Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Guide] The New Jedi's Handbook

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[Guide] The New Jedi's Handbook
July 2019 Edition

Guidelines
  • The first guideline to writing any new character is understanding that the destiny and the training of your Chaos character rests solely within your own hands. Not those of anybody else. You are the master of your ship. Adventure accordingly.
  • The second guideline is to remember that training is not actually required for advancement in rank. We simply recommend you be prepared to accept the responsibilities of your character's future station and social position.
  • Third. Always endeavor to keep track of your own threads. Whether on your home PC, in a blog post, a Tracker Thread, a Diary musing, or on your very own Character Profile. This will be an exceedingly great blessing to you when you have your own students one day. For reproof, revision, and as a resource. Hindsight is always 20/20. Keep a journal. Keep your history.
  • Last, but not least. Please remember every time you log onto the website that you are not your character. You are a guest on another man's website. So always behave accordingly.

Finding a Mentor

There are many, many ways to discover a writing partner who can work with you here. The easiest being to join a Faction and follow their prescribed steps to gaining a mentor. Every Major Faction on CHAOS has a dedicated training forum. Often, all you need do is show up and participate accordingly. Easy as pie.

Now, if joining a group doesn't seem to be your thing and you prefer to enjoy your hobby writing solo? Might I suggest then throwing up a thread in the LFG Forum and titling it: "Looking for Master". In this way the whole of the community can browse your request and respond likewise.

Training

Meditation

By way of invitation, the first lesson for any student of the Force is to grasp meditation. It is with this first step that all Jedi have learned to embrace the Force. By putting aside their own earthly cares and removing all of the barriers to enter it's magical path. Allowing the Force to speak to them and to become their guide and their constant companion on the journey ahead.

The Force can do Anything

Now your character can begin expressing 'Space Magic'.

While the Wookieepedia most often gives us Force Abilities in the form of Singular Powers? Please note that the Force can technically do anything and manifest in absolutely any way. And that's pretty cool. However, always attempt to use good taste in what magical powers your character begins to use. Force Push and Force Jump are very common and can be used by Jedi Padawans and Jedi Masters alike. This is a good magic power and easily accepted by all. However, many Force Abilities are much stranger. Much weirder, darker, twisted, and unusual. Practiced and mastered only by very strong and very experienced characters. Such as Force Storm, Force Obliterate, DeathStar-PewPew, or Force Dominate Flotilla.

Use these abilities at your own risk.

Becoming too powerful or too obnoxious in your Space Magic will always cause other writers to grow frustrated and walk away from your threads. And from you.

Swords

Art of Swordsmanship

Jedi swordsmanship is the most traditional route towards mastering oneself and practicing harmony through self-discipline. However it is not the only route. Swordsmanship is simply the most universally accepted cultural celebration amongst the Jedi traditions.

Learning to use both the sword and the Force as an extension of their natural body. It is an excellent tool of faith, dedication, and of self mastery.

Embracing Form One

Form One is all about the basics of the sword. As a tool and as an instrument. This form is less about magical powers and skillful flourishes as it is about teaching a Jedi to respect the power of deadly force. It is here that every student learns to view the sword as a part of themselves. An extension of their arm and magnifier of their will. Not so much a weapon but as a shield. Not so much a bringer of death but as a defender of life. A powerful expression of how a real Jedi Knight can serve other people. As a guardian of the light.

When teaching or learning Form One, always focus on the mindset of achieving harmony and self-mastery in oneself. The sword and all it's velocities are just the outward expressions of this greater purpose. Self mastery.

Form Two Onward

The higher forms are the fun part. This is were every Jedi gets to show off their individuality. It doesn't matter which form you pick to pursue, or if you decide to pursue many of them. They all have their merits and they all have their own colorful flair. Just focus on your own characters personal strengths and weaknesses as a Star Wars character and you will always succeed. Whether that means by flipping through the air as a Jedi acrobat or artfully parrying away your opponent's lightsaber with a golden saber staff. Aim to have fun.

When teaching or learning Form Two and up. Focus on having fun and expanding outwards beyond your normal comfort zone. This part is all about personality and diversity. Embracing your strengths and weakness to further gain an appreciation for your character's uniqueness of self.

Never a Destination

Lastly, remember that being a Jedi is never found in a destination. It's a journey. So good luck and may the Force be with you.

Happy posting Padawans! :D

[member="Karen Roberts"]
Nice guide. Mine is considerably shorter.

1. Post, don't just post in threads with your Master. Explore.
  2. Work out how long you want to be a Padawan for and make sure your Master knows this.
  3. Don't death charge Sith Lords.

Yours is more impressive though. :p

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Valiens Nantaris said:
Don't death charge Sith Lords.
Well, I could have made a guide entitled "How to stay alive longer". But, I kinda enjoy it when my students learn the hard way. George RR Martin style. x.x'' :D :p

Excellently written!

I'd also stress not to come on and just try and learn everything at once or box oneself in. People be like, "I want to be a guardian crossed with a sentinel, crossed with a Rogue Grey Jedi Consular!"

Come on man. Just find someone to write with, develop your style and let your character develop you. You may want to be a Guardian but write like a Sentinel or vice versa.

Also Dont masquerade as a Rogue Jedi if you are really intent on the Darkside an killing things.

Just go Dark Jedi, or Sith. Stop ruining my niche :p

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The Squirrely said:
Technically, Rogue Jedi are lightsided FUs who aren't aligned with the Jedi Order. So if you are a darksider and have the rogue tag on you, I immediately feel disturbed about you.
Rank Titles do not currently support any type of accurate definition(s) on this website. They are chosen simply by the taste, understanding, and the interpretation of their writers. Any writer is free to interpret the accuracy, and the legitimacy, of their own Rank Titles as it pleases them.

Staff has only ever supported and enforced the 3 Tier system as it rises in power and achievement. Not the actual legitimacy of any of the claims themselves. Therefore, believe what you wish. :D

Karen Roberts said:
Rank Titles do not currently support any type of accurate definition(s) on this website. They are chosen simply by the taste, understanding, and the interpretation of their writers. Any writer is free to interpret the accuracy, and the legitimacy, of their own Rank Titles as it pleases them.

Staff has only ever supported and enforced the 3 Tier system as it rises in power and achievement. Not the actual legitimacy of any of the claims themselves. Therefore, believe what you wish. :D
Yeah, that is true. But there is still a reason why rogue titles are separate from DJ ones and are on the light side of the spectrum. :p

Anyway, I should say it's a nice guide you've written over here! :)

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The Squirrely said:
But there is still a reason why rogue titles are separate from DJ ones and are on the light side of the spectrum.
I can only reinforce that Staff is neutral on the subject and that the membership is encouraged to believe whatever they wish. Enjoy. :D

Carona Totsari

It takes true strengh to turn the other cheek
My Jedi is distinctively a telepath/ mental warrior and healer. She ain't physically strong at all and only knows form one. She will have her "emo stages" but is ultimately a Jedi. Her telepathic abilities are meant to be immense, DC's M'gann Morse being an inspiration. I think she'll be a Padawan for a long time... She's the second character I've ever made on this site and I still love her even after a million revamps xD

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Updated this today to better reflect the changes in the Top Rules related to achieving Knight Rank this year. Cheers. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom