Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech House Io Stormtrooper Blaster Pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Intent: To create a blaster pistol.
dt4x5u-71049f87-fafb-44f3-bfae-a6461c88dff5.jpg

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Blaster Pistol
  • Size: Small
  • Weight: Light
  • Ammunition Type: Recharging Power Cell
  • Ammunition Capacity: Very Small | 7 (power cell)
  • Effective Range: Personal
  • Rate of Fire: Very Low (Semi Auto)
  • Damage Output: Very High
  • Recoil: Low
SPECIAL FEATURES

Recharging Blaster with reduced noise due to being based off tech in the Energy Bow Pistol

Particle Beam Technology renders blaster not just a potent threat to ordinary Organics but to those armed with Lightsabers
Gription Panels makes it very difficult to disarm with Telekinesis
Modular, able to accept new scopes, sights, stocks, weapon undermounts, side mounts.
Super Accuracy.
Rugged, built to last and easily restored to minimal function with minimal resources

STRENGTHS

• Mage Killer: The rifle has been designed from the ground up specifically to help the user put down Force Adepts as well as more conventional enemies. It has a Gription Panel, to help the user prevent Disarmament via Conventional or telekinetic means, and primarily uses Particle Beam Technology to give it's bolts explosive effects, making them potentially incredibly difficult for Lightsabers to deflect
  • Quiet Riot: It's noise is only a quarter that of a conventional blaster pistol, which make the one using this harder to detect from longer ranges, and their exact position harder to locate
  • Modular: Can accept scopes, new types of stock, and laser aiming modules. Anything further would require a new sub
  • Recoil: Low Recoil
  • Rugged: Very difficult to damage, and easily restored to minimal function with minimal resources (Minimal function means it's just an ordinary Blaster Pistol, with lower range and damage)
  • Yondu: Super Accurate due to miniaturized parts from a Laser Rifle barrel's internals fitted to the diameters of this weapons barrel
  • Indoors: Compact and excellent for indoor use
  • Rechargeable: The Power cell tech from the DC-15s causes it's ammo to recharge after being depleted

WEAKNESSES

• Fire Rate: Very Low Semi Auto fire only...needs a few seconds between trigger pulls due to overheating risks
  • Recharge time: Takes 14 seconds for the ammo to fully recharge. A lot can happen in that time
  • Range: only 21 meters
  • Small Ammo: It's very small ammo pool means every shot must count
  • Must deplete fully: The Pistol doesn't start recharging until the magazine is fully depleted
  • Undermount Weakness: Adding undermounts increases the weight of an otherwise balanced weapon negatively and may throw off the aim and slow one's ability to aim with it down unless an accompanying stock attachment is applied. You either have at least a stock attachment when a weapon undermount is added, or your aiming suffers. This may make the weapon of an impractical or undesirable size in an emergency
  • Coherence: Due to using more unstable particles in its bolts, while explosive in Nature and capable of easily damaging shields and tissue, loses in the Armor piercing Capability and thick enough body armor will by the enemy time

DESCRIPTION

A blaster pistol developed for the House Io Stormtrooper Corps as an official sidearm, it's useful qualities are so enduring it has found purchase in other areas of House Activity. A Particle Beam Blaster primarily, it satisfies both the needs of the Military to have an effective, deadly side arm for Conventional engagement, as well as an effective option to engage Lightsaber wielding enemies in an emergency

Last edited:
Generic, is the least I can give a word for this pistol. We need to go over this entire submission, all other ranged ones are Under Review due to how similar each one is. Just like last time when we had issues of this scale, we are doing this one at a time. I will be personally reviewing each submission.

• Modularity: No
    Modular, able to accept new scopes, sights, stocks, weapon undermounts, side mounts
The answer to the question is actually Yes. This is where the modular items actually go. Please put this in and just remove it from Special Features.

Galvaning Circuit Modified to cause odd energy fluctuations in the energy envelope of the bolts it fires, making them very difficult to halt or slow with Telekinesis.
I am going to start with Galven Circuits. You did not even link them which caused some people to go into the back to figure it out. I have used them myself in a few submissions and I had to consult others over this, never in any source that I can find, does it allow for energy to envelop to make it hard for someone telekinetically to slow down or halt from Telekinesis Kylo Ren style. I have read the Age of Rebellion Source Book which is a listed source and...spoilers, I actually taught Fantasy Flight Games of Star Wars in my region for a brief time so I got the PDF to read and consulted other websites on FFG. Galven Pattern Resequencing is more of the correct term and its namesake...and it added in laymans terms, two threat which is not a failure, but a possible out of ammo or simply blew up in your hand since all did was raise damage by one. Yes, it is in an even earlier book but I do not have it and using the more current one. Regardless, all it did was make it a bit more damaging....as for the wookiepedia article, that is below.

As for previous approvals or arguments against this, that has also been reviewed and I will once again say, prior Approvals have no weight on newer judgements when made. I have had to discuss with others in the background before making this decision on the Factory Team. This is not accepted, the Galvaning Circuit has no ability to do this against Telekinesis and even fields that slow down blaster bolts. No Exceptions, remove it.
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Galven_circuit

Paddle Beam Technology causes bolt to bend around Lightsaber blades, making them impossible to deflect
Fires highly damaging Ion bolts, making it deadly to Organic and Droid alike.

• Damage Output: High
We have discussed Paddle Beam technology before...I feel at length, well the Phantom Lasers. Once again, this technology was not linked. One of the most unusual traits is that it is made to stun, not kill unless in point blank range. Mainly due to a small section saying the weapon was made for and I quote "capture living specimens to power their battle fleet through the bizarre process of entechment." Now, I am not arguing on the fact that it is illegal, it is not.

It is however, not allowed to be used as a highly damaging Ion Bolt that damages Organic and Droid alike, cause it does not. It has no ability whatsoever to actually damage a droid. It is merely from what I am reading, an overpowered Stun Bolt, much like the Phantom Laser but more juice behind it. Yes, shooting someone in the head will kill them, but so does firing a blank round up close to someones head, the force of impact can kill someone but against a droid, you are merely annoying it and doing absolutely nothing. In Fact, it no longer actually has a damage output.

Much like the Phantom Laser, this breaks down to being Very Low in Damage Output. It becomes a good rubber chicken unless in point blank range which is beyond useful against a lightsaber wielder, but in of itself, is up to the player in terms of damage/stun. The current Damage Output of High is also unaccepted with the use of Paddle Beam technology. Before one asks on modifying it, that is also not going to be accepted as it is a configured stun weapon.

Also in case it is not known very well, Ion Weapons are mainly against Droids. Which confuses the crap out of anyone who reads it always as a Ion Paddle Beamer when it is a stun weapon, that clearly...ughhhh it is just a horrible name that a writer clearly did not think through when naming it. Ion Weapons, only damage Droids unless given a very high damage output, then it merely hurts humans like a bee sting. So saying it also damages Organics Highly is also not accepted.

As for the lightsaber not being able to deflect Paddle Beams...no, they can. Quote: "While fighting the Ssi-ruuk, Luke Skywalker discovered he could alter the frequency of his lightsaber to deflect the beams, but then the blade becomes incapable of deflecting conventional blaster bolts." It is possible so it is not impossible...that and we do not use absolute language.

To break it down nicely in non-confusing Paragraph Text:

Both cannot exist at the same time, must be either Paddle Beam or Ion
Damage Output is Very Low on Paddle Beam and cannot effect Droids
Ion only damages Droids, rarely if ever damages Organics
It is not impossible to deflect, cannot use Absolute Language and if Luke Skywalker can change the Frequency to Deflect It, So can Others.

I would pick one or the other and go with it. In its current state, it is not acceptable.
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ssi-ruuvi_ion_paddle_beamer
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ion_blaster/Legends

Pulse Cannon Technology allows bolts to travel much faster than regular blasters
Magnatomic Adhesion Grip makes it very difficult to disarm with Telekinesis
This is more of an overview caution/warning. Much like the Galven and Paddle Beam, these were not talked about, nor linked. Each one of these, has to have a link that shows and explains these technologies. This has been apparently a problem as of lately and will need to be rectified.

Now, as for the Pulse Cannon technology, yes, it does let it travel much faster. It cannot be more deadly but it can be faster, no problem. Blaster Bolts generally travel however they dang well please.

As for Magnatomic Adhension Grip...no, that is not what it is called. It is called Gription or better yet, Gription Panels. Yes, Clones did use it and they are incredibly hard to disarm but there is a catch. It may not be able to be disarmed, but you are coming with it. You are bonded to the material by a magnitude and I am sure it be comical to watch someone get dragged across the ground still holding a weapon.

My advice is from all the previous ones, get these linked up and use the proper name for the Gription. No more confusing names made up.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Pulse_cannon
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Gription
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Gription_panel

Super Accuracy.
I add this since I seen it everywhere and going to speak my mind. I personally do not care how it is "Super Accurate" but this needs to be addressed now. HOW does it make you Super Accurate?

Now onto the Strengths and Weaknesses....

• Mage Killer: The rifle has been designed from the ground up specifically to help the user put down Force Adepts as well as more conventional enemies. It has a Magnatomic Adhesion Grip, to help the user prevent Disarmament via Conventional or telekinetic means. It's Galvaning Circuit is the same as that in the Elemental Assault Carbine Type 1, meaning it causes odd energy fluctuations in the surface of the energy envelope of any bolt it fires, making them difficult to halt or slow with Telekinesis. Integrated Paddle Beam Technology causes it's bolts to bend around Lightsaber blades, making them difficult to deflect
Rewrite, like I said before, previous submissions have no weight to newer judgements. The Galven Circuits do not work here and it will have to be rewrote judged by how you pick on weapon type.

• STRENGTH: Hi-Cap: An immensely high ammo cap for a pistol at 35 shots
  • Ammunition Capacity: Small | 35 (power cell)
  • Ammunition Type: Recharging Power Cell
  • WEAKNESS: Recharge time: Takes 7 seconds for the ammo to fully recharge. A lot can happen in that time
This is not funny. If I went down to the range, pulled out a handgun and tried to unload thirty-five shots, with a rapid finger pull with even something holding the handgun in please, I be surprised if I can fire fifteen bullets in a span of seven seconds with minimal recoil. Extended magazines would have issues and before you say it, yes this is star wars and we can easily just pull the trigger without the fear of much recoil or bullets being unchambered...but again, we can pull the trigger in automatics and let out sixty rounds at times in a few seconds so I am not afraid of shot count.

This, as a weakness is not allowed. A recharge like this essentially makes the Ammo Capacity: Extremely Large. I am sorry, it does absolutely nothing against an enemy in a PVP standpoint. This includes also the High Ammo Cap, as it just says 35 shots in less then 7 seconds of recharge! It is useless, all of it and needs to be removed.

Also, how is it a recharging power cell? Is there an actual Recharging Power Cell in Star Wars? If so, please link it as I already had to find all the others for you.

STRENGTHS

• Mage Killer: The rifle has been designed from the ground up specifically to help the user put down Force Adepts as well as more conventional enemies. It has a Magnatomic Adhesion Grip, to help the user prevent Disarmament via Conventional or telekinetic means. It's Galvaning Circuit is the same as that in the Elemental Assault Carbine Type 1, meaning it causes odd energy fluctuations in the surface of the energy envelope of any bolt it fires, making them difficult to halt or slow with Telekinesis. Integrated Paddle Beam Technology causes it's bolts to bend around Lightsaber blades, making them difficult to deflect
  • Quiet Riot: It's noise is only a quarter that of a conventional blaster pistol, and it's bolts have reduced glare, only a quarter that of a normal bolt. Both of these make the one using this harder to detect from longer ranges, and their exact position harder to locate
  • Hi-Cap: An immensely high ammo cap for a pistol at 35 shots
  • Modular: Can accept scopes, new types of stock, and laser aiming modules. Anything further would require a new sub
  • Fight anywhere: Capable of firing Underwater
  • Recoil: Low Recoil
  • Fast Travel: Integrated Pulse Cannon Tech causes it's projectiles to travel much, much faster than regular bolts
  • Rugged: Very difficult to damage, and easily restored to minimal function with minimal resources (Minimal function means it's just an ordinary Ion Blaster Pistol, with only very small amounts of ammo and lower range
  • Yondu: Super Accurate
  • Dual Use: Fires damaging Ion bolts, equally good against organics and Droids
  • Indoors: Compact and excellent for indoor use
WEAKNESSES

• Fire Rate: Semi Auto fire only
  • Recharge time: Takes 7 seconds for the ammo to fully recharge. A lot can happen in that time
  • Range: only 21 meters
I make this an entire pile to make this well known. just be size comparison Your weaknesses, do not balance at all with the amount of strengths you have. I have tried to tell you to limit strengths to mainly make it more streamlined and have failed, so I am making it now a requirement. The amount of strengths is insanely over the amount of weaknesses which is also something else to talk on.

Like the Recharge Time, the other two are not even real weaknesses. Range could been okay but this is a pistol, it is expected to have a range of something like this. The Fire Rate only works if some does not just say Semi Auto fire, almost every weapon does this already or is pure automatic fire. Only way this works is if one is using a flintlock and has to reload the cap with ball every time it fires.

What I am asking, is to redo every weakness and make them work. Get rid of any strengths that are just repetitive.

You are also one rating to high, please reduce a rating or production. I highly recommend Production given how this relates to a Minor Faction/Company.

My final closing words is going to echo Krass from your other submission. This is a Min/Max case against purely, Force Users, more preferably the light stick kind. Fine, you want to kill one, stun one, beat the crap out of the person and take the person home dead or alive. But the other player, decides at the end of the day if it hits or not. I know you want this purely against Force Users, but NPC groups are extremely small in this nature and most you will run into are in the range of a Semi-Unique variety, only a few exist and players make up more of that then them. They decide the hits, how they react to said hits and even if they want to roleplay against such technology, weaponry, NPCs or Player itself.

As Factory Judges, we are not allowed to judge based on how the submission itself, roleplay wise can be used in roleplay against others. That is the job of the Roleplay Judges when a report gets filed in. However, we are allowed to call out on the submissions being wrong in context of its universe, how their actual abilities and qualities are used in Canon/Legends, and things not followed in the Factory Guidelines. I am going to quote this from the General Submission Guidelines in the Factory Rules.

2. All submissions should reflect the strengths and weaknesses of their materials and components for transparency, balance, and fair play.
3. Language that could be interpreted to force another writer to do something they do not wish for their character is prohibited.

This seems to feel missed most of the time we have had discussions or have had others review submissions from other Factory Judges. There is never much, if any drawback and only the desired effect. That is all I am saying now.

I allow three choices. One, we can work on these one at a time and get these ironed out. Two, I can throw them all four submissions into Pre-Factory to allow extensive work or Archive. Third and final, we do a week long wait, I do a three check then archive them. Yes, Them. I am not playing around on that, if this is not talked on and it passes over, I will archive all four submissions due to how similar they are.

Let me know what you wish to do, work on it or otherwise. You will get a notification tomorrow for the two submissions we are having currently in review, E-5 Phantom and the Star Healer Submission. If nothing after that, they will be archived.

Laertia Io Laertia Io

Working on edits now but I have questions.

Could I make the weapon series modular to the point specific parts/modules could be swapped out to convert them between an ordinary blaster to other weapon types. Also, you say Ion weapons damage mainly droids, but aren't ion weapons like the clone trooper rifles ion based and deadly to Organics also?

DC-15A Blaster Rifle

Nope. They were not classified as Ion Rifles strangely enough, they are Blasters. Their actual firing design even states that and I will make the difference the best plain difference I can.

An Ion Shot generally disables or creates an electrical field that fries circuits, causing them to slightly explode or just make them shut down all together. In the show, movies, and yes, video games...they generally just get blaster marks, fall over broken or explode.

The DC-15A blaster rifle utilized tibanna gas cartridges and blaster power packs to fire. When its user pulled the weapon's trigger, a gas release valve released a small amount of tibanna into the rifle's ignition chamber, where it was transformed into plasma by the ignitor, with energy from the blaster's power pack. The plasma was then transferred to the expansion chamber, where it became a particle beam. The beam was then intensified through a prismatic crystal and pushed through a galven circuit. Electromagnets accelerated the blaster bolt out of the weapon's barrel, where it was stabilized by magnetic pulse stabilizers and a collimating tube. The firing process generated a lot of heat, which was evacuated through the blaster's radiator fins and a heat-exchange element located in the blaster's muzzle.
That, is not a way to fire off Ion Energy. However I am a bit surprised to learn why it is so powerful...being partly a particle beam, that is extremely dangerous.

Hopefully the answers it.
Laertia Io Laertia Io

Laertia Io Laertia Io

Apologies, it is late.

Yes, it is possible to change a weapons type and yes, I remember approving such a thing. However, you cannot simply just gut out an entire weapon design to make it work with every design you have. For example, you cannot make the Pulse Cannon technology work with a Disruptor as it relies on different principles. That also includes Sonic Technology used with Paddle Beam technology.

The point I am trying to make is simple. It should not conflict with any other Special Features if you are to be modular with said weapon. Think of it like Republic Commando in term of modularity. The DC can shift from a blaster, to a marksmen rifle, to an anti-armor attachment. It should fit all together with minimal issue. Imagine how you would do it and how much change it would require to do so. If say, I have a regular blaster and then start to shift out towards a Disruptor, how much change does it actually require?

If you ARE going to use Disruptor, Charric, ect, I would make multiple profiles for each weapon type on this submission. Granted however, it would seem just overbearing to do so. Just be aware of how much work it may take to change things.

This be my final response due to being late. I will answer any others tomorrow night (AKA, 18-20 hours from now)

If you do, I would say use this article to kindof get an idea what to expect.
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Kob_sonic_blaster

It is a mass of sound, however there is evidence of what is considered a "Sonic Disruptor" which is in theory, is just odd. It has a hybrid quality and probably will help if that is what you wish to do. Bear in mind, it is Sound. It is not an blaster bolt for example, so certain things will need to be changed out in Special Features to make them work.

Anyway, goodnight.
Laertia Io Laertia Io

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom