. And also, i know that many will remain loyal to their own factions. A jedi & Sith might be in The Awoken. But their factions go to war or something. And each one has to go and serve their faction.

However...they are NOT permitted to harm a member of The Awoken within the ranks of the opposite faction. They are not allowed to engage their brothers and sisters but they 'can' engage those not affiliated with us.

And when they come back for their teachings, no grudges shall be held. All petty feelings shall be put aside.

Thats the idea anyway. Not sure if anyone would like that.

Vithar Seth said:
Maybe houses separating the characters would not be that good as while characters could come to specialize in magic the thought of segregation due to a side of the force doesn't really work out as there really isn't that many examples of light side magic in star wars. Closest thing you have to it is White Current which is based around illusions. Instead maybe make it open to everyone to come and learn as they please. Similar to the college of Winterhold from Skyrim. They come to learn and The Awoken provide the materials and teachings necessary for such a thing.

If there are houses involved I'd say separate them based off the specialties such as one being based around Sith Sorcery, Nightsister/Dathomirian magic, Shaping, ect.
Also a good point. I just know ppl like their 'alignments' and thus would probably be like 'Light Siders? ew...' Besides, it could create some interesting events. Like a 'Hunger Games' type event where all three houses compete in the games. The house that completes all their task first and wins the most will get all kinds of goodies including vouchers for rank ups. Then we could have a spotlight for the top three performers from each house. Expressing how each one used their own form of magic in creative ways and thus making ppl go like 'Oh i wanna learn that.'

And yea, Light Side magic is almost unheard of. Which is another reason this faction was made. The 'Creation' of new spells. We would need some Jedi or light siders to help with development threads though.

Winter Sovereign said:
Also a good point. I just know ppl like their 'alignments' and thus would probably be like 'Light Siders? ew...' Besides, it could create some interesting events. Like a 'Hunger Games' type event where all three houses compete in the games. The house that completes all their task first and wins the most will get all kinds of goodies including vouchers for rank ups. Then we could have a spotlight for the top three performers from each house. Expressing how each one used their own form of magic in creative ways and thus making ppl go like 'Oh i wanna learn that.'

And yea, Light Side magic is almost unheard of. Which is another reason this faction was made. The 'Creation' of new spells. We would need some Jedi or light siders to help with development threads though.
I don't think rank ups work that way. I think you have to earn them through rping a decent amount and such then being promoted. However if you mean like a ranking system inside the faction that sounds great. Though maybe the tasks would be more battle centric and the like maybe like a tournament of sorts where members of all three houses compete in a tournament to show off their skills and such.

Well I mean you don't have to have a Dev thread for creating powers as there isn't a place to submit them on this site. You'd just simply have to train your character in them. Though magic in Star Wars is very different as for the most part everything that is a actual spell in Star Wars correlates to a force power about 99 percent of the time. Like one could say they created a Fire spell name it and everything but they'd basically be practicing Pyrokinesis but calling it something different. Even then no matter what house someone is in each character would still be unique to themselves practicing their own "magic" and such. No two users would be the exact same so separating them by side alignment doesn't really do to much. Maybe if the houses were divided by name alone and others joined it for that reason it would make for a better atmosphere of the darksiders communicating with the light.

Vithar Seth said:
I don't think rank ups work that way. I think you have to earn them through rping a decent amount and such then being promoted. However if you mean like a ranking system inside the faction that sounds great. Though maybe the tasks would be more battle centric and the like maybe like a tournament of sorts where members of all three houses compete in a tournament to show off their skills and such.

Well I mean you don't have to have a Dev thread for creating powers as there isn't a place to submit them on this site. You'd just simply have to train your character in them. Though magic in Star Wars is very different as for the most part everything that is a actual spell in Star Wars correlates to a force power about 99 percent of the time. Like one could say they created a Fire spell name it and everything but they'd basically be practicing Pyrokinesis but calling it something different. Even then no matter what house someone is in each character would still be unique to themselves practicing their own "magic" and such. No two users would be the exact same so separating them by side alignment doesn't really do to much. Maybe if the houses were divided by name alone and others joined it for that reason it would make for a better atmosphere of the darksiders communicating with the light.
I'm glad i have you here cause i honestly don't consider the small stuff like that cause i like to see the 'big picture'. Lets let some members enter this little debate, lets see what they have to say. I'd like to see what the members want instead of just saying 'Hey do this cause i'm the boss.'

Særa Ayña Savan said:
Can we haz a college? Like in Skyrim? :3
I could hold some of the courses there.
And sure Saera. Feel free to PM me or something about the details. The Awoken is pretty much a big college. We are in the process of creating a massive starship that will serve as the 'Home' of the Awoken. Being rather nomadic for a while until they take back Winters home system. [member="Særa Ayña Savan"]

As a droid who will more than likely just be supporting the group with tech and ships, etc. I believe that I should stay out of the breaking down of the faction into various parts.

This is a good idea in my mind. I think it will do well.

[member="Ultimatum"] [member="Winter Sovereign"] [member="Særa Ayña Savan"] [member="Vithar Seth"]

Lightside Magic is very much alive. Two prominent examples would be the Jal'Shey and the Book of law, written by Allya for the lightside witches before the Book of shadows and the Nightsisters emerged.

There is a guide called the force Traditions cheat sheet in the guides section of the Writer Workshop. That's worth a serious look.

Also as far as new powers? They cant really be submitted but you could add a forum for the Codex of Spells, which details what they are and what they do. Combining multiple force powers into one would be good, but require massive concentration.

Choose Wisely....

[member="Jack Raxis"]

The Jal'Shay aren't really lightside magic as far as I remember reading. They were much more just peaceful scholars that spent more of their time negotiating and such. The Book of Law is already on the list of things to acquire as well, but is just abuot the exact same as Nightsister magic which is just giving different names to force powers that already exist and such. The closest you'd probably would get to actual lightside magic is the Ysanna wizards.

[member="Vithar Seth"]

The Jal'Shey crafted magical Items using force imbue.

Most of their art is largely lost. [member="Vassara Raxis"] and [member="Rave Merrill"] were skilled practitioners however.

[member="Jack Raxis"] Yea I don't really consider that magic as it is basically covered in alchemy. The old Je'daii order did similar things. I meant along the lines of how Nightsisters have their spells and such. Imbuing something with the force would probably be a similar process to how Sith did alchemy, though as we see Sith usually take their alchemy to whole other levels.

[member="Winter Sovereign"] [member="Vithar Seth"]

Vithar is correct. It is more based on crafting than spellcasting,and LS oriented. However if they wanted to put their skills towards crafting....

[member="Jack Raxis"] [member="Vithar Seth"] [member="Winter Sovereign"]

We can also create and develop an NPC master who can teach us some of the things we want to develop. It'd likely be a lot of work to make a powerful NPC, but I'd say make him/her/xim a non-combatant, only a teacher of our mysteries.

Maybe something like an ancient Neti shaman that we find on Endor or Kashyyk or something.

[member="Kaeda Vevut"]

While an NPC Master would be good we'd have to do a hella large development thread for one capable of teaching us a large amount. Though me personally I will be going the self developed route where Vithar will acquire his abilities more on his own as he can't speak so his use of magic will be vastly different.

Kaeda Vevut said:
[member="Jack Raxis"] [member="Vithar Seth"] [member="Winter Sovereign"]

We can also create and develop an NPC master who can teach us some of the things we want to develop. It'd likely be a lot of work to make a powerful NPC, but I'd say make him/her/xim a non-combatant, only a teacher of our mysteries.

Maybe something like an ancient Neti shaman that we find on Endor or Kashyyk or something.

Hmmm...i think that'll be a good idea. But are we allowed? I'd rather not upset admins and such cause i would like to keep this faction afloat longer than a week lol. But if we can, i think i have the perfect thing. I've been meaning to find a use for this Playby, and i think a skilled teacher would be just the thing >D

u9QR8IOl.jpg

[member="Vithar Seth"]

To be fair, getting an idea such as the Awoken off the ground will require a shit-ton of development.

Personally, I don't see development as a punishment for having new ideas, but rather a chance to expand the Chaos universe and make some awesome stories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom