Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hard Lessons (Darth Ferus)

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
Kitty's ears easily picked up the noise of his mechanical legging working before it spewed out a lightsaber which was guided to Kitty by the force. Kitty grabbed it with her left hand. "Uh yea." Kitty replied curious as to how she would handle and feel about using two sabers.
[member="Darth Ferus"]

"Jar'kai is the name of a type of style that involves using two blades. The addition of this second blade allows the user extra damage potential, but sacrifices the strength of two hands for offence or defense. But, as strength isn't your strong suit, this will be an efficient way to increase your killing potential. As I said about Shien, it involves knocking blasts back towards the shooter. With this second blade, you could look at it like being able to block two blasts at once. However, this also means you need to split your attention. Are you ready to begin?"

Once more the setting to the blaster room would be set at one. As normal, he would not tell [member="Kitty"] that the blasts would only sting a little, letting her think they were deadly. "You are to alternate blocking. Right hand, then left, then right, then left. You use the same arm twice, and I will make sure you get shot."

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
Kitty did not consider herself the smartest and there were some things she was not good at that others just seemed to get so easily. On the other hand though there were things Kitty could do that other people were incapable of doing. For starts her natural physical abilities were so advance that one would think she was always using the force to enhance herself when really it was the opposite she never used the force to enhance her abilities. It also just so happened that Kitty was ambidextrous and she trained her shien with both her right and left hands. There wasn't any real reason behind doing it she just felt like she should.

Then there was her ability to keep track what was going on around her. She could split her attention between multiple things rather easily. She was a born predator after all with built in sense that far surpassed everyone elses'. Though she lived with the assassins for the most part she had been to Coruscant a number of times. She was most accustom to dealing with stimulation from multiple fronts.

As the bolts came at her Kitty switched between deflecting blasts with each hand rather easily. In no time at all she had the turrets disabled in the same amount of time it would have taken her to do it with just one lightsaber.
[member="Darth Ferus"]

With a smile Ferus would watch, an almost grin forming on his face. So [member="Kitty"] was a natural with the duel wielding, very good. Almost perfect. With a wave of his hand, he would not give her a moment of rest and send her right into level two. Now, two bolts from either side would be coming for her.

"You will have to defend two points at the same time, one with each hand. Think you can handle it?" Without waiting for an answer, round two would start.

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
Without giving her a chance to object [member="Darth Ferus"] Started the second round. This was much more difficult than she was read for. Her attention split between two oncoming bolts she panicked silently as she desperately deflected to bolts coming at her. She wanted to ask Ferus to take it back down but she knew there was nothing for her to learn on the first level. Wasn't there a 1.5 level she could do? Kitty was so occupied just trying to not get hit they she didn't have the processing power to deflect the bolts back at their source. Still the fact that she could keep herself from getting hit on two fronts in the first place was rather impressive. The training did not stop though and as it went on Kitty quickly began getting the hang of it and defending two fronts started to become easier to the point where she could actually deflect a bolt back on an occasion.

It took a long while but she eventually disabled the turrets. While Kitty had the physical stamina to continue training she didn't have the mental stamina. The stress of having to defend two fronts in order to prevent being seriously injured or worse killed had brought her very close to her breaking point, her breaking point being shifting which would have insured her death and knowing that only made it more stressful. "Can I have a break?" Kitty pleaded to her master. She didn't know the training was not harmful but she was sure if she kept going she would die for sure.

"No, not yet. Your natural stamina is gone, but you still have the Force. Let the Force fuel your body, draw on it like breathing the air. This is your next and most important lesson. And above all, keep in control of yourself." Ferus leaned back against the wall, crossing his arms over his chest. [member="Kitty"] may not know it, which was why he continued to press her forward. She would not die, yet, but she would always find herself pressed to the limits.

Such was the way of the Sith.

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
Kitty was a little insulted he thought her natural stamina would run out so quickly. Kitty was about to correct him that it wan't her physical stamina that was the issue, but before she could he started it back up. Kitty tried her best to keep calm and deflect the blasts but with so much of her attention being devoted to keeping calm she couldn't focus on the bolts coming at her one hit her and she screamed from the shock which tipped her over the edge. Kitty's form began shifting getting larger the stun bolts pelting her accelerated it and in no time she was roaring at the top of her lungs and shredding the room to bits her claws easily sinking into the durasteel and shutting the system down. She cared not for Ferus and just continued shredding till she reached rock and even then kept going. Eventually she would calm down the room looking nothing like it used to. Kitty would swiftly seek Ferus out and apologize. That last bit he had said about staying in control well they both knew pretty well that was the part she had the most difficulty with.
[member="Darth Ferus"]

Not a single hint of emotion flashed across the Zabrak's face as [member="Kitty"] suddenly began tearing into the room around them. For now, she didn't seem to show interest on him, but the fact she let herself change was.. Unsettling. Her hide was pelted constantly by fake laser fire, meaning that if it was real she could of very well of been dead.

Finally, when she calmed, he spoke. "You better learn how to control your feelings. If you do not, you will die because of them. This won't always just be a training simulation, and I won't always be there to defend you. Understood?"

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
Kitty's ears and head dropped low as Ferus lectured her. "Yes master." She said apologetically. She really did try hard to keep herself from shifting but it didn't seem to matter what she did. About all she could do was remove herself from whatever was stressing her out, but she couldn't always do that.

Ferus of course wanted her to pay for the damage she caused. Kitty would access her secret stash to pay for the damage. She would return to her room and relax a bit before finally shifting back to her normal form. Unfortunately she couldn't get back to her saber training since repairing the training room would take some time. In the mean time though Kitty was painfully aware her force skills weren't all that great. She knew a couple tricks but it took a lot out of her to use them and they didn't do a whole lot since she didn't know what she was doing all that well.

Kitty would go to Ferus all dressed up again in her usual outfit which she had many of and ask him for some more training in the force.
[member="Darth Ferus"]

Ferus was sitting within the room at this point, looking towards the walls [member="Kitty"] had mercilessly destroyed. He was impressed and annoyed at the same time, but he did not show it externally. In fact, he kept it to himself, just humming a pleasant tune. Until the feline returned. Without glancing over his shoulder he would answer her question, his voice casual.

"Very well. We shall begin again with the Barrier. Is that acceptable?"

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
It seemed Ferus was still in the shredded up training room. She wondered what he was thinking about in here. He then offered to continue training with the force barrier and Kitty's ears sunk low. That force skill always took soo much energy out of her, she'd be drained in no time. "Alright." Kitty said her tone betraying her discomfort.
[member="Darth Ferus"]

A brow raised as Ferus looked over [member="Kitty"] . "Ah? Then what is it you would like to learn?" He caught on pretty quick about her distaste for the lesson he hand in mind, and he wasn't about to waste his time trying to reach something someone didn't want to learn. He waited patiently, watching her closely.

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
"Well I." Kitty didn't really know what she wanted to learn. She was pretty sure she didn't even know some of the basics like force jump. Which gave her an idea. "I've hear there is a force skill the jedi are taught right away that lets them deflect energy without a lightsaber." Kitty said curiously.
[member="Darth Ferus"]

"Ah, deflection. Very well, I'm sure that'll be useful in the future, no?" With that, the Zabrak would turn on a heel, looking back to the room [member="Kitty"] had destroyed prior. A frown now formed on his face. "Though, you sort of ruined the room to train for that. I suppose I could grab an actual pistol and use that against you."

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
Kitty's ears went down as she learned that the training room they would have used for that was the one she just ruined. Her expression went from that of sad to scared when she was told of the alternative Ferus had come up with. "I'm not going to get it right away no matter how talented I am and when it comes to the force I suck. That'll kill me." Kitty said.
[member="Darth Ferus"]

"Part of being a Sith is accepting that you could die any day. The Jedi accept the same. Fear of death should be a power to fuel you to not die, rather than limit you and prevent you from doing anything. Perhaps we need a lesson on the philosophy of the Sith. You know the code, but do you understand it?"

Ferus began to sit down, cross legged as he watched [member="Kitty"] 's form. If she agreed, there would be much to go over.

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
"I have my interpretation. I'm not sure I want to understand it from your point of view or from the point of view from who you were taught. In my eyes the sith are sick and cruel and I don't want to understand their justification for their actions." Kitty said bluntly.
[member="Darth Ferus"]

"In ways, any other belief can be considered cruel. Jedi steal the young from their parents before they can even speak, preventing them from ever knowing what it was to have parents. Mandalorians are brutal, slaughtering people for the sake of war and battle that is their core. But each can be considered good, honorable, in their own way. Are you not curious the truth behind the Sith code, a group you chose to join. A group, that no matter what you do, you will be a part of? You say we are cruel and disgusting, but does that not make you the same?"

Blue eyes watched [member="Kitty"] for a moment longer before he motioned for her to sit. "We have a lot to discuss. Sit."

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
"I don't remember ever saying I thought the jedi were good. I figured my not defecting would be a testament to that." Kitty said. If Ferus's words were meant to be encouraging they weren't. Rather his words were frightening. The young feline was young and idealistic and she was beginning to realize it. Despite her best efforts was she slowly being turned into exactly like them. The young sith had killed a lot of people most of which she did not regret killing. Did that make her a monster?

One of his last comments peaked Kitty's curiosity and more fear. She sat down to listen to what her master had to say and to ponder what he had already. Was he trying to say she was already so corrupt it didn't matter what happened she wouldn't be able to leave. She had to admit she couldn't leave if she wanted to. Kitty considered Ferus a father and she couldn't just leave him. Did that mean she was lost. "I don't want to kill anyone anymore." Kitty said as she started to get a little panicked.
[member="Darth Ferus"]

"In this galaxy, you will always have to kill someone, or they will kill you." Ferus could feel the fear, something that while he took no pleasure in it, he didn't thing of it wrong. Fear could become power for Sith. He would continue though, no tell tale emotion clear on his face. "The darkside is a cruel mother, and consumes all of her children without any hesitation. If you let it control you, you will die. This doesn't mean your body will shut down, but you will loose yourself. You will become something else." A sigh would escape his lips as he watched [member="Kitty"] , knowing nothing he said now would really help. Well, perhaps.

"Unless you control it. Unless you believe, that no matter what, you are protecting yourself and those you care about. I understand you don't know a lot about the Empire or your fellow Sith other than them being monsters, but what we do is to keep people safe. To fight and kill so others don't have to. To keep people like you from going through the things you did."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom