Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goddess Cultures & Fighting Fists (Mandalorian Empire Dominion of Hapes Hex AA26)[ME/HC]

Goddess Cultures & Fighting Fists
Mandalorian Empire Dominion of Hapes (Hex AA26)
clanmantis.png

Mand’alor the Infernal tightened her beskar crush gaunt along her forearm, fingers brushing the impervious metal. Gold and black. Vengeance and justice. Her buy’ce rested on the table, the wolf-jackal standard staring lifelessly at her.

A new beskar’gam for a renewed Mand’alor. A post-Barataria Mand’alor. This was not the gentle amber eyed girl, who sat across from a negotiator’s table stroking her belly under a grey cloak. This was not a woman who feared for her place, or the next catastrophe which would strike her family and People.

In the eyes of those who misunderstood Mandalorian culture, Yasha Mantis’ hard, yet lovely face took the aura of a monarch, although she was not one. The Mand’alor was not a Queen, or a member of Nobility lording over the masses. She was one of the vode, an equal at an equal’s table, and she was sole ruler. She upheld the culture of the Resol’nare, spoke Mando’a, wore her armour, and was raising a warrior.

Newborn Adara Mantis laid swaddled in red cloth, Yasha’s Mantis Crest emblazoned on the fabric. Adara fought before her first breath, throwing down the odds of a premature birth, of the dangers her mother and she were thrust within.

Adara fought for her first breath, and her second, and third. Yet, Adara was strong. Yasha nuzzled her nose along Adara’s cheek. Hair braided up in a crown braid, black lipstick adorning her pouting lips, Yasha picked up her helmet in the crook of her arm, her war hammer veered into her other hand, and she let it click on the mag-lock on her back.

Today was not a day for war.

It was a day to bring conciliation and perspective to hopefully new allies. Yasha, [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"], [member="Shia Kryze"] and [member="Baiko no Kaho"] were approaching the Hapes Consortium to bring their Mists into the Mandalorian Empire as a protectorate.

An independent government under the naval protection of the Mandalorian Empire, and open to a free trade treaty. The Hell Wolf and its’ Armada came out of hyperspace outside Lorell and chimed the insular feminine culture’s network of holo-comms. Standing on the holopad, holding her ferocious wolf’s helm in the crook of her arm, Yasha looked every inch the terrifying near seven foot tall warrior goddess, and a fair faced, olive skin and raven haired woman.

“To the regal Ladies of the Hapes Consortium, I am Yasha Mantis, Mand’alor the Infernal of the Mandalorian Empire and I and my fleet come in peace, to entreat with you. We wish to open trade with Hapes, to ensure the Hapes Cluster remains independent of government, and protected from exterior harm. Please accept the gifts we bring to you, and allow us passage to speak with your leaders. We also wish to inform you of pirate activity along your Hapan Spine, my Mando’ade have chased the curs past Roqoo to The Throat, and wish to end their threat. Would you give us the honour of defending your borders alongside your warriors?” She let the communication run, looking to her female compatriots with a settling breath.

“We wait for the Hapan response. Keep our Armada in defensive positions. Send word to [member="Kaine Australis"] and @Alkor Centauri. Eliminate the pirates who stray too far from the Throat. Do not take prisoners of the pirates.” Yasha’s alto voice reverberated through the Command Deck of her War Ship, as Tuulu nodded, turned and saw it done.
clanmantis.png

A fleet of marauding pirates have been making enemies of the Hapan outer worlds for some time, raiding and testing the borders of the proud Consortium.

1. Mandalorians & Hapans, prepare for diplomatic talks at Lorell!
2. Mandalorians & Hapans, prepare for battle to defend our hopefully new vode!
3. Mandalorians & Hapans, don’t want to negotiate or fight? Enjoy a cultural exchange on the Shereshoy, Rekr Class Dreadnaught.

Hapes Cluster Map
hapescluster.png
clanmantis.png

[member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Raiz Australis"] [member="Kaden Mantis"] [member="Artemis Lux"] [member="Shia Kryze"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Adora Namadi"] @Kervo Namadi [member="Silas Mantis"] [member="Karsan Calnov"] [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] [member="Parja-Kal"] [member="Quoron Mantis"] [member="Tal Vizsla"] [member="Liset Vereen"] @Avia Wren [member="Connory"] [member="Caz Australis"] [member="Dorn Skirata"] [member="Amanda Kryze "][member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] [member="Amaya Cardei"] [member="Skosk Fett"] [member="Rex Taff"] [member="Spencer Australis"] [member="Strider Garon"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Rhaegar Nemesis Dib"] [member="Ginnie Dib"] @Ra’amah [member="Nita Quez"] @Johanes Quez [member="Cynthia Garon"] [member="Aedan Miles"] @Aaleus Thorn [member="Alkor Centaris"] @Bha’lir Australis [member="Gerarich Thanor "][member="Jor Kvall"] [member="Karsan Calnov"] [member="Ambrose Mantis"] [member="Rory Baccus"] [member="Nibsani"] Australis [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"] [member="Tha'ga Temi"] [member="Erin Tenel"] [member="Lucienne Sinclair"] [member="Xil Lviahe"] [member="Persephone Callas"] [member="Relina Zhan"] [member="Cathbodua"]

Allana Badeaux

Ta’a Chume – Queen Mother
For a short span there was no return answer to Yasha Mantis. The waiting could have seemed longer for someone being impatient. In reality it was only a couple standard galactic minutes tell she got a response from the Hapes Consortium.

“Mand’alor the Infernal”, the words from a young lady resonated over the holo-comms. The words came from the Ta’a Chume Allana Badeaux. Adorned in white dress intertwined with clear blue gems, and onto of her brow was the Rainbow Crown. She sat on a throne on what appeared to be a bridge upon a starship. Like Yasha, Allana was young. Both called to lead would say unpleasant circumstances. Yet they both had stood tale regardless of the odds.

“Welcome to the Throat”, her lips parted into a smile. Allana physical presence was not as bold as Yasha’s. There was not fear in Allana’s eyes. There was warmth and her physical presence gave credit to the beauty were so known for. Her very posture mirrored her very words.

“I was most pleased to hear your words. They were very thoughtful and courteous to the very peace out two nations already share. I am most interested in sitting down with you and discussing a trade agreement. As for the exterior it has been a long standing policy of the Consortium to not interfere with Galactic politics. Piracy on the edge of the Consortium’s borders is not something we like. Rarely do we venture out of the Transitory Mists to handle such issues. It is intriguing, the thought of The Royal Hapen Navy and the warriors of the Mando’ade uniting together to end a common threat to both of their people.”
“Would you prefer to have this meeting onboard a ship or on land”, Allana could make arrangements on the nearest planet within the Consortium. It would just take a brief amount of time to delegate task to quickly have that done.

“As for sending aid to deal with the pirates please forgive me. It will just take a short time to call in a task force for to give aid”, it was not like Allana was going to pull ships of the boarder. It was just wiser to call in the ships that was docked and off duty.

“I will be delighted to hear word in your next transmission”, Allana clicked the button on the arm of the throne. With that the transmission was placed on hold tell Yasha was ready to speak.

“I want”, Allana looked at some gathered officer. “For the Duch’as onboard to come up here as soon as possible. Star to make arrangements on Maad for a proper place for an economic treaty summit. We can’t let the Mand’alor think we’re some sort of savages. Also I want a decent sized amount of Battle Dragons and Nova pulsars ready to give aid to out Mandalorian friends. Have them jump to Maad to stage before I gave the order for them to give aid. Go now, get this done!”

The officers gathered scattered running about on the bridge of the Hapen vessel. Thinking it through she knew an economic treaty with the Mandalorians could prove fruitful given the chance. However it was not just her choice. She was Queen. She could just give the order. However it could make the current situation worse. Some Duch’as have called for conservatism and to have independence form the rest of the galaxy. They wish to stay isolated away from the galaxy. Allana had been crafty so far. She had a boarder scope then some within the Consortium. She knew the dangers that lay outside of the galaxy. She knew having a few friends could help. If she could find a way to use this to her advantage, she could make sure The Consortium’s sovereignty would hold strong. She could quite possible strengthen the Consortium.

[member="Yasha Mantis"]

To boldly alchemize what no one alchemized before
Objective: Pirates
Allies: [member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Kaine Australis"]
Enemies: Pirates

Once again, in Mand'alor service, Petria was enlisted to perform special operations, in the Transitory Mists this time around. Unlike Bandomeer, where she had to deliver a trapped shipment of ion bombs, here the aims would be different. It was more about defeating pirates; however, as with all the stuff I did on Nibelungen, subterfuge may be key. A new codename, a new fake identity, a new fake backstory, if that's what I was going to need to accomplish what I want, so be it, she thought, while her life as a Mando secret agent left her no respite these days. True, IFFs would reveal their makes and whatnot, just that depending on what awaited here upon reversion, she would have to proceed differently. For example, if the pirates were using bioships, there would be no use whatsoever in slicing, or, if the pirates were not using missiles at all, she would not be attempting to cause premature detonations of missile magazines. It seemed that slicing is a specialty that gained limited traction in the underworld because of more limited opportunities for flashy actions, be it as a security crewmember, as a pilot or otherwise, so lucky were the pirate crews with a slicer on hand. Or so her logic went.

"Sure I may not be as pretty as those Hapan ladies down there, I wonder whether Skosk is the oddball or if my beauty standards are just too different from his..."

This mission would be his first among the Empire's military. His Alor and brother made sure that he would join the ranks of the Mand'alor to show the Clans loyalty to her cause. Jake knew he was a pawn in his brothers game, and in truth he did not care he was finally free from the Nomad Fleet. With the Exiled citizens of Ra's Regime finally settling in on the Mandalorian Colonies around the new empire, he was able to leave the fleet.

He wore reforged Mandalorian Armor, specifically a Pilots armor, his families Red and Black paint to design the armor itself. He stood in the same room as his Mand'alor, [member="Yasha Mantis"], his brother [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] informed the women of his brothers participation in this. Use the boy where he is needed and be sure to not to go soft on his assignment. He wished to join the fighter pilots, fighting off those pirates in updated Mandalorian Machines of death. He didn't enjoy killing, just the rush of almost being killed and seeing if there was someone out there who could surprise him. This would be his first real combat mission, and he was already feeling cocky about his ability to complete this mission.

One of the Mandalorian Aids to the Mand'alor walked up to him, from the helmets mic, "Your are to report to Battlemaster Kaine of Clan Australis, your assigned to squadron one."

He headed off to one of the Hanger Bays to a Starbird and jumped in the cockpit. [member="Kaine Australis"] was a great leader and an allie of Clan Awaud, he and his older brother worked together and it was an honor to join the man in the battlefield. Launching and roaming the space around the Fleet. He radioed the Battlemaster looking for the wing of fighter he was to join, "Control, this is Evaar'la Zero One, requesting permission to join the ranks of Squadron One."

Objective: Clear Corsair Outback. Begining from Terephon
Allies: ME ( @[member='Yasha Mantis'] )

Nix Engineering tasked some of his company guards and operators to fill a Cross of Mejai. The Mandalore army and some of the wealthy folks were entering the cluster to create alliance by trade or helping them erase the pirate problem. The assassin hoped to get help in his endevour of cleansing the cluster. Before entering what it was going to be an exhausting adventure, he transmitted a message "Acaleus Thorn communicating from my cruiser. To any Mando that receive the message, im going through the Corsair Outback, starting in Terephon. Anyone is welcome to aid us in this mission" House James receive Acaleus as someone would treat someone with a death wish.

There were one of the two entrance to the Rim worlds, and that job cost them a lot of people and resources. Even receiving taxes wasn´t enough "Alright this will be a resume. That road is swarmed. Armies has gone there and would never came back, and the only things that goes through the other side of the path are pirates. We won´t give you any resources, as it would aid the pirates to exercise their pillage" to anyone else, the leader would sound insulting, but Acaleus understood. He wasnt the only one who tried to cleanse that path, nor the first one to succed.

With good luck, this would end faster, but he had a tendency to be wrong "Go forward. Towards Reboam" radars scan the area, operators and pilots where ready in the battle posts. Acaleus sat on a computer and start playing a game

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
1. Mandalorians & Hapans, prepare for diplomatic talks at Lorell! Just behind [member="Yasha Mantis"] w/ [member="Mykes Vatak"]
Meeting - [member="Allana Badeaux"]

Tom and Mykes had managed to get themselves in on the diplomatic team. Tom believed having a hapan among them would help the mandalorians. Given how the two were force bonded now. Mykes would feel Tom's nervousness. Tom was unsure about all of this. He had spent so long in the forests then learning a fair amount of force powers. He was in his best good cloths and a cloak. It was his preferred get up.

He would then look at the Mand'alor and ask "So what are we expecting Mand'alor? They are helping us, so we negotiate now? Sorry I have been trying to learn a lot in a month. I am still unsure of customs among other things." A bright white owl with a calming aura would be sitting on his shoulder with a blackened wrong looking cat like predator by his side. No one on board the craft apart from force sensitives would even be able to feel the aura of the blackened animal and even then they would have trouble feeling it. However it was a quiet beast that simply stood by Tom's side and never left it once.

When he had first heard from [member="Tom Taff"] where they Tom was headed, he wanted to go almost right away. To Hapan, the planet of his birth. His home planet. His family had not returned to Hapan, or at least as far as he knew. So here they were, headed to Hapan. He could feel through the force how Tom was feeling. He was feeling the same himself. Though he didn't pay as much attention to the others as Tom did, more so eager to get to get his feet back onto Hapan. He was almost bouncing on his heels.

Perhaps him being of Hapan would help them, somewhat. Perhaps...

Tha'ga Temi

Minister of External Affairs for Hapes
Objective: Mandalorians & Hapans, prepare for diplomatic talks at Lorell
Allies: [member="Allana Badeaux"]
Guests: TBD

No one would dispute that having a female Mandalore would be well received by Hapes. But that singular fact alone would only go so far in winning over loyalty of this strictly matriarchal culture. In addition to gifts, the Mandalorian Empire would also procure pirate heads on a metaphorical silver platter, a welcome gesture.

While some Hapans may take this as an insult, that their Navy was inferior, Tha’ga felt cautiously optimistic. As Minister of External Affairs it would her job to accompany Queen Badeaux and her royal entourage to wherever this diplomatic meeting would be held. Wearing a mint green gown, a bouquet of roses, eye-flowers and leaves from a tree of wisdom was clasped in her jeweled hands, a gift to [member="Yasha Mantis"] herself, the redhead listened to the comms back and forth between both rulers. At the beckoning of the Duch’as, Tha'ga turned to her assistant, Isabeau, and said, “The Queen has given nothing but support to the Heritage Council to date. Do you think that she would…?” Betray wasn’t the right word. Tha’ga’s loyalty to the young monarch was strong as the Dragon’s Teeth which surrounded Reef Fortress Island.

“Lead us astray?” offered Isabeau.

“Yes, perhaps.” Tha’ga adjusted the tidy row of braids which wrapped around her head, crown-like. “Oh, I don’t know,” she said in a whisper. It was likely both of them were being secretly recorded so she knew better than to go into details. Paranoia was a familiar feeling as a Hapan.

Making her way to the bridge where Queen Badeaux sat on her throne, Tha’ga and Isabeau entered bowing elegantly to their leader.

“Your Grace,” she said. “You know I feel wary of any proposal by the Mandalorians. Especially since we’ve come so far in establishing the council and the old ways. But I trust your judgement with all of my heart, Ta’a Chume.”

Allana Badeaux

Location: On board the Consortium Flagship (The Dawn’s Hammer)
Objective: 1 Diplomatic talks
Allies: Everyone
Enemies: Everyone

“Minister Temi”, despite the situation, despite the discussion…Allana did great Tha’ga with a warm smile. That was a good sign, was it not? It did come across to Allana already that not only would she have to contend with political talks with the Mandalorians she would also have to play politics with her royal court. Every day was a holo chess match for Allana. Today was no different. Tha’ga could be a ally in this situation or a enemy. Both she and Tha’ga did have the same end goal of survival of the Consortium. Their perceptions could be the same or it could not be.

“Yes I understand”, Allana spoke mainly referring to understanding how Tha’ga felt. It was the same debate over and over. It would be ideal if the galaxy had just let the Consortium alone. It was not easy to stay neutral in a galaxy tearing itself apart from war. Allana knew this well and had fought to keep the Hapes Consortium neutral. Truly neutral? That was not a possibly no matter how much wishful thinking there was. There were some in the galaxy that just wished to see it all burn down. It was those to far consumed by the Dark Allana was truly concerned about.

“I could twist words around and play political theater with you, however”, Allana just went straight to the truth and not a course of manipulation. “The truth is the Mando’ade are here. One could easily assume from historical records the Mando’ade are generous with friends and family. Those who do not fall into that category”, Allana did not say because that truth was well known.

“Our people already hire Mando’ade mercenaries. Having something down on paper would not harm anything. We could in this economic discussion speak of food. Their home world is just recovering. They had to look to other alternatives to get food. A hungry people tend to do desperate things. If they’re not hungry it is very likely their people will not turn to piracy. Would there be any harm in helping those who are less fortunate then us?” It was the truth. The Mando’ade was here. The Mando’ade wanted a little more than neutrality. They wanted to be friends and began trade. There was one fact Allana had not mentioned. She was sure she was not being manipulated from her feelings. There was a portion of her that felt for the Mando’ade. Their home, their mother Mandlaore was harmed not long ago. Hapes Prime had suffered its own suffering not long ago. Maybe it was love and her maternal instinct being pushed by the Force Wound of Hapes Prime she took on. Maybe the Mnaod’ade offer was starting to become an excuse to reach out with her influence into the rest of the galaxy. The Hapes Consortium did have its enemies. The Galactic Alliance was still out there.

This was a discussion though. Allana opened it up. Tha’ga had an opening to give her council. It was her duty as Minister of Foreign Affairs.

[SIZE=11pt]Location:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] Maad[/SIZE]

Jumping to this location was not truly possible. Taking a hyperspace jump through the Transitory Mist was not possible. The Mist was one big hyper space shadow. Death would be certain if the Happen Fleet vessels tried such a risky maneuver within the Mists. Battle Dragons and Nova Pulsars had started to slowly make their way to the staging point. They had to travel at sub light speed, everyone did in the Transitory Mists.

[member="Tha'ga Temi"] [member="Mykes Vatak"] [member="Tom Taff"] [member="Acaleus Thorn"] [member="Jake Awaud"] [member="Petria Breguet"] [member="Yasha Mantis"]

[member="Allana Badeaux"] [member="Tha'ga Temi"]

"One can also go by historical records that they will betray us the first chance a better offer comes along." She said it while entering with a bow. THe jedi master and healer remained mostly neutral and with the proximity had come back home and now there was this. She looked at the queen mother and others who were here as she stood tall in the bodysuit. She waited for a moment before bowing and removing the hood from her bodysuit. THe ocular lens remaining black and shiny until she spoke. "And as I recall queen mother, their own people nuked their world because of disagreements." She also knew how they reacted in the past with others who disagreed or didn't bend to their will. Cleaning up the walls of Voss temple after the however many attacks and raids from that month.

"Fro experience with them in the past aside from [member="Ember Rekali"] and his clan who were on Yavin. There are few I would trust." She pointed. "And foe diplomatic talks they did bring an armada, it is not like you can refuse." She was open to trust but she had learned practicality instead of just accepting it. The reports from the latest dust up that [member="Jyoti Nooran"] had were there and she was one to see the aftermath of such situations. "Master Nooran already worked during and after Barataria. Their reasoning is questionable, honor questionable as they made accusations without proof aside from 'trust us" and opened fire after sending a group into another governments space." She said it and made a look under her face mask. "Sounds kind of familiar now that I say it out loud."

She was looking at this situation, show up heavily armed with a 'We come to talk' and really there is no way to refuse, if they want in then they would force it so forcing one side to be polite was all she could see. Arms going across her chest and the jedi master thought about how best to handle the situation or what sage council she could offer. The few other hapen's she knew that might be able to offer some advice would hopefully show up but this felt less like it would be diplomatic talks and more here is what we want and what you'll do otherwise x. "I advise caution, there is a reason Hapes chose isolation over stretching out into the galaxy and we knew how to handle pirate problems without aid." Her gaze turned toward the foreign affairs minister for what she might be able to add.

Objective: Diplomatic Talks

Cassiopeia played with the datapad as she sat in a chair next to the table. Unlike the others and more in Cassiopeia fashion, she wore a modern light blue dress for the occasion. She was reading up on Hapes culture but mostly was lost in thoughts. One hand rested on her stomach, mostly as a way to mentally comfort her body from the near constant waves of nausea due to her growing twins.

It was luck that they were all alive. Yasha, Adara, Kaden, herself. Her own twins. She immediately thought of Ambrose and his 'Little Wife,' as he called her. Her heart sank, imagine the pain of losing someone so close. She bit her lip, watching the Mand'alor with the young Adara. She smiled, watching the mother and child nuzzle. There was nothing quite like motherhood.

But today wasn't a day to remember yesterdays' tragedies. Today was a day of negotiation, of hope, of autonomy & independence. She rubbed the back of her neck and listened to Yasha's message to the leaders of the Hapes Consortium. It was, as expected, an excellent message that was sent.

It was only a few minutes later that the Queen Mother replied - explaining their isolationism, defeating a common enemy, and a simple question - where should we have the meeting?

In either case, she heard Rex ask Mand'alor a question. She already knew most of the Mandalorian goals. She hoped the Hapans would be a reasonable people. And from the few encounters she did have, they did have a wonderful culture.

[member="Yasha Mantis"] | [member="Mykes Vatak"] | [member="Tom Taff"] | [member="Allana Badeaux"]

Post 1
Objective 1
Location on board the Dawn's Hammer
Enemies?
Allies: [member="Allana Badeaux"] | [member="Tha'ga Temi"] | [member="Cathbodua"] |
Guests???

Had she heard the thoughts and ideas of Tha'ga she would have agreed to negotiate with a female as opposed to a male was welcome. Hapan society and their view of males certainly would have put the first hurdle to be crossed in talks.

Mandalorians, Mel had no experience with them but all that she heard made her think of blood thirsty savages not much better than the pirates that occupied the mists. She had heard also that they all wore armor to cover their faces and body because one could not tell the women from the men. How could that be possible though when they were quite prolific in their reproduction. There were several clans that seemed to have an endless supply of 'family'. Perhaps she would get answers to her questions and dispel whatever myths her mind was clouded with.

She now listened to the Queen speaking with the Minister of Foreign Affairs, this would certainly be a test of her skills during this negotiation. "there is no harm in helping someone else as long as in time they do not turn around and bite the hand that feeds them." Mel bowed her head to the Queen Mother.

They would be arriving soon and if they could not at least put on a united front they needed to at least know where they each stood in private.

Somewhere
Sometime
[member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"]

It was almost comfortable.

There was something blissful about growing in the womb, a state of sentience but not quite conciousness and the body developed. The unborn child didn't have a clue what gender it was, it just knew that it was a tight fit. There was something else near it, the second thing scared the child slightly. Not that the child was ever admit that, the child was brave and fearless. That suggested that the child knew those words. That suggested the child knew anything.

Deep.

The space was tight. The child wondered in it's state of semi sentience what it would be like to be the only thing floating in the darkness. The darkness was warm, there was something underneath it that the child could float in. The child just had to share with the other thing growing. The child wanted to explore and play, learn what the other thing was and what it did. It couldn't though, for a cord sticking out of him was restraining him.

But all of this was based on the fact the child had these thoughts. Who knows if it's possible. A child could possibly have thoughts in the womb, there's no evidence either way for a developing fetus does develop a mind early on.

Deep. The child couldn't handle it.

So instead, it just kicked.

Allies: [member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Jake Awaud"]

"Time to pose as a password management system vendor"

So that's how I intend to use the NIMB money: no more selling ion bomb filling disguised as printer toner, she thought, while she would rather proceed in a different manner. Backdoors enabling remote access, keylogging, these were the main possibilities that were hers. Not suspecting that the pirates were, in fact, going to have some big problems down the road, she decides that, using a password management system similar to the one used by the Ancient Eye State Media, to try her hand at selling the pirates some of the password management systems. And, in fact, there was a gaping hole in her fake backstory if she intended to use that fake identity of Hetzel Holdo once again: it was not enough to be a twenty-something from Oorn Tchis. She could always claim to be an entrepreneur manufacturing password management systems, HoldoWare, that ought to fill the biggest gaps. She also got an old WA-7 droid from Winter to act as another deck hand onboard the Bes'solegot. Because the Bes'solegot was not going to run itself, especially not when Petria was busy slicing targets of opportunity.

"We're being hailed"

"Patch it through"

"You have ten seconds to identify yourself or prepare to be boarded" the pirate captain warned her.

"I am Hetzel Holdo, of HoldoWare: my ship is only carrying password management systems. Do you want to buy password management systems? They can import every password stored into the mainframe and the users associated with them, encrypt them to the 512-bit standard and covered by one master password for each of those users; there's no more forgetting of passwords and passwords are safely secured" not suspecting, in fact, that she holds the other copy of the decryption key.

Objective 1
Mandos: [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] [member="Yasha Mantis"] [member="Tom Taff"] [member="Mykes Vatak"]
Hapan: [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"] [member="Allana Badeaux"] [member="Tha'ga Temi"] [member="Cathbodua"]

It had been some time since Gray had come out to greet the Hapan people. They were reclusive, protective, and suspicious of outsiders. It was not unlike how Mandalorians were in ways. He respected them for their focus on what was their's and their own. When it became known to him that discussions with the Hapan people were on the table for that reason, he made sure he was coming along. His daughter was changed following the events at Barataria, but who wouldn't be after giving birth in such conditions? She might need a level head, although the young woman Cassi from clan Australis was as level headed as her dad [member="Kaine Australis"] was ornery, to keep her moving things along peacefully.

Standing next to his daughter, Gray was wearing the Clan Raxis armor as always. The dark blue and gray color with the Raxis Wolf over his heart gave it a simple elegance yet also made it obvious it was ready for war at a moments notice. He wore no helmet but instead had his gray scarf covered in Mandalorian symbols wrapped around his eyes. The only weapons he had on him was his lightsaber Whisper on his right hip and his sword Calm on his back. He didn't need either of them and honestly had brought them for reasons unrelated to protection or intimidation, but that was his business. The Hapes system was an interesting place when it came to sight it seemed, not that he would know having been blinded before he came the first time. The Hapan people were as well guarded and cautious as he remembered though. Good to see some things hadn't changed for the worse after that attack he heard about.

Gray was using force sight this trip, since he wasn't on the planet of Mandalore which was the only planet with a ban on the use of the force. Because of this, he was attuned to the flow of the force in the system and he felt something he hadn't felt last time. Something was off in a very bad way. It felt like something was deeply wounded here. It was certainly not something he could ignore. It was definitely going to be a topic he was going to bring up during the meeting.

Turning to his daughter, Gray took his granddaughter Adara from Yasha so she could more comfortably pose. He also was doing it so he could snuggle his new little bundle of joy which clearly was not the main reason he was doing this at all! As he did he said, " You know, I like the Hapan people. Been here before. It was [member="Relina Zhan"] who helped find me after I went missing. Came here to thank her and had a pleasant chat with her and her twin sister." With Adara now in his arms, he smiled down at her with a look of pure bliss and pride. He could help himself and just had to poke her lil nose and cheeks. He was so enthralled by his granddaughter that he sort of forgot the point he was going to make and the fact that anyone else was around.

After a bit of doting, Gray came back to reality. He cleared his throat a bit then went on. " Anyways my point is that I learned a few things. The Hapan people have a need for ships, information, and certain resources. One of those resources is tibana gas and other fuel sources. They are pretty reclusive and protective as well. Not unlike us. Give them your respect honey and approach them like you would want someone to approach us." After that he went back to doting on Adara without a care in the galaxy.

Tha'ga Temi

Minister of External Affairs for Hapes
Objective: Mandalorians & Hapans, prepare for diplomatic talks at Lorell
Allies: [member="Allana Badeaux"] [member="Cathbodua"] [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"]
Guests: TBD

Queen Badeaux’s genuine greeting reassured Tha’ga, but the monarch had her own independent views - naturally - and it became clear that isolationism was a complicated position in such a turbulent galaxy. “You bring up very good points about trade and charity, Your Grace.” She thought briefly of Garith Organa’s retelling of the Sith steamrolling onto Alderaan with such evil and unforgiving intentions. Charity could not have helped any citizen in that example.

Still, as she processed the rest of Allana’s words, Tha’ga knew that the Mandalorians would be a stronger ally than the Free World Coalition ever was as far as military strength.

The redhead Minister glanced up at the hooded Hapan as she entered and brought up a good point. “Civil War is not unusual on any planet. Hapes has been extremely lucky to not fall prey to it. Caution is well advised Master Cathoboda.”

After the Duch’a of Dallamoor spoke, Tha’ga said, “I think we’re all in agreement. As long as we’re cautious and remain autonomous in any negotiations, we should be able to retain our conservative values. I do hope the Mandalorians are familiar with our customs.”

For patriarchal societies with little clue on how Hapans operated, the role reversal could be quite a culture shock.

Allana Badeaux

Location: On Board the Consortium Flagship (The Dawn’s Hammer)​
Objective: 1 Diplomatic talks.​
Allies: Everyone​
Enemies: Everyone​

Over the years Allana had heard many quotes pertaining Monarchs. One stood out to the young Queen Mother at the moment. Trust that your council will always have their opinions.

That was a good thing. Allana listen to each one of them who spoke. Sometimes you needed to hear other opinions. It could give more options. That or help her to see something she may have over looked. The situations they discussed Allana was aware of. It was their perspective that was most helpful. It took wisdom to rule The Consortium. Allana’s faith in those she trusted had proved to be good. Caution was good in this situation.

“We shall see what they do know here soon”, Allana mentioned in reference to, if the Mando’ad knew the Hapen customs.

“In case we do go forward with an economic treaty”, Allana thought might as well get some idea of this covered before the talks with the Mandos. “Trading of goods will be discussed. I’m sure they will wish some sort of access to the Mists to make this trading of good easy. I was thinking of limited access if we agree to this. The core should be off limits to keep what happened on Hapes Primes from ever happening again. It will also keep the most sacred of our traditions concerning more important politics to just us”, Allana was referring to what happened recently. If the course the Consortium views and believes was to be discussed or polices to be made it was going to remain under Hapen traditions, with none interference. That and the idea of another bomb falling on Hapes Primes did not sound appealing.

“Any thoughts or ideas”, Allana asked opening up her council to give their opinions.

[member="Tha'ga Temi"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Petria Breguet"] [member="Spencer Australis"] [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"] [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] [member="Cathbodua"] [member="Mykes Vatak"] [member="Tom Taff"] [member="Acaleus Thorn"] [member="Jake Awaud"] [member="Yasha Mantis"]

Objective 1: Negotiate a Treaty

[member="Jake Awaud"] was a welcome contributor to the Mandalorian Empire’s forces, and Yasha was glad for [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]’s donation of the man. His piloting skills alone would turn the tide of future battles, of that Mand’alor was sure.

As [member="Allana Badeaux"] appeared and spoke, Yasha stayed proud and tall, helmet at her hip. The Queen Mother was a real beauty, she had an elegance Yasha was too vicious to have, the calm demeanour of a career Noble.

“I thank you for your agreement to entreat with my People and I, Queen Mother. My Mando’ade respect the Royal Hapan Navy, you are, as ever, capable of defending your transitory mists with ferocity and verve. Yet, we would aide you in this matter if you allow us. Mayhap’s on land, we could meet. Until the moment of greeting, then.” Yasha nodded and the transmission cut out.

“The Hapans are a matriarchal culture, so expect them to warm up to Cassi and I before they warm to you. If we can negotiate use of their space lanes, a presence in their outskirt-space for our navy to patrol, and economic treaties for the fair and easy distribution of goods between our Empires, then we win. They have resources we need, and we have the ability to protect their borderlands from pirates and attack… I hope it’s enough.” Mand’alor the Infernal fought with the act of keeping her helmet off her head and encasing herself in full.

No, eye to eye. Equal to equal.

“We make for Onderon, to reclaim a world which once of our people, and we need the Hapans’ permission to transit through their lands on a continued basis. Protecting them from larger threats is a small price for the ease of Tibana and the space lanes. I have no need for subjects, or appropriation of cultural identity. I am not so frivolous as to demand such things.” The Infernal rolled her shoulder, hearing the snap-snap of restless tendons and musculature inside her armour. She awaited the Hapans’ coordinates for the summit, letting crop figures, ecological tables and fleet sizes fill her mind with numbers as she plunked down in her chair at the table. Gray came and took Adara, an act Yasha barely noticed until the soft coo of her premature daughter echoed into her ears.

Yasha’s head snapped up toward the noise, a shrill of fear for her baby. But, there was no need for fear. Ba’buir held his granddaughter, grinning in adoration of the precious little thing.

“Thanks, Dad.” Yasha’s stern face softened only enough to allow the gratitude she felt for her father to coat the syllables spoken. It was hard for Yasha to look down at Adara and see the joys of motherhood. In truth, the Mand’alor felt more trepidation and fierce anger than anything else. Numb to many of her daughter’s cries, Yasha functioned on instinct and the aide of her adopted father, step-mother and friends.

One day Yasha could let Adara into her heart. One day she could love her daughter as abundantly as she knew she wanted. The transmission from [member="Allana Badeaux"] brought Yasha’s concentration away from her cooing swaddled neonate to the task at hand. With [member="Tom Taff"], [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"], [member="Mykes Vatak"] and [member="Gray Raxis"] at her side, this would succeed.

It had to.
Yashaheader.png

Objective 2: Pirate Fighting!

Captain Skjeggdromme Harkancinter limped to the sensor’s terminal and watched the Mandalorian insurgents enter the Hapan system.

“Kriff! They were supposed to turn back by now, they won’t dare challenge us in Hapan space.”

“Captain?” Grrwald paced the Command Deck. “Yip Yip is signalling us. His boarding party is ready to help Aga with the raid.”

“Send him down. Take as many fuel resources and Hapans as you can. Even the ugly ones will fetch a high price on the Hutt markets. I’m sure the Hapans have women and men to spare... call in our reinforcements from the borderlands. We're not letting the Mandos stop us this time.”

Seven cruisers ambled into formation, opening fire on the Royal Hapan Naval border patrol carrier nearby, keeping a stead stream of fire to their aft, toward the chasing Mando’ade. A small corvette sped through the bric-a-brac of battle, attempting to land on the nearest planetary outpost and cause what could only be considered a ruckus.

TL;DR: Fleeters! There are ships in position attempting to fire on you! Boarders and Slicers! There are pirates on the Throat’s nearest Outpost attempting to kidnap Hapans and steal supplies!

[member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Raiz Australis"] [member="Kaden Mantis"] [member="Artemis Lux"] [member="Shia Kryze"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Adora Namadi"] @Kervo Namadi [member="Silas Mantis"] [member="Karsan Calnov"] [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] [member="Parja-Kal"] [member="Quoron Mantis"] [member="Tal Vizsla"] [member="Liset Vereen"] @Avia Wren [member="Connory"] [member="Caz Australis"] [member="Dorn Skirata"] [member="Amanda Kryze "][member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] [member="Amaya Cardei"] [member="Skosk Fett"] [member="Rex Taff"] [member="Spencer Australis"] [member="Strider Garon"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Rhaegar Nemesis Dib"] [member="Ginnie Dib"] @Ra’amah [member="Nita Quez"] @Johanes Quez [member="Cynthia Garon"] [member="Aedan Miles"] @Aaleus Thorn [member="Alkor Centaris"] @Bha’lir Australis [member="Gerarich Thanor "][member="Jor Kvall"] [member="Karsan Calnov"] [member="Ambrose Mantis"] [member="Rory Baccus"] [member="Nibsani"] Australis [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"] [member="Tha'ga Temi"] [member="Erin Tenel"] [member="Lucienne Sinclair"] [member="Xil Lviahe"] [member="Persephone Callas"] [member="Relina Zhan"] [member="Cathbodua"]

[member="Melanctha Dallamoor"] [member="Allana Badeaux"] [member="Tha'ga Temi"]

She listened to them, the queen mother seem... kinder which was strange. THe minister of foreign affairs intelligent so why was she uneasy... because she expecte the worst of people regardless of intent. She looked as another joined in and bowed her head before she was walking over. To stand next to the foreign affairs minister while she spoke with a bow of her head. "THat is all I can ask Queen Mother." The look though was on her face before she listened to the Manda'lore speak to them. Aiding the consortium was something that got her eyebrow to raise before the transmission spoke. With some of it and some ideas. Hapes had handled pirates and threats in space and ground for centuries and more without aid. THey were more self contained and sufficient then many other groups within the galaxy. SHe wsn't going to voice everything to the Queen mother and look like she disagreed.

Allies: [member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Jake Awaud"]

"In fact I'll be buying one such system for my ship: credits will be transferred to your account shortly"

"Stand by for download"

These pirates aren't suspecting anything. As they are getting a password management system, I'm keeping tabs on them, she thought, while Petria was awaiting the moment at which the pirates have actually installed the software into their mainframe. Luckily the installation process takes into account every password already into the system, while the pirates prepare for something else, like raiding an outpost to kidnap Hapans and/or steal supplies. It didn't take that long to install, and the software is collecting all the passwords for the password manager to encrypt in 512 bits, while those pirates that didn't take part in that raid, those performing the "housekeeping" duties on the ship, frantically tried to match the usernames for the various accounts used that required passwords, that is, after they created their master password management profiles in the system using two-factor authentication. What they have failed to realize is that keylogging is active; she has to comb through the systems of interest to realize what outcome she hoped to achieve. Do not make prisoners of the pirates were the orders given to all of the Mandos assigned to the anti-piracy mission, so there was one sensible thing to do: cause a catastrophic kill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom