Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hard Lessons (Darth Ferus)

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
Kitty breathed in a nice breath of fresh ocean air. 'Ah finally, a place where load noises aren't constantly threatening to make my ears bleed and stinky man BO and garbage aren't threatening to burn my nose to a crisp.' Kitty thought to herself. She was suppose to be here for training with her master, but it felt more like a vacation. She was so use to busy planets that threatened to overload her to the point of insanity every minuet of every day.

Still as much as Kitty loved her master he was an assassin. She didn't want to acknowledge it but she had a bad feeling things would not be going as well as she was hoping.
[member="Darth Ferus"]

Ferus rather calmly walked up behind [member="Kitty"] . Here at Malif Cove there was always a beautiful view of the sea. The Assassins home, built into the rockface from an assassin order of old, was very well hidden to those who didn't know the entrance. Kitty however, was shown this as she was one of three official apprentices of Ferus himself.

"It's a wonderful view isn't it?" The Sith had given up on trying to hide from the cat woman. Her natural abilities had proven more than enough to sniff out his scent without even needing the Force, but today he was going to show her something else.

"Now, I've called you here for a lesson. You can smell and hear things normal people can't, but what if those are cut off? You need to have some skills sensing people by.. Other means. Once on the ship where I found you you used these skills to kill your master. Now, I will show you how to use it to feel the world around you."

Pulling out a sensory damper kit, the Zabrak would casually hand it to the female. "Put this on. Don't worry, you can take it off when ever you'd like, but I want to show you a different way to see the world."

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
Kitty sensed her master coming long before he actually showed up behind her. He was better at keeping his breathing quite then most everyone but unless he could quiet his heart and mask his scent he would never be able to sneak up on her. She was sure though he would find a way to do both of those things if ever needed to.

Kitty's fears were confirmed right away as her master explained teaching her a new was to sense by blinding the senses she knew how to use. At least it wasn't as bad as she felt it was going to be but it was still really bad. Kitty wanted to protest that her senses were enough for any occasions, but she knew he would have none of it.

Hesitantly Kitty put the dampeners on. It was such a shame you would finally be in a nice pleasant place and not be able to enjoy any of it. Now that the dampeners were on she figured now would be a nice time to complain. "Do I really need a new way to see the world? I already get overwhelmed enough with that which I can see."
[member="Darth Ferus"]

"With this, I can begin to show you how to see the world without it becoming overwhelming. I can show you how to use the Force to keep yourself from hearing too much, and eventually teach you how to control your shape shifting abilities."

Once more the red man waves a hand to the helmet. I was a modified version of a training helm padawans of the Jedi used, so that way the only thing she could hear would be his voice through a com. "You can remove it at any point, but you must wear it for the training. Once you put it on, we can begin."

[member="Kitty"]

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
"Control my shape shifting abilities!?" Kitty couldn't help but laugh aloud to that. "I had even less control than my other kin and it was very rare that even one of them learned to control it. I don't think its possible for me." Kitty said while putting the helmet on. "Alright you can sneak up on me easily now, so now what?"
[member="Darth Ferus"]

Ferus chuckles slightly at [member="Kitty"] 's mocking. She would learn soon enough the true power of the force. Piping up on the com built in, his voice would be crisp and clear. "I want you to sit, close your eyes, and breath. Feel the sand below you, feel the air as it rushes over your skin. Feel the world."

Simple beginnings, meditation was. But be it Sith, Jedi, or anything in between, it was a valuable lesson to increase ones awareness of the Force itself. "As you do, you will begin to feel something more. Go back to when you killed your master. Remember the feeling of the force rushing through you. Feel that energy around you. It is raw, untamed, but with time and effort it is possible for you to shape it to your will."

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
Kitty did as her master asked. She knew what this was turning into. Kitty had invented her own meditation and it worked a lot better for her than regular meditation did. "I feel as if this sand is going to be a huge pain to wash out of my fur." Kitty said referring to her feelings rather than what she physically felt.

Kitty listened as her master went on. But she had further protests once he was finished. "I already know how to use and sense the force I just don't do it very often. How is this suppose to help me block off my senses and control my shifting?" Kitty asked.
[member="Darth Ferus"]

"Focus on what it is I'm saying. Less complaining, more meditation. Feel the force around you, and use to to extend your reach. Feel the waves over the sand, go farther and feel the fish swimming beneath. Listen for their heartbeat. The force will unlock more doors than you would expect."

There was a lot the Zabrak wished to show her, but first she would need to listen. Only then could they press forward.

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
Kitty wasn't very adept at sensing through the force but she shut up and tried to do what her master said anyways. Kitty was able to go so far as to sense the fish but she was unable to sense their heartbeat. Regardless she kept trying and after half an our she got a brief glimpse of the fish's heart beats, but lost it soon after. "Alright."

"Good, good. Now, see the world around you. Within your mind, through the force, see the world. See me, see the sand, the water. See all of it." Ferus was now sitting across from her, cross-legged. She was making more progress than most on their first day, which was very good. This was a good sign. A sign that he smiles about.

[member="Kitty"]

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
"The world, like this whole planet? I can't do that." Kitty protested. She assumed that was what he was talking about. Because she could already see him the sand and the water, but not from the prospective of seeing the whole planet at once.

"No, just that around you. No one can sense an entire planet. Too much information for any mind to process." A bemused smile formed over Ferus's face as [member="Kitty"] spoke. She was learning quickly. "Remove the helmet. We'll take this to the next step."

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
"OK" Kitty said removing the helmet. She was still confused with what any of this was leading up to, but she trusted her master to know what he was doing or at least she tried to.

"Good. You can see, hear, and smell as normal. This is where things can become overwhelming no? Where you smell too much and need to plug your nose? Now, we're going to dampen those without the outside world. Just you and the force."

With that he pulled out a very, very smelly onion. He had used the force to block its scent, but now its stink filled the beach without warning. "Focus on the force. See this scent, and block it [member="Kitty"] ."

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
Kitty yelped as her nose was suddenly assaulted with the what Kitty would call a deadly smell. Her eyes quickly began tearing up not of a result of emotion but as a result of the onion. Kitty tried covering her nose with her hand but it only helped so much. She felt betrayed by her master that he would do something like this to her.

Kitty tried to block it out but with the attack on her nose she couldn't even focus to sense the force. "I can't, please put it away." She pleaded to her master.

"That is not how this works child. Focus on the smell, it is of the Force as well. Shield yourself from it, block it and only it." There was no longer a smile on the mans face. He did not like this, but this was the way of the Sith. [member="Kitty"] was much more fortunate than Ferus's other apprentices, that was for sure. And Ferus hoped to keep it that way, for her sake.

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
Kitty continued to plead to her master to stop but he refused. Kitty tried her best to focus on for starts just sensing the force, however she wasn't given a lot of time to try. Before long her mind and body could tolerate it no more and she began shifting into her much larger and stronger 4 legged form. Her clothing was ripped to shred and the lightsaber she always held onto so closely fell down to no concern of the more feral Kitty. Rage was the only emotion that consumed her, rage over her master betraying her and rage over the damn smelly onion.

The half a ton cat pounced at her master in an attempt to maul him. There was no conscious thought or consideration in what this beast was doing.
[member="Darth Ferus"]

There was a pause for the Zabrak as the beast pounced. So this was all it took to convert the change? Just a small amount of rage sent [member="Kitty"] into a rage. Terrifying really, yet at the same time he thought it was wonderful. "Child, we're going to have to focus on controlling your rage. I apologize for the secrecy for this part, but I hoped the lesson would of actually been about stopping you from smelling certain things. We shall have to move in a new direction now."

Of course, before this he Zabrak raised up both his hands to the soaring beast. The force would act as his shield, forming a barrier in front of him to keep the beast out.

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
Kitty bounced off of his invisible barrier but did not halt her attack. It appeared though as if half a ton of muscle and claws that could rip through durasteel wasn't enough to reach [member="Darth Ferus"], not that is a surprise.

Kitty was in capable of calming down with that onion around. One of the three had to die the onion, Kitty, or Ferus and then the onion. Of course with Ferus's strength Kitty would be the one to die if her master so chose. She was quite a load of work and nobody could blame him for getting rid of a troublesome student. It was't Kitty's fault though she quite literally couldn't control it. Just a bit of stress and she turns into a rage monster. She hated that side of her.

Ferus watched on for a moment before setting the onion itself alight in a purple flame. It would burn away rather quickly. "Calm yourself child. I will show you how to control your rage. After all, I spent years perfecting a way to control my own." A smile formed on the mans face as he let the barrier drop.

[member="Kitty"] would be perfect for the ability he had in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom