Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Guidance From Beyond The Grave [Veiere Arenais]

Caedyn Arenais

C
ZbIw7sW.jpg

MNEMOSYNE
The Forestry of Ovates held nothing on the dense woodlands of Velichor, yet it held a beauty all the same to Caedyn who had arrived at the Mnemos Jedi Temple some two days ago. With the recession of war came an uneasy sense of adjustment for the Jedi Knight, wanting to enjoy the time of peace and yet expecting it to be temporary. The Sith Order was growing in number in the Outer Rim Territories and in the absence of the Maw, the Bryn'adul and the Imperials, there were certain to be pirates and scavengers looking to pick apart all that was left in the northern territories.

The Galactic Alliance's Senate had taken action to begin assisting the numerous worlds and peoples in their recovery effort, yet it would surely take time before there was a semblance of normality in the lives of all who had been affected. In a bid to support the Senate and the world's in need of aid, Caedyn had contacted the Board at Lifeline Connect Ltd informing them to prioritize and assist the Alliance Relief Effort however possible. They were a privately funded Organization who were perfect for humanitarian aid, and precisely why Caedyn Arenais had founded the group under the House Arenais Humanitarian Trust.

Mnemosyne on the other hand seemed to be fairing perfectly well. As the silent Monarch, there really wasn't much to intervene with unless during times of an emergency. As such, his visits usually meant spending time at the Jedi Temple, checking in with the Order present there and otherwise going about his own affairs. Today was such a day, where he had been spending a great deal of time in the archives and subsequently decided to spend the afternoon out among the wilderness.

The Jedi Knight had found a place of shelter from the heat of the sun. Completely surrounded by tree's, at the base of a mountain slope, Caedyn seated himself upon the smooth surface of a nearby rock where he would set his Staff aside and remove his backpack from over his shoulder. It was blissfully peaceful here, only the sound of the birds and the nearby river accompanied his secluded break away from the rest of the Galaxy.

Reaching into the backpack, Caedyn would remove his canteen and take a drink. The trek had been long enough to build up a sweat and the heat of the summer's day certainly called for some needed hydration. Now seemed as good a time as any to reflect on the weeks that had passed. His meetings with a number of influential Force Users, seeking further insight into the ideologies and practices that separated him from other groups and Orders present around the Galaxy. Voicing his concern for the future, the likelihood of more conflict and the questions that he held over the methods of the Jedi in response to such oppressive movements. Above all else, however, is his desire to better interpret the Will of the Force.

Quite some time ago now, Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield had first taught Caedyn how to commune with the spirit of his Father, Veiere Arenais. Setting his Canteen back into his pack, Caedyn decided now was a good time to commune with Veiere. There were many who could share wisdom with Caedyn, but as his father was one of the wisest the Jedi Knight had known and no longer present in life, Caedyn would position himself atop the rock with his legs crossed and his hands lightly resting atop his knees, taking a moment to pace his breathing slowly and allow his body to relax.

Veiere Arenais

V
The environment around the Jedi Knight would become distant, darkened not in physical nature but rather as if Caedyn Arenais mind had moved elsewhere, to a plane between the corporeal and the ether. Successfully, the Jedi Knight had cleared his mind and deepened his connection to the Force, entering into an introspective state of meditation.

This state of consciousness was not inherently special, still present in the physical world yet connected by the Force, it would allow Caedyn to delve deeper into the ethereal plane where the bridge between worlds would see the man standing before the visage of his Father, Veiere Arenais. This is where the natural world of the living became separate from the Jedi's conscious state, as if entering into an outer-body experience and suddenly finding himself surrounded by a veil of black myst where nothing else was visible but the flooded surface he stood upon, water that rose only so high as his ankles.

"Hello Son" Veiere smiled back at Caedyn Arenais, the older man standing with his hands held in front of him, dressed in the traditional white garments of the Jedi Order; "It has been quite some time since we last spoke. How are you faring?" Veiere asked, casting a studious gaze over the Jedi Knight. In truth, the Force Spirit could read his Son's emotions as they echoed around him, like a ripple effect, unseen by the living and counteracting with the spiritual essence enveloping them both.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Upon entering the introspective state, Caedyn sought to reach out to his father's presence in the Force, recalling past memories where they had spent time together. They were positive memories, family ones where Veiere had still been alive to show his pride and affection for his two children. Along with these images of the past, came the Force flooding in as if swallowing him deeper.

No longer could he feel the warm breeze of Mnemosyne's air against his skin, nor hear the sounds of the birds singing from the branches above him. Everything fell entirely silent and serene, a feeling of great calm washing over him as his Father's presence drew closer.

"Hello Son. It has been quite some time since we last spoke. How are you faring?"

Caedyn's eyes opened to look upon his father, a growing smile meeting the Jedi Master's appearance as Caedyn felt truly gladdened to see him once more. "It has, I'm sorry Father" Caedyn apologized for the absence of their discussions over the past year; "I have been rather busy, now serving in the Temple on Coruscant. It is quite surreal compared to the humble wilds of Kashyyyk" The Jedi Knight chuckled quietly as he picked himself up, standing at an equal height with Veiere.

"Rarely does a day pass by without thinking of you and Mom. Loreena speaks a lot about you two, especially now that she's resigned and living at home on Mnemosyne" Caedyn told his Father, trying to catch him up with as much as possible; "Seems she got the political skills from you both. She really gave everything in fighting for the good of the Galaxy but in the end, I think she decided she wanted a quieter life without the risk that often accompanied her adventures".

"The Sith are still present in the Galaxy, however isolating themselves within the Outer Rim Territories for now. The Galactic Alliance has pretty much come out on top in terms of political powers, there has been a number of wars against Imperials and the Sith, but in the end, Democracy still paves the way for the future" He spoke of the political situation in the known Galaxy, pleased to be able to provide his Father with some positive news on that end.

"Unfortunately the Order of the Silver Jedi has disbanded. I never thought I would see the day, having been active the entirety of my life. I'm not sure what became of the Silver Assembly but many of the Silver Jedi have joined the Rimward Trade League and the Alliance now".

Veiere Arenais

Veiere Arenais

V
"Force knows how many times I was required to get your Mother out of dangerous situations, it's relieving to hear that your Sister isn't following in her footsteps" Veiere smiled, turning to look upon their surroundings. The environment was dark, seemingly simulating the depths of Caedyn's mind as he had drawn himself so deeply into his meditative state.

Reaching out with his right hand, Veiere stretched his fingers out and gave a slow wave. The mist around them rippled once more, this time as if Veiere had run his hand through water. The darkness began to recede and the forest of Mnemosyne once more returned. Caedyn's corporeal form could still be seen seated upon the rock, his eyes closed and body completely still, while the Jedi Knight's ethereal form remained standing alongside the Jedi Master.

"This is much better" Veiere whispered to himself, smiling further as he set his eyes upon the natural beauty of the living world. Turning back to meet the gaze of his Son, Veiere nodded in understanding; "Believe me, your Mother and I are watching over you. Your Mom sees your struggles and your triumphs. Her love for you both has never ceased" He told Caedyn, reaching out to place a light hand upon the Jedi Knight's shoulder.

"As for the Sith, and the Silver Jedi, that does not surprise me. The Order of the Silver Jedi accomplished a great deal of good in their time, and they served their purpose but like all things, there is an end" Veiere stated, speaking in a rather detached manner than Caedyn might expect. In life, Veiere had joined and supported the Order of the Silver Jedi till his death. They had become his family after the separation between himself and Kay Arenais. Now, however, Veiere had the foresight to understand a great many things, including what would come to pass. Though he would not share it.

Having returned to the Force and reunited with Kay in the afterlife, the Netherealm or whatever the living chose to refer to it as, Veiere also understood that those of the living needed to discover and learn on their own, without the intervention of those who had passed. The Force flowed in the natural order, there was a rhythm to life that needed to be maintained. Were Veiere to disclose anything to Caedyn, it would not only take from the Jedi Knight's opportunity to learn and grow but there could be consequences far beyond that of his Son.

"Much has changed since Darth Prazutis and I fought, and yet at the same time...-Nothing has" Veiere muttered quietly, glancing back to his Son and saying nothing further to explain himself. Instead, he turned his attention towards the reason for their reunion. Caedyn often called upon Veiere's assistance when he was in a time of need.

"So then....-You would have questions of me, I imagine" Veiere grinned, "What can I do for you, Caedyn?".

Caedyn Arenais

C
"I've found myself at a crossroads. One in which your Holocron described you had once experienced, and led you towards the Darkside of the Force" Caedyn answered truthfully. It had been arguably the lowest point in Veiere's time as a Father and a Jedi. "In your Holocron, you described becoming resentful of the Jedi for their abundant militarism. I'm not quite at that stage, thankfully; But I have begun to question our current path and instead, I'm searching for alternative answers" Caedyn elaborated.

Caedyn was a different case from his Father who had been a stoic Jedi Master, a traditionalist Consular and strictly adherent to the old ways of the Jedi Order. Veiere's Son on the other hand was trained by the Je'daii, taught to use both the Light and the Darkside of the Force, taught to restrain himself and keep his emotions in check, use them but not treat them as a weakness or something to be avoided. This was what separated him from the rest of his peers, as well as his Father Veiere Arenais.

"I've fought for so long against so many different armies and people, believing I was justified in following the Jedi Path and seeking to keep the peace. The problem was that in participating in violence, I was contradicting the notion of being a peacekeeper. I don't disagree with our role, in that we must defend others and seek to oppose those who would oppress the Galaxy...-But there's got to be a middle-ground. A compromise between one extreme and the other. As such, I believe that is the path of a Consular..." Or at the very least, moving in the right direction of finding said compromise.

"I've started to branch out and seek advice from others. Masters of the Force like Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield and Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun . They both have a great deal of insight and experience, much of wish I could learn a great deal from them. I'm starting to wonder if this struggle is less about the future of the Jedi and more about finding a balance within myself. Part of me feels I cannot change the direction of an entire Order, but I can shape my future as an individual. Could this be less about other Jedi, and more about the Force guiding me in a better direction?" Caedyn had started to ramble his feelings away a little. Concluding with a question in which he seemed to be asking himself more than that of his Father's guidance.

Veiere Arenais

V
"Let me tell you something that could have encouraged me, back when I was struggling. This is a time that will define you as a Jedi. It is almost like a rite of passage for Jedi who has grown in age and experience, suddenly finding themselves on a plateau subconsciously searching for guidance from the Force. The question can be of any relevance, but the purpose is to strengthen your resolve and your faith in the Force" The spirit of Veiere Arenais encouraged his Son, the Jedi Master to walk the ground of the Mnemosyne Forest, studying the display of life as if seeing it with a renewed sense of admiration.

"You may not discover the answers to the question you are asking, but you will grow as an individual and learn from sources of wisdom that you may not have otherwise sought out, had this dilemma crossed your path. I believe you have already begun to prove as much through your meeting with Kaine Zambrano" Veiere suggested, revealing to Caedyn that he had indeed been present in the ethereal Force, watching over his Son during his rendezvous with the Dark Lord of the Sith Empire from Veiere's time, Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex .

"Would you have ever considered meeting the man who is responsible for such vast devastation in the Galaxy? The pinnacle of what the Jedi Order stands against, and yet you reached out to him in the search of knowledge and the possibility of peace. You set aside your differences, your many reasons against doing so, in order to further your potential as a Jedi Knight" The Jedi Master smiled proudly as he looked back to Caedyn Arenais; "How many Jedi can say the same? It takes great humility, tolerance and strength of character to do as you have done".

"Trust in your instincts, as I believe they are serving you well. It is unfortunate that violence is consistent with the Jedi Path, but it is not a Jedi who seeks it out, only to resolve or deter violence in the face of oppression. Serve the Force, and protect life. All of them are equal and entitled to fulfilling their potential, but as you know well, the Will of the Force guides all living beings, and many of which you may come across in conflict, also serve a purpose of their own, known only to the Force. Cast aside your regrets for the past, focus on maintaining your integrity and listen close to that which the Force is telling you".

Caedyn Arenais

C
Veiere had always spoken with a sense of purpose, a certain confidence and clarity in all that he wished to convey to others. Today was no different, as Caedyn listened to his Father's advice, remaining quiet and attentive.

To see his current predicament as a Jedi rite of passage had not been something Caedyn had considered. He had of course known that Jedi often struggle in their path and that faith in the Force would serve him well, but calling it a rite of passage somehow spoke to the Jedi Knight providing a sense of greater authenticity to his ongoing quest for knowledge and understanding. It was almost comedic, how such a reference could provide a new meaning to the direction he was headed.

"It was not easy, that I must admit" Caedyn acknowledged his Father's mention of Kaine Zambrano. Carnifex had created a lot of strife for House Arenais in particular. Commenor, his parent's plight against the Sith Empire. His Mother's abduction and his Father's rebellion against the Empire. "Part of me felt as though I was betraying the Jedi Order by not seeking to bring him into custody, but the Praxeum there was founded in neutrality and who better to prove this than such an example". Caedyn wasn't certain he was so deserving of the praise, but the validation from his father was appreciated immensely. It felt good to have Veiere's approval, especially during a time when Caedyn felt uncertain of his future.

"Cast aside my regrets..." Caedyn muttered to himself as if reiterating the meaning behind his Father's words; "The Will of the Force guides us all, and so regardless of a person's moral choices, the present we face has been preordained?" He asked, seeking to clarify his interpretation of his Father's wisdom.

Veiere Arenais

V
"What will be, will be" Veiere nodded in confirmation, "Though this perception should not keep you from seeking to advocate for peace and justice in the Galaxy. Do not allow your interpretation to lead to complacency" the Jedi Master elaborated. "There will always be a sense of right and wrong in the sentient life, and while this may be considered relative to an individual's point of view, people will always exercise their right of free will. Your role in this is to understand that, despite the ethics behind people's actions, they are still people at the end of the day and the Force lives and breathes through them every bit as much as it does the Jedi".

"Think of the Will of the Force as a plan set in motion. All that happens, have been foreseen. People will always be left to make their own decisions of course, as free will is a sentient right given to us through the Force, and if they choose to go against the Will of the Force, then the consequences are of their making. Naturally, you should hope to prevent this from happening, but it is not a Jedi's role in life to keep people from making their own choices. You are a peacekeeper, not a dictator. Everyone has to answer for their choices in life, sooner or later".

"You are not responsible for the bad decisions made by others. You can only do what you can, to protect those who are endangered by such people" Veiere explained. "Life is precious, but it is also chaotic due to the ways in which people influence the worlds around us. You must learn to make sense of this, not for others but in yourself if you are to be at peace".

Veiere turned to look to the sky above, his expression growing thoughtful. "I would suggest you search for the Rammahgon for further insight and knowledge. These ancient texts are symbolic of the origins of the Jedi Order and may help you to relate with our predecessors. The worlds of Ondos and Had Abbadon may also prove to be invaluable to your pursuit as a Jedi Consular, if you are able to reach them. Both planets were considered lost to the navigational charts of my time, but you may have better luck than I did".

Caedyn Arenais

C
Had Abbadon and Ondos, further leads that could well progress Caedyn's search for answers in the history of past Jedi; Although only so much could be learned from looking back, the Jedi Knight held a deep respect for the history of the Jedi Order and wished to honour past Jedi through his own sense of duty and commitment to the Will of the Force. "Yes, I've heard of the Rammahgon before. I did not think to seek them out though as I assume they've already been located and preserved by other Jedi. Still, they could hold valuable information, this is true" Caedyn agreed, albeit reluctantly for he did not yet know where the Rammahgon were, or who was in possession of them.

"What do you know of the Celestials?" Caedyn would soon ask his father, curious to hear what the former Jedi Master had discovered about the presence of these supposed ancient and powerful deities of the Force; "Kaine Zambrano spoke of them and after further research, they were rumoured to have orchestrated the very will of the Force, some even going so far as to believe they still manipulate the flow of events and balance in the Galaxy today" the Jedi Knight elaborated.

"If there is any truth to their existence and creation of the Force, does this not contradict much of what we are taught to believe through the Jedi teachings?" He would soon ask, a frown coming to his brow as he felt uncomfortable with such thoughts. Learning to be comfortable with the uncomfortable, however, was a responsibility of the Jedi. For if they did not ask such questions, who would?

Veiere Arenais

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom