Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

History/Timeline Addition to Detail Major Events to Worlds

I think having some basic information anyone wanting to use those planets may care to know about would be handy. Not talking wiki level for every single thread but just enough so that someone knows what condition important canon planets like Corellia are in. My very first thread was on Geonosis and I was worried I was missing some information of any changes to the planet done in Chaos. I checked to see if it was in any faction on the map but other than that there was no way to tell so I just had to hope for the best.

Bunker-level Normal
[member="Samka Derith"]

Samka Derith said:
I think having some basic information anyone wanting to use those planets may care to know about would be handy. Not talking wiki level for every single thread but just enough so that someone knows what condition important canon planets like Corellia are in. My very first thread was on Geonosis and I was worried I was missing some information of any changes to the planet done in Chaos. I checked to see if it was in any faction on the map but other than that there was no way to tell so I just had to hope for the best.
This is probably the biggest reason to have some kind of lore reference page for every planet on the map. Honestly, if it only covered doms/invasions, battles (that they happened), approved locations (including headquarters of approved companies) and event lore, it'd probably be enough. Linking to the appropriate threads would almost be mandatory, I think, which also frees up whatever lore page to be objective about the status of battles (they happened, but how they finished is up to the reader to decide).

Honestly, a wiki could be well used if you put the entire codex in a wiki. Then linking all the items wouldn't be so difficult, and changes would be easy to do. The hard part would be the initial entry, and finding a way to transition from the board (and how to manage the wiki, whether everyone could edit or only CJs, etc). Of course, the staff would have to be satisfied that a wiki would do the Codex justice, and not cripple the influx of submissions/modifications.

Darth Carnifex said:
You're despicable.
Pot meet kettle.

On subject: A wiki would be nice, however, I saw what it would take when an attempt was made at compiling information from multiple angles in order to cram everything in from a singular event.

This was attempted before.

One day Chaos will get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom