Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Honey in Leone | First Order Dominion of Absit

2LoY7zd.png
"We're ready when you are."

The boy's head turned slightly to the right. The fingers of his right hand twitched as he peered through his mind's eye at the reinforcement of the mining shaft.

Then his left hand extended out in front of him. The wrist slowly rotated until the palm faced upward. The boy drew in a slow, deep breath. His knees flexed, his hand dipping just slightly as though he were bracing himself.

And then he came back up. Slowly. One inch at a time.

As he did, the mountainside in front of them seemed to tremble. Almost as though an earthquake, except the ground was completely still. Holding his breath, the Anzat's face was gripped with the concentration. His jaw clenched as he wrestled with forces beyond comprehension.

His left hand traveled upward slightly.

There was an audible rumble, as the rocks and debris from the collapse were lifted away. Ascending, defying gravity as the massive boulders and stones floated as though weightless. It was like an avalanche in reverse, as stones kept coming, seemingly sucked out of the mountainside as the mining shaft once more became visible.

Not only visible, but several of the rocks rolled aside and seemed to configured themselves to form new walls and supports for the shaft.

When the way had been cleared, a thought rippled out from the boy. Go, quickly now.

He had half a mind to try shifting the levitated debris away from the shaft, but he was already focusing on two different tasks at once -- levitating the rocks and also reinforcing the mining shaft entrance.

Without another Jedi to aid him, he'd just try to hold the proverbial line. He just needed to maintain it for long enough for the pararescue team to get in and get out.

Ariadne Gallaer

A
MJQ2snz.png
With limited machinery, it was strenuous to withdraw the drill mechanism from the well shaft. Ariadne worked with her team to manually crank the device that pulled the apparatus up the shaft. By the time they were halfway done, her arms ached from the strain of it. Her back felt tight at the base, where her rear end met her spine. She was perspiring. But they couldn't stop. They needed to keep up the momentum, or risk starting over from the beginning again. She spat a Keshiri curse out of the side of her mouth and dug her booted heels in, moving her entire body now to work the drill mechanism up.

Finally, they achieved joy, and almost haphazardly swung the drill housing to the dry lake bed. Ariadne wasn't the first to slump back onto the dirt, and not the first to give a celebratory whooping cry into the air, although she joined in enthusiastically with both. They lifted their canteens, clinking and clanking them together and cheered their achievement. The cynical part of Ariadne sulked within her, grumbling that it was just one well. What was there to be so happy about?

Ariadne looked around her peers. Strangers that she didn't know and might never see again. They had nothing in common except a desire to do good. What indeed? But Ariadne's ship had been just one ship that had been saved from certain death by members of the First Order and the Galactic Alliance. She was just one woman whose species had become scarce due to the genocide of monsters. This well, just one well, was like all the other just ones that the First Order had done over the last few years. Just one at a time, but each time, vastly improving the lives of people impacted by it. Sometimes, even saving them. Sometimes, preserving the survival of an entire species.

The thought invigorated Ariadne, and she took one final swig of the bottle before recapping it and clambering to her feet. "Right. What say we get these people some water? Julio -- let me give you a hand with that pump assembly." One by one, the FOCIE team rose to their feet and went back to work.

Resurgent Narrative

R
2LoY7zd.png

3ZDgYqq.png

The men and women of the First Imperial Army rushed into the mines with Pararescue and Medics hot on their heels. Knight-Commander Marionne Roule had sensed Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha 's presence quite some time ago, but the trip from Eastwood to Walker wasn't short. "My apologies for being late, I am Knight-Commander Roule." Then without another word she closed her eyes, and uttered the words that every First Imperial Knight knew. "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."

The motto she chanted over and over concentrating her power, she channeled her energy into this chant and sent forth a boost in power toward the Jedi. The lives of those in the mines were at stake and thus it would be her duty to see this task through to the end. The Knight-Commander had come a long way since the days of her youth. Days spent brooding, and working for someone else and not herself and most certainly not for the people who called the First Order home.

Meanwhile, Rajaverde and those who had entered the mines worked diligently, but quickly. There was no time to wait for the engineers who were already tasked quite heavily at Eastwood. A chain of people was formed with pararescue and medics working quickly to find the survivors and sending them up on stretchers. The Army took these stretchers and one by one, and rushed them toward the ambulatory ships. They would not stop until all the survivors had been helped.

Branneth sat in the town hall and waited as the families of the deceased began to gather. He checked his chrono and sighed, all he waited for now were two things, the confirmation of the dead and the knowledge that Papa Amargosa was no longer going to be a threat to the First Order. ARC as it stood would no longer do business on Absit. Word of this undoubtedly spread toward Leone and Eastwood, which would give room for the old buzzard to show face somewhere on the dust ball, or at least Branneth figured.

0WZfGuz.png
Cptav6D.png
Agent Sahani arrived at Zion Canyon with little time to spare, she hid her speeder bike behind several outcroppings of rocks. Activating her optical camouflage suit she moved to lay in the brush, and then brought on the thermal modifier to adjust the outlook of her own body temperature. None of it was perfect of course but it was perfect enough. Chatter on comms had it that Papa Amargosa was pissed, whatever happened in Walker had led to the expulsion of the Amargosa Resource Company. Many of those employed there were taken aboard First Order shuttles, then of course there was Eastwood where the First Order was working to restore water there.

People were suddenly no longer afraid of the Amargosa Family.

Worse, the damn Marshal in Leone had gathered several of the good men left in Leone and were now heading out to take care of the sheriffs that had been on the payroll. Those still loyal to the big man were asked to come out to the canyon whereby he could regroup, and so Sahani curiously waited for somewhere out here, in the rust-color sandy desert of the Zion. Papa must have had a hide out, she tried to muse on how to take him out because as rumors had it he was a Force User, but they had no knowledge on just how well-trained he was or if he had even had any training.

Time would tell though.

Of course, there was that Starwind person.

Sahani wondered just how much longer until they arrived and if it would also be when Amargosa himself showed up.

0WZfGuz.png
It was going to be okay.

Nothing major about this. Just a quick history lesson to help further trace her path while in these parts of the galaxy. Sybil was oddly quiet, as though she had to determine the exact manner in which to grab at the file. Not too greedily or desperately. This wasn't too difficult. She still had not determined if it was ultimately better to run from the past or fully fill that void. Besides, it's not like she was some black hole or sleeper agent waiting for a sight trigger to start tossing Force Bombs. Right?

No, that couldn't be. Ridiculous. Everything was going to be fine.

First she placed her bottle down evenly, consciously timed her breathing to keep a better measure of control, and then reached over. Sybil let her eyes lose focus and peered around the edge of the file as it opened. By looking indirectly in this manner she was able to make out the pale blob on that page, the face, and decidedly pressed her thumb into the image like one might when crushing a bug. With this handled she could now read the file in earnest. A few reactions played out, but nothing horrific suddenly occurred. Mostly she murmured to herself.

"Hm."

"That was me?"

"That too? Hah."

"So that's the nickname. Pretentious."

"Oh please, must be fake."

"Clever."

"Oof. Excessive."

Once satisfied the Major closed the file, shaking her head lightly with a most curious grin. Incredulous, perhaps? Internally, it was difficult to say what served as occupier within her headspace. Expression a little off kilter now, Shepard returned the file and went back to drinking more water.

"Thank you, Ma'am. That certainly helps with clarification."

Delilah Graham

D
0WZfGuz.png
Delilah glanced at Shepard and raised her eyebrows. "All done?" she asked. "Very good." She took the file back and tucked it back into her desk drawer, then scooted her chair closer to the desk, again crossing her legs under the expanse of metal. Her gaze lingered on the woman across from her. They had all suffered during the Sack of Dosuun and they were considered the lucky ones for having survived it. Shepard seemed to have suffered more than the average survivor, with chunks of her memory gone and an obviously traumatic experience since the two had crossed paths.

She remembered being impressed with Shepard when working under her, but now that roles were reversed and dynamics changed, Delilah didn't know quite how it would all work. She would keep an eye on Shepard, that was sure. Whether she was genuine in her apparent lack of ambition or not, Shepard had made an accurate observation: they were all operating under the same system, orbiting the same sun, and the decisions on staffing and operations would have to be made in consideration of what was best for the empire and what was desired by the Crown.

To that end...

"As for your assignment," Delilah began. "You've been working well with Nakano and Dash, I understand. That may continue, depending on what your next supervisor will determine based on operational requirements. You'll be attached to Military Intelligence Zero Station, or MI-0. Look at me, Shepard, and absorb this, accept it as brute fact." She locked eyes with the agent across the desk from her. "Zero Station does not exist. It is for clandestine operations that cannot and will not be publicly linked to the First Order. These need not be nefarious or immoral in any way, but they are highly confidential and extremely sensitive."

She paused a moment. "For the moment, your attachment will be with the FIV Erebus. I'm afraid I can't give you any more details about your assignment, but as I understand it you and your new commanding officer have someone in common." Delilah drew a datacard out of her desk and handed it to Shepard. "Details, transfer paperwork, and Sovereigns for expenses. You're authorized a week's leave to get things organized. I encourage you not to keep the Erebus waiting. Any questions?

Raava Starwind

R
9KTEt4j.png

Zion Canyon

Not for the first time that night, Raava was thankful that they had decided to wear her trench-coat on this little 'favor' Grandpa Berik asked her to check out. Out here, there was nothing but howling winds.

Well, that and whatever scum the Amargosa's rustled up.

Soon after she had finished her story about escaping the Bryna'dul occupation of Kessel (technically true, with some artistic license- who in their right mind would try to steal unrefined coaxium?), she was approached by a ne'er-do-well. "Sounds like you know how to handle yourself in a tough spot", he grunted as a greeting. "I know some people who'd appreciate that." And with that, Starwind followed the man to the canyon.

Her first thought upon entering the camp was that the Family was in a bad way. They looked skittish, paranoid, scared- things that you'd never imagine. Raava's sympathy was dulled by the state of the trafficked women- terrified, emaciated, and some of them barely clinging to life. That dulled sympathy became non-existent when one of the men- an Amargosa, she assumed- had the temerity to slap her on the butt, loudly bellow for all to hear that it was about time the man had brought "a good whore" back, and attempted to strong arm her into some dark corner.

"I'm not a whore", Raava said calmly to the beaten, crumpled form of a man moments later, eliciting a few chuckles that broke the tension.

"Like I told y'all, she may be short but she got what it takes. Girl, stick around for a bit- gang's just about gathered up, we're just waiting for Papa and some others to come in. Now the only thing I'd say about Papa Amargosa is to just be completely honest with him. He gotta way about him, able to tell if folk's ain't true to themselves."

So he is a Force User, in other words. And they were kind enough to sequester themselves away from the general population, so I wouldn't cause excessive collateral damage- good.

Raava snorted her assent. "Good. Excuse me, I got to take care of some lady's business."

With that, she retreated away from the men, to a distance where she wouldn't be overheard. Expanding her senses with the Force- and surprisingly feeling a few people not too far away- she was satisfied that she couldn't be readily overheard. She pulled out her com-link. "Marshall, I'd suggest getting some men to Zion Canyon." She tightened her grip on her lightsaber. "This ends tonight."

Resurgent Narrative Amun Amun

Last edited by a moderator:

Firenne's eyes widened with absolute and utter delight as Nylea greeted her warmly and spoke briefly of her fiancée. While she had known that Nylea and Elisea were inseparable - frankly, it was evident to anyone with a pair of eyes - she had been away and had not heard the news of their engagement. It was all she could do to restrain herself from very literally jumping up and down for joy. While she did not know the pair as well as she would like, they were both absolutely lovely by all accounts.
She limited herself to a few delighted words of congratulations on their engagement for Nylea Apollodor Nylea Apollodor , before her attention was caught up by Vhondryl Gallaer and the explanation of the blockage. "Aha! Thank you! I see the data now as well. My apologies...I'm normally much more attentive, I promise." Firenne looked a bit sheepish at her distraction, and was thankful as the process was swiftly moved along by those who had the technical knowledge and skill.

Her cheeks were flushed with a bit of warmth, and she briefly lamented the fact that she was in armor, albeit light in nature. The sun beat down with a traditional lack of mercy, so she straightened herself and took a deep breath to steady herself. Then another as she centered herself while striding over to the team she was appointed to assist. The bridge looked...suspect at best, and while she was confident she could negotiate if necessary, she was content to wait until it was deemed more structurally sound for passage.

But that was neither here nor there, and as such, Firenne turned her attention to the debris instead. Hands outstretched before her, her silver irises expanded to encompass her entire gaze as she reached out with her mind. The droids were performing their tasks with their usual speed and efficiency, so she did the same, clearing swaths of junk and debris, placing it carefully into the waiting trucks that cycled through as they were filled. It was a steady rhythm, but the task required fine control and a delicate touch given the amount of the blockage she was removing at a time, so she kept some of her senses alert but remained focused.

There were times, like today, like there had been a dozen times over the last several years where she had to stop and think where Kurayami was concerned. The man was perpetually drunk - she could count the times she'd seen him sober on one hand - so much of what he said was with a heavily sauced filter atop every word. As such, it took her a moment to decide how to take what he said.

The amount of subtext was, as usual, enough to fill a star destroyer, so she grinned and quirked a brow upward by way of response. There was little she wanted to do more than lean into it and see just how far she could push it, but that would hardly be fair. Alas, she mused, she'd have to behave and content herself with their usual entertaining banter. Canting her head to the side, Nix framed a more verbal reply as he paused to take a breath.

"While I'd love to snuggle, it's hot enough on this damnable planet. I've got a bike I borrowed from a local...she doesn't look like much, but she's got it where it counts, I hope." her grin remained as she shrugged, nodding to the other bike nearby. Her crimson gaze soon turned to the map on his datapad and she nodded, withdrawing her own and calling up the data she'd been given as well. "I think you're on the right track there. If we cut close to the canyon we should be able to find the mines just beyond it."

Stowing it once more and settling the mask over her face, Phoenix strode over to her borrowed vehicle and took a moment to swap out the blaster rifle attachment on her DC-17m for the modified sniper rifle piece. Much more powerful and precise, and more useful for the journey, in her estimation. With that done and the weapon strapped across her back once more, she maneuvered forward to Ami's side.

"Race you." she said with a decidedly saucy wink that was probably lost behind the mask and the haze of his pickled alcoholic state. Without another thought, she took off, surprised at the speed the bike was working its way up to. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all. Though she doubted she'd beat Ami to their destination, the man had a damnable gift when it came to driving anything with an engine, she was at least going to be able to keep up.

It wasn't long before they left the town behind, roaring across the sands towards Zion Canyon and the mines beyond. The Amargosa family had terrorized this planet long enough, and what information she had regarding them was horrifying at best. With any luck, Force borne or otherwise, she'd be able to make a tangible contribution to making life better for these people and worse for the Amargosas. The commando's smile turned dark and her expression shifted to something far more serious as they sped along.

Zion Canyon loomed before them, the broken earth yawning open to the sky. It would have been a stunning natural sight under other circumstances. They pressed forward, zipping along the edge and pausing only briefly to triangulate their location and verify their direction once more. Up ahead, there was a small, dark speck on the edge of an outcropping that jutted out over the emptiness below. Drawing closer, it became evident that it was a group of black dots that gradually resolved into a group of people, one of whom stood alone at the very edge. They got close enough to see the dust and loose pebbles cascading over the edge beneath the person's boots and Phoenix swore violently over the comm to Ami.

"Problem, straight ahead. I have a really bad feeling about this." she added, stopping the bike and leaping off of it as she drew her rifle. "I shoot, you catch. Just like Hoth a couple of years ago."

eTA6TKV.png
Firenne's reaction to finding out that Nylea and Elisea were engaged was a little flustering. The echani was very aware of just how lucky she was, but it still surprised her to see people so happy for her. It was the most joyous thing that had ever happened, perhaps it wasn't too difficult to tell. Nylea was an open book when it came to her feelings, after all.

Still, there was work to be done. There was a slight change of plans, but nothing that affected Nylea, and so she met up with the group she had been appointed to. She was no Imperial Knight, but thankfully it didn't seem like anyone was too bothered by that. Those who had a strong connection to the Force could have their disagreements over its nature, but those who didn't often simply saw someone with powers they didn't have. It wasn't like the Imperial Knights she had met so far had been judgmental, either.

Standing nearby the truck she was meant to help fill, Nylea stretched her arms out towards the debris and channeled the Force carefully, letting it wrap around part of the debris and lifting it up and letting it float over to the truck. The echani was thankful that using the Force drew from her mental strength rather than physical; the heat would've made it difficult to bear.

Admittedly, there had been many,many times where he had said something with an unintended subtext to a woman. Sometimes it worked out for the best and other times, well he was pretty sure that he didn't enjoy getting slapped for an accidental turn of phrase. Today however, seemed like the standard when he spoke with Phoenix. Though she didn't respond with her usual level of sass. Sad day. His disappointment may have lain in that single facet, but how she would interpret it...well that was up to her. "While I can't disagree that it is entirely too hot on this planet, I will say that it is a shame that you turned down a free ride. Especially for that junker." If she picked up on the slight tinge of disappointment in his tone then her reaction would be priceless. "Never said the drinks had to be here either, Nix. Now did I? Besides, bought an old prototype at auction a while back. Its outside the town a decent way. We can drink and catch up on there. Far more comfortable than this forsaken ball of dust. How did you think I got my bike here? Sure as hell didn't ride it on the hyperlanes. Anyways, where those place are makes for a good starting point, and through that canyon is the fastest way there."

While she took her time swapping attachments on her DC-17m, he moved the saber from its pouch on his utility belt to the place it normally hung on his left hip. After making sure it was secure he started up the bike and got ready to head out, it was just making sure that he didn't get too far ahead of her that was important right now. Once she pulled up next to him, he warmed up the engine by twisting the throttle a small bit. Though the wink may have been lost behind the mask, he could pick up a hint of her more normal flirty undertones when she made the suggestion. Though the smirk would be hidden by his helmet, she might be able to sense his amusement through the Force. "Race me? Sure, why not? Ready when you are."

Seeing that she was on a modded pile of rust, and he was on a well maintained speeder bike, he gave her a couple second headstart before twisting the throttle to full open and leaving a large rooster tail of dust behind him as he sped off after her. Reaching out to her through the Force, he figured he'd try to catch her off guard as soon as he had her in visual range. <<A good chase is always more fun when there is something on the line. Wouldn't you agree? So tell me what I stand to lose if you beat me?>> With the message sent, he swung out to the right of her, matching her speed as he pulled up beside her again.

The race was a good bit of fun, but Kurayami knew that it was going to be short lived, sadly moreso than he had hoped as it was only a minute or so after that the pulled to a stop, checked their position, and saw something off in the distance. As they pulled closer the one dot turned into many. People were gathering here and the feeling all around was less than hopeful. Something big was about to go down here and they had a front row seat. The two were not here merely as observers though, they were here to keep at least some of the insanity from going down. Phoenix was right, this was eerily similar to Hoth. Or he figured it was given that she tended to remember the details a bit better than him.
"Yea, I'm with ya on the bad feeling. You shoot and I catch? You got that backwards there hon, I'm not a catcher, just ain't my style. I assume you mean whoever is perilously close to the edge? Really? Was Hoth this bad?" Though on the surface he was nonchalant about all of this he was already opening himself more fully to the Force and preparing to grab hold of who or whatever was needed, who knows , someone might get thrown around by him if it would help the situation in the end. Once his mind was settled he radioed to Phoenix that he was ready. He was definitely ready to be done with all this so he could just relax.

Last edited:
0WZfGuz.png
Delilah’s intent of impressing the importance of what was being said successfully knocked out any possible distractions that could be swirling in that auburn head. Following closely along she repeated back the biggest details for her own sake, nodding in time.

“Em-Eye-Zero. Covert post. FIV Erebus. Understood. No questions.” Sybil examined the datacard front and back before storing it for later use. Once they were done with the briefing, Shepard excused herself with an acceptable level of respect. As she reached the doorway of the office, something must have crossed her mind, for it required her to stop and turn momentarily.

“Thank you again, Ma’am. I’ll remember this.” These words were not spoken with any ill intent, and yet something within their formulation broached the borders of what was chilling -what was unnatural.

[Exeunt]
Delilah Graham

Resurgent Narrative

R
It was all coming to an end, and Papa Amargosa didn't like it.
The Marshal was two steps ahead of Starwind, for on the far side of the canyon laid the Marshal and his men. They brought with them some old goodies from the Great Galactic War. Now, the thing of it is - the Marshal that is, was a former Republic Commando he had even aided the old Galactic Alliance against the First Order. Now to say he didn't rightly like gettin' help from the First Order now was an understatement, but then there wasn't much of a choice.
It was either that roaming scum of an Imperial Warlord that happened not too long ago.
Stay in the hands of Papa Amargosa and his criminal scum friends that came through every other week.
Or take the First Order up on their offer of joining them.
The Marshal narrowed his gaze and chewed on the inside of his cheek.
Back across the Canyon, Papa Amargosa arrived with his boys in tow, and unbeknownst to them all were the eyes of several men and women hidden away from their view. Amargosa could feel them though, through the Force but his confidence and tendency to tread along the Darkside gave him this power he'd like to say. Power to defeat any and all who came his way, now what he wouldn't say outright was that on Absit were more than just doonium and aurodium but crystals, crystals that the Imperial Warlord wanted and Amargosa refused him.
Not that it mattered now.
Walker had been taken over by the First Order, and the people who ran ARC were gone.
Eastwood had soon as sure turned over any assets he owned there to the First Order.
Leone.
Leone's crooked sheriffs had mysteriously ended up dead and at the front door of his ranch.
Oh, what Papa Amargosa wouldn't give for just a few credits more worth of time. He knew what Starwind was up to when she stepped away and he looked across the canyon and he could see the Marshal, and he could see what the Marshal was setting up. He then turned his attention to the one man he hired to protect his arse and then to the strangers who undoubtedly to him belonged to the First Order. "Line!" Ordered Papa Amargosa, his hand went to his lightsaber and out appeared the crimson blade and so too were the guns drawn.
Blaster pistols in the form of revolvers, each one ready on the trigger.
The Marshal across the canyon gave a look to his men, a singular nod.
Amargosa hadn't realized that the Marshal exceeded at one thing during his time with the Republic and the Alliance. Huntin' Force Users, and in particular darksiders. He just needed the man properly distracted, and so the snipers and the special cannon with the words come and take it. Scrawled on the side fired without hesitation. A specialty shot crafted with voidstone would land directly behind Papa Amargosa as someone took their shot and got really, really lucky.
It just so happened that at that very moment, a few of the strangers also took their shots.
When it was over and the dust had settled, the only people still standin' would be the men and women of Absit, and the First Order.
Word would reach Mr. Branneth over in Walker, who would then inform his cousins Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan and Ariel Yvarro that Absit had joined the ever-growing family of worlds in the First Order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom