Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Hexbellions

Definitely Not Tefka

Totally A New Member
Kiff Brayde Kiff Brayde

Ah, the ol' "I didn't really have a point to make so you make it", I got you.

Look at the empty hex as a pressure cooker. 2 sides, it's fine, it's happy. 3 sides touching with an influence cloud, eh, getting kind of hot in here, guys. Unrest is happening.

4+ sides? IT'S GETTING CRAMPED.

I DON'T LIKE THIS.

PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE.

GO AWAY.

Unrest spills out, affects everyone.

I'm always down for ideas, so if you'd like to turn your contrarianism towards something more productive, I'm cool with some competitor ideas to make Rebellions better.

Definitely Not Tefka Definitely Not Tefka

Well, it's obviously your call, but I really advise against making it so sudden, I imagine there are a lot of good writers with respect for you that would agree with those two. It's a pretty harsh move for Major Faction owners/members if it happens instantly, and I, as a minor faction leader, like that you're giving us more options, but I also have members on a major faction and it sucks to know that all of our writing and rping can be undone so easily. 7 hexes is roughly two months of writing...assuming there is no mandate 3 dominions and an invasion on one month, and another three dominions without an invasion on the next month, all undone by one rebellion in one month?

Anyway, that's all I'll say. I don't want to become a broken record, echo chamber, or thorn in your side. Happy RPing :)

Aurelian Dash

A
d5i4dd1-c2ed5dd1-858b-4175-802a-024f5803826d.png

Just do it.​

Why doesn’t it matter?

It doesn't matter what the neighboring factions feel like regarding a nuetral hex because in this scenario the Neutral Hex is suddenly very much not neutral and wants sovereignty over hexes those neighboring factions have, thereby making it their problem through explicitly hostile and aggressive action... you know, a REBELLION against whatever faction happens to be controlling a portion of the territory the REBELLION now claims as their own. I.e., the Major Factions don't get a choice in the matter about whether they care about x hex outside their control because they are now facing a direct confrontation from an outside force, explicitly making it their problem to deal with.

If those Neighboring factions decide they don't care about losing those hexes or even possibly support the rebellion it is entirely within their purview to decide and make concessions to this sudden Insurgency on their borders.

EDIT: Sorry about numerous typos, posting from mobile is being screwy

Definitely Not Tefka

Totally A New Member

Well, it's obviously your call, but I really advise against making it so sudden, I imagine there are a lot of good writers with respect for you that would agree with those two. It's a pretty harsh move for Major Faction owners/members if it happens instantly, and I, as a minor faction leader, like that you're giving us more options, but I also have members on a major faction and it sucks to know that all of our writing and rping can be undone so easily. 7 hexes is roughly two months of writing...assuming there is no mandate 3 dominions and an invasion on one month, and another three dominions without an invasion on the next month, all undone by one rebellion in one month?

Anyway, that's all I'll say. I don't want to become a broken record, echo chamber, or thorn in your side. Happy RPing :)

1. Pretty sure people "with respect for me" can decide their own minds and that's totally fair and cool.

2. You're ignoring that rebellions don't happen often.

3. Your writing isn't undone, you just lose a hex on the map. If all your writing equates to only a colored hex on a map, it's probably pretty shit writing.

4. You can be a thorn in my side, all that's gonna happen is I'm gonna clap back and we're gonna be keyboard warriors.

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ
Personally I like. People might complain, But no one's suggesting a better idea(Or any for that matter...) far as I can tell, so until they do, I don't see the point of these arguments.

The point of a rebellion is to bring a minor faction into the big game and make them an actual opponent right? I say let them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom