Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

latest.png

OUTFIT: x
TAG: Aoki-Barran Mira Aoki-Barran Mira | Cataca Atra Cataca Atra | Imperial Knights
LOADOUT: in bio

emerald-vale.jpg

ANOBIS, BRIGHT JEWEL SECTOR, MID RIM, SUMMER 879 ABY

"I have never advocated for war except as means of peace, so seek peace, but prepare for war. Because war... War never changes. War is like winter, and winter is coming."

Months have passed by after the Annihilation of Exegol. Years of struggles and skirmishes against the perverted monstrosity of the Maw finally comes to an end with the destruction of the planet. Baptism by fire, it was necessary. The galaxy has become too polluted by the influence of the Maw, and the tumor needs to be removed. It was a small victory in the grander scheme of things, but we'll take it. The Empire will take it, one win after another, to the glorious spring we headed. The survivor goes home, the fallen are mourned, the victims are aided. We need this, a time to wind-up, just for a moment. The war was long and taxing, it affected all aspects and spheres of the Empire. I fought on the frontline for years already, not realizing how much baggage it has put on my back. It's good that I know my limits. I might be a loyal servant of the Empire, but a loyal servant cannot contribute when they are physically, mentally, and spiritually broken, crushed by the immense pressure of survival. The survival of the great sweetness of the virtue of the combined wisdom of the good people of our Empire. The survival of the very essence of our great nation, our great collective, our great people.

And so I asked for a break. A mere four months break. I left my station in Anobis, flew back to the very earth that birthed me, the son of slaves, abandoned by his blood, tortured by the death of his mother, rescued by the beacon of the light, the one bright star in a galaxy so vast, so cold and inhospitable, rescued by the Empire. I went back to Dubrillion after twelve long years. Duty never took me back to the planet, and the heart avoided it dearly. It did, until the day the war was over. I went back with the full intent of solving my lifelong trauma, of making peace with my haunting past, and granting my soul the unshackling that it truly deserves. The unshackling that the Empire once gave to my body, that my compatriots once gave to my mind. This one, I have to do on my own. So I went, I walked, I mourned, and I healed. I jumped into the fire, carrying the very same baptism that the galaxy did, and walked out a complete man. Pure, clean, and devoted.

It was necessary, and I didn't regret any single second of it, even if I had to miss the gathering in Galidraan, even if I had to mourn on my own. Yet, it ran its course, and I resumed my post in Anobis. I returned from the pilgrimage to the depth of my subconscious heart, back to the Empire I love, back to the colleagues I cherish. If the soul is taken care of, then you can proceed to attend the body, the mind, and people around you. It's important to keep your physiques fit, your instinct sharp, and your compatriots close. That's why I decided to invite some Imperial Knights to Anobis in this blessed day. Headline; sparring day, subtext; I miss you the passion and the vigor of my fellow Imperial Knights. For the venue, I decided to choose the outdoor sparring yard. Anobis is a beautiful planet, with unique characters compared to most Imperial worlds. It's warm, it's vivid, it's charming. The forest and mountains that painted the skyline of the planet is a sight to behold. Invitations were sent, RSVPs were made. Station is as ready as it could be. Everything was prepared to the crux. I do not expect the Knight-Commanders to come, but the Empire always knows how to pull a marvelous surprise from thin air. If one of them indeed decided to grace us with their presence, then I also have to be ready to roll out the red carpet.

This is the day. The blessed day. The sun shines and the wind blows lazily. The spaceport is busy, receiving honored guests of the Empire. Starfighters, Corvettes, Cruisers, they started to come and land. I checked everything one more time, finished by a final brief. This is a good day. This is the start of a glorious spring.
DjqGXyQ.png

Last edited:

I do not want to go lingered on the tip of the young woman’s tongue in the last moments she stood before her once Chapter’s own Master. It was the last time she would smell this savannah air, bathe in it’s systems sun, or wake to greet their young disciples. There was no hope-even if she attempted to bring a spark of life to the protest, it would fall on deaf ears. Both the madam and herself knew her time on this backwater world had long neared it’s end. There was no love loss between the elder and herself but some childish hope had fed the idea that she still might of had a choice-that they might make an exception. War had provided nothing short of horror and atrocities to terrorize the young and impressionable mindscape that had forced her to enter into their care. This small covenant’s pity had been greater than their patience alas as she had been embraced for the last time.

Child, do as you’re bid.

“Your Master did not teach you to run.”

Try. Again.

“He did not have much time to teach me anything.”

Traitor.

Cataca had lamented this for too long, a swift loss of all plans and purpose half a decade ago. The Csilla war path, a shadow passed over the girl’s mind left to cling to the orders-the cerulean data pad had only provided an invitation truly. Yet it was the first step back into the clutches of the Order and she served at the behest of her betters. This was an easier mantra to live by when she had been swept up into the transport, bound for a mid world. A pit in her stomach weighing her down and driving her forward. Cataca could thank what powers might be that it was not the front lines, serving in some capacity-warrior or healer. She would not know what to do if she found herself standing in trench lines wading through the hollow grounds arms deep in blood. A hitch in her breath betrayed herself when they broke the atmosphere, a long crackle over the intercom as the pilot relayed their course.

There was no going back now, and here now amongst troopers and soldiers alike it was alien. Each blank face and visor, a flicker of memory-probably on their way to the front as she traded ships for a new route alone traveling the stars. The world was not in her data pads or the tending of the occasional sick miner. It still stung and terrified her as she dragged the back of her across wet eyes trying to hide the shame of it. It was beyond hyperspace, found somewhere amongst her cohort, it was in her duty. The young knight did not want it to be true, no matter how long her mind reeled well after the twelfth hour in transit.

Was she to allow herself to begrudge this..opportunity. This had been the cunning plans of her madam, she had not hesitated to rip the bandage from the wound. There truly was nothing left for her there. She would have to come to know men and women she might very well serve with in the not too distant future. Anobis would be..a fresh start. In the span of time it had taken to arrive to her stepping foot off the transport, Cataca had come to terms with the order of things. The ever looming and distant idea of the war creeped back into her thoughts, only to be pushed away as she was faced with the Anobis Installation. It had been a time since she had walked beneath trees and felt this kind of chill, she was more like a mouse skittering along the edges of its inhabitants as she situated herself in this temporary place.

This world was livelier than last and new and all the easier to find herself astray before she had made it to these dueling grounds. Boots scraped the dirt and the young knight wandered the length of the field, announcing herself as she discarded her sole pack and gave in to a long stretch of arms.

“Sparring here, yes?” Cataca Arta’s voice wavered, eyes wide as she called out to the lone man, the stranger.

Last edited:
He stepped off the transport ship and felt his skin embraced in the warmth of Anobis' sun. It was a stark difference from the chilly air onboard the transport. It was a long ride from the capital to here. Or, so it felt like it to him. Probably even longer trip from home. Not that he would know. He's only seen Nar Shadda and Bastion up until this point. It was good for him to see more worlds at his age, though. He wanted to see more. Though, he was still nervous. Even more so that this would be the day he would meet his master.

"Go now, Odin. Your master awaits." a trooper said. "Follow the others to the sparring yard. Good luck."

"Thanks, sergeant. I will do my best." Odin replied.

"I'm sure of it." the trooper responded.

Odin did as he was instructed and followed other Imperial Knights from the spaceport to the sparring yard. Two had stood in the yard. One being his supposed master. The other was unknown to him. He stepped forward, joining them in the arena to announce his arrival. He cleared his throat before speaking, to ensure he was heard properly.

"Hello. My name is Odin. I've come to join the sparring. And to meet Master Argilac."

latest.png

OUTFIT: x
TAG: Cataca Atra Cataca Atra | Odin Odin | Imperial Knights
LOADOUT: in bio

emerald-vale.jpg

ANOBIS, BRIGHT JEWEL SECTOR, MID RIM, SUMMER 879 ABY

“Sparring here, yes?” Cataca Arta’s voice wavered, eyes wide as she called out to the lone man, the stranger.

It's a young woman, late teens to early 20s. I spent some time going through Errants' files previously, when I was asked for input on which I want to take as my first Errant. This one made it quite far on the eliminations, if I remember correctly. I tried to remember her name, as I looked at her face and grasped for any unique characteristics. I didn't reject her because of her qualifications, traits, nor personality. In fact, she is up there with the one I eventually take when it comes to that. The only reason, at that time, was her preferred specialization. She leans toward the school of Cleric, while the one I picked was without preference. Knight-Errant Cataca Atra, file-number 17.

"You must be Knight-Errant Atra. Welcome."

I always tried to remember everyone's name, that includes the Errants and the soldiers. To not recognize one's name is to blemish them with the utmost disrespect. I was the Knight of the gutters, I'm pretty sure I still am. I have been there, my first few years. It wasn't a nice experience. Sure, it drove me to fight my hardest, for the recognition. However, I believe that you have to treat people with respect at first, then recalibrate upon their reactions.

As I continued greeting a few other Knights, another Errant came approaching my way. This one I can recognize from miles away, my chosen Errant. His youth, and the raw potential behind it, is even more apparent in person. Child of slaves, so was I. Rescued by the Empire, so was I. They said, your first Errant will always be the most impactful towards you. That's why I took the effort to study hundreds of files before deciding.

"Hello. My name is Odin. I've come to join the sparring. And to meet Master Argilac."

"Knight-Errant Odin. It is certainly a long-overdue meeting."

After a couple rounds of introductions, silence has overtaken and it is time to start the event. I took the stage and scanned the crowd. No Knight-Commanders yet. The event still has to commence however, and they can come at any given time. As for now, I've prepared a short speech to welcome the guests and kick-start the sparring.

"My fellow Knights of the Empire, welcome to Anobis. The past years have been hard on all of us, on the Empire. Trials and tribulations, deaths of our friends and compatriots. Yet it is over now and we've entered the next chapter of our great Empire. The winter has passed, my friends, let's welcome the Glorious Spring!"

It is indeed a good day. It's been too long since us fellow Knights gathered on a field, without the intention of killing the enemies of the Empire. The beautiful sights of Anobis only add to the novelty. A reminder that these beauty, this is what we, and by extension the Empire, seek so desperately to preserve and protect. This is why we fight to the last teeth, why we made the sacrifices we have to live with til our last breath.

I went back to Odin to find him a sparring partner. He is young and inexperienced, and I don't see many Errants today, so Atra would be a natural fit. Besides, from what I've heard, she was left masterless, thus her appearance on the files, and is still to this day.

"If I am not mistaken, Knight-Errant Atra, you are at the moment masterless, am I correct? If that's the case, why don't you take the floor against my Errant, Odin?"
DjqGXyQ.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom