Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GTA V PC

Avadreia Lacroix said:
Why would you want to play a masterpiece any other way than on a good PC? That's crazy talk.
Is every game a masterpiece? I feel like that word shouldn't be thrown around so lightly. GTAV? Maybe, but the argument I usually hear is "Why would you want to play any game on a console when you have a great gaming PC?", to which my answer is, "Comfort"

I grew up playing console games, and I'm not too hot on keyboard and mouse when I can control everything on one controller. The only exceptions I've come across are LoL and CS:GO and that's mostly just because neither of those offer console options.

skin, bone, and arrogance
Varus Shatterstar said:
Is every game a masterpiece? I feel like that word shouldn't be thrown around so lightly. GTAV? Maybe, but the argument I usually hear is "Why would you want to play any game on a console when you have a great gaming PC?", to which my answer is, "Comfort"

I grew up playing console games, and I'm not too hot on keyboard and mouse when I can control everything on one controller. The only exceptions I've come across are LoL and CS:GO and that's mostly just because neither of those offer console options.
No, not every game is a masterpiece, but I never said it was. We're talking specifically about one game, Grand Theft Auto V. The PC release is essentially the end-all, be-all version of what is widely agreed to be one of the best games of the decade. Whether it is a masterpiece is not even a matter of discussion.

As for comfort, maybe it's just my tiny hands, but I find both PS3 and Xbox 360 controllers to be extremely uncomfortable. Haven't tried PS4 or XBone yet.

[member="Varus Shatterstar"], you really need to read this post.

There are only two advantages of a console in 2015:
  • Specific exclusives (not in the amount, which PC wins at, but certain franchises such as Uncharted and Halo. But even that has dwindled as of recent)
  • Friends that own the same console and play online games on it
Every other possible feature of the console is either shared with the PC or objectively outclassed by a PC. The perceived advantage you've mentioned is actually something that the PC has - and can do much better, too.

Just gonna step in and say that Console Wars are pointless and that we'll just agree that [member="Varus Shatterstar"] has his opinion just as we have ours.

Now on a brighter note:​
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkBMAHUkibY​
LESS THAN 24H LEFT!

O_O

Holy crap... I just prefer a controller. That's not to say I don't lile PC gaming. Like I've stated previously... I have a gaming PC and currently play League of Legends AND CS:GO.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I've also always played GTA on a console, so yea. It's not an argument of which has better graphics or game play. I already own GTA V on PS4.

So... Kay...

Kana Truden said:
Just gonna step in and say that Console Wars are pointless and that we'll just agree that [member="Varus Shatterstar"] has his opinion just as we have ours.
Easy. Bring it down a notch. A difference of opinion doesn't have to result in "shhhh stop talking about it" in a forum that's supposed to be people well on their way to adulthood. [member="Varus Shatterstar"] doesn't need to be treated like a toddler.

Now, on a brighter note - you know you want to party with this lady. Let's get a crew together!
271590_screenshots_2015_04_13_00024.jpg

Yoru Shakou

There are plenty of reasons as to why people with both a console and a PC would not have GTA V for the PC. For instance, while I have two new computers, they are not by far gaming rigs. While they run games like Civ 5 without a problem, they struggle with Skyrim. GTA V would just wreck my PCs.
There's also the simple fact that after years of being slaved to an Xbox 360, I was able to return to my Sony routes when I was gifted a PS4 for Christmas. I also received GTA V on PS4 as a late birthday gift.
Either way, it mainly falls to each their own, and whom they decide to support. For me, I can cross between console gaming and pc gaming without a fuss.
I also just got into Vegas today, so my PS4 is in its box. I'll be hooking it up tomorrow when I have a moment. Hit me up [member="Varus Shatterstar"], the name is HomeboundDucky. I'm getting really tired of the idiots I've been randomly matched with when it comes to the heists.

[member="Varus Shatterstar"]

i'll play da games with choo on da ps4

edit:

also shutup about the PC master race crap

just because someone likes to play games a certain way doesn't make them wrong or stupid. if you think that because you have a PC you have a somehow better gaming experience then you're stupid and need to really re-evaluate what it means to play a game, because honestly we're all sitting down and playing the same thing at this point for six hours at a time, so who's really better?

Preliat Mantis said:
[member="Varus Shatterstar"]

i'll play da games with choo on da ps4

edit:

also shutup about the PC master race crap

just because someone likes to play games a certain way doesn't make them wrong or stupid. if you think that because you have a PC you have a somehow better gaming experience then you're stupid and need to really re-evaluate what it means to play a game, because honestly we're all sitting down and playing the same thing at this point for six hours at a time, so who's really better?
I know this is going to be like trying to explain gravity to a chicken, but no one called anyone wrong or stupid (except you, who is manifestly and obviously both). Please threadjack somewhere else - this is a thread to discuss getting a group together to play Grand Theft Auto V on PC.

giphy.gif

I agree, a crew would be sweet and playing Online with an actual person would be pretty sweet as well.

I've no-lifed Invite-Only and Solo Sessions for longer than I care to admit. Right now I am tearing through the story to unlock all them sweet Director Mode stuffs but hey, so far so good.

I have no idea how crews work though, so if we do set something up, hit me up. I mean, if I am allowed to join in and all that.

Avadreia Lacroix said:
Easy. Bring it down a notch. A difference of opinion doesn't have to result in "shhhh stop talking about it" in a forum that's supposed to be people well on their way to adulthood
Until politics are brought into it.

Anyway, I'm trying to scrounge together some dosh to grab this up, so if you folks ever make a gang let me know and I'll jump in if the hype train doesn't die before I get there. I need a good substitute to APB since that's still a steaming load.

[member="Avadreia Lacroix"]

Love it!

I requested membership, only problem is that Online is a pain in the butt. I keep crashing and it's only in Online. Just saying in case we happen to be on at the same time, heists might be a bit risky. :(

Verie Lacroix

V
Tefka said:
I just wanna say I came here to read about GTA V, not these whiney PC vs Console crap posts.

With that said, I think I'm gonna invest in this game and get rollin' with ya'll.

Hal Terrano said:
I have purchased this product for the old personal computer, as the young kids say.
Give us your Social Club names!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom