Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have I missed something...? (Veiere Arenais' return to Commenor)

oSeaVP6.png
[member="Silfe Sosuri"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Marcus Ismet-Ku"] | [member="Jairdain"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Triana Piett"] | [member="Voph"] | [member="Corran Cath"]
Er6tw3E.png
Something wasn't right.

The pit of his stomach had tightened into a knot since he had received a call of distress from the Palace back home in the Capital of Commenor, a direct line to the King's crew from the center of Government; in most cases the one seeking to speak with Veiere would have been his wife but not this time around. It had come from her assistant, and Veiere had been informed that the presiding men and women of the newly strengthened house of Lords had also demanded his direct attention and return from his personal affairs.

The Galaxy had a sick sense of humor, and a way of twisting that blade between your ribs when your back was turned to the ones you loved, if even only for a marginal time. Veiere had come from the struggling northern territories, having done what he could to assist the Jedi wherever possible, seeking to strengthen the presence of the light and bring hope to those in need outside of Commenor while his wife, the Queen [member="Lady Kay"] had remained behind and continued to lead their Home-world as she always had. Between them, when Veiere had been gone, things were thought to be running as smoothly and concise as they always had.

A King by marriage, Veiere's experience was required in Commenor's dire times of war or threat of coming under the thumb of another. When the call came through and he had conveyed with Commenor his imminent return, Veiere knew that some-how things had once again turned against him and his family; he knew not the severity nor the dangers present and who they were directed at, yet he could be glad at the least that it was his people communicating with him and not another Sith Emergence on their hands.

With all that had come and gone from the passed month away from Commenor, following his last exciting adventure with his Daughter and a turn into more problematic priorities outside of his Families reach, Veiere had been well and truly oblivious to the going-on's back here at home. The KingsGuard hissed as the vessel expelled hot steam and the pressures from the landing gear jolting the ship and signalling their successful landing, Veiere rising from his personal quarters already feeling grave for the way the Force called to him, and the way that his bond with his Wife did not.

Kay wasn't nearby, wasn't there to greet him as he would have expected, as was most always the case...

Disembarking alongside the crewman, pilot and couple officers responsible for the vessels maintenance, Veiere felt pulled toward the Palace and the question as to why he felt so uneasy, what all of this business and forced return well before he had meant for, was all truly about. "Contact the House of Lords, inform them that I have returned" he spoke plainly to an envoy of Kay's personal office, they who were there to help delegate and deliver the wishes of the Royal Family, House Arenais and to oversee clear communication between the Capital of Okanagon and the other seven states of Commenor; "Find someone who can get me up to speed immediately and ensure my Children remain on Commenor until I say otherwise".

"Somebody tell me why my time away was called to such an abrupt end...-Bring everyone in, and where is my Queen?".

Her communicator went off with the message that Veiere had returned to Commenor. This was a very good thing considering everything she had heard. Jairdain had not been present on Commenor for a short amount of time but had returned quickly when word had reached her ears of something. Not knowing if what she learned was true or not, when she got back to her home, she learned it was.

For a short time, she had tried to maintain control over her estate and that had kept her occupied and her mind off the issues at hand. With the return of Veiere, that business could hopefully be addressed fully now.

Putting aside whatever she had been working on, she made sure Marcus would be cared for and left for the palace where she expected to meet with him and the other Lords and Ladies. She was merely a Regent until Marcus came of age, but she had accepted the position and ran the day to day activity as best she could. Wanting nothing more than to make sure Marcus had a secure future, she did this for him.

She was not able to provide an answer to him, but her presence would be known. This was now a home for her and whatever happened, she did not feel that would ever change. Not even a native to Commenor, Kay had given her a home and purpose here. Jairdain was going to support them with anything they needed.

[member="Veiere Arenais"]

Lori burst out of her room as soon as she heard the news. [member="Veiere Arenais"] was back!! He was home!! She hurried through the hallways, skidding around the corners. The thumps could be heard from her heavy footfalls as she was too relieved and too happy to be mindful about being light on her feet.

She bounded down the stairs two at a time. "Dad! Dad! Dad!
Dad! Dad! Dad! Dad! Dad! Dad! Dad! Dad!"
Her words echoed through the halls. It wasn't until she was fully down the steps that she stopped calling for him. Perhaps it was a little immature for her to act this way, but he was her Dad first, and King and Master second.

The foyer doors parted for her before she could bust through him. Lori caught sight of her Dad among some of the staff, barking out orders. "DAD!!!" She flew into his arms and hugged him tightly, tears starting to stream her face. "I was so worried that you were gone too. We couldn't reach you!"

[member="Jairdain"]

"DAD!!!".
[member="Loreena Arenais"] came lunging forth into her father's arms with a strength and pace that nearly put him to the ground, staggering back a step and wrapping her up in his embrace, he grinned in response to seeing his beloved Daughter.

"I was so worried that you were gone too. We couldn't reach you!".
His smile faded a little and he reluctantly urged a bit of space and pause to their embrace so that he could meet his daughters gaze as he asked with a wary sense of suspicion, "What do you mean by 'worried that I was gone too'?". Veiere hadn't been missing, he had informed Kay of his departure as he did every time, least there be a battle that he'd wish her not to worry about. Most of his dealings outside of their sector tended to be Jedi business which [member="Lady Kay"] had been told recently that he had doven back into, [member="Coren Starchaser"] having requested his support as a former member of the Order long ago.

"Did Mom not tell you that I was scheduled to be away?...-There are some Jedi that you will be meeting in the near future, but I needed to speak with them first to make sure that what we've been hearing has been true. The Order is coming close to calling another moot...-A big meeting of all types of Jedi" He explained to his Daughter, part of him having known that she could have come with him, yet after their recent training, felt that she had deserved some time at home for a bit of a break.

"My Lord, the Lady [member="Jairdain"] is scheduled to arrive shortly. Shall I have her brought to you?"
The question came from one of the attendants who had been informed via commlink.
Veiere nodded firmly in response, "Yes, please...-She is family. No restrictions, please" he added to ensure that Jairdain would have free run of the place despite her duty and focus being set upon the governance of Juniper and the raising of a young one nowadays.

Turning back to Lori, Veiere frowned a little as he soon questioned the needed obvious missing presence of her Mom. "I assumed your Mother had started to miss me. My trip was called off sooner than I'd have liked, but it sounded like she needed me back here at Home. Where is she? She doesn't feel like she's anywhere nearby..." He spoke with an edge of caution and the little voice in the back of his mind told him that he should be more concerned than he knew.

He didn't know. [member="Veiere Arenais"] didn't seem to know anything. He must have kept off the holonet, not watched the holonews or anything. Unless...word hadn't spread as far as she thought. Commenor wasn't a major power anymore, so perhaps their lives weren't followed closely at all anymore. That in and of itself was a good thing.

'Moot' sounded funny, like a nickname that she'd give her brother besides 'Snotface'. But apparently it was a term for a Jedi meeting of sorts. What was a Sith version of that called? Perhaps a 'Smoot'?

"Mom's missing. We don't know where she is. There was someone that looked like her found dead on the beach and everyone panicked fearing that she's dead. Some have gone hunting for her. When we couldn't reach you or Cae either, we feared the worst..." And some wanted her to hide away. But she chose to remain instead and show courage for the people. Even though she was at a loss of what to do.

Silfe received the news and quickly followed Lori though her pace was just a little more sedate. She wanted to give Lori time with her father in a private moment. No doubt the young woman needed his reassuring presence right now. She was very glad to know the King was safe and sound. Much turmoil had occurred and like Lori, Commenor needed his presence. She could only count her blessings that Voph had left. He and Morcus had done a fine job mucking things up and making it harder for Loreena Arenais to do her duty. She slowed as she came upon the King and his daughter. Hands clasped before her she finally stopped and waited for the opportune moment to speak.

Finally, she gave Veiere a sad smile. It was a fleeting greeting since her news was pretty hard to tell, much less hear. "Your highness, what your daughter speaks is true. Earlier today, a body was found that looked identical to Lady Kay. It was determined not to be her, but by then the rumors had spread among the common folk of Commenor. Darlyn is currently on the case to find her, Voph too it seems. The investigation is ongoing. We could not get a hold of you or your son and there was fear that both of you might also have been taken. I know this is a lot to take in. I am just glad you are safe."

"There has been...." She paused wanting to say it as delicately as she could. Much would have to be fixed in how the House of Lords operated from here on out. "Well, a bit of turmoil. It has been decided that a press conference should be held to quell the rumor and to reassure the people of Commenor. I believe I am the only one of the House of Lords still present at this time."

[member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Jairdain"] | [member="Marcus Ismet-Ku"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"]

Mom's missing.
Though he had heard the words his Daughter had spoken, it took Veiere a moment to register the truth. Somehow the [member="Lady Kay"] Arenais had once again been kidnapped, with all the guard and new security they had established upon Commenor, how in the seven hells had she managed to be taken and who's was this mysterious look-alike that had been killed. [member="Silfe Sosuri"] soon confirmed the news as she approached the two of them, speaking up to Veiere cautiously as the news wasn't kind on any who favored the Queen.

"[member="Jairdain"] is on her way" Veiere replied bluntly, though with only the two women and his Daughter [member="Loreena Arenais"] there, calling forth the House of Lords for an emergency meeting was not to succeed, clearly. "Where was my Wife last seen? How many of her Guard were present? Do we know anything worth telling, yet?".

Veiere had gone from being gladdened at the sight of his daughter, to becoming livid at the revelation that the Queen was once again at risk. These things happened far too often and far too easily. Time and time again he had cautioned his Wife to take care and yet once again Veiere was being greeted with news of her abduction. What pushed his temper further was the fact that she could not be felt through their bond in the Force, something that at times could span miraculous distances and yet the King felt no trace of Kay's presence.

Turning with a frustrated glare to the Palace staff, he sent them off with a dismissive wave, "I want Commenor on lock-down. Nothing comes or goes without my approval!" he growled before motioning for Silfe and Loreena to follow him. Such a discussion wasn't fit to be had within the great and open hall of the Palace floor. The absence of the Queen and in her stead, their Daughter had been forced to try to retain control?

Entering into Kay's main Office, he would move for the large desk and rummage through their draws until finding a secondary Comm-link of his Wife's and opening a channel directly to the Commenor Intelligence Facility. "This is Veiere Arenais, verification number five-nine-one-nine alpha kay" he spoke brisk yet clearly into the comm's device, "Situation is 'broken home'. Send word to every state and body of government. Secure media silence and monitor the sector for any sign or word of the Queen" he spoke in code for a brief moment to the agency on the other end of the line, though naturally the case that the Crown might be threatened in such a way as this had arisen in planning before; "Retrieve Caedyn Arenais at any cost, the heir's are to remain protected here at the Palace in Chasin City. Veiere out".

Placing the hand-held device to the desk, Veiere let out a heavy sigh under his breath, a loose word escaping him in curse. "Loreena, you're to stay within the Palace walls unless I say otherwise" He soon back to his daughter, his expression tense and proving his words to not be a request so much as they were an order. "Silfe, explain to me how a press conference would keep the people calm when we have nothing to say on the matter. Either we lie to them and they demand proof to see her for themselves, or we explain to them that the Queen is missing and as far as I can tell, no one's yet to report any leads?..." He turned to the elder female fishing for answers. "The media is the last thing that we want, as once it gets out to the public of Commenor, the next step is that it spreads to the Holo-net and to our enemies confirming our weakness. We need to secure Commenor's defenses and find answers, the public can wait but should an attack be coming our way and this be part of some strategy, we cannot be caught off guard".

Her arrival was expected and Jairdain was granted access right away. Having missed the greeting between father and daughter, she arrived just after Silfe had.

Hearing the conversation between them, she also wondered what good a statement was going to do. Veiere pointed out a few things they should include any statement and the fact they didn't have anything to report.

She heard the orders he had for his own children, she suddenly got concerned for Marcus. Though she had made sure he would be safe, nothing was ever fool proof and worry came off her. Should she had brought him today to be kept in the Palace?

"So maybe Kay has been kidnapped...again."

Both of them had been taken more than once and it was something she dreaded might be the case again.

[member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Silfe Sosuri"] [member="Loreena Arenais"]

Silfe blushed profusely and bowed her head. Given what VOph and Morcus had been advising, she had thought her press conference idea had been a good one. She had not expected for it to be viewed this way. The king dressing her down in this manner only made her realize how little she knew about anything. Perhaps she should have just comforted Lori and let Voph and Morcus tirade over her until they both declared themselves over Commenor in the absence of the King. "My advice to Lori was that a press conference where we confirm the body on the beach was not Lady Kays and that there are members of the Royal Family here on Commenor and supported by the House of Lords because I thought perhaps that knowing this would stave off unrest and rioting."

"I was obviously mistaken." She said quietly and sighed, taking a step back automatically as Jairdain came in. "My apologies Your Highness."

If she had not been just dressed down by the King before Jairdain had come in, she might have shrunk back more upon the approach of a woman who had lied to her. Silfe was still a little stung at Jair's lie about Marcus. Now wasn't the time to explore that though so she simply chided herself for having been so naive and unhelpful. "Yes, it seems so. Honestly, Darlyn is the best person to give you updates on the investigation. I have not been receiving them. He was just in the House of Lords. Perhaps I should retrieve him?"

[member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Jairdain"] | [member="Marcus Ismet-Ku"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"]

[member="Silfe Sosuri"] withdrew in her position with a resignation that made Veiere realize how frustrated and tempered he had come off in his reaction, perhaps an over-reaction wrought on by the events he had been thrust upon however they all had been enduring long before his return and he found himself needing to be reminded of this, and needing to beckon to the few of them his apology. "No...-You're not to be blamed or dismissed of any thing" Veiere replied before anyone else could add to the moment, "Forgive the stress that is obviously showing, but you've all been here doing your best where I have not and for that I'm sorry".

Turning to look to his Daughter, Veiere paused for a moment before speaking to her. No doubt she'd be unhappy feeling as though she were a prisoner in her own home but it was for her and her brothers protection that Veiere had given the instruction. "Your training isn't yet complete but do not think that I lack confidence in your ability, Loreena. All I ask is that you remain in safe and good company until we realize where your Mother is..." he explained to her with a more friendlier tone of voice before turning back to [member="Jairdain"] and the others.

"This is all happening so quickly and I've only been told so much. Someone start from the beginning...-Considering the body being found, perhaps Silfe has a point, if the public already believe the Queen to be dead...-Confirmation that the Body was not [member="Lady Kay"] would be a good thing, yet leave questions that we know not how to answer" he sighed under his breath, gesturing for the others to seat themselves in Kay's office as Veiere sought the cabinet where he often stored a bottle of whiskey for his personal sake, something that his wife tolerated but did not partake in.

"I could certainly do with [member="Darlyn Excron"]'s advice, but send another. I want you all here".

[member="Loreena Arenais"]

Lori had seen [member="Veiere Arenais"] during his darker days. She was there at his trial after what had happened on Deneba. And seeing him so stern and angry now reminded her of it. And while [member="Silfe Sosuri"] stepped back, she just remained where she was, clenching her jaw as she was to be kept in the Palace. Of course...her Dad gave her some hope. She'd have to have his permission to leave. That meant that she could leave...with a lot of percaution. [member="Caedyn Arenais"] wasn't going to like this at all though.

"Lady Sosuri has been great, Dad. She's been nothing but supportive while the others were quick to sit on the throne or take me off planet somewhere for my safety.
She's even helped me with a speech."

As for the answers to his questions, she didn't have them. Though [member="Darlyn Excron"] might. "Uncle Darlyin is the one that found out that the body wasn't Mom. I heard whispers that she had a clone here somewhere. She'd get teased sometimes, remember? Maybe that body is the clone."

[member="Jairdain"]

To be fair, Jairdain was in the dark as much as Veiere was. She had not been present at this event and had only heard rumours. There was not much information she could provide and did not attempt to.

He apologized to Silfe for his harsh words and attempted to reassure his daughter he was only thinking of their safety. It was something she would need to consider for Marcus as well. For now, he would be safe where he was, but if people out there kidnapping the nobility of Commenor, then he could still be in danger.

Jairdain was silent as she listened to what the others had to say. Falling back on her habit of being in an advisory position.

"I feel it would be wise to give something to the people of Commenor. Even if it as simple as stating the body found is NOT that of Lady Kay herself. That could lead to many more questions though and those we just don't have the answers for.

"Do you think or feel Kay might have done this herself? Like maybe she needed a vacation and felt faking her death was the only way to get it?"

They might be silly or stupid questions, but since they did not have any answers, Jairdain felt the need to propose theories until answers did come.

[member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Silfe Sosuri"]

Silfe, ever the servant took Veiere's apology as genuine and gave him a reassuring half smile. She knew this was rough for him. Many times now since she herself had come to Commenor, Silfe had seen Lady Kay kidnapped. This false news of her death had been significantly different in that it caused chaos throughout the planet. The people of Commenor needed reassurance and Silfe felt better about her advice to Lori after the apology of her King. Dutifully, she turned to a servant and had them go to retrieve [member="Darlyn Excron"] with the intention that they all would meet in Kay's office.

As Lori came to her aid and explained the speech, Silfe felt the need to add, "There is much we do not know but anything that we do not know, we can expound upon by saying the investigation is ongoing and in flux. Any disclosure of information might be detrimental to the investigation so we cannot in good conscience speak to those details. Then repeat the reassurance that the body was not our Queen's and that the Royal Family is present, the House of Lords is supportive and that people should remain calm. Just because they ask, doesn't mean we have to answer. I made some mention of all of this in the speech. I also started the speech with something along the lines of The Royal Family has an important announcement to make and at this time, we will not be taking any additional questions."

"If you wish to review and make changes to it sir, I think Lori would be happy to oblige you but Darlyn is being retrieved. Perhaps we should move to Kay's office for further conversations." She directed them towards Kay's office and turned to @Jairdain. "I would hope that [member="Lady Kay"] would have contacted her family and let them know of such a decision or left word for them after so that they did not worry so. If she had planned this, surely she would know the clone would not shield that decision for long. I also can't imagine the Queen allowing such turmoil in her wake. Or at least... I hope not." She replied with a heavy heart. Silfe had not allowed herself to think about her own reaction to Lady Kay's death/kidnapping. Her duty was to the young successor, Lori and now also to Veiere now that he had arrived home. Later, she would allow her emotion to come and deal with it then.

[member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"]

"I understand the need to cover all bases, but with our Children being affected by this I'm quite certain this hasn't been by her voluntary doing, no" Veiere replied to both [member="Silfe Sosuri"] and [member="Jairdain"] on the possibility that his wife and their Queen may have sought refuge and peace in faking her demise; "Not to mention that someone has died, assumingly by unnatural causes and the [member="Lady Kay"] would never resort to harming another for her own sake unless it was by force and no other alternative".

None the less, they were all correct in that something needed to be said for the public to take comfort in that there remained stable leadership and that hope was not yet lost for their Queen; "Silfe, move forward with this statement to the people. It does not have to be public viewing, use the local media if you must but I need to speak with the other Lords and Ladies of Commenor. Include the news of their King's return as well as the security of my Children. The Royal Family is safe and that Commenor is not under threat as we know it". With the Kidnapping of the Queen, the people could suspect all manners of foul play considering what the past had put them through with attacks from the Sith and the present wars going on across the Galactic Stage.

"Loreena and I will be taking part in the investigation" Veiere soon added, this time turning to look to his Daughter, [member="Loreena Arenais"]. "Which is why I say not to leave here without my word. You are my Daughter but so too my Apprentice and rest assured, you will have a part to play in your Mothers safe return if we can help it. We first however need to get up to speed and as you say..." He turned back to the older pair, advisors to the Crown; "That's where Darlyn Excron will help us".

"What about Snotfa--I mean Cae. I haven't been able to reach him yet. Should we lie? Or just not mention him at all?" With everything that was going on, it was hard for Lori to focus on feeling out her brother in the Force. Most of the time these days, she just left him alone. He had more important things to do than hang out with his little sister.

She stood up a little straighter as [member="Veiere Arenais"] let her know that she'll be helping. The expression on her face clearly showed her question of 'Really?'. But she just didn't voice it at all. Instead she just gave him a nod. Her earlier comments weren't quite touched on. But she's the youngest, so that was normal. Instead she peered past [member="Silfe Sosuri"] and [member="Jairdain"] to see if she can spot any movement that would indicate that [member="Darlyn Excron"] was coming.

Kay wasn't dead.

That was about all that was keeping Darlyn's focus on the task at hand without his anger being manifested. He had to focus calmly on the situation, bring it to a peaceful conclusion if he could. If she were dead, this would be a personal warpath, the darkness would feed into his beloved artifact and back in that ever circulating loop, even as he tried so hard to resist it now the same was always occurring. Even now as he sat with it in his desk, and he poured over each and every document he'd gotten for the case itself, as well as personal requests he believed beneficial. Nothing was adding up enough for him, and the frustration made him want to punch a wall apart brick by brick.

Veiere was here.

He knew of course when he arrived, though figured others would fill him in on the details, for now he would focus on getting together the story so far. He'd thought to track a person of interest once he had the time to think after Voph's early announcement, without sufficient legal evidence, of where he thought Kay to be. It was more than mildly irritating to say the least, but he would work with what he had on file to try and find a legitimate backing. Lest of course, war be started within the houses of Commenor. This person in particular seemed to vanish not too long ago, perhaps a few months before the body of "Kay" was found. Perhaps...

There was a knock at the door, Veiere wished him to come.

Darlyn gathered his wits and picked up his datapad, stuffing the device into the folds of his robes and grabbing his lightsabers before heading out. Out and down the halls, his three weapons clipped to his belt. Always present, always best to be safe. Though this time, when he walked into the office of Kay, where the others waited, each of the force sensitives would sense the distinct feeling of Darlyn's natural darkness being fueled by something outside himself. Even without it, he gave off an expression somewhere between sad, angry, and tired, despite the first words to leave his lips.

"Glad to see the high and mighty have time to visit home once in a while, it's been a while m'lord." An attempt to make Veiere at ease, to make them all at ease. Over-stressing now would only ruin their chances of seeing Kay again. He pulled himself up a seat, sitting back with a groan of relief from even that short walk. He'd been moving all over today....

He took quick note of who was present, [member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="Loreena Arenais"], the royal family. [member="Jairdain"], Marcus's mother and regent for one of the countries until he was old enough to rule. She hadn't been present, so she would need the details as he had given them to the others. And sweet [member="Silfe Sosuri"], who was relatively up to date despite his new suspicions on details surrounding the case. "I'm guessing... you want the whole story then?"

"Your brother hasn't been home for quite a while, Loreena" Veiere replied to his Daughter whom naturally worried for her Twin Brother; "You know Caedyn tends to wander about...-Ever since the Je'daii disappeared, he's been a bit of a lost soul, but there's nothing yet that suggests he's in any danger. We'll keep trying to reach him, just in case though, okay?" he smiled encouragingly to [member="Loreena Arenais"], hoping that for the time being that would suffice. Veiere didn't often know what his Son was up to at the best of times, let alone a government crisis such as this.

[member="Darlyn Excron"]'s entrance was a welcome one, Veiere's gaze lifting to look ahead to the door as it opened and in came their former Minister of Justice who today was more or less the Advisor to [member="Shoden Moz"], Veiere assumed at-least. "It hasn't been that long, Darlyn" Veiere corrected him, though the attempted humor wasn't lost on him; "There's a resurgence of the Jedi in motion, and I've been brought into it by the request of the New Jedi Order, formerly of the Galactic Alliance" Veiere explained briefly, not feeling the time for details nor the need to explain himself. "I've been back and forth over the month, but until my return here today I was under the impression everything was in order and that my Wife remained in control".

"I'm hoping you can bring to light some of the answers that I lack" He added further, gesturing to Darlyn directly. "Exactly how did someone manage to abduct the Queen from under the nose of her joint Staff, and how did the Intelligence Agency that we set up specifically for this level of threat, let it all go unnoticed until some random hiker came across a body in the woods..." They never seemed to catch a break, and after the Siege and subsequent War against the Sith Empire, this was all they needed..

[member="Jairdain"] | [member="Silfe Sosuri"]

There really was not much for Jairdain to do at the moment. That was the case until Darlyn observed she had been present on the beach when this happened. Giving him a nod, she now waited to hear the full story.

Anything she might have said was based on ideas only and nothing concrete. Once everything had been explained to her, then she should be able to come up with something more positive than she had.

She listened to what the others said around her and nodded. Even though she had been present on Commenor when the beach incident happened, she was nowhere near. The points made were accurate ones, but Jairdain still felt something was off.

"Once I know the whole story, maybe I could also investigate? I've lost one of the royal family, I don't want to lose another."

With Brad missing, her words were true and she felt it was her fault somehow. Even though they had not been together when it happened. Now Kay was missing, it was like repeating history in her mind.

[member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Silfe Sosuri"]

She smiled softly when Darlyn came in. "I think we could all use a briefing. There seems to be a lot we aren't sure of and a lot of rumor. I would rather we get the facts so I can revise the statement as needed. OF couse I am not likely to add everything since the investigation is still ongoing but we all need a point of reference. What happened?"

She worried so much for the house Arenais. [member="Lady Kay"] had gone missing so many times, it was like a roller coaster. Veiere was starting to settle down again after his dark dip. Honestly, Silfe hardly knew the children but she hoped to get to know them in time. Lori seemed to have a good head on her shoulders. Cae seemed to have wanderlust. In a galaxy as large as theirs, who could blame him though. One of the perks of her job as Minister of Foriegn Affairs was that she had had the chance to really travel. Hopefully soon he would come home. Silfe could imagine Lori needed him around.

She sat down in a chair near [member="Jairdain"] and continued to work on the speech.

[member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Caedyn Arenais"] [member="Darlyn Excron"]

[member="Veiere Arenais"] gave her the assurance that she needed in regards to her twin brother. Deep down she knew his words to be true as well, all thanks to the connection that all twins shared. Hopefully he'd always be okay.

[member="Darlyn Excron"] soon arrived and she was relieved. He was more on top of the investigation than the rest of them were. Now they could all work on it together.

It took a moment before Lori realised who [member="Jairdain"] was speaking of, in regards to a lost member of the royal family. But then she knew. She was talking about Brad. He had a habit of going missing more than Mom.

"Anyone check her datapads? Or in her desk or bedroom for ransom notes? Maybe there's some clues in there? I can go upstairs and check!" She didn't move though, until she was given the okay.

Lori wasn't certain of how she'd be without [member="Silfe Sosuri"] to look out for her best interest. The others not attending now just served their own ends, instead of for Commenor. Maybe they wanted her Mom to stay gone. That in itself wasn't a pleasant thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom