Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Home is where you hang your hat, right?

Karki Eusith - RIP

K

karki.jpg

"Dreams make us better, they make us want for a better life, to be better..."

WHERE I AM: Sigh
WHAT I'M CARRYING: Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber
TAG: Alyssa Shinobu Alyssa Shinobu

"Really? Insults? Are you done?" This is actually starting to be entertaining. This kid is spoiled, otherwise, she wouldn't be so pissy about things not going her way. Of course, now that means that she's going to esc... yep... there it is... the lightsaber. Well, I'm not not going to fight her, but I won't back down. She needs to be humbled some more obviously. So it's time to test out this shield.

Yep, she's definitely a "Padawan", the standard attacks are the easiest to counter, even with a shield. I wonder how mad she is getting with me doing this still bouncing this holocron in my other hand. Naw, better set it down, don't want her going into full tizzy. She's fast but sloppy. "You know, I could have taken you down four times already? Get it in your head. I'm not going to fight you." Her moves were blocked, almost all of them, she managed to singe my left leg, just the way the blade slid off the shield. That was her though, I will give her credit, I couldn't find an openi... oh wait... there it is.

A hard "backhand" with the shield should smack her hard enough to knock her on her butt.

"It's called 'self-discovery', you idiot. I get it, you fell into the Code and found something you needed to give your life meaning. Your zeal is driving you, I can respect that, but listen.to.me.PADAWAN. I could not take help from you, or anyone if I wanted it, I HAVE TO DO THIS ALONE! If you want to follow me around? Fine. Do so. I have to do this myself. If I succeed? I succeed. If I fail, I fail. THIS IS WHAT WE DO! You can keep attacking me all you want, kid. You won't succeed or change my mind. Your butt's just gonna get dirty."

"... and my dream is to one day again be worthy."

Alyssa wiped her chin a devilish smirk on her face despite the blow she just suffered. "Well, then it's a good thing I have a good dry cleaner then." Alyssa took a step back to analyze Karki's shield the concept of its material running through her mind. Is it Cortosis? No, if it was my blade would have shut off. Perhaps it's phirik or beskar, those have been known to block plasma! No...that's not it either...Just what is that thing? Alyssa brought her blade above her head her fighting style having switched to be more acrobatic.

A shield isn't necessarily supposed to be used as a weapon but rather...well a shield which means that unless he intends to belt out that Lightsaber he's probably gonna use that shield to block me, I mean it just makes logical sense what else is he gonna use a shield to do?

Alyssa slowly approached Karki her blade primed for any sudden movements. "Idiot am I? Now, who is the one spouting insults? You know you're a real piece of work! You keep asking me to listen to what you're saying but you haven't even considered a thing I said! No one told you, you have to walk alone! NO ONE! And if they did their an idiot and you need to seriously reevaluate things. Self-Discovery is just one of those generic hogwash phrases people use in those motivational holovids! Why do you think people go to school? Because it's so much easier to discover new things about yourself when your around someone who already has! Quit being afraid that someone will be there to see you screw up because when you're with someone it's their mess up too!"

Alyssa rushed at Karki and swung her blade at Karki's feet hoping to get him to block with his shield or even better jump into the air so he could feel what it's like to be knocked over. Alyssa spread out her fingers and let forth a mighty gust of energy that exploded from her hand its pure kinetic force a powerful yet very basic ability. "Let's see you block your hands and feet at the same time!"

Karki Eusith

Karki Eusith - RIP

K

karki.jpg

WHERE I AM: Oh Kriff this

Could this be any more transparent? She wants a fight. I'm done obliging her. I could knock her on her butt again, and maybe I will, but she's enjoying this too much. I'm done justifying myself to her, she needs to be shut down. Tutaminus should do at the leg level. I'll block her saber with my right foot. The throw I'm going to make is going to be tricky though, have to bounce the shield off two building corners to come back and graze the top of her head. The rest is going to be me.

"You are a disrespectful little punk. You do your Master, and anyone who put any faith in you shame by your incessant actions. It's no wonder you are still a Padawan as you have a lot to learn. I've tried to get you to leave me alone. I've tried to get you to walk away. I've even tried to engage with you, to teach you what you have yet to learn, and you just don't get it. You will never grow as a person, let alone a Jedi, until you realize just how wrong you are. Yet you don't, and you won't, and I'm done."

Putting my shield back where it was over my shoulders, I'm walking away.

"No way..." Alyssa gasped at the blue energy encasing Karki's right foot her saber spewing sparks at it desperately tried to cut through to no avail. Alyssa saw Karki go for his shield and jumped back expecting an attack. I didn't even think Tutaminus could be used on feet! Wait what am I saying, of course, it can! If it can cover a whole body it can cover just a foot which means he might have other abilities just hanging up his sleeve...Karki...just what are you thinking...?

It was then Karki launched his shield seemingly aiming at Alyssa forcing her to duck in order not to be struck. This guy's a slippery bastard, I've learned by now not to expect a forward attack from him. Her hunch proved to be correct as the shield came barreling back toward her having ricocheted off the sides of two adjacent buildings (and incidentally a fruit stand). The girl dropped to the ground and watched the shield fly over her head and into Karki's open hand. "Teach me? You haven't tried to teach me anything all you've done was tell me I'm wrong and that I'm an idiot for being wrong. Don't get pissy with me because some of us prefer to help others as well as ourselves. Now get your seven-foot mopy ass over here so I can-"

She wasn't even acknowledged. Karki...was leaving...without having even considered what Alyssa was saying. It's confirmed at this point there's simply no discussion to be had, No matter what comes out of Alyssa's mouth Karki refuses to listen even for a moment. He's so set in his beliefs he just rejects the notion that he could be wrong...He's just like...Alyssa. She was so determined to prove that she was right that she hadn't even considered that maybe just maybe...she wasn't. Maybe she is wrong maybe Karki is too and their argument is pointless but that doesn't change the fact that she and Karki have more similarities than Alyssa was willing to believe.

"I assume my being wrong makes you right? I'd have to disagree with you there. I'm not going to stop trying to help you..." Her eyes flickered to the dark object in Karki's open hand. "And I'm not leaving without what's rightfully mine." Alyssa deactivated her weapon and clipped it to her belt a new calmness washing over her. The girl jogged up towards Karki and stood a good distance away wary of his fury. If he's anything like her then persistence is his only counter and if there's one thing Alyssa can market herself as its incessant.

"So why do you wanna walk alone? At least tell me that much. I didn't come here to fight I came here to help and..." Alyssa rubbed a sore left on her cheek from her earlier plummet. "I haven't really done a good job of that so I-I-I'm-" Alyssa grabbed her throat clearly in distress. "Dear God I'm gagging...I'm TRYING to say that I-I...oh forget it I think you get the idea..."

Karki Eusith

Karki Eusith - RIP

K

karki.jpg

WHERE I AM: O.M.F.G.

Does she want me to list the insults she's thrown at me? I would if I had the patience to listen to her anymore, but I have a place to be, but this tiresome little girl insists on continuing this crusade, yet she just.does.not.get.it. What do I have to do? Knock her on her ass? Did so, it doesn't work. Talk to her like she was a Padawan? Did so, doesn't work. Just keep walking, man, just keep walking. Tune the girl out. I wish I still had my earbuds, she'd probably drown'em out.

Heh, that was actually funny.

She's trying to help, I'm sure, but geez, really? What is in her head that I'm wrong for not wanting any help? Is it so hard to understand that I have to do this alone? What is so hard to understand that I have to deal with my failure? Why can she not understand that no amount of talk from someone who was not there, someone who did not have the primary responsibility of protecting the very younglings, the very Padawans that died? What part of that is not getting to her?

Probably the fact that I didn't tell her.

Oh geez, here she comes again. What now? Am I a "slimy bastard" or something" What's next? I'm not drawing my shield, I'm not getting baited. She wants a fight, she won't get one. Oh geez, she doesn't want a fight. She wan... fine... geez.

"If I tell you, will you let me walk? Will you stop putting up a fight? No, of course, you won't but here goes. Do you have any idea what it is like to have no other priority than the protection of younglings, of Padawans, of young Jedi Knights and watch them slaughtered in front of you? Do you know what kind of weight that puts on you? Do you? I have not slept in days, I have not eaten in days. I don't care if I'm right. I don't care if you're wrong. I can't be around anyone right now. I can't... I can't handle that right now. That's why I can't be a Jedi right now. I... I have to do this by myself. I have to come to terms with it... feel right about this thing..." tapping his lightsaber "... I won't lift it until I do."

"Well, that's...heavy..." Was that all she could say? Maybe not but that's all her mind could process as the words slipped out of Karki's mouth the clouds in his mind now booming with thunder and crackling with lightning. She shouldn't have pushed him this far that much was clear but it was too late now and it's not like talking about things can worsen things right?

"No, I don't. I'm sorry I simply can't comprehend the complexity of how that must feel, Only the weight it must put on your shoulders. But I do understand what it feels like to fail it's my WHOLE LIFE! I just can't seem to get anything right and it's infuriatting and saddening at the same time...is that how you feel? Sad and angry? I can understand that. Sometimes we just need to feel sad about something it's only human right? I'm not going to stop trying to help you but I'm not going to force myself onto you either. Just think of me as a..."

The girl put a finger on her chin trying to think of the right term. "Guardian Angel! Think of me as your guardian angel, someone standing by in case your in trouble." Alyssa nudged Karki in the shoulder trying to lighten the mood if only a little. "After all we can't just leave someone as childish as you alone now can we?" She had a daunting feeling that wouldn't work on someone as intense a Karki so before he could respond Alyssa stepped in front of him jumping on the notion that he hasn't eaten in days.

"How about we go get something to eat? All that angst is bound to make anyone hungry!"

Karki Eusith

Karki Eusith - RIP

K

karki.jpg

WHERE I AM: FML

The Good News is this little pain in the neck calmed down.

The Bad News is that she hasn't stopped with the push to be a sidekick.

It's like she needs it...

... damn...

She needs it. Great. Now I have to let her follow me around. I guess it's true. I guess the Force does have a sense of humor. I guess I could do it if I have to, but this is not going to help me deal with my issues any time soon. Never been any good around kids, other than when I'm working.

"Alright kid, if you're going to follow me around, you're not going to compare yourself to me. You're not going to compare your issues, you're not going to compare your strengths. We're two different people, two unique people and there is nothing wrong with that." I don't want her following me around, but if I'm being "Forced" to, then that is fine. Who knows, maybe it will help me deal with my issues. That doesn't mean she has to be little miss "I'm going to give you advice." I'm no good at taking it.

She's trying to get me to punch her, but I won't. I'm not going to take the bait.

"I'll buy you something to eat, no guarantees if I eat though..."

Alyssa beamed at Karki's cheap proclamation his mindset on his inability to keep anything down. After what he's been through Alyssa couldn't really blame him or truly doubt his words which may beg the question as to why she was smiling in the face of such a hard task? It was simple. Alyssa was taking Karki to a place with such amazing food that the body itself cannot resist its charms.

"Okay, then but I assure you when you smell the aroma of food flying through your nostrils I guarantee that you WILL eat!"

Alyssa took off down the street her mind set on a place so holy so beautifully golden its dishes rival those cooked inside the gates of heaven. Alyssa made it somewhat of a habit to find the best food joint on a planet and learn its location by heart just for instances like this when someone is in DIRE need of something to eat. Alyssa charged around a corner her favored destination sitting right in front of her in the form of a nice food speeder the sweet scent of fried Gizka cakes filling the air.

"No, no, no Karki I'M the one treating YOU! After all, this was my idea, right? Now come on so you can be whisked away to a magical flavored-filled land!"

Alyssa bolted toward the food speeder the Besalisk in front easily maneuvering around his kitchen with his four arms.

"I know you're probably skeptical but I promise this guy is the real deal!"

Karki Eusith

Karki Eusith - RIP

K

karki.jpg

WHERE I AM: FINE! I GIVE UP! YOU WIN!

My word this kid...

I could almost respect her persistence if I wasn't so stubborn myself. She's trying indeed, and that smell is indeed good, but I have no appetite right now. Oh well, maybe the effort will help her get over herself. I don't know what this insistence on eating is though, I mean sure, she's trying to get me to relax and open up more, it's pretty transparent, but I'm not the "foody" that she thinks I am... oh well.

"Whatever she wants, and a bottled water for me." Dropping some credits on the counter, it just occurred to me...

"If you even think you're going to order two entrees and then suddenly get full..."

Alyssa glowed as Karki slammed a fist full of credits on the counter evidently ignoring her protests about paying for the meal. Well, that's just too bad, sure would have saved Karki a whole lot of credits...too late now.

"You should have thought about my appetite before you stepped in to pay for the meal my soon-to-be creditless friend! Anyway..."

Alyssa's crimson eyes glossed over one of the menus tapped to the counter, stains, and other food articles caked up on its plastic inscription.

"I'll have two grilled fish steaks, Five fried Gizka cakes, A slice of meiloorun pie, Onderonian style chili, a large cola, and some meatballs-and you better add the barbeque sauce this time!" Alyssa stared closely at the menu her eyes still stuck to the page. "As for my sides..."

Karki Eusith

Karki Eusith - RIP

K

karki.jpg

WHERE I AM: ... really?

So, the kid can eat. No big surprise there. Even if it's not all for her, even if she thinks she's going to get me to eat some of it, all I'm going to do is drop more credits on the counter to cover the bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom