Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harassing Members Off The Website

This morning, several of my Staff members brought up the issue of a member harassing other members of SWRP on Skype. Obviously, this is quite a nasty business, because several questions come up -

1. What about freedom of speech?
2. It's on Skype, not the board. Therefore it doesn't count.

To number 1, I say yes - you're right. You're free to harass people, threaten people, all you want. But in America, any business has the right to the refusal of service towards any customer. If I find you undoubtedly guilty of harassing or threatening any of my members, I retain the right to refuse you service.

To number 2, I say no. It does count. You are circumventing our rules by taking it to Skype. You are utilizing Skype chats to harass members - Skype chats so old that nobody really knows who the owner of the chat is any longer.

If I see fit, our rules can and will still apply to you in situations off the board - if the situation dictates that it is directly related to SWRP. Furthermore, I retain the right to refuse you service. Using SWRP is that service.

Please conduct yourself like adults, young or not. This behavior will not be tolerated.

For all those members who currently feel harassed/threatened, please forward your concerns to any of the Admins/RPJs on the Staff team. Staff members will be forwarding them on to the rest of us. We will ask for logs or screenshots, so please provide those too.

Tefka said:
please forward your concerns to any of the Admins/RPJs on the Staff team.
I'm on patrol.

THEHALLMONITOR.jpg

It is indeed sad that this is necessary, and I see an absolutely unholy amount of this crap on Skype all the time, and have on several occasions taken the time to talk to those involved on one matter or another. If necessary, I will make the staff aware of concerns when I come across them.

Sheesh, people have started calling me 'mom', even. I am not at all adverse to bashing a few heads together, when it's needed. <_<

Wicked Witch of Schwartzweld
Tefka said:
To number 2, I say no. It does count. You are circumventing our rules by taking it to Skype. You are utilizing Skype chats to harass members - Skype chats so old that nobody really knows who the owner of the chat is any longer.
This. Thank you for putting it down. This is how it should be but since not everyone seems to embrace the idea, especially when it's really necessary, just a plain thank you for putting it out there.

Really pathetic this has to be an announcement.

To those responsible, grow up. This is the Internet, a place for fun. If you're that petty go play elsewhere. It's called RolePLAY, not SUPER SERIOUS STUFF. So chill out and treat others like you'd like to be treated. People don't log on for this, and I know for a fact that staff doesn't enjoy policing those who can't be mature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom