Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi, GrandMaster here.

Well hello there, as it stands. I can't take this title, as much as I love the fact that I was chosen again. I ICLY can't do it. The Order can survive without it, so I'm going to shelve it until a candidate distinguishes themselves.

Council can lead, and everyone needs to focus on trying to reel the Jedi as it is. Right now, I'm just going to say it's shelved with Je'gan and I'll hand it out to someone who isn't crazy or I decide I prefer this madness better.

Tahira Solo

I've got my ticket for the long way round
[SIZE=10pt]Twas brillig, and the slithy toves[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]All mimsy were the borogoves,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]And the mome raths outgrabe.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Beware the Jabberwock.[/SIZE]

Madness. ;)

I think this would be a good time to actually get a Council going that resembles the one from Star Wars canon.

In both the Old and New Jedi Orders, there were 12 members of the High Council - which resided on Coruscant. There is no need for all seats to be filled or held by player-characters, though. Star Wars canon even has some New Jedi Order High Council seats be vacant for years.

But, I think we could work something out by using the Old Jedi Order's High Council as an example. The membership of the High Council includes:
  • 5 Lifetime Members
  • 4 Long-Term Members
  • 3 Limited-Term Members

All are Masters (usually. see: ROTS)

The five Lifetime Members could easily be filled by player characters at all times. They only leave their seats by stepping down or dying. The Long-Term Members had more flexible terms of service. For example, the Jedi High Council could appoint someone for a Long-Term Service by saying their approved term is for 10 years, while another Long-Term Member was approved for 15 years. We could use real-time if player-characters are appointed to such seats.

The Limited-Term Members have very short terms in comparison to the Long-Term Members. The point of the Limited-Term Members is to have different ideas being presenting to the High Council, especially in times of crisis.

We could then use the rule in the New Jedi Order that appointments to the High Council must be unanimous among its members (this is why we can explain seats are empty). If anything, NPC's can fill the remaining seats - and then they inexplicably die when the player-characters wish to appoint another player-character.

The title of Grand Master is not a title passed down by the predecessor in canon. Instead, it involves the High Council unanimously choosing someone to be the recognized head of the Jedi Order (and supposedly can be more than one person, if the High Council desires).

Titles such as Battle Master are unrelated to the High Council, except that the High Council usually is the body that bestows such titles to people.

Looking at the Jedi Path, here's how the Grand Master title was chosen in the Old Republic:

Essentially, he/she is chosen by the Jedi members at large in essentially a popular election. More or less. There doesn't seem to be a formal process, but generally the person that seems to be the majority of who everyone in the order wants to be Grand Master will be nominated. Then, the High Council must unanimously ratify this person to make his position official.

And there can only be one in the Old Jedi Order around the time that Yoda was Grand Master.

The Master of the Order is elected by just the High Council, and usually is also the Grand Master. But in the case of Mace and Yoda, the person elected does not have to be the Grand Master.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom