Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halcyon Operations: Rakghoul Delights [Corellian Confederation Dom of Ebaq]

TWpeSck.png

Ebaq
2200 Hours

"This is Andromeda Star, we've suffered a major system failure, currently drifting 660 by 9934. Someone locked us out of our ship...the cargo we were carrying....well it exploded."

The image wavered and then returned fuzzy around the borders.

"We were infiltrated. The cargo was supposed to be cattle but, well it was plagued with some kind of virus. I've shut down the hatches and locked my crew in the cargo bay. They've gone mad. One......ate the others.

We're on a crash course for the Lucid Star. It's a civilian liner. Flight plan says it's bound for Corellia. I'm sorry...." He cocked a pistol.

"I never meant for this to happen. I'm powerless, we're drifting. We'll make impact in one hour. If there's anyone listening, tell my wife and kids I love them. It was just a job... we didn't know."

The connection cut, leaving it anyone's guess as to what was happening on the other end.

----------------

Corellia FleetCom

It'd already been an hour by the time the info was disseminated. An intel analyst rushed it downstairs by hand. The Corellian Government in an effort to keep it quiet washed out the footage from local news. Teams were silently moved into place for contingency.

Director Basali, turned in his chair, to address the rest of the council hidden in Command center.

"This virus... weapon whatever it is. It cannot be allowed to reach Corellia. Get Halcyon Command on the line. Get Fleetcom, get whoever. Everything is permitted, but keep this quiet."

------------------------

The Starchild dropped out of hyperspace and Pryce had to admit, he had no idea why they were here. Fresh from their skirmish in the Balmorra system the Halcyon teams aboard had been called here. When the orders came up from on high he couldn't say no, but they wouldn't answer any questions. The Jedi were on their way as well. His eyes scanned over the tactical display which showed that the massive cargo vessel Andromeda Star and the Lucid Star passenger liner had collided. Various bits of debris floated in space, some bits large enough to pick up on scanners.

Those scanners also told them that there was still life on both ships...A lot of life. Contingency systems had shut off sections of both ships to keep them from venting atmosphere thankfully. With a sigh he thumbed the shipwide comm. Their orders were to wait until the Halcyon gave one of two signals: Mission success or mission failure, with the failure contingency being to make sure the vessel wasn't able to jump to hyperspace or leave the system.

"Halcyon commandos report to the hangar. Flights out in 5. Decontamination teams on standby for Halcyon return." Something didn't feel right about this...Corellian Intelligence was hiding something and he didn't know what it was and he didn't like what was hidden from him...

FYZg781.png

Credit: [member="Jaxon Hayes"]
Objectives:
  • Halcyon:
    Infiltrate the cargo hauler Andromeda Star and eradicate the Rakghoul threat
  • Rescue intelligence contact

[*]Green Jedi:
  • ​[member="Kaleleon Seleare"] was returning from a diplomatic mission with the Ebaq mining guild. He has information that would aid in establishing diplomatic ties with the sector...But he was on the Lucid Star. Green Jedi have been dispatched to rescue him and the survivors of the crash.

[*]Chaos: Bring your own Objective

A man can change his stars
LOCATION: Somewhere aboard the Lucid Star, En route to the Bridge.
OBJECTIVE: Survive
GEAR: Current Gear

"Why are we running again instead of facing these deranged people?"
"Because I don't know what they are, and there are too many! Just run!"
"Very well."

Anon was once more asking and curious on my choice of running and intending to make my way to the Bridge of the Lucid Star. Something was going on. I had received a call from the bridge about us being attacked or struck upon our starboard side. Another vessel slammed into us much like a Ramship. As one of the likely few who could help in battle, or be an aid instructor, it was an easy choice for me to make my way to the impact point. However, what I found was not soldiers attacking us.

I remember racing down the halls just as the other soldiers. Hearing screaming along the way. Unsure if we were being attacked, or just injured passengers. As we reached it, most of the points were now closed off due to opening up to space. However, what we found... was not human. Some creature. Flesh of a human with elongated heads, and feasting upon people. On those who were dying in their arms. Even one that was attempting to eat a crying child whole. Without even hesitating, I had lashed forward and used my saber to strike at one. Cleaving it's arm off. A couple other soldiers also piped up. Firing their weapons upon them.

There was a woman who was missing their leg. Coming over to her, I stood in front of her as one of these... creatures from attacking further. Once they were cleared, I gathered up all of the wounded. Leaving the dead behind and made our way to the next sealed door. Setting them down, the lady I had defended had been pin pain. Her wounds not bleeding, but were clearly near-fatal.

If I just knew... if I just knew.

I shook my head. Taking myself back to the present as I was currently using my lightsaber to cut my way through one of the blastdoors that had been sealed. Why? Because they locked me in with a group of these monsters with Anon, a Jedi Training droid that could also be used as a Security detail. Currently having the one, He watched our backs as I used my saber to cut a hole in the door. Pieces were falling down and breaking away as they were being melted down. However, I could hear from the other side, a break out of a single voice.

"Jedi! We don't want to do this, but you may be infected with whatever it is that they are. We will need you to stay within that quadrant of the ship!"
"I am not bitten, I am not scratched, and I am the only Jedi you have on this vessel!"
"We can't take that chance. Stand down, or we will be forced to shoot."
"You are su- ARAGGH!"

Yanking my saber from the wall, Anon activated his own green lightsaber. Shaking my head, I turned around to see about a dozen of these creatures. Standing there, staring at me.

Hungry.

"Chit."

Upper levels of Ebaq Atmosphere​
The Amaranta

"This was a massive waste of time," Neri muttered, slouched in the pilot's seat. Dark eyes scanned the sensor read-outs.

Ichian, an Ithorian friend, had gotten wind of a strange, (presumed) photosynthetic organism alive in the upper most atmosphere of Ebaq. A gas giant, it would have been quite a thing if it had been true. But even with the sophisticated sensor package she'd installed, there was no sign of any such thing.

The Amaranta was a strange mishmash of junker and state of the art- the parts related to her research? No expense spared. Everything else?

Weeeeelllllll.......

Neri shifted, the ripped leather of the pilot's seat exposing a long line of stuffing from inside as she leaned forward. Eyes narrowing, watching a particular chemical line on the spectrometer. Watching, watching, watching and-

Blip.

"Bupkis. Next time Ichy can check out his own rumor-"

An icon lit up, chirruping when it did, on the other side of the screen. Neri's eyebrows rose. Nosing the front of the ship up, her fingers picked out a series of commands. Mostly, the upper levels of Ebaq's atmosphere had been obscuring more distance sensors, but when two ships COLLIDED that tended to make an impact even from a distance. She wasn't particularly close, but it was definitely in system. She started cycling through comm channels once she was clear of ion interference. Lips pursed as the voice filled her cabin.

Neri sat there, illuminated by the brilliance of Ebaq off the port side. Considering. Would be best to just leave it alone. Leave it BE. Someone else would be along. Someone else was always along.

She sighed, reaching forward and laying her hands on the yoke. Course correcting the current drifting Amaranta toward where the distress beacon and collision reading had originated from.

heAVI5L.png
Time: 2223 Local Time

Equipment: Halcyon Armor | VAARS Rifle, Flashlight, Green Laser Sight

hDEq54x.png
Considering Thomas was already experimenting with his newly acquired augmentations in the firing range and sim room, he was already equipped with a weapon and in full armor the time the PA announced him and the rest of the commandos to the hangar area. He wasn't currently briefed on the situation, but he only needed two things: who to shoot, and who to save. He didn't look further past that because it wasn't his job to. More times than not, there wasn't a gray area. When he entered the hangar, he noticed a few people wearing hazmat suits scattered around the boarding craft with decontamination gear ready, assuming it was for their return. After approaching one of them, a Crewman, he asked what the situation was.

"What's going on here, Crewman?"

"It's some sort of virus or plague on a ship that was transporting cattle, something like that. Top hasn't given us much information."

"Interesting. That's all, Crewman. Thank you."

Peculiar. Something was being hidden, but that was besides the point as well. Not like he really cared. This would be a good scenario to finally evaluate the new additions and fireteams as a whole. After standing there and thinking for a bit, he backed up and leaned onto a crate, waiting for the other commandos to arrive and begin the boarding sequence, as well as the operation itself. His long range vision augmentation wasn't very fit for this, but it did enable him an advantage when seeing in darker areas.

[member="Neri Rashal"] | [member="Kaleleon Seleare"] | [member="Dracken Pryce"]

Objective: Retrieve [member="Kaleleon Seleare"]
Current Location: Aboard The Sha Koon

The Sha Koon drifted in the darkness of space. The ship had been commissioned by the Correllian Confederation to provide Jedi, and the Jedi Shadows specifically, with a mobile base for the more clandestine operations the order sometimes got involved in. It was a hub of life and energy, the large vessel teaming with the lives of its crew, the Jedi present, and plants and animals brought in from various worlds to provide comfortable meditation chambers. That had been a must when Kian sat down to help with designing the vessel. The work done aboard the vessel could sometimes lead Jedi down dark paths, with paranoia and mistrust rampant....it was important to have a place where one could center themselves and find harmony amidst the chaos.

For Kian Karr that place was the forward observatory. The circular room could have its transparent walls changed into any image in the database, but Kian always preferred to leave it turned off. Sitting there, in the middle of the room with his legs crossed, he stared out into the vacuum of space and found himself comforted. The dots that lined the darkness ahead of him represented, not only his own galaxy....but vast other unexplored territories potentially full of life and sentience. It was a humbling thought.

"Something is going on." Kian heard from o.ver his shoulder and he let out an irritated sigh. He was finding it difficult to find a moment of peace these days....he thought his twilight years were suppose to be the most relaxing.

"Nephew, while I value you as a padawan and love you as family....I'm seriously tempted to hurl you through that viewport right now." Kian said, joking...mostly.

"You're likely going to feel even more strongly that way in a moment." Gnost said stepping forward and thrusting a datapad into his hands. Dropping down on his knees in front of Kian so that they faced each other, Gnost waited while Kian read through the reports. When Kian looked up at the other Kel Dor, Gnost nodded.

"The Lucid Star?" Kian asked, the name sounding very familiar, "Is that the ship...."

"That Jedi Master Romi Jade's apprentice is on. Returning from some diplomatic mission." Gnost responded crossing his arms across his chest. Kian took a moment and glanced back at the reports, then looked back up at his young charge.

"Prep The Shadow, but out a call on encrypted lines to whatever Jedi are available." Kian said rising to his feet. Stopping for a moment he looked out over the tranquility of the stars. Sometimes, often even, they held wonders.

But sometimes, they held horrors....

[member="Dracken Pryce"] | [member="Neri Rashal"] | [member="Thomas Kell "]| [member="Julius Rhein"]​

The Negotiator-Class transport dropped out of hyperspace opposite the Starchild and floated in towards the crashed vessels. Morteg could feel through the Force the thousands of souls trapped inside and the voracious hunger and murderous intent from thousands more still. He'd touched this kind of distorted mind before in his early days on that trash moon...His brow furrowed, his mind sunken deep into the Force. He took a sharp breath and opened his eyes, his meditation trance ending. The little Jedi floated down to the floor of his chambers and clenched his little fist.

"Rakgouls..."

The door to his chambers hissed open into a brightly lit hallway. When he made his way to the cockpit he looked up to the pilot and nodded.

"We've arrived in system Master Morteg."

"Fetch Master Jade and Padawan Ticon I will. Dock with the ship we must." This drew a frown from the pilot who looked down at the Jedi Master in surprise.

"How-Which ship am I even supposed to dock with?"

"Guide us the Force will...To the correct port. Rescue Padawan Seleare and any whom we are able." He gave a nod, ending the conversation and retreated back down the hallway to retrieve his allies.

[member="Kian Karr"] [member="Neri Rashal"] [member="Thomas"] Kell [member="Kaleleon Seleare"] [member="Romi Jade"] [member="Val Ticon"]

Tris

T
heAVI5L.png
Halcyon Fehen stepped out of the U-Wing that had been set aside for her and her squad to board the freighter, her helmet still gripped in her gauntlet. Spotting the new arrival she grinned and waved as she moved towards him. An agitated tweep from a G5 astromech made her side step quickly, nearly tripping over the droid. It warbled something indignant at her and bounced from side to side angrily. Gedri had always been a bit of a clutz but since her augmentations and her growth her height often made her forget how big she actually was now.

"Sorry! Sorry!" she pleaded with the droid, clapping her hands together in a sign of respect. With a wink she slinked away from the still disgruntled droid and jogged over to the newbie. When she got to him she clapped gloved hand on his shoulder with a smirk.

"Kell, er, Halcyon Kell. You find this hangar alright?" She gave him a playful smirk before leaning back and crossing her arms as more of their squad entered the hangar.

[member="Thomas Kell "][member="Myri Bastra"] [member="Orson Jade"] [member="Jaxon Hayes"]

Jaxon Hayes

J
heAVI5L.png
[member="Gedri Fehen"] [member="Thomas Kell "]
The call had gone out across the ship. He was already local, reading over a ship shcematic in the library. As luck would have it, the Commando already had his armor on as well. Today was a day for luck.

Eveien luckier. As stepped out on the deck he saw the dropship, in the section that eblonged exclusively to them. Serial number K8-213.

"Lucky Thirteen Eh?"

He paused, approaching the new guys.

"Not really my style. Lieutenant Commander Kell, nice to see you again."

So far the mission hadn't been put out. They were waiting on command for that. Waiting was a part of the game, but his previous life as a Soldier had ingrained it in him. Waiting never bothered the cybernetic man.

"Let's head up bridge side, see what the Admirals has for us."

Looking out the small porthole in his chambers Val stared out at the ships that they were approaching a sense of dread seizing the adolescent's heart, chilling him to his very core. Whatever was in the ship the boy couldn’t imagine nor were his senses in the force fine-tuned enough to feel them out from such a great distance.

Things had to be serious as Val had been given a real lightsaber for this mission instead of his usual training saber. Just how bad were things where he was given one? Usually, the boy wished and pleaded with Morteg to take him out of the temple. But today Val just wished he’d stayed back on Corellia and trained with remotes.

Throat dry Val turned away from the viewport making his way over to his bed where his assortment of tools were laid out. A fibrecord launcher in case he needed to make a quick escape, his lightsaber, and a few glow rods. Not much but Morteg always preached how a Jedi would make due with what they had. The other Jedi master openly detested the use of rifles and such by a Jedi unless absolutely necessary. “The Force, good enough for a Jedi it is.” The Juveline muttered to himself as he stowed the tools away within his black robes.

Sensing the beacon of light in the force that was Morteg, Val excited his chamber to meet his Master in the hall. The raven-haired boys shoulders were slack, and his eyes sunken with incredibly dark rings around his eyes as though he hadn’t slept the entire journey. “I’m ready Master.”

[member="Morteg"], [member="Kian Karr"], [member="Neri Rashal"], [member="Kaleleon Seleare"], [member="Romi Jade"]

tumblr_nq06pp1bZD1rmfzd9o2_540.gif
COMMAND BRIDGE, THE VHERDUN
HUMBARINE NAVAL INTELLIGENCE​
EBAQ SPACE

Julius had just finished briefing his three man team for the expedition unto the unknowns of the Andromeda Star when Wes' voice came through his helmet's comms:

"No hails, Lieutenant Commander, but more ships have arrived in the area."

"Keep us silent. If they hail us, patch me personally through." Julius replied ending the conversation with the pilot then turned to his squad mates Rix and Lena. "Any data you come through is to be retrieved. The cargo manifest and the ship's actual flight plans are to be secured. We need to find where this ship has been, along with acquiring a live specimen of the virus intel has tipped us off on."

"Yes, sir." came their simultaneous retort.

"Set us off."

The small and agile shuttle departed the hangar of the Vherdun and like a little annoying fly soared towards the remains of the Andromeda Star. Silence reigned until the familiar sound of the connection of an airlock with the shuttle's hatch shook the vessel.

::: I have deactivated the emergency lockdown of the target airlock, Lieutenant Commander. You may proceed. ::: the AI's feminine voice came through the comms.

"Copy that, Juno."

Julius took point as the hatch opened along with the airlock of the Andromeda Star. The three stepped aboard the darkness of the disaster stricken ship with only its emergency lights illuminated on the sides of the black corridor that lied ahead of them.

"Well, it's kriffin' creepier than I thought, sir." Rix muttered as he looked around with his sensors picking up nothing as of yet. "The Vherdun's lifeform scanners detected plenty of activity, didn't it? I ain't seeing nothing."

"That'll change. Trust me."

tags: whoever's headed to the Andromeda Star directly.​

nNcOqeN.png
Location: CDF-II Starchild, in transition from Hangar Bay to Bridge
Equipment: Halcyon Armor | VAARS Rifle, Flashlight, Green Laser Sight

hDEq54x.png

As he was resting for a few minutes before the boarding sequence began, a few other familiar faces began to arrive in the same area he was. First, he was approached by Halcyon Fehen ( [member="Gedri Fehen"] ) who had nearly tripped over an astromech droid that didn't mind giving its two cents to clumsier people. An honest mistake, but the astromech didn't really care. As she approached, Thomas stood straight up to greet her and answer her casual question on the hangar. It wasn't much, but there was room for a bit of casual talk before a stressful close quarters operation.

"Kell, er, Halcyon Kell. You find this hangar alright?" she said, stumbling to correct herself on what name to call him.

"Well, heh. It's alright, but no where near the size of a few hangars I've seen. The ones in the sides of large mountains are the best. This'll do I guess." he said, casually laughing as another member of their fireteam and a very familiar face, Halcyon Hayes ( [member="Jaxon Hayes"] ) approached and gave his personal opinion on the hangar bay, more fitting casual talk before a seemingly stressful operation.

"Lets head up bridge side, see what the Admiral has for us." he said.

"Good idea." he said, taking his helmet in his left arm and following behind him. "You coming?" he said, turning to [member="Gedri Fehen"] and suggesting her to follow.

A man can change his stars
LOCATION: Somewhere aboard the Lucid Star, En route to the Bridge.
OBJECTIVE: Survive
GEAR: Current Gear

I rolled my eyes hard. Stuck between men who were, in their own right, trying to protect people from these things. However, that meant that the ones left on the outside, were left to the wolves. Or in this case, whatever these things were. It seemed that only a dozen or so got onto the ship, but they were all willing to come up against me. Or at least, almost a dozen. I didn't stop to count as three rushed myself and Anon. Before one got even close, the off hand of the droid rose up and fired two bolts of blaster energy down range into one of them. Smacking into the shoulder and head with the second round. Its corpse falling to the ground. I held my lightsaber aloft.

The other two closed the distance quickly. Much more faster than I thought they would. Rushing them for two steps, I did what my master taught me to do. Use not just my own natural strength, but also to use my surroundings. Why limit yourself to one spot when you can use what it around you to do more work than what you could ever do? To that end, I took a step up the wall and came down hard with my saber cutting clean through the first one. A nice even cut from overhead that went from one side to the other. Looking up, the third one was upon me. Sending us both tumbling backwards. My saber had pierced its chest, but continued to fight. Instead of trying to trade blows, My hands released the saber to put my hands up.

Hands pushing up underneath its jaw to prevent it from biting me. Its own hands trying to claw at my face, but clearly not understanding that my arms were holding it up. Before I could do much, I saw a green bladed lightsaber stabbed through the head of the beast. A black metal hand being that of Anon. His own fighting simulation system matched that of Ataru. So with quite a flipstabbing the saber in, and using the own droid's momentum to fling it at the others charging down the hall.

Standing up, I was however left without a lightsaber. Being stuck in the one he just threw. I rolled my eyes as I found that Anon passed his to me. I thanked him with a nod and side comments back and forth as we continued to fight.

"Your Lightsaber is your life. Keep it within your possession next time."
"Maybe you wouldn't throw it away from me."
"Maybe you should not get stuck on the floor."
"Could have used your blaster."
"And potentially shot you."
"Could have gotten stabbed with a Lightsaber."
"I believe- Our priorities are surviving. I recommend doing so Padawan Seleare."

Using its own arm to bash in the head of one of these creatures, now covered in their freakish blood, I used the green saber to cleave the arm off of one, before using my fist to punch it back, and allow me enough room to stab the final one through the chest, before yanking upward to cleave its upper body in two. Funny enough, it reminded me of a "Y" shape.

Shutting the saber off, I checked my body for any wounds. Finding that most of the scratches were prevented by the leather jacket I wore. Now torn and having a light discoloration from layers of leather being ripped. I didn't have anything wounds per-say. Just a few bruises from being in the tumbling match earlier, and the smacks or kinetic impacts of their clawed hands. In that time, Anon retrieved my saber. Trading them with one another to their respective users.

Yelling over my shoulder to the guards who were doing their job as they should.

"Now will you let us in?!"

[member="Thomas"] Kell, [member="Julius Rhein"], [member="Val Ticon"], [member="Jaxon Hayes"], [member="Gedri Fehen"], [member="Morteg"], [member="Kian Karr"], [member="Neri Rashal"],

Tris

T
heAVI5L.png
Gedri quirked her eyebrow at the pair.

"Didn't you read the mission brief?" She reached into one of the pouches on her armor and tossed it to Thomas. The datapad had their orders from Corellian Naval Intelligence, Halcyon eyes only. Extraction of a VIP and eradication of all the "infected", whatever that meant. "I think the Admiral knows less than we do about this." She shrugged as her wrist comm pinged. It was time to go.

"Speak of the Force, looks like that's our cue. Grab your gear. We're taking the U-Wing." When she got to the troop bay door and step on she turned to give the pair a wicked smirk.

"I'm flying."

[member="Thomas"] Kell[member="Jaxon Hayes"]

He nodded, neglecting to say anything about the mocking that had gone one behind closed doors. Maybe it wasn't the most Jedi thing to do, but Morteg would have his petty revenge later, if his Padawan survived. His Padawan looked tired, despite the journey. If Romi hadn't reached out to him...He doubted they would have gotten here in time. The ship-wide comm chirped before the pilot let them know he'd found a docking port along the side of the passenger liner.

By the time he and Val had gotten to the docking port Romi was already there waiting. He couldn't read the expression on her face though. With a shudder and hiss the tube locked and opened. His sensitive ears could already pick up the light blaster fire in the distance and the screams of the passengers. The room they'd connected to was dark with yellow emergency lights making a path towards what he assumed was the nearest escape shuttle leading out of the airlock. The airlock door hissed open revealing an even more grim scene. A few passengers lay dead, blaster wounds in their chests. A rakghoul's body was slumped over a row of seats, dead no doubt. The air smelled...wrong.

A flash of movement caught his eye and before they could even step into the dark room. Morteg's lightsaber was in his hand and activated with a snap-hiss, his green-white blade illuminating the room.

"Trust you to lead us to Padawan Seleare, find him quickly we must."

[member="Kaleleon Seleare"] [member="Julius Rhein"] [member="Val Ticon"] [member="Kian Karr"] [member="Romi Jade"]

Objective: Save [member="Kaleleon Seleare"]

The Shadow rocked as the ship docked with the Lucid Star and Kian pulled his hood up over his head and unclipped his lightsaber form his belt. "I want you to pull the ship away and maintain a safe distance after I've disembarked." Kian said through the comms to the droid pilot. Kian had left Gnost behind on The Sha Koon. "Understood." Came the robotic reply, and with a hiss of air, the airlock door opened and Kian stepped through into the tube. Once across, he sealed the airlock behind him and he heard the sound of The Shadow disengaging.

Kian held his saber in his right hand, leaving the blade deactivated. He had seen other ships boarding when he had arrived and he could feel the presence of others, but specific force signatures were hard to identify in the chaos. There was a smell and a corruption that he sensed through the force....and fear. People on this ship were afraid and from what he could feel through the force, they likely had a good reason to be. Kian stepped in something on the ground, and despite not being able to see it clearly in the emergency lighting, he was fairly certain it was blood.

"This is Kian Karr." Kian said, trying a typically used Republic and then Correllian channel. "I'm looking for Jedi [member="Kaleleon Seleare"]." Kian stretched out with the force as he walked down the corridor. As he rounded a corner he saw a young woman laying on the ground, her head lulled back and her eyes staring but not seeing. She was clearly dead. But what was most disturbing was the creature hunched over her, eating away at her insides. The claws were long, its face mangled and rigid and covered in the gore of its kill. There was something completely foreign about the creature but also something familiar.

Snap-hiss. Kian's lightsaber sprang to life, casting the hallway in a green glow. Upon hearing the noise, the creature turned to face him and hissed loudly, bits of flesh caught between the teeth of the creature. Kian stepped forward and with a sweep of his blade, took the head off of the creature just above the shoulders. It fell dead at his feet but as it did so, Kian's face rose to see three more of the creature turning around the opposite corner and bearing down on him. Kian held his saber out in front of him defensively and awaited the oncoming rush.

[member="Dracken Pryce"] | [member="Neri Rashal"] | [member="Thomas Kell "]| [member="Julius Rhein"] | [member="Val Ticon"] | [member="Morteg"] | [member="Gedri Fehen"] | [member="Jaxon Hayes"]​

Entering the Lucid Star alongside the other two Masters was probably the safest Val could be, but the padawan was still terrified. Fear was the enemy of a Jedi and could easily lead to the darkside but what did they expect out of a child when faced with the horrific reality of what lay within the Lucid Star.

The air was stale, the scent of death filling the corridor that he, Morteg and Romi all stood in. The twisted, mangled bodies causing bile to rise up in Val’s throat and eventually escape against the wall. The boy coughed fighting against a second wave that forced itself out. Val’s entire body ached from the effort of vomiting, and the boy shook.

How can they simply look at this and remain calm? Val thought looking over to Romi and Morteg to see the shorter activate their saber. From deeper in the dimly lit corridor, there was a series of grunts and howls, silhouettes of figures blurring as they moved to and fro shrouded by the dark.

When Val saw them the boy wanted to scream but what bit of training he had stuck. Shaking hands seizing the hilt of his saber Val flicked it on. A blade matching the color of Morteg’s sprung into existence. Val’s center of gravity lowered as his legs spread slightly the hilt of his saber pulling back, tip aimed at the numerous creatures that clawed their way down the hall to them. “I’m open for suggestions,” The boy said weakly.

[member="Kaleleon Seleare"], [member="Morteg"], [member="Kian Karr"], [member="Romi Jade"]

Allies: [member="Gedri Fehen"] [member="Julius Rhein"] [member="Thomas Kell "][member="Jaxon Hayes"]
Objective: Find and rescue the Intelligence contact, eliminate Rakghouls,[CLASSIFIED]
Gear: OCA-01 Body Armour w/ helmet from Dalrayke-Class Armour, other personal gear from bio

It wasn't comfortable to wear this clunky old armour again, but Dorian supposed that he had stashed it away in his hideouts for a reason. He was somewhat surprised that he — a middle-aged man who hadn't donned a suit of armour in years — had been dispatched to a mission such as this, but the Admiral had insisted that he was the only Colonel near enough to Ebaq to get to the target in time.

A distress signal had come from the Andromeda Star near Ebaq, and the Halcyon Special Operations team had been dispatched to board it with the objective of rescuing an intelligence contact and eliminating the threat onboard. Dorian was not part of that initiative; the Colonel had received a private call from the Admiral himself, asking him to fulfill a classified objective, but to assist the Halcyon Team in the process if possible. His own mission would be made much easier if he could get to the contact, so in effect, the mission was a mutual one anyway, even if he wasn't able to share the specifics of his mission with them.

Dorian had already been dispatched to the Andromeda Star by the time the Halcyon crew were boarding their dropship in the Starchild's hangar. His own ship, a Nightmare Indigo, landed neatly in the Star's hangar bay, wings folding equally neatly as it came to a halt. Hopefully the Halcyons would know that they were not alone once they saw it in the hangar bay upon their arrival. The pilot of the Indigo would stay onboard, monitoring the situation from there and keeping in contact with Dorian by comm. Dorian stood up and patted his partner on the shoulder after grabbing his helmet and a portable grenade launcher, loaded with EHI Spike Grenades.

"Let me know when they get here, will you?" he said quietly.

"You don't need to worry about me. You're the one who needs to make sure that you don't get killed out there having fun," the pilot responded cheerfully.

"You won't miss out," Dorian shot back. "I'll set up some audio and visual sensors along the way. Tell me if anything looks off."

With that, he stepped out and headed for the nearest set of doors, which slid open to release something of a pungent, nauseating smell. There was already some sickly green liquid on the floor. Hastily, Dorian slipped his helmet on, trading off the noxious smell in the air for the a barely fitting helmet. I'll need to get this upsized once I get out of here, he noted to himself. Turning on the electronic visor, he made his way deeper into the ship, turned his first corner and began to set up a surveillance camera for his partner to see. He hadn't worked these devices for a while, and the lights were blinking in this corridor, so it took him a minute or two to set it up. In that time, he was fairly certain that a few inhuman growls had sounded from somewhere deeper in the ship.

DECK LEVEL, ANDROMEDA STAR
HUMBARINE NAVAL INTELLIGENCE​
EBAQ SPACE
A creeping feeling of being stalked ran cold down the spines of the three operatives. Complete silence, bar for their steps on the steel floor ringing through their armors. Julius was getting sick of ending up in scenarios more viable for holomovies rather than actual intelligence operations. Ironically, the same objective he currently had back on Dagobah led him to a similarly dark and haunted place but on the ground rather than in space.

"Lifeform! CONTACT!" Lena shouted through the comms producing incredibly irritating static.

Three or more rakhghouls with the speed of lightning ambushed the party. One caught Julius' vambraces and hung by it unable to penetrate the thick armor plating of it. With his other arm the Lieutenant Commander pulled the trigger of his rifle obliterating the beast. He turned to face his subordinates only to see Lena with one hand on her waist observing Rix stomping the rakhghoul way after it had died.

"We need one alive, damn it, Rix!" Julius barked.

"Kark 'em, LT Commander. Why the hell do we need 'em alive anyway. They look better dead to me." Rix complained with arms wide open.

"Lord Admiral's orders, CPO Blaise." He replied coldly ending the conversation.

::: Sir, I have intercepted a Corellian Intelligence communique which indicates the existence of a Corellian intelligence asset on board the Andromeda Star. ::: Juno stated through the comms.

"So that's why the Corellians are here, huh?" Lena rhetorically asked.

"Seems like it." Julius said.

"Get their asset before them?"

The LT Commander pondered for a moment over the idea.

"Yes. Juno, I want you to keep track of any new information regarding this asset." Julius ordered. "You two - we are still here for a live one of these and all data concerning this ship. Do not forget."

"Yes, Sir!"

"Also, do NOT fire at the Corellians at any cost! Only if they end up firing first. If they do - weapons free." The LT Commander wasn't in the mood of initiating a political catastrophe for Humbarine.

The trio formed up and moved further into the ship seeking a way to the bridge, or what remained of it.

[member="Dorian Risico"] [member="Gedri Fehen"] [member="Thomas Kell "][member="Jaxon Hayes"]​

She kicked off the wall and unfolded her arms -- a well placed pivot turned her body fully. Swaying, she shifted her weight onto her right leg, and propped a hand up on her waist. "Morteg..." she casually greeted him, but saw a figure almost the same size as him following along. She peeked around, "And who's this? You've another Padawan? Sorry we're meeting under such circumstances...I'm Romi Jade." She'd greet him with a smirk. "He's almost as tall as you Morteg."

She moved ahead of the group after exchanging pleasantries -- she was keen on beginning the investigation of course. Kale was a Jade student for sure, he had the craftiness to think and work through situations, but he was still learning...and this situations was a bit on the extreme side. She tried to keep her composure, dwelling on the negative aspects of the situation wouldn't bring about any results any quicker.

She floated down the walkway easily, she'd seen enough of this sort of thing where it didn't even bother her much anymore. When she came into her next square, she stopped and waited. Romi stretched her awareness, reaching out, she searched. She felt only the horror and anguish that permeated the entire room. Beneath it all was a primal and feral desire.

Morteg said:
A flash of movement caught his eye and before they could even step into the dark room. Morteg's lightsaber was in his hand and activated with a snap-hiss, his green-white blade illuminating the room.

She felt Kale's distant presence again, and a pulse of strength with it.

Snap-hiss!

She'd followed suit after catching the vibration she wanted.

Val Ticon said:
“I’m open for suggestions,” The boy said weakly.

"Don't let 'em touch you..."

Widening her stance, her chest rose and then a banshee like wail erupted from her frame and cracked through the space in front of her. Through sonic waves, there was enough energy to knock any of the beast near her back, and those further away would be momentarily disoriented from the screech. There'd be enough time for Morteg to get the drop on them first.

[member="Morteg"] | [member="Val Ticon"]

Distant, port side of the Andromeda Star

The Amaranta

"Woof it's getting crowded out there," Neri muttered as she looked over the scans.

Actual military ships. Not just folks who were in the area coming over to offer a hand. Not good Samaritans. Well, maybe that, but in her experience it wasn't the same. Sure a military venture could go out to benefit others, but it was never that simple. When the boots and guns got involved it meant something bigger than just a normal distress call.

The small freighter kept its distance.

"Too much history to just waltz right in there," leaning back, hands going up and back behind her head.

Kicking her feet up, she opened up the local comm chatter. Using her heel, she hit the button that slowly cycled through the channels. Tap. Tap. Tap. A lot of noise that said there was stuff going on over secure channels if someone knew how to read the white noise between the lines. Oh, the Amaranta didn't have any of the systems she might have needed to try to hone in and crack into them- it had never been her particular forte anyway. But knowing it was happening painted a slightly wider story on its own.

For now, Neri waited. Close enough to lend a hand if need be, but far enough to jet the kark out of dodge if things suddenly went south.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom