Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

History/Timeline Addition to Detail Major Events to Worlds

I don't know how seriously this suggestion might be taken, but after the Brokellia/Corellia sub, it got me thinking. What if there was a section on the site devoted to keeping track of major changes or events on worlds on the map? I know, as someone who likes to keep up with the state of worlds, it would be useful for writers both new and old for setting and backstories and such.

I'm not suggesting going through every private thread for every minute change to a world, but some events that hop to mind that could be included in this are things like Tython being turned into a Star Wars version of Mordor during the Netherworld by the Sith, the creation of the massive dark side nexus on Fresia that was caused by Darth Ferus slaughtering a good part of the population, the major invasions on Coruscant, and so on and so forth.

I don't know, maybe it is just the historian in me, but I really do feel like something like this would be helpful. Maybe I'm just rambling.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]
This was the intent of the lore areas. The problem we found was one of balance. That is, the way an event is told can be rather different between different sides.

For instance, the recent invasion of Coruscant, if recounted by a GA member would be very different from an OS member. Who is right? CJs, as you know, are not there for subjective analysis, they deal with objective facts.

How to get around this, and also allow people to edit in the histories of multiple events on a single planet is...tricky.

If you have any suggestions I'd like to hear them.

We're going to have this conversation a lot as we grow, but I just don't think this community is at the size where it can successfully manage a wiki without the whole thing falling apart.

Wikis are like, full time jobs. They suck to administrate. No, nobody's looking for wiki staff volunteers right now, don't bother.

But ultimately, that's what we would need. A wiki.

I think the Codex is fine for now.

[member="Ra Vizsla"]

I wasn't thinking of a whole wiki style of thing, more like an index with a few quick blurbs about anything significant that happened on a specific world. Nothing truly in-depth or detailed because that would be a nightmare to manage most likely

Why not just issue a requirement that such a submission must be a collaborate effort between at least two members of either side, in a situation like an Invasion, skirmish, or what have you? Then you have at least some balance of bias when it comes to the submission itself, or at least in theory.

Or in a MUCH more complicated manner, give a thread link to relevant events in such a submission, so that a judge might find characters within the thread(s) that they might be able to ask about in regards to the event, using their testimonies in like, a pseudo-jury manner and from those opinions ask for appropriate edits to the sub-missioner... or something.

Or maybe getting the written "consent" of other writers involved in the thread below the submission itself, ensuring that they have read and agreed with it, or if they have read and didn't agree with an aspect of it, use their one post voice such an opinion. Perhaps for the sake of simplicity, only four "signatures" are needed before it can be judged?

Just spit balling ideas that come to mind as a solution that ISN'T a wiki page as has already been suggested.

Bunker-level Normal
[member="Taeli Raaf"]

I tried this a while ago, and got very little response. But let me know if you want to take over the Wikia wiki I set up for this very purpose and I'll transfer ownership. I'd be happy to help out as well if you need.

Zagara Vao

Writer account. Check my characters out!
It'd be extremely helpful and informative (especially to someone as anal about detail as I am), but also extremely tedious.

[member="Ra Vizsla"]

Think of all the power and glory that comes with running a wiki. The power, the power!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom