Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Ham, Salami, Bologna, or Turkey on your sandwich?

Be careful what you wish for.

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...

76682.gif

"ELOAH" (Secondary - Long Handle)

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Jedi Interceptor in landing bay, Dilorian and Bike both in cargo bay)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music"
Tag:

The kitchens of the Temple were actually one huge conglomerate, cooks, chefs, bakers, they all were in and out completing their tasks and arguing over what to make and how to make it. It was nothing to see sentients in and out getting food that was ordered for them. It was not only a job, but a pleasure for those employed in the kitchens to do this. It was not something of the norm to see on, let alone a Jedi working on something.

Yet that is exactly what Caltin was doing. He was behind one of the counters, in and out of dry storage for bread and condiments, in and out of the refrigerators for meats and cheeses. He didn’t eat yet and it was almost sundown. On top of that Caltin was hungry when he had received bad news. A few minutes ago he was up in the Council Chamber telling them about what happened to him, and just as Hope triumphs over Experience, the big guy thought it would help.

It didn’t.

It was just as well though, his entire time as a Jedi, Caltin was a blunt instrument. On a battlefield, yeah his expertise was needed, wanted, and looked on. The problem is that anywhere else, Caltin was looked on like a fool, or an extremist. Maybe that is a bit much for a description, but when people see the muscles and the tattoos before they hear what he has to say, then that is on them.

If that was true, why was he here in the kitchen?

He was here because he felt like he was being used. Like there really is no place for him here unless it was teaching a combat class, or if he was being sent to fight someone. Yes, he was a "Guardian" in every sense of the word. It's true that many considered him to be the one of, if not the Vanguard of the Order. Why is that not enough? Simple. He was more than the sum of his parts and no one wanted to see that. Maybe that was why he was introverted. Maybe that was why he had a level of shyness about him. He made it look like he didn't truly care what others believed, but deep down he did.

Oh well, it's not like anyone was ever going to help him figure it out. Just more fuel to the belief that he doesn't truly fit in never did, and should stop trying to. For all of their bluster and arguments, he had friends in the old Jedi Order, a lot of them that he could count on. Even Ala Quin Ala Quin is not the same person she once was, not even close. Did it really matter anymore? Sure it did. Connections were what makes us all stronger, right? If he does not have that to the others, should he bother?

The sandwich was a big one, but he had made some bigger in the past (it was enough for three people). It was easier to eat here instead of a table. Now, where was the Blue milk?

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
ZhUyygm.png

Last edited:

Sergeant Omen

Arc Trooper Sergeant of the 41st Elite Corps

Omen came into the kitchen holding a crate filled with brewery samples. The Chef had asked him to bring some new Tihaar samples for a tasting. Needless to say, he wasn't expecting to see Master Vanagor be eating a sub sandwich. Well, this was awkward and if the Master glanced at the Clone's posture he could definitely tell how uncomfortable the Clone was to see him after their last meeting as he stood stiff like aboard. "Master... I take it the chef is late for his appointment..."

The Trooper quietly sat the crate down on a counter before getting out the needed supplies from the fridge to make a Ronto wrap for himself. With his back turned to the Master, his voice sounded very tired... The trooper had been working his ass off to repair a broken Tihaar tank which had left him with zero time to relax, not with a laundry list of orders to fill. In fact this was going to be the first time today Omen had eaten anything but a protein bar. "I apologize for my actions during that Covenant meeting... They were... unneeded... Just when you have potentially lost someone that you call a sister, the grief thinks for you..."

Omen softly sighed before starting to put his wraps together on the station. "Just seemed off why you would make a demonstration to the whole group when anyone of us could have reported to the bad guys what you have in that lightsaber. You made it look more like a show of force than an act of kindness."

The out of time Clone gave a light chuckle as he remembered the combat class instruction the Master gave and what the clone saw on Sarko IV. He definitely didn't lack courage in his abilities that was for sure. "Then again, we both can be a little on the pushy side. We also can do great things when we set our mind to it and especially you can if any of your speeches say anything. I have some recorded just to play in the mornings just get pumped for the day. It also gives me the push to keep on training my force abilities even when it is just myself. Maybe your next class can be in public speaking." He wondered what the Master was thinking behind that massive sandwich. Hopefully, the cholesterol levels wouldn't get to the Old man before words could be processed by the Veteran Jedi's above-average brain.

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

76682.gif

Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Jedi Interceptor in landing bay, Dilorian and Bike both in cargo bay)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music" , "Aricsias" Wookiee Clan (pops in and out of posts)
Tag: Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala

The big guy was cutting his sandwich in half, and pickle in spears when he felt a familiar presence. It was the Clone who tried to be helpful but ended up (unwittingly to be sure) pushy on Sarko, and then seemed to go off on him on some random tangent in front of a bunch of Mandalorians. It was funny when he thought about it. Sure, it made sense to be among them as the base material (Jango Fett) he was cloned from was thought to be a “foundling” but the first designate (Boba) didn’t look at himself as anything but a son.

Caltin didn’t know anything about an “appointment”, he simply came in and made a sandwich for himself, so he didn’t really respond to the query. The big guy acknowledged the Clone Wars veteran with a head nod, he just went about looking for something to drink. He gave a bit of a backhanded apology, to which Caltin let him do so. It was difficult for Omen, apparently having to deal with the loss of someone close to him. That in itself was an oddity because he was a Clone Trooper, they fought in a war. Did he not lose “brothers”? Maybe he was an A.R.C.? Oh well, that was irrelevant at the moment. He could feel a level of sympathy though, it was hard to lose someone you’re close to, no matter how hard they try, even Jedi(the stereotypical ones) feel that sense as well.

Then came the insult. The big guy was more annoyed that the former trooper seemed to be still harping on something that was so minor. Was he really apologetic? Or just trying to relieve any potential awkwardness? The massive Jedi Master did indeed show up a little melodramatically, but he was there for the benefit of the Covenant. They needed to know about what could happen in the future if they did not prepare for it. It was a showing of honor, and respect, many of them he had fought alongside multiple times. While the big guy may not be forthcoming with the information to all “Mandos” they deserved it, he considered them to be friends…

… some of them anyway.

At this point, none of it mattered as it was in the past, and indeed, Omen was entitled to his own opinion. He held no grudge and wished no ill-will. After all, he was a pushy Assh*

I am not pushy!

Yes, you are. Anyway, the big guy listened to what he had to say, was actually pleasantly surprised that someone was listening when he opened his mouth and nodded.

Don’t worry yourself over it. “Whatever was said or done is in the past, and worrying about what is behind you will only cause you to miss what is in front of you.”

No, he didn’t listen to Master Tarkin, no, not at all.

Shut up.

Dude, that was what she said to you, verbatim!

Whatever… Anyway, don’t worry about it. It’s often easy to misinterpret things when we’re closed off to each other. Something we should all try to work on, I guess.

Damn, maybe he SHOULD try that public speaking class?

Think so?

Definitely, as he took a bit, the big guy noticed that someone else was coming in. He half expected her to call him back to the chambers, or kick Omen out to talk alone.

Stay here, regardless of what she says.

Taking another bite he just waited.

ZhUyygm.png

Sergeant Omen

Omen slid over a mason jar of Lemon Lime Sunrise Tihaar across the counter to the Master Jedi. "Try it. You might even like it." It was something new that he had created and he was eager to have it sampled. If the Chef wasn't here then a Jedi Master would have to do. All he hoped was that the Master didn't think he was trying to poison him. Now how to explain Jhira... "As for my "sister" well... Have you ever had someone take you in when you feel you are at your lowest, helping reach new heights? Thats her for me. And now I need to help her. We have friends searching for her location but knowing the Maw, she could be anywhere..." He quieted down and nodded at the Master's sage words. "Just know you won't have to worry about who is behind you from now on." At the end of the day, they could butt heads all they wanted but the soldier and the Master would still have to fight beside each other and Omen would rather the duty be a pleasant one.​
The Clone then got his own jar out and unscrewed the cap, taking a small sip of the liguid."Communication has been an issue in our ranks in the past... Sarko only being one example with one Jedi trying to bargain with the terrorists and all the rest trying to knock down their front door. It was very... chaotic... Not something I'm used to. Plus we Mandos really don't have a say when it comes to government. We have a big group of death that you call up on a whim, we might as well get general representation on the council. Hell, we have two Master level force users in the Conclave for nerf's shake so you can't veto on because we have no forceusers. I could even be counted as a Jedi if I only got formally trained." The Clone raised a hand in apology. He was shooting his mouth off for no reason again and the Master needed to know his point. " I... I just want the Conclave to know who we are facing as soon as the Council does so we can judge for ourselves what it would take to win a battle rather than just being two bit contractors. Why should we fight and give our lives for something we don't have a formal stake in? Contracts are nice but whats money to someone if they are dead? I know I'm not going to change that by myself however much I want too but I figure if I shout loud enough who knows what will happen. "
The Soldier then stop speaking completely as he heard footsteps coming down the hall, only nodding at the Jedi's wish for him to stay. And so he would stay, waiting for who would come through the door.​

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

unknown.png
What came through the ornate door could be both the most scary creature in the Mid Rim, or the most beneficent. Today, Sakadi Sinvala was neither.

She entered with shuffling steps that scuffed the greasy floor. Her lilac eyes, always sharp and sparkling, lacked their usual vibrancy. The eyes were the window to the soul, and hers was definitely drifting.

Her appearance had been nothing but a façade for the last eleven days. Whenever she had a moment alone, she felt like she were on the verge of collapse. At first, she had believed it was the exhaustion that finally caught up with her. But several sleepless nights had proven otherwise. Meditation hadn't helped either, and neither had the typically soothing touch of the Force. To keep herself occupied, the Councillor had thrown herself fully into her work instead. Whenever a Knight hailed the temple to report on their mission, it was her who had responded to their call. These were draining late night conversations, but at least they helped her fall asleep a bit faster.

If only she could've actually felt rested afterwards, that would have been great.

A part of her knew exactly what caused her torment. But the simple truth was that she did not accept it. She flat out rejected the truth. And she knew it.

Her eyes shifted over the personnel, realising only a fraction too late that Master Vanagor was among them too. As was someone she did not quite know, with a noticeable presence in the Force. Her weary gaze remained locked on them for a moment. What was it about them that made her feel unwelcome? The stares? Force signature? The anticipation that lingered in the kitchen?

"Don't mind me. I won't be here long." She conveyed after a moment, raising the datapad for them to see.

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen [/i]

76682.gif

Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music" , "Aricsias" Wookiee Clan (pops in and out of posts)

“Those who say they will forgive but can’t forget, simply bury the hatchet but leave the handle out for immediate use.” - DL MOODY

Never one to turn down something new, Caltin took the drink and took a sip. It was a lot tangier than he was expecting, he didn’t like tangy, but it wasn’t bad. Not something he would turn away if offered. Listening to the form Clone Trooper’s recollection of why he was acting as he did recently, Caltin nodded in full acknowledgment. As Omen went on about his troubles, the big thing that came to mind was something he could offer in the way of understanding.

One day in the future, I will tell you about a woman, a Jedi Knight by the name of “@Ala”. As for the Covenant, you actually do have representation. I don’t remember exactly who as I’m not always on-planet. Even if you didn’t, you have more “traditional” Jedi I guess you could say, in your corner than you think. That is why I chose to show as many of the clans as I could. To show you that respect. I’ve fought alongside many and consider you “brothers” and “sisters” just like back when we were fighting the Confederacy. I’m not going to try and change your mind or anything, only you can decide what is best for you, but we’re not your enemy and you’re out our tools. I hope you realize this.

Genuinely, the big guy had hope that Omen understood. While they may not be “friendly” just yet, they were all under the same roof, and that in the end was all that Caltin had really cared about. There was a tentativeness to him though that, regardless of how he identified as Mandalorian, there was the Clone programming in his tone. That was an unfair weight on the soldier’s future.

Then as Sakadi walked in, Caltin was ready for some level of an attempted lecture, or moreso an argument. He was tired of being misunderstood whenever he spoke up, but what could he do about it? Talk? No one ever really wanted to listen to him, they only “heard”. No, he did not want to have whatever conversation he was half-expecting to have, but in the end, it was probably for the best and needed. What he did not expect to see, or feel was just how downtrodden she was. The Silent Master looked like he often felt. Was there something more to this? Was she just having a bad day?

Before he knew it, the massive Jedi Master was making more cuts to his sandwich, one half was cut in half, and on a second plate, pickle spears adorning the sides. If a diagnosis could be so simple, Caltin noticed that she looked like she hadn’t eaten in days. Naturally, the woman was being shy and not wanting to intrude and as much as he wanted to let her just leave, Caltin had to be able to look at himself in the mirror and if she needed a friend, she would have one, even if the gesture would not be reciprocated.

Don’t be silly, Master Sinvala. Have a seat, take the load off, eat. This is Omen.

He offered half his sandwich and grabbed a stool, hoping, against his mood, that she would accept.

ZhUyygm.png

Sergeant Omen

Omen regretted trying to argue his points as the Master cut them apart. The embarrassment he felt was immeasurable Only he could do was give off a small smile of apology as he listened to the Master's response. "Forgive me, I should have done my homework before opening my trap. That is why you are the Master and I'm just a soldier. When I stay up on my mountain brewing and thinking up imaginary problems that are already solved. Atleast you get to taste some of my good work in exchange. The tihaar was one of his finest batches yet and he was glad to see it went down the Master's throat and not up. It looked like his brew was ready for export. But now was not the time to forget the important part of what the Master was implying. "Don't worry, I'm not leaving my Silver brothers and sisters anytime soon. I look forward to hearing all your stories both short and lengthy in the future."

The Clone frowned as he saw what came from the passageway. The woman looked like she had been dragged through Mos Eisley by a dewback. As Master Vanagor introduced him, the Clone gave her another mason jar and a salute to go along with her meal. "It seems like you need this liquid more than anyone in Silver Rest Ma'am. Your duties must be stressful to the extremes" He could only guess what her duties were but they must be important if they made her look like this. He gave a passing glance at the datapad before backing away and leaning against the far wall to let the two Jedi talk. Maybe it would be about electing a new Grand Master or a massive Counter Attack against the Maw as retaliation for the bombardment on Coruscant. Either way, he would wait, plucking out and juggling his fake eye as the court jester while the two monarchs talked. Unless the Jedi needed him or his rash opinions, he would remain that wallflower for all of time. He had already embarrassed himself in front of one person tonight, being embarrassed in front of two people was just excessive, even for him.

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala

unknown.png
It was unlike her to accept the aid of others. Kindness was always welcome. But an outstretched hand? That was much more difficult to accept. Either because she had her regrets about growing up with servants, or her belief that the Jedi should be the ones who selfishly offered their aid.

But then again. Caltin Vanagor was a Jedi, wasn't he?

Before she could muster up the strength to reject his offer, the Jedi Master already found her subconscious dragging her body to the table. Grateful to get some rest. "Sorry to bother you." If her projected voice could be reduced to a faint muttering, she would've done so.

"It seems like you need this liquid more than anyone in Silver Rest Ma'am. Your duties must be stressful to the extremes" She glanced at the soldier. He wasn't wrong. While nothing seemed comparable to the horrors of war, actively making the decision to send people into the field was just as extreme. If the Jedi sent on missions came back injured or deceased, that was on the Council. On her. Although that wasn't the source of her problems.

Her gaze shifted to Vanagor.

"I'm okay. It's nothing." She said, accepting both the drink and part of the sandwich with a grateful nod. "More importantly Master Vanagor, how are you feeling?" It was a poor attempt to change the subject. But perhaps it would work.

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen

76682.gif

Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Jedi Interceptor in the landing bay, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music", "Aricsias" Wookiee Clan (pops in and out of posts)

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard Feynman
Clearly, she was not alright.

I would not have offered you a chair and part of my sandwich if you were bothering me.

He was instantly no longer interested in the said sandwich, as the normally positive Jedi before him sat down in what could only be described as some level of depression. He wouldn't pry, but he was not convinced of anything else. Maybe it was because he was feeling more like an asset than a colleague that the big guy could look at this from the perspective that he had. She and Omen both, looked like they needed someone to talk to, and maybe that was what he was good for, other than a fight.

He didn't ignore the Clone, right now though it looked like his fellow Council Member was hiding something, and while he would not press the matter, as he had his own issues to deal with, the big guy would not just let her off the hook.

I guess you could say that I am "hanging in there", but I am more concerned about a colleague right now. I don't have many, if any friends, so I know what it is like to hide things.

ZhUyygm.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom