Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hailfire

Lori continued to work while [member="Subject 73 Red"] answered her question. At least now he wasn't telling her to hurry up. But she was doing her best. It wasn't every day that she had come across blasterfire injuries.

"You wanted them to find you? What do you mean? All of that at the bar was a trap and I just got in the way?" Red told her that she was the one being targeted. It was she that the sniper was firing on when Red took the hit.

"They don't think we're a couple, do they?"

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
[member="Loreena Arenais"]

​"Well, it was a trap for them, and you weren't in my way, you were in their way to kill me, which in turn assisted me." Red explained to her.

"They might think we're working together, maybe. That depends, will you help me stop them? Or will I need to 'borrow' your ship? I promise I'll return it if it comes to that." Red told her. It was a subtle threat, but a noticeable one.

Lori finished getting the rest of the fabric off of the wound. She slathered the rest of the bactagel onto it and then proceeded to afix a bandage onto it. All the while she listened to [member="Subject 73 Red"] and his little threat.

"I don't think that you're in any condition to borrow my ship or steal it or whatever. But I owe you, so I'll help you. I can get Arla to help track them down with the ship's sensors. More than likely she was doing so already, or at the very least got a good idea of where they were going. Shall I get her on that?"

Subject 73 Red

"I'm always in condition to beat people. I could still easily defeat you, even if I am injured." He replied to her.

"Anyway, I have a cache of equipment on planet, we should head there first. Once we're done here, we should get to the cockpit on this ship, and I can bring us there." He told her.

Lori turned her head slightly so that she could roll her eyes. Some men and their egos....It was almost laughable. But of course she didn't laugh for that surely wouldn't be helpful.

She listened to the instructions that [member="Subject 73 Red"] gave her. "Well the bacta gel should be working by now. Try sitting up and see how that feels." Lori wondered how Arla would react to Red being seemingly in charge. No doubt she wouldn't be too happy.

Subject 73 Red

Red sat up at her command. Everything seemed good. Still a light pain, but that was manageable. "All good." Red reported.

Then, he stood up. Everything still seemed good. He stretched a bit. "Alright, lead the way to the cockpit." Red said.

Lori watched as [member="Subject 73 Red"] first sat himself up and then stood. She felt very proud of herself for doing first aid well enough for him.

"Wicked. It's this way." She did her best not to run and instead left the bunks and headed down the small corridor in a quick walk. She then headed up the stairs and opened the door before stepping into the cockpick.

Like other Mantis-class vessels, it had pilot, co-pilot and communications seats. Arla sat in the pilot's chair. "What now, Captain?"

"Red is going to direct you to his stash. We're gonna help him catch those pirates."

Arla just gave a bit of a nod and then looked to Red, awaiting either directions or co-ordinates.

Subject 73 Red

Red followed after her. They arrived in the cockpit. The one known as "Arla" sat in the pilots chair. Red approached the console and typed in the coordinates. "There. The coordinates are in. Go to them." He reported.

"Yes, sir." Arla eyed Lori briefly before lifting the Jaster's Sparrow into the air. She kept the ship flying at low altitude, given that they didn't have too far to go.

Lori sat herself down in the co-pilot's chair, her eyes drifting to the sensors to see if she could see any hostilities before they became a threat. "What sort of weapons have you got in your stash?"

Subject 73 Red

Red turned to Loreena when she asked what sort of weapons he had. "All sorts. You're about to see them, aren't you? You'll see them all soon enough." Red told her. He did not sit down, yet he decided to stay standing up.

"Well if that's not very cryptic, I dunno what is." She rolled her eyes slightly after turning her head to look out the viewport. Some people liked to keep her in the dark and she wasn't too fond of it. Maybe [member="Subject 73 Red"] saw her as a youngling like most did.

One of these days that will change.

Subject 73 Red

Red turned to her. "Do you doubt me? You've seen what I can do. The question is: do you trust me? I've already decided to trust you, but will you trust me?" Red asked.

Lori folded her arms across her chest while she huffed, her stubborn streak returning. She didn't look at [member="Subject 73 Red"] while she spoke, instead keeping her eyes locked out the viewport.

"I was just making smalltalk. But fine...." After a moment she mumbled, "...I trust you." Lori was so used to getting her own way all the time. It always bothered her when she didn't.

Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red

"Well I was! I don't like too much quiet so I tend to just ramble on about anything that's on the top of my head. You mentioned weapons, I asked what kind. Anyone would do that, you know? Especially those that like to prepare. How do you even know that I know how to use them? Doesn't hurt to find out, you know." Oh yes, Lori liked to ramble, most especially when she was either excited or uncomfortable. And in this case she was both!

Subject 73 Red

Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun

Red looked at her and slightly tilted his head. Well, she was right about herself. She didn't seem to like silence very much. Hmm, she seemed to be uncomfortable right now too, and she talked a lot when that was the case. Naive. That could get her in trouble one day.

"Don't worry. I'll show you how to use anything I give you." Red assured her.

Lori sighed. Or rather it was more of a huff. What was the guy's problem anyways? Was it some big secret? Why couldn't she know anything beforehand? It was terribly frustrating. Moreso than just some stupid act of trust. At least in her opinion.

"We're almost there, Captain." Arla piped up, giving them both a sidelong glance.

"Good!" Now maybe she'd have some questions answered.

Lori rolled her eyes. Patience pays off. Ha! She didn't really believe as much. These types of lessons were ones that she wasn't fond of. She hated being put in her place for more often than not, that was all that people ever did with her. One of these days that'll stop.

Arla landed the Jaster's Sparrow onto the designated pad and flicked the switches to power her down. Both her and Lori looked to Red with the same expression that seemed to read; 'Now what?'

Subject 73 Red

Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun

Red studied Loreena. She didn't seem to like being put in her place. Red could understand, but he was made to be put in his place, and follow his superiors. He was constantly put in his since day one. He was made to be obedient, while she had grown up to be more free-willing. They were extremely different, but they were alike in many ways.

The ship landed, and both Arla and Loreena looked at him and gave him an expression asking what to do. "Follow me. Or stay here. We will still end up together either way." And on that note, Red exited the cockpit, and walked to exit the ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom