Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Hollow Stomachs and Hungry Beasts [Open to All]

3N4Hrpb.jpg

During a routine transport of passengers to Onderon, the 'Litany of Stars' suffers a critical failure as it slings past the orbit of Dxun. With the power disabled, the crew loses control of the ship and is pulled in by the gravity of the moon. Only a few escape pods are launched; those left aboard can only brace for impact as the spaceship enters the atmosphere. It collides with the dense jungle, coming to a screeching halt.

OOC Info: Brave the jungles of Dxun and try to escape as you ward off the moon's deadly predators. Jump in wherever you want, BYOO either working with or without people.

- - - - -
Alistair groaned as he tried once more to pry open the doors to the cargo bay. The doors moved only an inch before his makeshift crowbar snapped in two. He glared in frustration at the remains of his wrench before chucking it behind him, regretting it immediately as it reverberated with a loud CLANK. The noise made his pounding headache worse, and he gingerly rubbed his temple as he collapsed on a nearby pile of debris.

"Looks like stowing away wasn't my brightest idea" Alistair muttered. Not like he'd had a choice though, given his current financial situation. In fact, the ride hadn't been too bad until the ship had crashed. His memory was fuzzy, but he could recall that he hadn't been able to get to the escape pods. Too busy dodging the flying cargo apparently, as he had woken up buried underneath someone's luggage.

He frowned. Hopefully I'm not concussed he thought. He assumed he was thinking straight, but then so did every person he'd met with a head injury. Well regardless, I guess I better find someone. Nothing was broken thankfully, but he figured he would need medical attention eventually. He stood up, moving away from the door, and started climbing over the debris.

Grendel had been on Dxun for the past 2 months in hopes of becoming a better Mandalorian, He's been doing well so far having gained many new scars, however the jungle had claimed the ship he arrived on and was now beyond repair. Spotting the starship as it came crashing down to the moons surface, deciding to head to the crash sit to lend aide for Dxun is deadly even for the prepared. Arriving at the crash site and thankfully not seeing any predators yet Grendel made his way over to the ship in hopes of finding a way in.

Oblivion gave way to a flowing reality of steely plates and unknown faces. Head throbbing sickeningly, Onith found herself fighting to keep the world from spinning so violently. As her senses returned, the sound of moaning and distressed cries filled the dry air. The memory of where she was or why escaped her, but the simply clad traveller felt an urge to get away from the chaos. Onith wrestled with the metal restraints that held her fast and secure against the wall of this capsule. Not understanding the mechanism that held her fast, she simply strained at it, pushing with all the might she could muster in her state of confusion.

The minute seemed to drag on indeterminately as Onith felt hope dwindle within even as her sight began to clear. The faces around her were people similarly trapped against the wall, some sat comatose and limp while others were struggling to free themselves. A few cried out, but it appeared each person was focused so much on obtaining their own freedom that there was little concern granted to those about them. Onith was just one in about a dozen or so individuals, that she could see, pinned in place.

A brief thought came to her, even as her arms finally gave and flopped uselessly to her side. What had BR called this again? A life pod? It seemed such an alien concept, given their current circumstance, barred from life inside this metal tomb. Onith might have laughed at the idea, had she not been currently trapped within it. There was a loud crack that shattered through the sounds of injury and slow death. A voice somewhere beyond Onith's craning neck could see exclaimed in glee. Words poured from his mouth, their sounds at once unknown and grating to the pureblood. There was another pop and the clang of boots on metal floor grating resounded. The moans and cries gave way to excited gibbering and a cacophony of hope filled the tight interior of the pod.

Though the speakers made no sense, the lost warrior reasoned that they were working their way down the pod, releasing those still trapped. Eventually, a woman grinning wildly, despite a face covered in oil and grit, swam into Onith's blurry view. Arms barely covered in silken tatters jumped at the controls and within moments had hit some release that Onith had been unaware of. Meanwhile, she could hear other people letting themselves out, perhaps as the craze of fear and doomed mortality passed. It seemed a moment of hush came over the group, as families reformed and friends embraced after such an ordeal. A couple of loners, intently moving to the door, slid passed the others and began playing at the controls to the rear door.

Onith took a moment to look for her translator, BR-4, yet she could not see his worn and rusted form anywhere in the pod. Instead, a figure from the group of loners motioned to her and spoke frantically as he started yanking at a latch. The letters on the door were familiar, distantly similar to the alphabet she knew and comprehended, but still was nought but gibberish to her. In moments, a few of the group were calling out for something, perhaps assistance based on how others began to part from their own collectives and worked at the hatch. Buttons were pushed, levers pulled, commands relayed and yet the thin barricade to their freedom remained stoic and unmoving. Finally, somebody apparently had the idea to simply attack the problem more directly, as a burly man took hold of a loose durasteel rod and tried to bash the door. Distraught cries rose as the din reverberated around the pod and people clapped hands to their sensitive ears. After five strikes, the door gave as the blunt strikes found something and a series of small explosions catapulted the hatch outwards into the wilds beyond.

The air suddenly grew humid and warm as dust and particles were sucked out into the environment. At that moment Onith just barely stepped aside as the people rushed forward madly, suddenly overcoming their prior pain with ease. Not until they breathed the fresh air did the people finally calm into a wondered silence. The air and the sight of the crashed and battered pod behind reminded Onith of why she was here. BR and she were travelling to Onderon, hoping to find ancient artefacts.

The freed traveller turned to the group, some of the ship's crew working with a few others to set up some sort of equipment and pulling out a battered crate of supplies from their damaged prison. Onith knew they would not, or could not, understand her, but she had to find BR. Stepping up to a man in the livery of the Litany of Stars mechanic, she spoke slowly and tried to enunciate as best she could, ~Where is the rest of the ship? I need to find my droid.~

A wearied expression came over the man and he responded with a wave of his hand saying something offhandedly that Onith did not comprehend. However, any further attempt at communication was abruptly ended as new sounds replaced the background noises of the jungle. Rumbling of heavy footfalls, and high-pitched shrieks of terror filled the air. Some of the people produced small blasters, and a crewman rummaged through the crate of supplies for something as the first lumbering Boma beast emerged from the bushes and added its own inhuman yowl to the chorus of fear.

K-Tung

The sound of metal snapping reverberated through the cargo bay and penetrated the void of Ryn’s unconscious mind.

Following on the heels of the sound came other sensations.

Ah, feth. Now I know why people say all experience is pain..” Ryn groaned as he tried to sit up. He had ended up between grav sleds, the edge of one blocking another from having crushed him. His head rung, and he felt like his body was one bruise overlapping another from his hair follicles to his toe nails. He tried opening his eyes, only to experience a whole new dimension of pain as light stabbed into his mind. “…feth!

Ryn almost rolled back to his supine position, fighting to stay up by sheer force of will. Slowly, he pulled himself up. First to his knees, bringing more pain as he did, and then to his feet. He leaned heavily on the pallets around him and peered around. His eyes had adjusted, it no longer seemed bright in the cargo hold.

Movement to his left brought his head around fast, his hand going for his thigh. Both movements caught Ryn by surprise as he ended up flat on his butt with his headache spiraling to turn his vision almost black for a moment. Ryn clamped his lips on another curse, and pulled himself up.

Oy, you know what happened?” Ryn leaned on the pallet between him and Alistair Abbott Alistair Abbott . “I was checking on my cargo when…when I just woke up between crates…

U5cwxID.jpg

Objective:
Escape the Wreckage | Find Medical Help
Wound Status:
Head Injury (?Concussion) | Hand + Arm Lacerations
Equipment:
Traveller's Clothes
Tags: Ryn Odih <inactive> Ryn Odih <inactive>

QmjU4TC.png
Alistair hissed as piece of twisted metal cut into the palm of his hand. He pushed a little more, creating enough room to squeeze under the debris, before letting go. The metal groaned, but held under the weight. His path now clear, he inspected the damage to his limb. He stared down at the slow trickle of blood, grateful that it hadn't cut too deep. Another scar to add to the collection he thought. He'd accrued a fair number over the years, testament to a life of an engineer used to working with little equipment. I suppose I should be kinder to my hands he mused, ducking under the hazard. They are my livelihood after all.

He finally skirted past the largest of the barriers when he spied movement in the corner of his eye. He spun to his right, his hand instinctively going for the blaster pistol he didn't have. He came face-to-face with a startled man who fell backwards onto his bottom. Alistair resisted a strange urge to laugh, and relaxed as the the man started to speak.

"Oy, you know what happened?" the man said as he leaned on a pallet. "I was checking on my cargo when…when I just woke up between crates…" Alistair shrugged. "Your guess is as good as mine" he said. "We've crashed landed, but who knows where". His hand once again brushed past where his belt would be, missing the familiar feel of rough tools and the smooth handle of his blaster. It was weird walking around without its weight at his hips. He'd stashed his gear in a vent before take-off, worried security would get the wrong impression if he was caught armed. Looking at the warped metal walls, he doubted he'd be able to get them back any time soon.

He turned his attention back toward the stranger. He looked to be around the same age as him, though a little bit shorter. He had a typical spacer build, a certain wiry/athletic physique. He was human, or something close enough to human. He was also not pointing a blaster in Alistair's face, which made him a lot friendlier than the last couple of acquaintances.
"I'm Alistair" the engineer said. He stuck out his hand to help the stranger up. "Can you walk? I don't think its safe sticking around here".

As Grendel approached the fallen ship he decided to start at the cargo bay in part for ease of access and possible supplies. Approaching the cargo bay he noticed they were apart about an inch or so, deciding of the next course of action almost immediately Grendel stuck his hands into the gap and with herculean like strength and the sound of tortured metal the cargo bay door were finally wretched open with a loud bang.

"Hello is anyone still alive in there" Grendel called out.

" wait... tell me again i forgot already"
Elliot was stood up on the passenger deck of the plane when the crash happened. Needless to say, he sustained a few injuries when he was violently thrown in the wall of the ship as it met the ground. He was a little shock that he hadn't broken anything on impact but he certainly wasn't unscathed. A nasty laceration painted his upper left arm, presumably gained from a destroyed wall panel.

It took a second... or maybe it was a minute he couldn't tell how fast time was going in the moment, but he stood up, proving himself agains a wall so he wouldn't fall invade if any dizziness. There weren't many things of his in the cargo bay, but he wasn't going to carry ALL of his things during the entire travel , so a handful of his possessions were down there. Some pretty expensive things too. It was painfully obvious that they were not on Onderon so he thought it might be a good idea to try make his way down a few levels.

Only being an eyeliner distance from a staircase, he headed that way and descended . The cargo bay was in drastically worse shape than most of the ship, infsct it took him aback slightly. His ears caught wind of some muttering further down . The massive tear in the hind end of the ship created a glare that made it almost impossible to see anything down there, and he was aware that electricity is a pointless effort at the moment.

Despite his limited visual ability, Elliot still attempted to search for his things.
"And um where will my things be put? you know just i case ," He queried , an uncertainty lacing his tone .
a disgruntled sigh met his question " name?"
"hmm?"
"you name? i need your name to find it" the strangers eyes rolled in annoyance
"oh sorry! Elliot Fleming , F-L-E -"

"yeah, yeah i got i least kid, D34, column 3"
D34... D34 where are you....
"
i cant see anything" Elliot his to himself, upset that he still couldn't see anything. He was squinting beyond all belief but it didn't help what so ever. It took a while but he did find it, look up to the 3rd column and took the black back off the mostly broken rack.

"I'm Alistair" the engineer said. He stuck out his hand to help the stranger up. "Can you walk? I don't think its safe sticking around here".

Even through the pain, Ryn could feel @Alistair Abbott’s amusement, and he couldn’t help a grin himself as he tested his legs. He knew he had hit his leg, and his body took a beating being flung around in the crash, but he didn’t think anything was broken.

Ryn. Good to meet you,” Ryn chuckled, then nodded. “I’ll be a bit slow for a bit, I may have a sprain, and I feel like I’m all bruises, but yeah, we need to get out of here.

Ryn checked himself over with a critical eye once he was no longer fully leaning on the crate. He was dusty, and had drying blood on his forehead, but none anywhere else. He thanked the stars he had gotten that lucky. A cargo bay wasn’t the place anyone would want to be when a ship crashed. The final things he tested were his hands, he felt a twinge in his left arm when flexing his hand.

Here, we’re gonna need to get off of the ship, and we don’t know where we are just yet.” He used his thumb and forefinger to pull his left hand blaster from its holster and put it on the crate between them. He then pulled his right hand blaster, did a quick check over, and holstered it again. “I take it the bay doors aren’t moving,“ Ryn nodded the way Alastair had come from. “There should be an airlock on this deck if we move forward along the ship.

What had been a moment of hope and construction, with the various people who shared only their current circumstances in common working together to call for rescue, was shattered as the dark beasts of the wilds came. Piercing scarlet bolts flew as those few prearmed individuals let loose their fire at the lone boma that had stumbled upon them. The creature responded violently to the weak warding shots, flinching as the first blasts seared its toughened hide but swiftly turning to the offensive. The boma charged with reckless abandon at the closest gunman, biting off the man's hand halfway to the elbow. The beast retreated as the bark of a rifle rose above the din, three blazing rods of light slamming into the creature's hind leg. The wild animal barely limped two meters before it succumbed to its injuries, blaster fire finally burning deep enough to hit vital organs.

A hushed silence fell as the crewman, having pulled a compact blaster rifle from the kit, dropped it in surprise at how quickly the creature had fallen. Then came a flurry of motion as the disarmed person received treatment from various sources. The small med-pack tucked in the survival kit was quickly torn open and salves and injections were administered. Some more grizzled members muttered things under their breath, but Onith could only guess at what they spoke.

The once-warrior stood in the midst of the huddled group of noncombatants. She was convinced that if she had her powers she might have stood with the defenders, but such was the turn of fate that she lacked both her power and weapon. So, she reasons, it was prudent and indeed necessary to remain amongst the cowed and incapable.

Chaos rose as other creatures of the jungle wandered into the unnatural commotion. Cannoks, hoping for easy food, loped through the underbrush with vigour before scattering as the frightened passengers and crewmen fired indiscriminately. The relatively harmless beasts were slaughtered as those that could not escape back into the safety of the jungle were riddled with blaster fire.

Some individuals took commanding voices and placement as a quick discussion ensued. Onith wondered what they were speaking of, but no amount of her contemplation could penetrate that definite barrier of language. She surmised that two groups were forming and deciding on whether to stay put and defend this site until rescue arrived, or to find another more secure location. It seemed some were quite adamant on both sides, until a louder growl sounded from some depth of the jungles. The conversation ended pretty soon thereafter.

Onith, much to her annoyance, was given a pack of equipment to carry, a job that she thought well beneath her. When he voiced her reservations, it seemed the crewman divvying up the equipment found her accent most amusing. In minutes the structure they had been building sat disassembled and packed into bags and crates. A small caravan started into the jungle, three men with holdout pistols and the survival rifle took lead, with the other armed men spread out on the sides and rear. No one spoke at first, each left to their own thoughts and fears. This suited Onith fine, having little that could be said to any of her compatriots. But as time progressed, some voices were loosened and, despite the hushes and grunts from some of the guards, a quiet humming tune filled the forest around them. The melody was strange to her ancient ears, the closest to a song she knew was the ritualistic chants of her Masters. Though the sounds was pleasant, Onith found herself rather worried after finding her droid. Sliding to the edge of the group, she caught the attention of a crewmember with one of the pistols.

The man seemed kind enough, grease-stained but with a warm and open face. He gave a tired smile as she approached and he spoke calmly. Onith tried to smile in return, though her face only managed a weary sneer. Moving her hand to the man's cronometer and then pointing to the ship badge on his stained jacket, the scarlet-skinned woman asked, ~How long until we reach the ship?~

The man, seeming to misunderstand at first, began to take off his cronometer and pass it before realizing there was more. He said something while shaking his head. He pointed down the path they had already trod, before pointing at his badge again. He made a bump motion with his hand and pointed to the top, as if to say they were going to a hill. Onith frowned at this and pointed to the ship again, then pointed to herself and made a walking motion with her hand. The smile disappeared from the man's face and he shook his head emphatically, but Onith was already starting to slow down and pace to the back of the group.

The man barely let out a cry before someone quieted him and Onith disappeared into the underbrush. She had to find the crashed ship and her droid.

U5cwxID.jpg

Objective: Escape the Wreckage with Ryn | Find Medical Help
Wound Status: Head Injury (?Concussion) | Hand + Arm Lacerations
Equipment: Traveller's Clothes
Nearby: Ryn Odih <inactive> Ryn Odih <inactive> | Grendel Krayt Grendel Krayt

QmjU4TC.png
Alistair looked down at the blaster for a moment, raising an eyebrow, before picking the weapon up. "There isn't much down that way" Alistair said, gesturing back in the direction he' come from. "A large part of the ceiling has come down and-" he was interrupted by a horrible screech of metal that rang through the air. He looked up in confusion and alarm, until he realised it was the cargo bay doors being forced open. "Hello is anyone still alive in there" a voice called out. Alistair let out a sigh of relief. He looked down and noticed he was gripping the gun tightly, his knuckles white. He relaxed his hand and shoved the blaster in one of his larger pockets, the handle sticking out. "Yeah, there's two of us here! We'll head toward you" Alistair called back.

He turned back to the wreckage he'd just crawled through, his heart sinking. Getting through this obstacle was difficult enough alone. It seemed unlikely that he and Ryn together would get through unscathed. He paced for a moment, desperately thinking until he froze. Ahhhh feth he thought. I'm going to have to use my power. He turned back to Ryn. "Good call, looks like there is a way out back there after all" Alistair said. "I'm going to clear the way for us. Don't freak out, I haven't done this often and I need to concentrate". With that, he spun away from the man and took a deep breath. He held both arms out before the debris, fingers splayed. He reached out with his power. The force he reminded himself. That was what the old Jedi called it.

It wasn't like reaching into a computer, or a droid, with the force. That was easy - he could feel the sparks of energy and trace their function. The wreckage before him was dead, lifeless. Yet it had form, a shape, or so it seemed through his altered perception. He could feel himself grabbing the piece of twisted metal from before, but this time it didn't cut his hand. He took another deep breath, and willed it to rise.

Nothing happened for a long moment, then tangle of metal and cables began to shudder and groan. One of the larger sheets started to rise on its own, pulling up the rest of the barrier with it. After nearly a minute there was enough room to pass underneath, provided Ryn stooped forward. "You go first" Alistair gasped. "I'm not sure how long I can hold it".

"Yeah, there's two of us here! We'll head toward you"

Upon hearing the reply coming from the cargo bay Grendel smiled, at least there are some survivors he though to himself. The howls of Boma Beasts coming from the jungle tore Grendel's attention away from the ship and to the edge of the clearing as a pack of Boma beasts came bounding forward, the welcoming party had finally arrived.

With the arrival of the pack of Bomas Grendel turned to meet this new threat with gusto, the Bomas spotting dinner across the clearing began to yowl and make a racket before breaking out into a dead sprint towards Grendel. Grendel calmly drew both of his Vibro-axes and with his own thunderous roar began his charge like an oncoming avalanche.

Ryn nodded and felt the other pull on the force. The debris between them and where the other voice came from lifted and shifted until a tunnel formed that was large enough for him to get through while stooped.

Got it.” Ryn said, he moved forward, trying to balance speed with not pushing his bruised and battered body Past its current ability. When he got to about half way through he felt the shift as parts of the debris started to shift out of Alistair Abbott Alistair Abbott ’s grasp. Instinctively, Ryn breathed in a deep breath and then exhaled with both his lungs and the force, bolstering the tunnel as lightly as he could. He didn’t want to take the achievements from the other man.

Moments later, Ryn found himself near the doors, with a strurdy ceiling overhead.

I’m through, come on yourself. Be careful around the middle part, it’s shifty.” He called back. He pushed a little more to keep it as steady as possible with a light touch. The strain and the pain brought sweat beading on his skin, and he leaned back against a crushed maintenance bot to help support his weight.

Grendel Krayt Grendel Krayt

The gentle lilt of hummed song grew distant and faint as the thick underbrush and verdant fiolage swallowed all unnatural sound. Soon, the ambient sounds of the wilds and her own heavy breathing were the only sounds Onith could hear. The red skinned woman walked confidently through the wilderness, her mind focused on her goal rather than the surroundings. Nonetheless, some of the local fauna's musical calls and warning cries sounded strangely melodic, reminding Onith of the people she had so recently left. Music was not an a field she had given much credence to, excluding its purpose in ritual and traditions; to hear it so naturally expounded in a natural environment seemed at once strange and yet so very real. Perhaps there was something to be learned in it...

Casting her mind from the present, Onith felt the tendrils of past memories curl into her consious, the events leading right to this moment replaying as she endeavoured to guess where BR would have been after the life pod ejected...

---
She could once more envision the brightly lit corridors of the transport, claxons wailing as the floor bucked and wheeled. The rush of people threatened to crush the air from her lungs and Onith felt surprise that the worn translator droid somehow kept up with the crowd. A voice spoke over the intercom, and although she could not understand the words she could hear the fear in it. BR-4 walked behind her, its tarnished appendages squeeking as it struggled to keep pace.

BR spoke, the mechanical voice barely audible over the din, ~We are going to the life pods. They will protect us from the crash.~

Onith might have laughed had the situation been less dire, as it was she spat her response, ~I know what a life pod is, the Builders had them.~

A particularly violent shake caused a shriek to pass through the people and for a moment it seemed that the ship might crack. The people about scrambled with force as the crowd fell into total chaos. If she had been with her Predor, Onith would have cut down swathes of these people to clear a path. But now she was nothing and she was the embodiment of her will alone. It was but a few moments more before the collection reached the pods and people madly dashed to find safetly. BR and Onith managed to reach one, but a crewmember shoved the droid back yelling something at them and Onith was about to strike the man before her droid spoke.

~There is not enough room for non-organics. Master, go, I will find another pod.~

At this Onith would have pushed back out, but a sudden wave of people carried her into the safety of the pod and before she realized it a crewmate had locked her into a safety harness and was busily working on others. The pureblood glanced out the door one moment before the hatch sealed shut. Standing alongside a few terrified people, the droid remained still and placcid. With a final whoosh, the pod ejected.

---

Onith returned to the moment, the silence of her surroundings reminded her of the vigils she had held in the days under the Infinite Empire. She trudged forward, having passed the clearing with the escape pod. She was entering territory unknown to her and there were great predators about.

It took a few moment before the thought came to her. Moving as she was with no small amount of noise it was a wonder she survived that long. ~Where are all the sounds?~ It dawned, the quiet was not natural for a jungle. It was only normal when something was hunting. Suddenly very aware of her mortality and weakness, her head swiveled around looking for some sign of what might be hunting, whether it was another Boma or something else. She quickly changed her focus and gently brushed into some deeper foilage. She didn't wait long before slowly moving onwards, flitting from shadowed cover to thick trunks as best she could manage. Ahead she heard the yowl of some native beast and then the angered roar of something else. Perhaps that was a person who could point her to the ship.

As Grendel thundered across the cash site towards the five Boma Beasts, he activated his jump pack for a last moment burst of speed cashing into the lead Boma Beast. With a sicking crunch of breaking bone and tearing flesh Grendel used his superior size, weight and speed to trample the lead beast to death, only for the next two to leap towards him in hopes of bring Grendel down for an easy kill. Swinging both axes wildly Grendel managed to strike one of the Boma Beast in the head felling it unfortunately the other on that had leap clamed down on Grendel's arm luckily only getting the vambrace but pinning the arm. One of the Boma Beasts had tried to go for one of Grendel's legs only to receive a vicious kick to the face which caused it to gargle in pain due to a now shattered jaw.

The last Boma beast had actually slowed down and was making its way around the melee in hopes of finding an opening when it had spotted the open door in the crashed ship and proceeded to make its way over there in search for an easier meal. Grendel meanwhile had taken his axe to the Boma Beast on his arm finishing it without much trouble, then deciding on the one he had kick bringing an axe down on the creature. Turning around to make sure he had gotten them all Grendel spotted the lone Boma Beast nearing the ship Grendel shouted a warning to the two survivors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom