Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Ha Cokaya

Status
Not open for further replies.
niQ0rBy.png

dNaMltJ.png

M6wxnzS.png

ldSZm4H.png

• Force Sensitivity: Master
  • Species: Spirit
  • Appearance: Ha Cokaya's appearance is prone to change based on audience or desire. Lately, his appearance has been that of a exceptionally pale, muscular Human-like male. Fine, shoulder-length white hair blows easily in the wind when he desires it, and lays perfectly still in the greatest of storms within the Nether when he does not. Flaming, red eyes fix on those blessed by his presence as a cruel smirk draws the corner of his lips back.

His original appearance may have more closely resembled that of the serpentine Duinuogwuin countless years ago.
    M6wxnzS.png
PUx1gLO.png

• Name: Ha Cokaya (Paecian: "Midnight"), Fanged God
  • Loyalties: Vytal Noctura, The Solanaceae
  • Wealth: N/A
  • Notable Possessions: Dimensional Palace in the Nether Realm.
  • Skills: His primary knack is the use of an ability similar to Farsight. Ha Cokaya is also capable of commanding legions of spirits, conjuring powerful bolts of lightning, and even conjure Force Storms. Fortunately, he resides within the Nether and does not reign havoc among the stars. Bereft of the amusement of the Living, Ha Cokaya is often found getting the darker spirits in the Nether to pledge themselves to him in the hope one day the stalemate may end.
  • Personality: Despite being the entity that is the Solanaceae Deity of Darkness, Ha Cokaya is to the Living a surprisingly calm and intelligent entity. Arrogant to a fault, but not easily roused to a blinding rage. Only something capable of patient suffering and biding one's time could amass as much power in the Nether as he has in the hope that one day the Veil would be torn and he could once again walk about the living. The stalemate (or Balance) between him and his 'twin,' the Solanaceae Deity of Light, gnaws on him across the many years; and he delights in tempting the Living to do as he commands to derive a sense of entertainment from the chaos that results.
    M6wxnzS.png
9319pkW.png

• Weapon of Choice: The Force
  • Combat Function: Met in person or through possessing a Living host, Ha Cokaya would be on the front line conjuring Dark powers against those deemed to be his enemy. While exceptionally intelligent and versed in combat having stoked and participated in numerous wars over the centuries, this spirit is not one to wait for orders. Whether Ha Cokaya adheres to any orders given, even if perfectly seasonable under the circumstances, is entirely at his discretion; a prudent commander would not hedge their strategy on his compliance.
Strengths:
  • Force Mastery: A spirit claiming godhood possesses considerable strength in manipulating Force or mystic energies of Creation. It would be wise to strike to the quick before Ha Cokaya overcomes his overbearing sense of confidence and 'gets serious.'
  • True Sight: As a spirit well acquainted with the currents of power of the Living and Dead, Ha Cokaya can often pierce through most attempts to hide physical, mental, or spiritual truths from his eyes. It is a useful skill in taunting enemies and visitors alike.
  • Hard to Kill: Most will be forced to deal with the Dark entity while he possesses a Living Host, and on that plane of existence he is essentially immortal -- but the host is not. Banishing him back to the Nether is just as effective as death. Confronted in the Nether true death might be possible, but difficult. Only someone possessing considerable experience and strength in manipulating the Nether should even contemplate such an act; and be prepared to combat for the Dead monstrosities under his command.
Weaknesses:
  • Arrogant: Due to age and power, Ha Cokaya is extremely arrogant when faced against Living creatures. More often than not he will 'play' with them, rarely using the full extent of his power even if it's naturally constrained by possessing a Living Host. Nothing invigorates an old soul like a little conflict, and ending a good fight too soon is a crime.
  • Trapped: Ha Cokaya is contained within the Nether Realm, and cannot escape of his own accord into the Realm of the Living. His influence over the Living is extremely limited, and often requires a creature to initiate contact to the spiritual realm and establish a pact -- possession being his favorite outcome in order to stretch his legs. Killing such a host is the most efficient means of removing the Dark entity from galactic affairs once more.
  • Reluctant Partner: It would never be admitted, but Ha Cokaya needs Apo'a Ile, the Solanaceae Light Deity. It is a cruel twist of Fate of by Design of Creation, but he cannot exist even in the Nether without his opposite. Surprisingly the two get along well enough as a result, though they have strong dissenting opinions about one another. That said, if anyone attempted to harm Apo'a Ile, Ha Cokaya would intervene.
M6wxnzS.png

fkbubkN.png

There is some academic debate as to who the Fanged God truly is, for who can stand to authoritatively claim to know? What is certain, however, is that the Nightsisters of Dathomir have worshiped the Fanged God since Allya inspired the creation of the Book of Law, which led to the creation of the Book of Shadow. Such strong belief in an overwhelming spiritual power did not come about after the demise of The One known as The Son. Could he have been the 'incarnation of the Dark Side of the Force' as claimed? Or could he have merely been one of several entities that used the moniker 'Fanged God?' Those that worshiped a particular Fanged God would know one deity from another, but that does not preclude more than one spiritual entity using that name in different regions of the galaxy or over the span of the galaxy's very existence.

As one of many mysteries surrounding the spiritual realm, perhaps the Solanaceae will one day uncover the truth of such matters. For now, however, Ha Cokaya's presence before the Font of Power, appeared to lend credence to his claim as being the (or perhaps 'a') Fanged God; superseding that of the entity that Vytal had for years to that very moment believed to also be the Fanged God.

Ha Cokaya described his long and storied history of residing within the Nether as one of the pillars ensuring the continuation of the Realm of the Living, which in turn maintained the Nether Realm, and continued the cycle of Life and Death in all Creation. He spoke of countless years observing and even manipulating the Living to suit his own ends or to guide the galaxy toward greatness. Apo'a Ile's objections not withstanding.

The origins from whence the spirit, Ha Cokaya, came from were not among the details imparted, however. It was not a matter of embarrassment, but of respect. Should a purported deity not be afford a little privacy? They were hardly a tool to be prayed to when convenient. No one would think anything of it either, as spirits were rarely forthcoming about a great many things -- especially the older ones. Some simply forgot. Forgetfulness was neither a fault of Ha Cokaya nor his counterpart Apo'a Ile, however. No, it just didn't seem fruitful to describe a very long life among the stars as a Duinuogwuin long before written history could remember.

With the need to 'prove' himself out of the way, the Dark entity then launched into an attempt to solicit the Nightmother to release him from the cage of the Nether. The offer was lamentably denied. Not that he expected any different given the woman of Dathomir's history of ensuring a balance between the Living and Dead. Still, the fact the woman had come to the Font of Power had suggested if ever there were a time to tempt the Nightmother it was then.

Ultimately, after some discussion and a few interruptions by Apo'a Ile, Ha Cokaya agreed to lend his aid to the Sisters and Brothers of the Solanaceae whom sought his guidance and power. The Nightmother could not demand he refrain from possessing them, though he fully expected she would continue warning those of her Coven to never accept spiritual possession (except under very specific circumstances). A tiresome caution, though not one he dare call foolish.

Last edited:

Zak Dymo

Z
Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura

I love the thematic elements and how this adopts the existing lore of the Fanged God. I have no comments on format, template, or anything in this submission. However, the core concept is problematic due to the Chaos rules that prohibit a character from actually being god or immortal. Being a powerful Force entity is fine, and characters (PCs, NPCs) can then believe what they may. But, could I get you to remove the 'god' and 'deity' tags? Fanged God is fine, as that's a specific religious title.

I'd also appreciate if you could nuance the mentions of deification in the submission to be more of a claim than an absolute. With that in mind, if you could change the wording in your intent so that its clear you're describing a supposed or assumed deity, so that its less of a flat fact and more subjective.

Once that's done, I'm happy to stamp this.

Zak Dymo

I was trying to avoid clashing with the no-gods rule (and the no Celestials/Ones) while still providing a little more detail about the entity some Witches may reference, so I've made a few additions/adjustments I hope will help.

I would like to keep 'god' or 'deity' as a tag if that would be acceptable? Not as a definitive label of what they are, but as a means of searching for such an NPC by tag. However, I'd understand if the staff prefers to avoid any NPC being tagged as 'god' to avoid complications. The fanged god tag can suffice.

Zak Dymo

Z
Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura

I certainly appreciate the difficulty in crafting a religious icon NPC without putting a toe over the line with regard to the "is not god" rule. I'll be honest, when I first read this submission and its companion piece, my first thought was that you might be better off describing them in a media sub rather than as NPCs.

Doing them as NPCs makes them more readily usable in threads and stories, because they can be more detailed characters, but (by virtue of the same) that also means they are more readily usable in PVP and that's where we need it to be clear that the character is not god and is not immortal.

For that reason, I need you to remove the 'god' and 'deity' tags. I understand the simplicity in being able to scan and search for things, but they add a layer of complication and also possibly confusion with regard to what this submission is and is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom