Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Halmij

Status
Not open for further replies.
pub

pub

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Planet Name: Halmij
  • Demonym: Halmijian
  • Region: outer edge of the Mid Rim
  • System Name: The Halmisian System
  • System Features: The Halmisian System
    • One sun
    • Three, effectively, barren dwarf planets, lacking adequate atmospheres
    • one gas Giant
    • Two forest planets, both of which are lacking colonization
    • The Aforementioned Oceanic Encumenopolis of Halmij

• Major Imports: Air based and terrestrial foodstuffs, refined metals (1), and glass,

(1) The refined metals in question are, in majority the refined metals of the ores exported; durasteel, tungsten, copper, gold, lead, and silver; this is because of the nature of the city being built of a lot of glass tunnels and domes, thus the heat produced by blast furnace would be sub optimal to a city that exists has little room to accommodate such large scale temperatures produced as a byproduct of large scale refineries of ore
  • Major Exports: Aquatic based foodstuffs both flora and fauna, tourism; raw ores of durasteel, tungsten, copper, gold, lead, and silver; sand, salt and gemstones
  • Unexploited Resources: Mercury pools at the bottom of the oceans, as well as the relatively untapped sources of geothermal power at the depths of oceanic chasms as well as whatever potential sources of mine-able resources have yet to been leapt at

GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION
  • Gravity: 1.125 standard
  • Climate: Tropical on the surface, growing logically colder as one goes deeper into the depths of the waters, as oceans are wont to do, reaching the floor of most continental shelves would result in freezing temperatures that only get colder as one descends into oceanic chasms that begin to heat up before reaching the geothermal volcanic vents at the depths of said chasms
  • Atmosphere: Type I
LOCATION INFORMATION
  • Capital City: : Fulair
  • Planetary Features: Halmij is an oceanic Ecumenopolis; to a newcomer, clouds covering the blue oceans that are intercut by the tops skyscrapers of metal and glass featuring pointed swooping buttresses and spires peeking the waves. Among locations to land a ship are various commercial and public shuttle landings, as well as several notable buildings where the more wealthy have their personal shuttles and space ships, namely the central capital’s tower, most companies having one for employees, and some of the apartment towers having ones for landlords. There are, of course, several above the surface and underwater docks for surface and submersible sea crafts respectively.
  • Major Locations: The capitol building stands out from the various other submerged buildings with the rather pretentious and grandiose feel it gives off, constantly illuminated, always kept clean, larger windows to show off the grand halls inside.
    In addition, here are the obligatory tourist traps of recreational areas used to show off the glories of living in an oceanic encumenopolis, all intent on building off of various playful thematic carnivalesque fanfairs and attractions.

POPULATION
  • Native Species: Fish and Plants, neither of which were sentient
  • Immigrated Species: Much akin to Coruscant, most any sapient races could be found on Halmij, since the five hundred or so years of it's 'rediscovery', however, a notable difference is there is an ironic lack of aquatic or amphibious races in terms of large numbers. This will be further explained in the following sections.
  • Population: Crowded
  • Demographics: The sapient population of Halmij are of great variety as said before, there are, in the most general terms, a sort of organization to where certain races are found in terms of regions and social circles (2). Generally speaking the Humans and near humans (3) are towards the higher levels, whereas more alien looking races (4) were generally towards the sea floor among the depths due to either other's innate lack of liking towards their appearance or a general lack of business acumen.

2. Well generally the wealthier the individual the closer they live to the surface in terms of placement on towers, with more of the unsavory bunches being closer to the depths and oceanic floors, with the even worse being in the buildings cemented in the unspeakable depths of the chasms. In short, the distribution is varied, with a consistent trend of if someone has yearnings of commerce and/or business, they will be welcome among Halmij's businesses. The caveat is a lack of more, aquatically attuned races one might find on their visits to the world, this is supported by a common rule of thumb, people come to halmij for Novelty, Business, or a mistake, given that races like Gungans, or Mon Calamari, lack a novelty of living in an underwater city, the planet did not strike them as appealing.

3. Some examples are; Humans, Twilek, Chiss, Pantorans, Zeltrons, Togruta, Etcetera etcetera, Bipedal, sapient, and human ish are among this 'category' NOTE, this is more of a generalization of style, less a comprehensive list of those with human enough features for the common folk to associate with on business dealings, as such there are bound to be exceptions and other examples.

4. These are species that do not look just like human with extra steps, IE; Besalisk or Chevin those sorts of things, that don't look quite normal to someone who hadn't seen one like them before, again, this is for more on a generalization and less of an explicit list, as, this is an encumenopolis, subsequently there will be exceptions to these examples equally as likely as strong support of such examples
  • Primary Languages: Galactic Basic
  • Culture: A strong influence of commerce and capitalism rules in Halmij, as to be expected with the corporate and urban feel nature of the world, with varied interests and sects in varying areas, albeit for the most part the world is quite secular in terms of grand scale. As such the culture of Halmij is very clearly a meritocracy in both politics, and social views, albeit the merits are exclusively considered on the economic front. In short, if you can make money, you are welcome.

GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
  • Government: Corporate Republic Democracy
  • Affiliation: Halmij is both within the space of as well as under law and regulations of the Confederacy of Independent Systems
  • Wealth: High on a grand scale this planet’s economy is sustainable and generally plentiful. Though credits flow as free enough here, the hands and wallets those credits flow into changes with the ebb and flows of the free market.
  • Stability: Medium. The biggest issue to outsiders is that the government is decided by companies, with only about a third of the voting representatives actually being picked from the populace, with the other two thirds of the voting representatives are based on a collection of ‘votes’ given to companies based on Halmij, it could be noted that the market of real estate is considered a ‘company’ and landlords are essentially picked by lotteries to see which of them would be chosen to given those votes. Beyond this confusion of how the votes are sorted the government runs as the elected representative figure, known as the Foreman, and the ‘Board of Directors’ which is, in actuality a collection of individuals within voting companies and populace, that serve as a parliament to the decisions of the foreman, also noted the Foreman is decided from a member of the Board, and to become a board representative of your company or region on Halmij there are further voted positions to be had and such.
  • Freedom & Oppression: Capitalism is a strong driving point of Halmij’s operation, as such, and as shown with the stand out individuals, if someone is willing to work their share, they will earn their pay, thus market restrictions for better or worse, are greatly limited outside of the restrictions inherent to the CIS, outside of that which is not outright banned by the prior, you can probably find it in Halmij if you go deep enough into the depths.

MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY

• Military: There is no real military beyond what would be considered inadequate for a population of Halmij’s size, however the tradeoff is that the governmental law enforcement, company security, and personal guards and/or stooges of the rich make up for the lacking of active military force in the front of keeping law and order while on planet
  • Technology: Galactic Standard
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The history of Halmij, is one of both interest and disgust, having started as simply another water world with no real intent or value to be expected on it. This was all up until one individual whose name is lost to antiquity, but what is known is that this individual was desperate, and owned a mining company. They hedged one last bet on finding something, and so they might’ve done a deal under the table, out of the view of the company’s backers, getting a ship that could land on the surface of the water he would send mining teams equipped to go to the bottom of the sea and mine, taking hauls up to the surface. Needless to say this was deemed ineffective for prolonged use, and ultimately the foreman of this company opted to make a small base at the bottom and mine from there, and then expanded the aquatic mining camp before being found out by some entrepreneurial traders who set up private shops in this camp. One thing led to another and the planet’s dubious mining operation was leading to a small frontier town, and as the realization there were no sentient civilizations on the planet sank in, the mining town at the bottom of the ocean started to grow, and grow, and grow...

This culminated in a world sprawling with an illegal mining operation based complex crisscrossing across the planet. Unfortunately for those working there, when news came in of the scenario across the galaxy around 700 years ago, the Gulag Plague, as such was a startling realization that drove the planet into abandonment by either death from the infection, or people opting to leave because dying on an illegal mining colony, namely due to it being illegal and no one had really known it existed throughout it's entirety of development during the galactic civil war and possibly even further back.

This changed when a group of refugees started to head out and explore in the wake of the darkness caused by the plague... What was found was an abandoned city with posters about the foreman is always right,the board must be appeased, etcetera, etcetera. The new settlers opted to revive the memory of what they thought was once a great encumenopolis, as such kept the name of the controlling parties as they repopulated the planet via immigration. This lead to the subsequent formation of their interesting governmental system. The planet, though living in relative obscurity, was found and adopted into the CIS under terms of accepting the terms of their law and acceptance into Viceroyalty, albeit it is by far viewed as less the Viceroy is the main controlling force, but rather the Viceroy stands as the 'controlling share holder' on the Board of Directors, as such ensuring that should such a vote occur that CIS's interests are outside that of the planet's votes, due to the standing as 'controlling party'.

Fast forwarding to the present day where mining is but part of the businesses on the planet, however it should be noted, there are still museums of the old abandoned mining shafts, new mining installations, fisheries, and all sorts of other businesses currently on planet from the relatively young age for an encumenopolis, due to only truly forming as a city in the last few centuries due to the prior existence as a mining complex, subsequent abandonment, and rediscovery. However it has gained a reputation as a borderline, no pun intended, fishy, amount of merchants among the depths and bottom feeders outside the buildings, nevertheless.

"Welcome to Halmij your business is welcome here, please enjoy your stay in our aquatic metropolis, and please, for everyone's safety and comfort, refrain from tapping on the glass. Have a nice day."
-Halmesian Tour Guide's Speech upon entering the surface elevator.

Last edited:

Zak Dymo

Z
Drang Drang

Thank you for your patience. I will be doing the first level review for you. As you may already know, planet submissions require a review by a Codex Judge, followed by a second review by either an RPJ or Admin.

This looks like a solid foundation overall, though I do think that I have some suggestions that will help to clarify this submission further. Due to their ability to be added to the map, we want planet submissions to be fully developed concepts that provide avenues for roleplay.

1. Broken Image Links.
LXx51oc.png

I asked a few other members to view this submission and each stated that the images were broken for them as well. If you need any assistance with hosting your images, please let me know and I'm happy to help.

2. System Features:
System Features: The Halmisian System has one sun three plutoid dwarf planets a gas giant, the aforementioned prominent planet Halmij, and a pair of forest planets

This is a little clustered at the moment. Making use of commas to divide up the list would be one solution, but you might consider re-organizing that sentence a bit. For example:

System Features: One sun; One gas giant; Three terrestrial planets (Halmij, plus two forest planets); Two dwarf planets​

Alternately, you could use sub-bullets to indicate the orbital positions relative to the star. I assume the three terrestrial planets are in the habitable region, for example. Also, what should the reader know about the star? Is it a particular type of star?

3. Remove Force Nexus
  • Force Nexus (Optional): N/A
    Intent: N/A
    Nexus Name: N/A
  • Nexus Alignment: N/A
  • Size:N/A
  • Strength: N/A
  • Accessibility: N/A
  • Effects: N/A

As per the Codex Standardized Rules, this part of the template should be removed if N/A.

4. Affiliation

Affiliation: Halmij is both within the space of as well as under law and regulations of the https://www.starwarsrp.net/group/the-confederacy-of-independent-systems.1/info’] Confederacy of Independent Systems[/URL]

Your BB code broke here, I believe because of the ' inside the brackets.

Stability
WIxHcy8.png

Your bullet bb code seems to have broken. I'd recommend fixing that before this gets locked and approved. If you need any assistance with that, just let me know and I'm happy to help.

6. History

Looking at the canon timeline, when was Halmij discovered? Where were its first settler's from? Was it impacted at all by the Galactic Civil War or any previous or subsequent conflict?

Looking at the Chaos timeline, how was Halmij impacted by the Gulag Plague or the Four Hundred Years Darkness? Were there any effects felt from the Netherworld event?

Looking at its faction affiliation, how has Halmij fared as a member of the Confederacy? Is it represented in the Viceroyalty? If no, how do the residents feel about that? If yes, how do the residents feel about the Confederacy or Confederate politics generally?

Those are my thoughts and I look forward to yours in reply. Please tag me when you have had the opportunity to complete any edits.

Zak Dymo

Updated theimages, they should work now, if not I'll work it out this time
Fixed describing the system's contents
Fixed the CIS faction link
Fixed the bullet point
Will work on others when I get the time

Zak Dymo

Z
Drang Drang

Thank you for the edits that you've made so far. The images look good. Please let me know when your edits are complete and you're ready for another look.

Drang Drang | Zak Dymo

Nice work folks - Just a few small things to check.

1.)
Demographics: Well generally the wealthier the individual the closer they live to the surface in terms of placement on towers, with more of the unsavory bunches being closer to the depths and oceanic floors, with the even worse being in the buildings cemented in the unspeakable depths of the chasms.
eb01438fbfeef685601890c2bc388a1b.png

Can you elaborate on what sort of population has immigrated here? You mention "humanoid" but - There a lot of "humanoid" species.

2.)
Major Imports: Air based and terrestrial foodstuffs, refined metals and glass

What kind of metals? Please elaborate and be sure to link anything you think might be rare per the template.

Otherwise - Nice work. Tag me when you're ready for me to look again.

Srina Talon Srina Talon
Sorry about that, I actually wrote down a concise explanation of the demographich with footnotes this time, got ahead of myself on elaborating and then realized, I never really answered it except
What species are there? YES
It has been fixed now though

Drang Drang

We're definitely getting there! Just a few more questions about:

Demo said:
Demographics
: The sapient population of Halmij are of great variety as said before, there are, in the most general terms, a sort of organization to where certain races are found in terms of regions and social circles(2). Generally speaking the Humans and near humans (3) are towards the higher levels, whereas more alien looking races (4) were generally towards the sea floor among the depths due to either other's innate lack of liking towards their appearance or a general lack of business acumen.

What do the numbers mean? Can you list some of the alien species you mention? (Even just a few - Doesn't need to be an exhaustive list...)

Srina Talon Srina Talon
Sorry about that, I didn't know how bbcode worked at the time, but have since aleviated that, the numbers are footnotes to elaborate on the details such as example races included in the list, and should now be a clickable link to take someone to the respective footnote to thuroughly explain the topic without interrupting the general flow of the paragraphs
IE clicking the 1 should take you to the first foot note, describing the shorthand of 'imported refined metals'
2 should take to the list of the example humanoid races
3 should take to example 'nonhumanoid' races
4 should take to the discussion on the ironic lack of aquatic races
said anchors should now work due to actually being coded in,
Hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom