Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Heroes Fall

db5791e045c23b4df5b8c5f5c3110d51730763b1.png

//: Confession //:
//: Bastion //:
//: Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf //:
9e0366b8be08cdab1c03169f930cd6803e7e1b90.png
The hand came off her shoulder, and Allyson winced; she had no defenses against Sith magic. It was a concern for her when she would see assassination missions come across that pertained to the Lady of Secrets. The prejudice the Corellian had for the other woman had disappeared from the heart of the spy. They both had their reasons, ones that Allyson hadn't realized until very recently. Taeli had helped her recognize the cards that were stacked against her. It felt as if the Corellian had pulled the wool off of the younger woman's eyes, and she saw wolves in sheep's clothing. She had no chance against the sorceress.
When the killing blow, when the woman's life would flash before her eyes never came, Allyson opened one of her eyes and looked towards Taeli. The rhetorical question that came after what felt like the longest heartbeat known to the galaxy passed, Allyson, blinked, confused. Maybe she was being imprisoned for the rest of her life, which only brought sadness over her face. To know the distance, she would feel and the loneliness. Taeli explained herself, which only wrinkled Allyson's face into confusion. If she had been a Sith Agent captured by the SIS, she would have been either shot already or imprisoned for life. Mindwipe was also a course of action and never off the table with the Shadows.
A sense of worth swelled in Allyson's chest as she was praised by the Great Deceiver, to know that she was doing her job the way she should and that she was impressive. There was a new light in the Corellian's eyes, Taeli was singing the siren's song that spun Allyson's loyalty. Every word sinking in and pushing back the shadows of her mind, bringing what felt right. The delicate touch of the woman cupped Allyson's face, the contact far from anything romantic, was still comforting. She leaned slightly into the touch remembering how her mother would comfort her, especially when the girl had disappointed her father.
Her throat felt dry as she tried to organize her thoughts. It had been such a rubber band feeling thinking she was going to be killed on the spot to now being praised, "You promise?" It was such a simple question, but she needed to know.
Everything that Allyson had wanted was being offered, protection, praise, and her lover. Nothing was being kept from her, and she didn't have to fear anything. The constant praise she received was something she never received from the government she worked for or many people in her past. Those that had offered her the praise always had a price. She had to give something of herself up to them. The ones that never had strings attached to their recognition were there, but always so far out of reach.
Here, she could have everything she wanted. A smile spread across the Corellian's face, one that had nothing behind it but appreciation and happiness. Was this the feeling that she was supposed to be feeling? Some part of her felt guilty for being happy after everything that had happened. As much as she wanted to believe Taeli at face value, the Corellian did her best to not think of her mother and attempted to replace the woman with the feelings that she was getting at this moment with the older woman. Allyson pulled away slightly and nodded. "But there are always conditions with that sort of promise, Taeli. You and I both know there's more. No one gives things without conditions." Not even the love of a parental figure, she was reminded of the conditions always put on her. Conditions that she had to promise to when she first started this job if she was captured or compromised, there was no escape.
She was deniable, and it was something that burned deep into her core. "Why would you say that to me?"

Allyson Locke Allyson Locke

She felt the sense of pride building when the stroke to kill never came, when Allyson processed the praise Taeli had given her. She accepted the comforting touch, leaning into it as though it had been something she had not experienced in a long time. A mother figure to look out for her, the whispered question that Taeli would keep her promise... and then the pulling away a little, asking what the price was, wary that it was being offered too easily.

SIS had done a number on the girl that was for sure. Sense of worth might be increasing, but to break her conditioning from the Jedi and Alliance intelligence agencies would take time. She would need to be shown that Taeli's word meant something, that she wouldn't leave her behind without an exit if Taeli could help it. That she would be saved, and safe, from enemies circling her. That she would be able to live with her love.

"You are right that, generally, there is always a give and take, especially when it comes to Sith or business," she said. Saying anything else would have been disingenuous and ruined any of the trust she had built in this conversation with Miss Locke. "There is always a price, something one party wants that the other has in exchange for help or protection or anything else really. Conditions like to be placed on situations."

Taeli let the hand on the girl's cheek fall away, but only to rest lightly on her shoulder.

"I do promise that, to the best of my ability and the considerable resources and influence I can pull upon, that you will be protected and free to love Jorryn and be with her. My conditions for this are..."

And she allowed a little suspense to sit in, a slight pause to make the girl wonder just what the Lady of Secets would demand of her. Information on the GA, SIS, and New-Imperials? Forced servitude? Divulging of mechu-deru secrets to add to the Sith's collection?

"First, you have to try your hardest to be in touch with your emotions, to actually be human, to free yourself from the restrictions placed on you and live a life. Second, I want you to foster and strengthen your gift in the Force, to increase your knowledge and I will be perfectly happy to help you in that task. Third, I want you to work with our intelligence agencies, whether that be as merely an advisor or taking field missions is up to you and if you go into the field, I will want to be kept in the loop. You would be reporting directly to Grand Moff Bline and to Jorryn regardless, and I would ask that you keep the snark to a minimum around Djorn.

"Are those agreeable terms or would you care to negotiate more than just protection and caring about your well-being?"

db5791e045c23b4df5b8c5f5c3110d51730763b1.png

//: Confession //:
//: Bastion //:
//: Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf //:
9e0366b8be08cdab1c03169f930cd6803e7e1b90.png
There was an odd sense of satisfaction when Taeli mentioned that Allyson's assumptions were right. The Corellian had known people like Taeli, who offered comfort, that provided safety, and there was always a price. Tension filled her body, stiffening her muscles that were once relaxed by the touch of the Sith Lord. She waited through that dreadful silence as Taeli mused the conditions. There were so many things that the woman could ask for, she could demand all the information the Corellian had buried in her head, but she didn't. Her surprise showed.
"Huh?" Allyson had nothing smart to say, the very ability to speak was lost to her. None of this made sense, none of this was what she had expected when coming into the Lady of Secrets' office. The conditions were meant to better her in some way, make an asset to herself, not to the government. Allyson shook her head slightly, trying to wrap her brain around the circumstances laid out to her. The chair creaked slightly as she leaned back, covering her mouth for a moment. Self-care and behaving under Djorn would ensure the safety she sought for Jorr and herself. It barely made sense, but she couldn't help but want to accept the plan laid before her.
"So, what you're saying is that." Allyson started, leaning forward, "I just have to better myself through the Force. Learn to love me, help out your intelligence area…" Allyson trailed off into a chuckle as she nodded. She had seen some of the stuff the intelligence branch had planned along with their security. It was nothing impressive, and the Corellian Technomancer had easily worked her way through almost their entire system. "And be nice to Djorn." The last part gave her a sour taste in her mouth. Djorn Bline was a thorn in the Corellian's side, she hated the way he talked to Jorryn during that meeting - her blood boiled just thinking about him.
"He's a slug. I shouldn't have to be nice to slugs like him, but I'll play along." Allyson crossed her arms in front of her and sighed. This was the best-case scenario for her and Jorryn. It also set things up for her plans on saving the woman from the monsters that ran the Empire. Allyson nodded and sighed, "Okay. I'll work in the intelligence branch under Djorn, I'll do everything you say as long as Jorryn is safe." Memories of how Taeli had disposed of the last Lord Inquisitor entered her mind, and a sharp gaze met the Lady of Secrets.
"I will say, I'll behave as long as things continue as you say they will. The moment anything or anyone harms a hair on Jorryn's head, that's when I stop behaving." She knew the threat was possibly the wrong idea to do here, especially with how nice Taeli had been with her. Allyson needed the woman to understand where her allegiances were, and they weren't to the Empire proper. Allyson looked away, giving the Sith Lord an ounce of respect. "What I've done puts her in danger, I won't have her disposed of like you did with the last Lord Inquisitor. That's my only condition Taeli. I hope you can understand the importance of it."

Allyson Locke Allyson Locke

"You have my word that Jorryn will remain safe from myself or any other Sith within the Empire," Taeli agreed. "The last Lord Inquisitor did not see times were changing, that methods needed to be adapted. He was content with ruling over his personal fiefdom in the Empire's hierarchy, but I dislike complacency. The direction should always be forward, always innovating, even as we take examples from our pasts."

She moved back to sit in her chair, resting easily in it now. She had the girl, maybe not completely yet, but she had the young Corellian in front of her. It was now just a matter of gently guiding her further along the path, the slippery path that she would eventually, willingly, slide down on her own. Only a matter of time. But she didn't let any of that show on her face or in her body language, she just kept presenting that comfortable and motherly persona.

Well a little Sith would slip in as she added, "You can snark at Bline, I just ask you keep it a minimum, slug as you say he may be. He is still the leader of the Foreign Intelligence division. But you know the thing about men and women like him, that belittle their subordinates and peers or don't give credit where credit is due, they can never inspire the true loyalty such operatives need to survive their missions and to stay true to their nation. Someone like that, well... more suitable replacements make themselves known soon enough."

Gently does it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom