Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giving Yoda's Species a name?

With all the custom species and planets, and the fact this is a universe not canon to the main storyline, maybe Yoda's species should be given a name to avoid the awkward:
"So what's your species."
"*gives reason not to answer*"
I'm not saying any random person should, I think an Admin or whoever decides on the Storylines/Species should.

What do you people think?

Thurion Heavenshield said:
To clarify: Everything canon leading up to when the Gulag Virus strikes is considered part of our timeline.
Ah, I meant more that, the era we are in now is non-canon, and so the Admins would have the right to give a name to a canon species for the sake of the people who RP them, so they don't have to avoid the question every time.

There is just meant that we're an alternative universe within the star wars universe as we make things up ourselves and what not. That's all I suppose. :p

Edit: OP answered herself : p So what she said.

Anakin: "By the way master yoda, what are you?"

Yoda: "So old that it doesnt matter, now go be the chosen one and fuck over the galaxy little boy."

On a serious note, i think it iadds to the mysticism about star wars when species arent fully explained. Like, what if the Sith were never revealed, a nameless species that finds a hold on the force to be in their blood. It would have been terrifying to find such a new threat or such capacity. (Note, this is basically in the fact of the great hyperspace war when the sith first came to light, think of how terrified and in wonder at a species that the galaxy did not know the name of coming out of no where, thats what makes star wars great, the wonder. Which is why midoclorawhatsits should never have been explained.)

[member="Solan Charr"]

I see your point, but Sith are different from (Yoda's Species), I'm sure alot of (Yoda's Species) would gladly tell anyone their name, if George Lucas told them what it was.

He didnt tell us what truly drove the force, until episode one twenty years later... soooooo not really. I think it adds to the mystery of the galaxy and actually adds to the in depth thought it takes. It makes you wonder and think, its like reading a mystery book with the killer being plain as day. Its no fun to know everything and not even have that sense of wonder.

So how do you suggest a (Yoda's Species) roleplayer gets around the question on occasions without themselves knowing a name?
I had a thought like:
"Always naming themselves, people are. We do not need a name."

Edison Bulkhead

E
I don't think they need a name. I think it's fine (and wonderfully frustrating) that it's never been revealed. There are countless ways to refer to yourself and others without using a species name.

With all this said, I hope J.J. Abrams doesn't make up a name from his head in the next trilogy...

EDIT: maybe it's in George Lucas's last Will: "Tell everyone the name of Yoda's species is "--------""

tridactyl does mean they have 3 fingers, that's why they are described like that. Hell, anything with 3 fingers is a tridactyl, so it's not solved at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom