Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another fork in the road (SJC Council)

Be careful what you wish for.

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...

53950.gif

"ELOAH" (Primary - Long Handle)

"ELOHAI" (Secondary - Long Handle)
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Dilorian and Bike both in cargo bay)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music"
Tag: Kiara Ayres Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield Jairdain Jairdain Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Zorah Cinsilo Zorah Cinsilo

"I'm no lab rat."

It's funny. This has been his mantra for a long time, a long time. Caltin had never liked the thought of being poked or prodded or examined. To him, that felt like he was someone's experiment and that was a problem to him because it was humiliating. It was also a problem because being humiliated showed a level of hubris that went against the Code. Even today, after so long he felt that way. It was detrimental to him for a long time and did indeed hold him back just as many Jedi of his past had told him. That was then though, as recently some of his new and burgeoning abilities is the fact that (for what he can determine) the Force itself has accessed and him the knowledge and experience of the last eight hundred+ years.

On top of that, Caltin was now a member of a Jedi Council. For a long time (and still), his belief that he was a better leader and role model in the field than in some chamber, but if they were going to trust and understand what he had just gone through not so long ago, then they needed to know what happened. So that is why the big guy called for everyone to come to this. Sure, not everyone could make it, and that was fine, it was not like this was mandatory, but the massive Jedi Master wanted transparency on his end. This was a new life, and he wanted to make a new start.

Thank you... for being here. I... this is difficult for me. Not used to taking attention away from those who need it... okay. Not that long ago, I... my connection to the Force was losing focus. Almost like a binocular lens fogging up. The only place that could have helped me... well... they changed me in a lot of ways. That's the reason why I'm here. I'm still the same man, but I wanted you, each of you who desired, to look me over and learn what you can.

So you'll understand.

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
ZhUyygm.png

While Jairdain was not one to often come to Council meetings, she had been drawn to attend this one. Through her years as a Padawan and Knight, the ones she had been present had usually turned into fighting and yelling matches. Hoping that wouldn't happen to this one, she listened as another Master and Council member spoke.

"Master, what happened?"

He already sort of answered the question but not totally. She wanted as much information as possible before taking him up on the offer to examine him.

The dark-haired woman leaned forward and appeared to be looking at Caltin. her eyes were unfocused but her attention on him came from the Force.

If he looked at her clothing, it might not be what a Jedi was expected to wear. They were well made, clearly tailored to fit her, and dark. Well, not her shirt. That was white. Her pants and jacket were black.

Even though she had only said a few words, he might be able to pick up on a slight accent. As she waited for his answer, the thought came to her...she actually did not know who he was. By name, she did, but they had never actually met in person.

"I am Master Jairdain Ismet. Councilor, diplomat, and healer."

Giving him something of a formal nod, she introduced herself and waited on his answer.

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

Z89V35n.png

Caltin's words echoed through the circular room located in Silver Rest's tallest spire. Rays of sunlight shone through the large open windows, bathing the decorated marble floor in a golden glow. Standing in the room was breath-taking, especially when gazing upon Kashyyyk's horizon. She understood why the few Padawans and Knights who appeared before the council, found it both beautiful and intimidating. But today, it was no Padawan nor Knight who needed guidance or reprimanding. No heated arguments about the great war. The Sith Campaign, or the New Imperial Order. This was an entirely different matter.

Sakadi's eyes narrowed slightly once Caltin finished. He had mentioned a faltering connection, but as he said, that was no longer the case. The Jedi Master's signature in the Force had changed. Changed drastically. Her own sensory abilities, developed through years of meditation, practice and study, were the foundation of her understanding and mastery of the Living Force. But even after all those years, it was difficult to explain what her mind's eye perceived. The energy of the Living Force flowed through all beings. It burned like candleflames. But what resided in Caltin felt static. As if the energy that flowed through the broad-shouldered Master had frozen. Perfectly content on staying where it was. If she didn't know better, she would have considered his signature a wound in the Force.

Perhaps that was why his mental state received her attention first. "Do you feel any different, Master Vanagor? Have you noticed any sudden changes in your behaviour or capabilities, perhaps?"

53950.gif

"ELOAH" (Primary - Long Handle)

"ELOHAI" (Secondary - Long Handle)
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Dilorian and Bike both in cargo bay)
Tag: Jairdain Jairdain Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala

The brunette looked him over with an eye that might be disconcerting at first, but considering who she was, and where they were he could put it off. What made him wonder though was her question. Did something really happen? Was there some magnanimous accident? Not really? Of course, everything that had happened can be traced back to Sarka and his experiences there. Maybe there was more to this and, and maybe it was simply the beginning of it all, but that day is what made the most sense.

Well met, Master Ismet.

Sakadi was doing her own thing. Of course, this new facet of his connection was the fact that they had spoken through the Force in the past. Like he had initially found with Aayla Shan Aayla Shan , anyone to which he had done so previously had almost unfiltered, uninhibited access to his thoughts. It was frightening to many, and even gave him pause, but it was something that he had to accept and work on if he was going to understand this.

Yes, Caltin had made his peace with this, and he was more than alright with learning this new aspect of how his life was turning out. The Force did indeed have a sense of humor.

The best thing I can attribute this to is probably back to our engagement of the Bryn’adul on Sarka. I was engaging their Chieftain directly and brought down the strongest bolt of lightning from a storm that I had summoned. Long story short, I was pulled under it and was hit directly.

Looking back at Sakadi, he simply continued.

I’m sure that you can tell a part of what is different about me. As for the rest? I’m still learning.

Reaching out, the big guy lifted his council chair up a few feet where it was and set it back down. There was nothing special or unique about this other than the significant electrical field around the chair and emanating from his hand. Anyone who would notice would see the thunder clouds forming outside only to disappear just as quickly.

I don’t have to think about doing anything. I just do it. It just… happens.

A shrug and a smirk, trying to be funny, he quipped.

Weird, Huh?

ZhUyygm.png

Silver Jedi Council Member

Z O R A H  C I N S I L O
orange.png
Equipment/attire: Lightsaber, Standard Jedi Robes​
Location and time: Silver Rest, Council chambers, Kashyyyk​
DYnZ0fN.png

The halls of the Silver Rest were crowded as always, with Padawan Learners talking to one another about various things, often relating to their training if not the current state of war between certain factions. It kept them busy, however, it was also sad how these, often teenagers, people had to worry about such things. Either way, the Jedi Consular had to make her way through the dense crowds that occurred in these exact hallways, often clearing her throat to make the simple suggestion as to what they should be doing as she wandered with a rather swift pace towards the Council chambers. She had been informed that one of the Jedi Councilors had wished to speak to the group about a certain topic, yet the rest of it had possibly slipped past her as she had been busy guiding the younglings, be it initiates or padawans, with their first lessons in how to sense the Force. It was a rather fun activity however drained quite the energy if done for a long time.

With a smile on her face, she slowly pushed the tall doors to the council chambers as Zorah made her way towards the group as she made a formal and swift nod out of respect and utmost apology as to why she was late during such a time. With a bit of hesitation, the Jedi Master remained distanced for the time that one of her colleagues, if not companions, had remained talking about something. She slowly neared her chair before taking a seat and observing the Master's actions, they hadn't spoken to one another yet so there were only a few names in this council which she actively knew.

As there was some sort of thundercloud swirling around the object and this certain master's hand, her attention span would almost spike, fascinating... Even if she had studied the Force throughout all those years on this planet or even as a Jedi, this specific attribute seemed to share some similarities to the dark side ability simply known as 'Force Lightning', however it would almost be too peculiar for that to happen so Zorah placed her bets on some variant of 'Electric Judgment'. It all appeared to be a bit confusing to the Master itself but those could all develop to be illusions, even if the aura that danced around the Master hinted at certain humour if not joy.

''I apologise for my sudden entrance, it's quite disrespectful and I am aware of that. Master, I don't believe we have met yet, I am Jedi Master Zorah Cinsilo. A diplomat, healer and can frequently, be seen teaching the Padawans and younglings the basics of the Force. ''

DYnZ0fN.png

Last edited:

76682.gif

"ELOAH" (Secondary - Long Handle)

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Jedi Interceptor in landing bay, Dilorian and Bike both in cargo bay)
Tag: Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield Jairdain Jairdain Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Zorah Cinsilo Zorah Cinsilo

Well met, Master Cinsillo.

She was later to the party and he did not hold that against her. He held nothing against any of them who had not spoken up yet. After all, this was a lot to take in. The thing is though, none of them seemed to look at him in any other way than that of curiosity. Maybe this was going to work out after all? Either way, looking around for any questions, or concerns, other than the eager minds of Jairdain Jairdain and Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala , he simply waited.

ZhUyygm.png

Z89V35n.png

The best thing I can attribute this to is probably back to our engagement of the Bryn’adul on Sarka. I was engaging their Chieftain directly and brought down the strongest bolt of lightning from a storm that I had summoned. Long story short, I was pulled under it and was hit directly.

The lightning. She vaguely recalled reading what had happened in one of the many battle reports. While she wasn't always present at the front lines, she made sure to stay informed on as many details as possible. After all, that was her task as member of the High Council.

"If it takes so little to bring about change, are you sure you can control it?" Self-control was the foundation of any good Jedi's connection to the Force. What this phenomenon brought their fellow Master, however, made it unclear whether that still was the case. "Forgive me if my question sounds rude. You're one of the most reliable and capable Jedi I know, Master Vanagor." She rarely if ever gave compliments. That was why she didn't intend to linger on it. "I suppose that's why I'm worried. Please, keep us informed on how your powers develop Master Vanagor." She leaned back in her chair. There was little she could note or point out - only time would tell what kind of consequences were tied to these developments.

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Zorah Cinsilo Zorah Cinsilo Jairdain Jairdain

76682.gif

"ELOAH" (Secondary - Long Handle)

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Jedi Interceptor in landing bay, Dilorian and Bike both in cargo bay)
Tag: Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield Jairdain Jairdain Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Zorah Cinsilo Zorah Cinsilo

What the F...

He was not insulted.

He was not surprised.

He was not angry.

He was not anything at this point...

If anything Caltin felt that he should have known better, to think he actually believed he would not be looked on any differently than he would have been back in his time was laughable at this point. No, he was beyond any kind of emotion, regardless of the fact that he would now become a pariah around here. To think he actually believed he could actually feel comfortable up here.

Alright.

That's not true, no, it's not. They're just concerned about his welfare. Worried that he can't control his gifts. Worried that their Vanguard might be a danger to everyone.

If there's nothing else. I'll head out.

He didn't really wait for an answer. The big guy wasn't rude, he bowed, but he left before anyone acknowledged him.

ZhUyygm.png

Nodding when Caltin acknowledged her, she listened to his answer. Nodding as he spoke about what he thought might have been the cause since this was the first time they had met, there was no change she could have noticed. Others in the room were different though and he turned to address them. He was able to admit he was still learning and that was enough to please Jairdain. Life was a learning process and if a day ever came where she didn't learn something, that would mean she had died. Even then, there might still be more to learn.

As he displayed his newfound skill, she did indeed notice the weather change outside. That was certainly interesting. No matter what the outcome of this meeting turned out, she hoped to have a conversation with Caltin about it later.

When the clouds cleared again suddenly, it caused her to raise an eyebrow. This moment also brought the arrival of Zorah who apologized for being late. Caltin greeted her the same way he had her and she felt this was just how the man was. Quite endearing actually but Jairdain didn't think that at the moment.

Then Sakadi asked her question. Wasn't that potentially why he was here? Caltin was asking for help, in her mind. The way Sakadi approached things, it came across as being rude. Another apology happened but it seemed to come too late and the man that had requested this meeting walked out.

"Well, I don't think that went as well as it could have."

Sitting back in her chair, what had been revealed was interesting and something she would look into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom