Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Hexbellions

Definitely Not Tefka

Totally A New Member
Changes in green.

TARGETS OF REBELLIONS
  • A Major Faction’s third completed Dominion in a month is vulnerable for 10 days after the Dominion is submitted in the Map Update thread.
  • Any hex belonging to a recalled Major Faction is vulnerable to Rebellion for 2 weeks.
  • Any empty hex that has 4 or more adjacent hexes owned by any Major Faction's Influence Cloud.

**Author's Note

Do this and apply Arage's previous proposed "splash effect", increasing the gains from a Rebellion from 1 hex to seven. If multiple factions are in the running for winning categories, give the RPJs the freedom to dole out hexes.

Might have to include a ruling about the defending Major Faction can only win the hexes closest to it's cloud, to prevent RPJs/Admins from assigning the wrong hexes.

eddded947d12d6202d0f6e6d180a98e8.jpg

Definitely Not Tefka

Totally A New Member
In the example, you can see how this would bring Darkwire and CIS both into the thread.

Might also have to look at the rules to make sure they allow multiple Majors to defend their clouds, I didn't really consider that when writing them. Still, could be a fun scenario, and with empty hexes being a target in this manner, it could create some very cool situations.

Interesting idea, but my concern surrounding it is this:

If it's not part of the Factions (ie vacant hex) and no faction has expressed any interest in it, why would a faction even participate in the rebellion? Doesn't make since to me to force a narrative on a group of writers that had no plans for the Hex to begin with. I know I likely wouldn't care the Hex was being rebelled if it's not part of my cloud of influence anyway and there's no plans to bring said hex into that influence cloud. If anything, and I might sound a bit blunt in my wording of this, but the addition of this seems more fluff than anything. I don't. Just my 2 cents.

Maybe I missed that part. But hear me out here. How is it logical to drag a faction into an engagement over territory in their domain. Why should a Hex not even in a faction's cloud of influence warrant such an impact on a faction? I don't know; these are just my thoughts.

Definitely Not Tefka

Totally A New Member
I sense a plot to rebel one planet, make it neutral, and then use the splash effect...of course the Major faction would have time to snatch it back, but hmmm....the gears are a'turnin' muahahahaaaa.

Edit: Definitely Not Tefka Definitely Not Tefka

I think Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi is saying it's not fair to force a faction to be involved in a rebellion by threatening their territory, when the planet in question is not theirs. I understand the concern to be honest, but I also like the rule change.

To Alden: Think real-world: When Cuba became Communist, the United States got involved because there was now a threat on the border. Communism had a domino-effect, especially in asia.

Another example: When the 13 colonies became free, it inspired the French to have a revolution.

Final Example: When Germany lost WW1, it lost a lot of territory, including Poland, which Russia wanted. Leading up to WW2, Russia invaded Poland when Germany did. Germany taking that land made Russia try to take it because they wanted it.

Last edited:

Definitely Not Tefka

Totally A New Member
If you want actual real world relation because of immersion, on the real, look at any border skirmish/revolution like ever.

Look at the 13 colonies. They didn't all rebel at the same time. Look at any geographically linked rebellion ever. Look at riots. Look at protests.

It spreads.

Like a virus.

This keeps with that theme while also matching pace with the community's call for increasing the strength of Invasions, a Rebellion's big brother.

This keeps with that theme while also increasing the amount of opportunities of potential Rebellions, without depending on dominions or recalls.

Kinda echoing what Alden said, I do like the idea of making Rebellions more successful and generally a true sister to Invasions, but I don’t think this is the way to do it. Effectively it’s going to force a Major Faction to fight for a hex that they didn’t even control in the first place, which seems pretty backwards to me, Chief.

Last edited:

Definitely Not Tefka

Totally A New Member
Kinda echoing what Alden said, I do like the idea of making Rebellions more successful but I don’t think this is the way to do it. Effectively it’s forcing a Major Faction to fight for a hex that they didn’t even control in the first place, which seems pretty backwards to me, Chief.

Anyone standing by this point is missing the sheer amount of hexes this affects of those factions you say it wouldn't affect.

If you do not fully grasp it, please ask questions so clarifications can be made, but it's frustrating to discuss this if you haven't read the suggestion in it's entirety.

Definitely Not Tefka Definitely Not Tefka

Right. It’s affecting a large number of faction’s hexes all spearheaded from a hex that they don’t control in the first place.

What I’m saying is that I don’t think a random empty hex on a border should just suddenly become a potential spot that a minor faction can yoink six or seven hexes from a major faction or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom