Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hailfire

Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red

"I see them! Hold on!" Whether they were all belted in or not, Arla dove the Jaster's Sparrow downwards so that they were no longer going head to head with the enemy ships. She then did a barrel roll, allowing Lori the chance to fire at the torpedos that were inbound, while the deflector shields towards the aft were given more power.

The torpedos moved along with them, yet Lori managed to either redirect them or blow them up.

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun

Arla yelled to hold on, but Red was still not prepared for what would happen next. Next thing Red knew, the ship was diving, then it pulled into a barrel roll quickly. Red held onto a seat, as he lifted off the ground. Pitt went flying out of the cockpit into the hallway. "Ahhhh!" Pitt yelled as he flew into the hallway.

Red held on.
"Don't you have any scramblers? Flares? Anything?!" Red asked.

Then, the approaching ships went after them. They moved into range and started firing at them. Red looked at a console. It was beeping. It held a message from the ships. He groaned.
"Just our luck! They don't even know who we are! They're just trying to raid us before they return to base, so they don't return empty-handed." Red reported.

"That is lucky!" Or so she thought. Lori returned fire on the opposing ships.

"Hang on!!" Arla gave everyone a second to grab onto something stable before she barrellrolled the Sparrow once again and then cut the brakes, allowing the ships to fly past before she pushed the throttle and began chasing them. "This all a part of your plan?!"

Subject 73 Red

Red held on as the ship was pulled into another barrel roll. Arla cut the brakes, and the ship flew back. The hostile ships flew past them before Arla reactivated the engine and chased them."Can't you shoot any better?" Red asked Loreena, as she hadn't hit any of them yet. The pirates in front of them looped back around in a tri-attack formation, heading straight for them. "Here they come!" Red said. The approaching ships opened fire on them.

Lori grimaced as Red questioned her aim. "I thought you wanted them alive!" Not taking her eyes off of their enemies, she switched tactics. If he wanted them blown out of the sky, then fine! That's just what she was going to do. She furrowed her brows as she concentrated and focused on the Force subconsciously. In her mind she was quickly going through all of the different maneuvers that she could think that the pilots would use in this kind of attack formation. It was time to act accordingly.

The three ships were coming right at them, firing into their shields which still held but were losing some of their power. Lori held her fire until they were close enough. "Drop her down, Arla! Then left!" Once again the Jaster's Sparrow dropped. Although instead of completing a loop-d-loop, it banked left to go around that way, once again coming up from behind the three. Lori fired a few missiles as soon as she locked onto them, leaving no more time to think but just to act. One of the ships exploded through a direct hit. Another lost a wing and spiraled, while the third managed to avoid the missile.

"Better?!!"

Subject 73 Red

"I need the one with the tracker alive, not all of them!" Red replied to her.

He watched as their ship dove once again. Then, it banked to the left. Red could still hear Pitt yelling from somewhere further in the ship. Red watched as missiles were fired at the enemy ship. He noticed as one exploded, another got hit and started spiraling, while the third managed to escape unharmed. Red also noticed that the tracker was still transmitting clearly, the one that had managed to escape unharmed was the one with the tracker.
"There! That third one needs to escape back to their base!" He reported.

Lori smirked and rolled her eyes. At least she was able to damage those that attacked her ship. No doubt she'd need to work on repairs after this adventure was finished with; something that Arla and herself would do themselves. Lori loved to tinker as that helped pass the time and keep her out of trouble.

She opened fire on the ship with the tracker, missing but not missing at the same time. It was the plan to let them escape, right?

"Slow down the chase a bit, Arla. Let them think that we're just wanting them away from us."

"Understood Captain." Arla eased off the throttle a little, yet still kept close enough to follow the tracker.

Subject 73 Red

Red watched as the tracked ship moves to escape away. Then, they jumped to lightspeed, moving far away from them. Good thing that Red had decided to invest in long range trackers. Red looked at the remaining ship. It was heavily damaged, and it was still struggling to try and move without spinning or floating. Red watched as it floated through space. They were still spinning, and still moving very fast. "Can you jam their transmissions? And bring me in as close as you can, I'm going in." Red told them. Then, he exited the cockpit and proceeded to the airlock.

Lori watched the ship hop into hyperspace, now relaxing from the guns once they were no longer being fired upon. "I thought you wanted to follow the tracker."

"Jamming the signal now. And coming about." Arla was quicker to act than Lori would've been, given that she wasn't making decisions partly based off of emotions. She piloted Jaster's Sparrow near the wounded vessel and kept pace with it close enough to dock along beside it.

Subject 73 Red

"I do want to follow them, but we have to let them reach their base." Red told her.

The ship pulled up next to the damaged ship. Before Arla would presumably try to dock with the ship, Red put on his helmet and hit a button. The inner door closed behind him, and the outer door opened, and Red flew out into space.

The air whooshed out past Red was he went flying out with it into the cold, vacuum of space. Red activated the boosters in his armor and gained control of his movement. He flew towards the damaged ship and landed on it. His boots magnetized onto the ship, and Red held onto a handhold. "I'm on!" Red reported through his commlink.

Red activated his lightsaber. The yellow glow cutting through the dark abyss. Red cutting a hole into the hull of the ship.

"I swear it's like he thinks I can read his mind or something. Or will follow orders without question." Lori spoke her thoughts aloud as Red exited her ship and floated over to the crippled one. He really didn't know her well. She was stubborn and always found ways to either skirt, bend or break a rule. It was just her way.

She watched from the viewport as he ignited his lightsaber. "Sure hope he knows what he's doing..." All that both Lori and Arla could do was watch and wait.

Subject 73 Red

"I can still hear you! Turn off your commlink!" Red grumbled over the commlink to Loreena's statement. Red continued to cut into the ship with his lightsaber. Then, he finished cutting the hole. The piece of metal flew out, with a woosh of air. Red jumped into the disabled ship. He floated through the ship towards the cockpit. The cockpit was sealed off, pressurized from the outside. Red cut into it. Once the door was cut, he flung them open. There was a pilot, with two other dead pilots floating around him. The pilot looked fairly young, about 18-19 years old. He looked at Red in shock as the air flew out of the door, and he was dragged along with it. Red grabbed him, and put an air mask on the pilot's face. Red turned it on and moved back towards the hole. Red and the pilot in his grasp flew out the hole, and towards the ship.

They entered the airlock, and the door closed behind them. Air flooded into the airlock. "We're in." Red reported.

"Oh for the love of--" Lori shut off her comms and just watched from the viewport as he disappeared inside. She grumbled to herself and waited.

Though she didn't have to wait long.

Red soon reappeared with another in tow. Lori squinted her eyes briefly to see if she recognized him, but didn't. No doubt she could get some answers though. As they entered the airlock, Lori headed over there to wait for them, snatching some cuffs along the way. Once the airlock was pressurized again, she opened the door, offering Red the cuffs.

Subject 73 Red

The inner airlock door opened, and there stood Loreena, offering him cuffs. He did have his own, but he decided he could try to be friendly, seeing as how he was completely deficient is most social skills. He took the cuffs and placed them on the pilot. "Thanks." He nodded to Loreena, and he dragged the pilot off. "You got a place where we can put this guy for the time being?" Red asked her.

Lori wss glad that he took the cuffs. At least she was good for something besides merely a ride. It made her glad to not be in that kind of business; ferrying people from one place to another. She preferred to be her own boss and do what she wanted.

"The cargohold. That's all I have unless you want to squeeze him into one of the smuggler compartments." All ships like the Jaster's Sparrow had them, and hers was no different.

Subject 73 Red

Red could tell that she was glad that he took the cuffs. She seemed like the type to enjoy being someone of importance, and to do what she wanted.

"I'll take him to the cargo hold. You really need a holding cell." Red told her. He dragged the pilot to the cargo hold. He brought the pilot inside, then activated the cuffs. The cuffs stuck to the wall, and the pilot was stuck to the wall too. "Don't try to escape. Or you're gonna regret it." Red warned the pilot. Then, he walked out of the cargo hold.

"I'm gonna let him sit in there for a minute, then I'll interrogate him. The longer he sits in there, staring at the blank walls and alone with his thoughts and fears, his guard will slowly drop." Red told Loreena.

Lori smirked at the suggestion of getting a holding cell. Yet she waited until he got back before she reasponded. "I'm not really in the business of capturing people. So a holding cell has never been needed." She figured that was obvious, but apparently not.

"Still need us to follow the other ship?" Pribably not, but she still needed to ask, in case she did the wrong thing again.

Subject 73 Red

"Understandable. Most people do not wish to be in the business of capturing people. Bounty hunters and slavers are obviously in that business, and you do not seem to be any of them." Red replied. Bounty hunting was at least a mostly fair and reasonable business, slavery, was not.

"We will most likely follow them, but first let us see if we can get anything out of him." Red told her.

Lori laughed at the idea of being a bounty hunter or a slaver. Both ideas were absurd. And although she did ferry passegers around from time to time, there was no need for a holding cell.

"Well good luck. I don't know how open these guys are about giving away information. But he seemed jittery enough." Fear was a powerful tool when questioning someone.

Subject 73 Red

Now, it was Red's turn to smile slightly. "I've been trained in advanced interrogation techniques. I can also use the Force. It is unlikely that he will not break, but we do have alternatives. Besides, I would probably even be able to get you to spill your secrets. Arla... I probably wouldn't be able to get to her, she seems... different." Red told her, showing that he knew something was up with Arla, but he didn't know what.

He tilted his head at her.
"Would you like my analysis of you? And how long you would most likely be able to last before spilling your secrets?" Red asked, showing his complete lack of knowledge on people and what they would most likely not want to talk about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom