Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hoedown on Haseria

Z745JhI.png
w. [member="Daisy Americus"] | wearing: xxx
"Oh, nothing," Kaden replied, even though it was definitely not that.

The mandalorian thought it would be best if he did not vocalize what he had been thinking. Yes, both of them were well aware that he had been dead at one point. Kaden had haunted the poor blonde almost to the point of making her insane. While he regretted the damage it may have caused, Kaden was happy it led to where they were now, and now was what he wanted to focus on. They did not need the reminder he had been dead, how he got to be dead, and more importantly the woman that he had once been married to. It had been enough of a shock to Daisy when Kaden first told her the truth about his death. It was the one looming truth that always made Kaden feel shocked that Daisy would still allow him to get close, and close they had gotten.

Why else would Daisy think she could steal his hat in the manner she had. Kaden wanted to be angry, but instead he faked hurt.

"I suppose I deserve that after my ill timed chuckle," he answered as she put the hat on her head. "Right, attitude. I'll have to remember that when I get a new hat."

Another chuckle escaped his lips, and his eyes darted to Daisy with a look that dared her to follow through on her threat. Instead, the rose had her preoccupied. Yes, Kaden should have brought a gun or more knives. Nothing would have conveyed his feelings more than by giving her one of his twin pistols, though without her DNA coded into the reader, she would never be able to use them. That was a situation he would need to remedy one day. The pair fought alongside each other enough it would be smart, and yet, Kaden knew with Daisy it would also be more significant.

Perfect and kind. Those two words had never been used together to describe anything about Kaden or what he had done. The color creeping up on her cheeks was nothing compared to how the reaction to his gift and flattery came across their force bond. Kaden didn't say anything, he just filed it away. It seemed the blonde mandalorian could also enjoy things like flowers, though Kaden noted they needed to be on rare and special occasions. After all, they were still mandalorians even if there were those would call them dar'manda.

"You're right, we should."

Kaden started to move them toward the barn which hosted the dance. He shook his head at the ordinance remark, which he was careful not to chuckle at. While he knew Daisy was joking, he also knew there was more truth to the statement than jest. Her father and brothers all likely had weapons, slugs, and various explosives, all with his name on them waiting for him to slip up somehow. Rumor had it some of her brothers didn't wait for that either.

The distinct twang of the fiddles and banjos filled the air as the pair made their way closer. They had to pass the games which others seemed to be enjoying as they slowly walked past them and toward the dance which was already in progress. They would not have to wait long before the current dance ended and new one began. In the meantime, Kaden stopped for them to pick up drinks as they waited.

"Just so you know... this is my first dance, of any kind. I might be bad at this."

Kaden shrugged after his comment. The song was winding down and it was time for them to get into position for the next dance.

S2HVkpL.png
Wearing: (x) | Tagging: [member="Gianna Aegis"]

There was something, a touch at the back of his mind, like the lingering touch of winter on a spring day, the memory of a touch, of a tear. He couldn’t put his finger on it, every time John tried the feeling would skitter away, ephemeral like a mist. Yet every time it would come back, lingering on the edge of his mind, a thought, a memory that he couldn’t quite see.

The dark-haired cyborg’s breath caught in his throat as his eyes traced over Gianna’s features, looking for something, a sign, a crack in her mask. The woman was light and happiness, everything good in the world, and yet…and yet. John believed in science and technology, he believed in the products of his hands and his mind. It was impossible to deny the existence of the force, he’d seen to much, but never before had John wished that he could use the force, the clarity he hoped it would provide.
John would never invade Gianna’s privacy, would break her trust like that. Just, there were times he wished he could just get a sense of what she was feeling, what she was thinking. Just that touch of the force that seemed to give the Jedi that calm, that knowledge of the world around them that others could only dream of, that he could only envy.

The cyborg swallowed, dark eyes sliding away from Gianna’s tanned familiar features to take in the sight of he community that had come together. “Sometimes they get lost,” he agreed, “but they can always come back, if they want to. It might not be easy or fast but as long as they’re there for one another it’ll be ok.”

He could see it in their faces, the knowledge that no matter what the community would pull through, that there would be countless barn raisings, that the community would pull together to support one another through thick and thin. Only, John wasn’t so sure that they were talking about the community building the barn anymore. He had finally identified that emotion brushing against the edge of his mind, that seemed to surround the woman. Sadness.

Despite that, she still comforted him, tried to comfort him. Words that he’d heard before, words that had assuaged his mind before. Only, today was different. There was a break, a stutter in her voice, an uncertainty that left a chink in the appearance of confidence and certainty that Gianna wore. The pause that gave lie to the façade.

She wasn’t sure, she didn’t know it was going to be alright. Something had shaken the Jedi, taken away the certainty that was so much a part of her. She always knew what to do, how to act but now, however much she tried to hide it, something was wrong, something had thrown her. The worst part, she was hurting, that much was obvious to John, but she wasn’t willing to open up, to let him in to help.

Gianna had always been a rock, a safe shelter in the storm of the galaxy. When the pressure of work, of responsibility got too much, when he just needed to talk she’d always been there for him but now. In that one pause, the catch between words John could see how much effort she was going through to hide it from him, to protect him. It wasn’t audible, there wasn’t any physical sign of it, but in that moment his heart broke, went out to her.

He wanted to help, wanted to be there for her but…she was trying so hard to protect him. He couldn’t, he didn’t want to let that be in vain, to let her down like that. Maybe...no he couldn’t do it. John forced a smile on his face, it felt false, a shallow thing that it hurt to wear but, it was better than letting her see that moment of pain, of helplessness that welled in his core. If he couldn’t help, then he could at least play along, to help her that way at least.

His lips curled up into a smile that managed to reach his eyes, as a soft laugh escaped his lips. “Well, if they’re good enough to send you into a tizzy like that, I think I might have 3.” It was a familiar banter, the playfulness between them, as if nothing had happened, nothing was wrong. And for a moment it wasn’t as the man rolled his neck and nodded as he made for the nearest table, plucking up two of the cookies. The smile on his face seemed to warm as he turned to face her, taking in the sight of the woman basking in the sunlight that painted the field, her hat casting a pattern of waving shadows over her face. He could see her bright green gaze watching him as he stepped closer, holding out one of the cookies to her.

Him, she was watching him. The sadness that had been drawn around his friend was because of him. She was trying to protect him from something. Whatever it was, whatever had happened was terrible enough that keeping it from him cast a pallor over her, yet she was willing to accept that, for him.

The realisation was more jarring than he’d thought, the momentary shock increasing his grip on the cookie in his left hand shattering it into two as John dropped to a knee reaching out for the cookie, head bowed so Gianna couldn’t see the glistening in his eye as he blinked away tears. “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry.” He didn’t know what he was apologising for, the cookie, whatever burden she’d taken on, everything since Taanab.

I2u07Jz.png
Objective: Play Sabacc | Wearing: (x)
Tagging: [member="Ardasz Verd"] | [member="Mr. Antilles"] | [member="Darren Shaw"] | [member="A'Runda"]

The little quiet game of Saabac had seemed to have grown a little more than Lunara had expected it to, more players and even a spectator. This was a far cry from the games played late at night huddled around a bed. But the rules were the same right? No matter where you went, the basics were the same and that was something she could work with. At least, she hoped so.

The young woman reached for her glass against, lifting it to her lips as she took a slow sip, using the moment brought to settle herself again, to centre herself. A pair of crystal blue flicked between her companions as the woman swallowed. It seemed the two of them knew one another from before, there was a tension, in the air that spoke of a shared experience, unspoken words flying back and forward in the air. The tension was so thick she could cut it…well with her nail file as it happened.

A small smirk played over Lunara’s lip as she laughed to herself, placing her wineglass back on the table as she turned her gaze to the other arrivals. A masked man, a Tusken, she’d read about them before but just never had a chance to meet them. It wasn’t like many found their way out to Zernia, or well any to be honest. It took every ounce of willpower she had not to glance back at him, to let her curiosity get the better of her. It would have been rude and if there was one thing that had been drilled into her since her youth it was to never be rude.

Sheer force of will dragged her attention away from examining the Tusken to the Echani…the very very tall Echani. Well, this was quite the collection they were gathering together. To be honest, she felt a little out of place, everyone was so, unusual or colourful and well then there was her, just herself, not special, not unusual, not like her companions were at least. She’d always just been herself, but, that meant she was here playing a game of saabac in a cantina on a planet she’d never heard of before so…she had to be doing something right.

The white-haired sorceress reached out for her cards on the table, delicate digits plucking them up just peering at them before she laid them back down before she glanced back at Darren, “We’re just starting, if you’d like to do more than just observe?” her gaze cut over to Ardasz and the other woman…who was piling quite a profound selection of weaponry on the table in front of her. Ok, next time she left home she was at least bringing a hold-out blaster with her or something. “I’m sure the other’s wouldn’t mind? Especially since you seem to know the game?”

I2u07Jz.png
OBJECTIVE: Watch Sabacc Players | WEARING: XXX
TAGGING: [member="Lunara Azure"], [member="Ardasz Verd"], [member="Mr. Antilles"], [member="A'Runda"]
A lass that was fairly easy on the eyes, but clearly older than she acted, another lady who had a little more manners, asking me if I was sure to just want to stay out of the game, A tusken that clearly had a penchant for losing money, and clearly a hardy man who wouldn't take kindly to others cheating him out, but wouldn't bat an eye if someone cheated for him. I chuckled slightly at all of their words. Letting them come to my ears in turn.

"Miss, I thank you, but I am no gambler myself. I enjoy watching others win and lose at the table. I don't have the... aptitude for this kind of game. Mine typically are gambling your life."

Eyeing the man, we both knew of each other's "type" or how we would act. Scoundrel soldier who saw that actions carried consequences. And I had to respect that. Not just as an older individual myself, but also because I had once been in a situation such as himself.

"You are free to try my good sir. I'm here for fun. Not death's list of souls to claim."

I mostly ignored the tusken for the moment. We had no interaction, and so I desired to not make any. Considering that the soldier would be keeping eyes on me, don't want to make the situation any worse if I could. However, I looked over to the dressed up lass. Of the two ladies, she was older, but knew her strengths and would use them well.

"Such a hat for a lady such as yourself. This fashion of yours is quite... tasteful if I don't say so."

Grabbing a seat from a table, and pulling it up, I sat with the chair facing backwards. Resting my arms on the head of the chair so I wouldn't touch the table. As the cards were being shuffled and handed out by the man who was smoking heavily on the cigarra, I could smell the sweat scent that came from it. Reminding me greatly of when I used to use such products. As a Waitress was coming by, I gently reached out and grabbed her arm. She gave me a rude look as though I were some horn-dog.

"I am sorry Ma'am. I do not know your name. Nor do I feel like snapping at you is appropriate. However, would you mind getting a round of drinks for this table of whatever they would like? I'll take a Corellian whiskey stirred, with ice."

Looking to the other seeing if they would order anything. Considering I was buying for them a round, I hoped they would. Maybe get in good favors with these people since I wasn't playing and just hovering over them.

See with eyes unclouded by hate
I2u07Jz.png
Tags: [member="Ardasz Verd"] [member="Mr. Antilles"] [member="Darren Shaw"] [member="Lunara Azure"]​
After A'Runda sat down at the table he looked up to see a rather large individual make their way to them to watch the game. For someone like A'Runda he wondered why someone would want to spectate such an un-engaging game. Like he could understand gladiatorial combat but not this. Non the less he looked down at the cards that were passed to him.

When the dealer asked if everyone knew the rules A'Runda bit his lip and nodded nervously behind his mask. Since he honestly didn't know the rules very well. Perhaps that was going to need to be his ultimate bluff during this whole game. Hunching down to look at his cards reading that one was an ace, and the other was numbered a two. He didn't really know if that was a good hand or not but the ace was the highest number from his understanding. Which led him to believe that he had a pretty good hand.

After that he promptly faced the cards down and looked around at the others at the table, well except for the lady with the hat. He felt too nervous to look at her. Not that anyone could really tell what exactly he was looking at behind his goggles. Then looked back at the tall pale man who seemed to be buy everyone else some drinks at the table. However A'Runda had his doubts that they served fermented Bantha milk. Which is really one of if not the only alcoholic beverages a Tusken could get their hands on.

"Well I don't really drink so I'll need to politely turn down the offer."

S2HVkpL.png
Tag: [member="John Locke"] [member="Gianna Aegis"]​
A communal barn raising was the sort of quaint, backwoods kinda endeavor that Carbon hadn't exactly fancied partaking in. But he'd heard a saying once, about doing as the locals do, and so he - and his fireteam of cloned brothers - had done just that. Haseria had called, and they'd dived straight into the kind of grassy plains, livestock ranching, hillfolk twang sorta lifestyle that was to be expected. In fact, he dared to say they'd adapted almost too well. Finding out the most able-bodied individuals were to be directly involved in the raising meant the four clones would be on the frontline of this mission.

It was a mission of peace... and whiskey. Definitely whiskey.

Carbon had to shift out of the way of a scampering youth rushing to grab a box of tools for his father and mother, and as he spun with a lightness at odds with his robust frame, he nearly whacked his brother in the face with the back-end of a fresh sawed post for the framework; one he'd been carrying over his shoulder like a hitchhikers bag. "Whoops, sorry there." He says with a casual grin, all teeth and scruff. They'd even adopted the characteristic drawl of the area. It was like going on holiday, just with more manual labor. Twist, ever the offended party, merely rolled dark eyes at Carbon, and hefted his own post lazily across his arms as though carrying a particularly long rifle.

"You gotta be more careful.... cowpoke."

"You take that back."

"Shut up." The words were uttered with exhaustion from the third member of the train of clones, with a silent fourth in the back.

Laughing, deep and rich, he slowed to guide the group around a refreshment table as a stream flows around a rock. "Hey, buddy. Dropped your cookie." The cyborg already knew that, as he was apologizing - presumably for dropping it at the foot of the woman. He waved to them as he stopped, setting the post down into the soft earth as if planting a flagpole. A genial smirk plastered itself onto his scruffy face.

"And your dignity." Added Twist as he went by, earning a groan from the third. The fourth merely offered a wave as he went.

"Shut up, Twist." The smirk turned apologetic, and his eyes studied the cookie and cyborg, and from this distance, he was quite aware that something was wrong. He wasn't sure what, but their combined body language screamed 'unhappy.' "Don't mind my brothers. They're simple, uneducated folk. Much like myself." Which wasn't entirely untrue, considering their upbringing was little more than strategy, tactics and marksmanship. After a moment, he cast shadowed eyes down the path to make sure the clones were going to the framework before looking back to the pair again.

"I trust I'm not interrupting something... horrendously awkward for all involved."

All Things With Love
Codex Judge
S2HVkpL.png
Wearing: (xwxwxw) |
Tagging: [member="John Locke"] | [member="Carbon"]​

Gianna could feel prying eyes.

Every moment that passed in silence made it feel like a hole was burning through her being. She knew that John was too intelligent to overlook the smallest of changes. Every hesitation. Every change of subject. He was a scientist that tended to find the most final solution to any problem, under the guise, of making life easier. He wouldn’t stay in the dark for long. Not because she was a puzzle to solve, or a riddle, but because he worried. He cared. About her—Too much.

Emotions that had begun to build, unsteady, like a chemical bomb sluiced back to the present. Taanab had left both with a metric-ton of unspoken questions. Most of which, she could not, and would not answer. Gianna would suffer the truth in silence. It was all she could do. In the end, keeping John safe, whole, was all that mattered. It was what Jedi were designed to do.

Protect. Even, if that meant protecting him from her.

In a brief moment of foolish uncertainty, Gia, for all her well-meaning actions, could feel the threads of her illusion start to unravel. John had seen past it. Perhaps for the first time since finding her asleep in a medical tent. Bedraggled, drained, an exhausted. Her state after working herself to the bone had excused her distance. Now? She had nothing to hide behind. Just a memory. The feeling of arms wrapped around her. The feeling of his tears—And of the knowledge that he’d been tempted to massacre hundreds of people in her name.

The knowledge that this shift, no matter how slight, held a direct correlation to her person.

Her fault.

It was all her fault.

When he forced a smile she felt the tension ease. Slightly. If he’d asked her again in that moment, more than likely, it would have all come tumbling out. Gianna hated to lie. Omission, was a lie. It was horrible.

When John did speak, she let a laugh flow. It almost sounded normal. Her eyes remained hidden under the brim of her hat as often as possible. She would keep it that way. At least, until they stopped stinging. “You should. Better than my mother used to make.”, she tailed off, teasing, while moving to take another sip of water. Haseria was beautiful in her eyes, but, it was Force-blessed hotter than burning coals. Gianna was surprised with all the alcohol running around that people weren’t sick all over the place or passing out. John left, briefly, to check out the snack table and the young woman took the time to find composure. “Hey! Bring me one.”

Gia breathed in. Out. Rinse, repeat.

By the time he ducked back she was feeling a little more level. It wasn’t great. There was too much indecision and concern to call anything “great” in that moment. But, she would take what she could get. She reached out to take the cookie and was a little too slow to stop it from falling. Instantly, she could feel his sadness. Just as she could feel the unending happiness from the younglings, the joy from the patrons in the bar, and the families playing games, she could feel the heartache from the man before her.

It felt like she’d swallowed glass, and for that, she didn’t need to see his face. Instantly, she reached for his shoulder, because she couldn’t stand to see him upset.

“Hey…Hey—It’s just a cookie! There’s plenty more—”

She paused when a trio, no, a quartet of identical men arrived at the refreshment area. The jovial nature they exuded made it hard to be angry, even if, one of them said something about dignity that she didn’t quite catch. One of them apologized for the behavior of the other but Gianna felt a little like a Loth-Cat caught in the path of a speeder. Her mouth opened and closed a few times, like a fish out of water, before a rosy blush stole across the tops of her cheeks. “N-No. You didn’t interrupt—Just a little clumsy after walking around in the heat all day.”

“We’ve spent the last few months on Naboo.”

More fibbing. Great. Mixed with truth. Everything was obviously…Not all right. But, at least, they had spent plenty of time on Naboo after the war. That part was true, and, could easily back up why they didn’t have legs or stamina for a proverbial dust bowl. “I’m Kn—Gianna. Gianna Aegis.”

She’d almost said Knight, forgetting, that she was keeping her status as a Force User under wraps.

“You can call me Gia if you like. And this is my friend John Locke. It’s nice to meet you.”

For everything that could have been said about her moments prior, her greeting, and the inherent kindness that followed was entirely genuine. Her face changed, the shadows faded, and her eyes glimmered with the cheerful demeanor she was known for.

In all honesty—She could make friends with a rock and love it forever.

Probably had.

S2HVkpL.png
Wearing: (x) | Tagging: [member="Gianna Aegis"] | [member="Carbon"]​

John could feel the soft familiar touch of Gianna’s hand on his shoulder, the same touch that had always been there to comfort him in the past. From a failed experiment, a loss of a project to the memories that haunted him, the woman's presence was an anchor that he knew would always be there, would always support and comfort. The cyborg’s dark eyes dropped down to stare at the golden crumbs now decorating the green carpet, like stars decorating the velvet carpet of the sky.

One of his hands reached down, metallic fingers brushing across the crumbs as if he were knocking them aside. The stars, that symbology always ended up reminded John of Taanab, of the nightmares that still haunted him at night, left him screaming, waking in a cold sweat. Once, once the stars had been a source of hope and wonder, of boundless opportunity and potential. Now though, that hope had been tempered, a darkness drawn across the youthful ideals, the stars still held limitless potential and adventure but danger and the fallacies of the galaxy were all too familiar to John now.

Gia knew, perhaps the only person who did, the only person who John had trusted with this, who the man had felt he could trust with the truth of his nightmares, of the dark bags beneath his eyes. Anyone else might have been waved off with a story about working in his lab till late, something he’d started doing so he didn’t have to sleep to replay that moment again and again.

This had been meant to be a break for them, a chance to leave those worries behind and focus on something else. Something positive and whole but it seemed like there were chains that neither of them could ever escape from.

John had never voiced the words aloud to anyone, not even his friend, but when he looked at her, when he thought about her Gia was light. She was the goodness in the galaxy and now there was something there that hadn’t been there before. A sadness, a barrier unlike any she’d ever shown him before.

It was because of him, because she was trying to protect him that the sadness had developed that clouded the light.

And he didn’t know what to do.

It wasn't something John was familiar with, comfortable with, he always knew what he wanted, what he needed to do. Give him a problem, electrical or programming, ask him to discover how to twist the galaxy around them and John would be happy to crack it for you. But this, this was a problem he didn’t even know how to approach, didn’t know how to get a grip or a handle on it.

Something he’d done, a darkness that he’d caused. For a moment John felt like he couldn’t breathe, couldn’t focus, his mind running round and round that truth. It was because of him that the sadness had seized Gia.

The cyborg glanced up, a question on his lips, a query, a plea for the truth, to let him know what was wrong, what had happened. The only question that mattered dying on his lips as a voice cut through the cocoon that had grown up around them.

Dark eyes cut to the side as 4 Mandalorians, 4 of the workers helping build the barn walked by, cutting into the moment. John could feel the words dying on his lips, the questions, the moment collapsing in on itself. IT all came as a little shock to the man, his mind taking a moment to catch up to clear itself of the debris of that cocoon.

Luckily she was there, Gia swooping in to protect him again, buying John the precious moments he needed to right himself, push himself up of the grass as he shook his head, both answering the man and shaking his brain into action. Deep breathe and let it out, focus on the now and deal with everything else later. The moment was gone, but the questions remained, a burning query that seemed to sear at his soul. Waiting there at the back of his mind.

The cyborg held up a hand, metallic fingers catching the light, a dull glint as his prosthetics caught the light, as they clenched into a fist. It was a point of pride for him to not hide the replacements that had saved his life, a badge of honour almost...but he'd never been glader to have them on display.

“My fault really, even after all this time sometimes I just forget how strong they can be and get a little clumsy. You won’t believe how many mugs I’ve ended up shattering by mistake.”

The cyborg let his hands fall to his side,, eyes running over the wood in their hands, a smile curling up the corner of his face. It was a mask, a veneer painted over the raw emotions but it would be enough for now. John wasn’t sure if he should thank the men or curse them for their interruption. He just knew that realization would haunt him, one more wound from the planet, from the conflict that just seemed to keep giving.

"I guess the heat got to me more than I thought," John raised the bottle of water in his other hand, taking a sip before shrugging, a easy smile settling on his features as he nodded at Gia, "you already know my name, but I'm John."

S2HVkpL.png

Tag: John Locke Gianna Aegis

He continued to smile at the pair. There was just something off about their demeanor. It's why he'd come over, truthfully. There was plenty of work to be done, but when a pair of people were as lost in their own little world as they were, someone had to drag them out of it. Whatever it was, he'd clearly brightened Gia's mood, so he supposed a small victory was still a victory. The man with the metal arm though, well, he was still a bit like a Trandoshan on Glee Anselm. His midnight black eyes studied them a little long, and his smile fell into a half-smirk, the left corner of his lips curled ever so faintly in amusement. Those eyes, though, softened, as if he understood the moment was a raw one.

"Ya ain't gotta lie, John." He replied, "I ain't here to pry."

Whatever it was she was trying to help John with wasn't his business. But you didn't get that upset over a cookie when your life was in order - he might have been a clone, but even he knew that much about people. "I'm Carbon." He replies, pulling a glove off his right hand to offer it out to them both to shake. It was a characteristically broad, calloused paw of a hand, but his grip was sure rather than crushing. They could shake, or not. That was up to them.

"My brothers," he continues, taking his hand back to tug the canvas glove back into place, "are Twist, Second and Cliff." He pointed to them in succession, going down the line of clones that had passed them early. Thankfully, John seemed a bit better now that Gia was better. The victory wasn't quite so small now.

"Cliff don't talk much, and Twist is a... well, he's got a mouth on him, but Second is sensible enough." He smiled again, showing the white caps of his teeth through his short beard. "I suppose robot parts can't replace how much water still makes up your body, huh?" With one hand still gripping the wood, the other settled down atop his belt casually, stance widening to the width of his shoulder's while he rocked his hips ever so slightly, one side to the other. Clearly, standing completely still wasn't his strong suit. It was a fidgeting movement he didn't even seem to realize he was making.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom