Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hidden Defence [Open to Mandalorians. PM otherwise for Invite]

Weeks of work and tweaking numbers drew Mia to Aeten II. The Liberty's Veil dropped out of hyperspace flanked by two Shantual class Cargo shuttles. A simple transmission to the mining facility on the surface gave them a heads up that Mi and her team were coming to collect their goods. Docking with the station, Mia disembarked and moved to meet her team from the cargo shuttles @[member="Davin Skirata"] and @[member="Aran Ordo"] as well as the man who ran the mines.

"You've no idea how glad I am to see you." The sullustan miner grasped Mia's hand briefly and nodding to her companions "We've got a problem."

Mia glanced at the others "Its never a good day when someone starts it with a problem." She half jested though her face was stern and she watched the agitated Sullustan as he almost hopped form one foot to the other.

"Imperial troops have infiltrated one of the mine and are trying to make off with some of our stygium. We're doing what we can to slow them down but we simply haven't got the fire power."

Mia shook her head "Fething empire just can't lay down and die can it. All-right, arm up lets remind these hut'uun who they're messing with."

[OOC: Thought I'd make it a bit more interesting. Eliminate the threat so mining can continue.]

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
@[member="Mia Monroe"]

Aran's face was stern behind the T-shaped visor of his blue and red armor. His eye ever scanning the area as Mia spoke with the sullustan.

He was listening and when Mia spoke about arming up he was ready. His assault rifle with underbarrel grenade launcher was in hand while his beskad and various grenades hung from his belt.

"Aye ma'am." He said as he brought his weapon tonhis shoulder and began the tactical walk toward the mine.

It was imperial clobberin time.

Phantom

P
The Sullustan fell to the floor under the weight of the Stormtrooper's heavy hand, collapsing into the warm, scorched sand beneath them above one of the mines on the planet's surface.

Phantom heard the crack, his eyes flicking up momentarily from watching a hypnotic river of lava in the distance, flowing down from a small volcanic outcrop.

He didn't react and turned away slowly to look out over the Imperial operation he was now part of; shipping out as much stygium as possible. He didn't ask why they wanted such a powerful material and he probably didn't want to know, but he was being paid well enough to simply help navigate their way to the mine and act as a barrier between anyone trying to stop them.

His greatcoat flapped softly in the humid wind. His thin durasteel mask on the right side of his face seemed to burn softly onto his skin, and a gloved hand reached up to gently rub around the scars under his mouth. Such a planet with an atmosphere as Aeten II wasn't ideal for him, but it was a job.

Looking down to the mine, the Imperials were well on the way with their operation. A number of troop transports and a couple of gunships could be seen from where he stood, but he didn't count on there being much more. The Sullustans weren't going to prove difficult to keep at bay, and then he could take his prize and get off the planet.

He gently stroked his lower jaw as he watched the Imperials down below.

@[member="Aran Ordo"]@[member="Mia Monroe"]

From the depths of Hyperspace surged forth a single Corvette, affectionately dubbed "The Blue Krait" by its owner Isley Verd. 'Twas from within the hangar bay of this vessel that the Mandalorian embarked; bringing the engines of his starfighter to life and piloting it down into what remained of Aeten II. After a very brief venture through space, the vessel touched down upon one of the station's landing platforms and Isley quickly disembarked in order to rendezvous with his compatriots. Swift, confident strides bore the beskar-clad warrior to the side of the former Manda'lor, @[member="Mia Monroe"], and he regarded her with a silent nod of respect. To say the least, this was her show, and so he'd be following her orders for the time being. Loosing his saberstaff from its place upon his utility belt, he broke his silence with a single phrase.

"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."

@[member="Mia Monroe"], @[member="Aran Ordo"], @[member="Phantom"].

"Oya!" she muttered in response to Isley, the glare she shot at him hidden beneath her visor.

Mia followed the Sullustan to a transport that carried them from the docks to the mine, pausing behind a ridge out of sight and earshot of the Imperials. She beckoned the othersforwards, laying on her belly at the ridges top to peer below. "Wayii" she breathed softly. That was a lot of troops just for some stygium. They didn't have the fire power to deal with it head one, that much was for certain. What they needed was a way to reduce the oppositions number with one shot, then maybe they could chase the rest off with their tail between their legs.

"What've you got in the way of explosives?" she asked the sullustan who almost grinned in response. Mia nodded. "Alright, Aran work with the miners to plant the explosives on the transports, make it as big a boom as you can. Isley, we're going to create a diversion. By which I mean we're going to drop in the middle of them and create our own chaos. Any questions?"

@[member="Aran Ordo"] @[member="Darth Metus"] @[member="Phantom"]

Following the lead of the former Manda'lor, Isley knelt down to the earth and placed his attention on the Imperials mustered below. Mia was right, there were just too many to take in a gunfight; even with a Master and a former Manda'lor working together. Explosively dwindling their numbers was a smart choice, and when given his task the Mandalorian simply nodded in acknowledgement and said. "Got just the thing to help." Once the words had escaped his lips, he simply tapped upon the micro-datapad affixed to the underside of his right gauntlet, awakening a rather hulking beast from the hangar of his corvette. Cin, his refitted Basilisk War Droid, powered up via his remote command and eagerly dove out of the hangar, engaging its high-boost engines in order to reach its master's location as swiftly as possible. To those below, the sight was reminiscent of an asteroid's fragments entering the upper atmosphere; and it was enough to at least draw a few glances skyward and away from the ridge.

"Bes'uliik inbound. Lead the way, Ori'vod."

@[member="Mia Monroe"], @[member="Aran Ordo"], @[member="Phantom"].

Phantom

P
Walking past a small squad of Imperials, Phantom was going to head on down to the mine itself and get involved with the extraction itself. He'd be more useful around the source of activity rather than standing around waiting for something to happen.

Steadily stepping down the incline leading deeper to the surface, away from the ridge he was standing on, he caught the sight of something in the sky; a small, yet somehow beautiful sight. Space debris? Asteroid?

He stopped with a few of the Imperials and looked up at the streaking trail, something of a natural moment of peace in a busy operation.

Phantom brought his eyes back down to the planet, slowly letting them traverse the terrain around him including the crevices, small volcanic mountains and higher ridges surrounding the mine. Why did he get the feeling they were being watched...?

He picked up his pace back down to the surface leading to the mine, pushing a group of cuffed Sullustans out of the way as he did.

Not Ordo

@[member="Darth Metus"] @[member="Mia Monroe"] @[member="Phantom"]

Aran looked back to see the inbound Besuliik and thought that his Aliit'Buir would be proud. He slid up beside the to veteran warriors and listened to the plan. Explosives were good, but the hulking form of a Besuliik in action was better. The shock rod generators in the Droids nose were powerful enough to rip holes in capital ships at close range. the Imperials wouldn't know what hit them.

"Orders, Ma'am?" Aran asked Mia. he was ready to go.

Mia glanced upwards and smile forming on her lips. "The bes'uliik is a distraction, plant the explosives. Then see what you can do about freeing those prisoners." As she spoke she pulled three grenades from her belt. Pulling the pins she luanched the down the ridge, the explosion rising a cloud of dust to serve as cover.

"GO!" She shouted coming to her feet and sliding down the other side. Blind blaster fire peppered the ground around her. Using rocks for cover, Mia returnes fire in short bursts. Moving continously, thermal sensors in her HUD helping her find her targets.

@[member="Aran Ordo"] @[member="Phantom"] @[member="Darth Metus"]

Phantom

P
The explosion came first, sending a shockwave and a few unlucky Imperials forwards across the harsh terrain. Then came the blaster fire. Heavy fire from behind the curtain of dust and smoke.

They were being watched, and it was an open assault on the operation.

Phantom wasted no time and rolled down the final few yards of the incline towards the mine and crawled behind a large cluster of boulders. The Imperials were already bringing in their heavy weaponry to the mine itself to defend the inside, and the Stormtroopers started to openly flank the area, firing wildly towards their attackers in a hope to hit a lucky target and keep them at bay.

His Force 4 heavy blaster wasn't going to be enough to do any damage of sorts but it would have to do for now. He pulled his sidearm from his thigh holster and held it high, his masked face leaning out, watching and waiting for something or someone to show their face so he could put a blaster bolt through it.

Bolts spat up the ground around him and sent splinters of rock into the air. He never took his eye from the dispersing dust the explosion.

It was then he swore he saw the distinctive look of a T-shaped visor, at least it looked liked one, sliding down an incline under cover fire. A Mandalorion. Great. The Imperials weren't cut out to tackle warriors like this without being prepared first.

Phantom reclined back and reached into his greatcoat, pulling out a comlink. Thumbing the activation button on the side, he spoke softly yet firmly.

"Mandalorions on the ridge above the mine. All firepower on that ridge."

He didn't wait for the reply, and just hoped the Commander had heard him.

He leaned back out, ready with his blaster and spoke to himself this time;

"Ne shab'rud'ni."

@[member="Mia Monroe"]@[member="Aran Ordo"]@[member="Darth Metus"]

Jak Skirata

J
Of course he had been studying up on the properties of the Stygium crystal. Of COURSE an imperial remnant faction just happened to be trying to take Mandalorian stygium. And of COURSE he would be here without his armor. Captured with a various amount of other miners. Luckily he still had his TR-97 on. Hopefully someone was receiving his location through their own HUD, after all, there was a scheduled pick-up of the mysterious ore today, on its way back to Mandalore to be sorted and given to the only two companies that would buy the ore in their territory. With a sigh he looked down at the stun cuffs around his wrists. Looking up to an Imperial soldier, his eyes narrowed. He hopped the rest of the Mando'ade got here soon.

They were beginning to look impatient.

Not Ordo

@[member="Mia Monroe"] @[member="Phantom"] @[member="Davin Skirata"] @[member="Darth Metus"]

Aran was over the ridge and sliding down the slope along with Mia. Dropping the spoons on his own grenades he tossed them down towards the troops below. Blasters bolts sizzled on the air as he raced onward into the fray.

On the mark of the former Manda'lor, Isley reached for his utility belt and gave the CZ-BTN Bothan Cloaking Device which hung from there a pat, activating its stealth field. In but the blink of an eye, the wall of dust and dirt which resulted from the explosion served as insurance whilst his stealth generator afforded him a few precious seconds of invisibility by the naked eye. Alongside the former leader of their people, Isley slid down the surface of the ridge and dove into action, grasping one of his CZ-835 Machine Pistols. It was intentionally silenced in order to afford him a little bit of tactical supremacy, which maximized the element of surprise that the Mandalorians had going for them. One by one, Isley peppered the Imperials with rounds from his machine pistol, completely veiled from view by his stealth field.

Then, just as the masked man came into his line of sight, the Cin Bes'uliik completed its descent and landed with a mighty thud. A mechanical "roar" filled the air momentarily before Isley tapped upon his wrist-mounted terminal, giving it a distinct attack order. Oh, the Imperials were in for one of the worst days of their lives, for Cin focused its full attention on the meager defense being put up at the mouth of the mine and unleashed the fury of its Shockwave Generator Rods and Pulse-Wave Cannons. The word "ragdolling" adequately described the Imperials who were met with the wrath of the hulking War Droid, and it continued to boldly advance into the mouth of the mine; clearing the way for the Mandalorians.

@[member="Mia Monroe"], @[member="Phantom"]

@[member="Isley Verd"] @Phantom @Davin Skirata@[member="Aran Ordo"]

Where Isley went silent, Mia made noise. There were some who believed it was better that your enemy didn't know where you were, but Mia disagreed. She liked her enemy to be able to see her, she wanted them to know she was coming she wanted them to make it hard for her just so that she could smile when she'd beaten them.

The bes'ulik dropped in and unleashed hell upon the mouth of the cave and Mia cursed. "Verd!" she shouted "Have it target the transports, there are hostages in that cave, I'd rather we didn't bury them."

[OOC: sorry for the delay and short post guys, muse went for a hike and RL got hectic]

Straightway, the Mandalorian issued the order to his War Droid through remote access, as he had elected to continue to place his focus upon stealth. With but an elementary tap upon the micro-Datapad affixed to his wrist, Isley commanded the Cin Bes'uliik to abandon it's forward assault on the mouth of the mine and to place it's attention on the transports. With thunderous bounds, it complied, rushing across the distance whilst unleashing hell upon the Imperials unfortunate enough to be caught in it's path. Upon landing at the site of the transports, the War Droid continued it's onslaught, stomping and blasting the opposition relentlessly. All the while, Isley continued his covert assault, relying upon the few precious seconds of cloaking he had left in order to gun down as many Imperials as possible.

[OOC;; Pardon the mobile post all]

@[member="Mia Monroe"]
@[member="Phantom"]
@[member="Aran Ordo"]

Isabet Denko

Olaror shal ni, vod.
Isabet ran into the mine, wasting no time. Without even thinking she slipped straight down the ridge her vod previously stood on. It was her intention to aid in freeing the minors. Using the various fire power for cover, she focused her attention on making her way toward the mouth of the cave. The thunderous claps did nothing but focus her mind on the task at hand.

@[member="Mia Monroe"] @[member="Isley Verd"] @[member="Aran Ordo"] @[member="Davin Skirata"] @Phantom

sabrina

Sabrina was already in the mine, when the alarm sound came. She had been talking to a captain markus, trying to recruit him to her master forces, know that the empire had fallen. She was one many apprentice, who been sent out to try and find the remnants of the sith empire. They hoping to get as many as possible onside, before they turn into nothing more than bunch pirates and raiders.
She did however not want to be recognized, by the mandalorians who have come for the crystals as well. As she may need to infiltrate them in the future, so she had no desire to be held in combat, as that may lead to her be captured or worse.
As the sirens sounded, the captain got onto consul and started keep track of his men, and turned to Sabrina and said If you want to prove to us, that your worthy of serving, help us here and know. Sabrina gave slight smile and nodded, It would be my pleasure to help, but keep them droids loading the crystals, as we do not know how many their are.
With that Sabrina that covered her, nose and mouth with a piece of cloth in her hood, and head out to help the imperial troops. She had only just recovered form last expedition, and she fighting mandalorians again, she was still scared of them.
@[member="Mia Monroe"]

Ori'Alor Tal'Verda

Leader of the True Mando'Ade
Alliera Verd was one who held grudges for a long time, so when a call came out that Former 'Mandalore the Liberator' needed help securing a Sygium mine...Alliera almost ignored it, but the Imperial Remnants were there, and had some miners hostage. So before she knew it, Alliera was setting the frieghter gently down in the landing area for the mine, not showing up on sensors due to the special nature of the ship. The hatch dropped, and a Black and Red Blur sped out of the ship and into the mines. Alliera was tearing up a little as she rode into the mine, the Snake Eyes Tumbler she was using had been Rach's, and she could almost smell him on it. Alliera jumped off of the Tumbler as it flew over the ridge, landing among the Imperials, and using her Fett Kal Trench Knife to quickly dispatch the 2 sith in her immediate visinity. THe Snake Eyes Tumbler eventually landed, or crashed rather, into an unoccupied spot on the floor.
@[member="Mia Monroe"] @[member="Isley Verd"] @[member="sabrina"]

Phantom

P
This wasn't what he agreed with the Imperials - to fight a damn war!

He was pushed back with his limited firepower, his own Force 4 sidearm and a fallen E-11 blaster to take on the might of the Mandalorians and that War Droid. Tearing up the bodies unlucky enough to be caught in the carnage. Kriffing Mandos.

Phantom looked around and decided the best chance he had to was to get into mine. He couldn't run; he hadn't been trained as a coward, but he wasn't stupid enough to be out in the open.

Turning and using the warm rocks as cover, shielding himself from stray blaster bolts, kicked up dirt and fire, he ran to the mine entrance. Besides him, a huge Tumbler craft impacted on the ground, crushing an unlucky few and spewing out smoke and dirt, blinding Phantom for a moment and sending him to the floor.

Looking up, his path was clear. He touched the mask on his face just to be sure and pushed himself up, darted forward towards the mine, when he nearly ran headlong into a woman, covering her face, coming outside.

He raised his blaster and just looked at her, finger hovering over the trigger. Friend or foe? She didn't look like an Imperial or a Mando, but then again...nor did he.

@[member="sabrina"] @[member="Alliera Verd"] @[member="Isabet Denko"] @[member="Isley Verd"] @[member="Mia Monroe"] @[member="Aran Ordo"]

sabrina

Sabrina looked at @[member="Phantom"] answer ​friend, as to answer anything else would be stupid, as she answer foe he would of took a shot at her. She was getting ready to kill him, as she only new he was not a imperial, and she no idea who he is. Then all of sudden an imperial storm trooper, ran to side and it looked like he new him, as started to fire from his position.
Sabrina then looked out at the battlefield, it was lost already, the war droids had cut their path. Sabrina was unsure of herself, if she had the ability to take it down, and decide she was not going to risk her life finding out. She then looked at the mercenary and the trooper, and politely suggested, I think we should withdraw into the mine? She new their would be air vents, that they could escape through if needed, This was how her fellow slave escaped the hutt`s, all them years ago.
Also the mandalorian numbers would not count, when inside the narrow tunnels of the mine, and their jet packs would be useless. They would not be able to use explosives, as they kill them selves as well as the imperials.

@Alliera Verd @Isabet Denko @Isley Verd @Mia Monroe @Aran Ordo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom