Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giving This A Try

Let's see what happens. Anyhow, critque away. My writing style, tendency to post meta everywhere, characters etc. Snarky posts are welcome. Serious ones as well.

Actively rped chars at present:
Siobhan Kerrigan
Moira Skaldi
Kaida Taldir
Naamah Aesham

chrisgelderd

Half Bond, Half Bean.
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

I've not yet had the pleasure of writing with you so my post will be short, but I'll still join in and offer my feedback:

- I feel you're a well established and admired member of the community, and I like your imagination with the array of characters. I've read some posts of yours in threads and think your writing style is really good, to the point and effective.

See, short. Very little, BUT it's something. Keep up the good work!

Jsc

Disney's Princess
You are endlessly entertaining. From OOC to IC, there are very few other writers I can count on to hit-the-nail on the head. You can do action, adventure, mystery, romancey, humor, infamous MadChatz, and even give HK-36 a run for his money on a good day. Which, is down right scandalous in-and-of itself. Haha. Well done.

You do meta like crazy, break the 4th wall like it's tissue paper, 'LIKE' the most inappropriate posts that our llamas could possible assemble, and throw tanks around IC like a sport athlete chews bubble-gum. Alas, I kind of enjoy all those things about you. Some might call them flaws. Nah. I would call them, spice.

Actually. There is only one thing I want you to do for me. It's crazy, daring, and maybe even a bit sexy. But. ...I'd kill myself if I didn't say it now. Ahem. ...Give Kerrigan's story a happy ending, yes? Well. I mean. Poor girl's been through a lot you know. You're kind of mean. :p

I enjoy your writing - every bit of it. Very smooth, fluid and not like "an easy read" but an enjoyable read. If that makes sense. Like one of those good books you can't put down.

When I first came to the website - I aspired to write up against the one people talked about the most - Siobhan Kerrigan. People I interacted with or gave a damn about their opinion :p

I kid you not, I'd tell Ashin about it and I heard such great things about you and the character and it was like "Challenge Accepted!"

Unfortunately, I haven't had the pleasure of rping with you personally, except Drunkenwell to which we had a brief interaction - but I would be totally down for more.

What can I say? We've put up with each other for 10 years from different sides of the world. That's better than 25% of marriages!

You're a great writer, you have good ideas, ridiculous amounts of meta and an unhealthy aptitude for cutting off your character's limbs.

No problems here!

I like you as a person and a writer but i have one solid gripe with you thats bothered me for a long time.

Though you write well and in great detail, you write a LOT. Every single time you post, i have to shake my head because you've written the post by roleplay equivalent of War&Peace. Granted, i agree that long posts can be good, and they have a place and ultimately they can lead to amazing roleplaying, but when you're in an invasion or a thread where what you posted could be written in a much shorter manner it tends to get annoying.

That's really my only critique of you. Sometimes i would like to read a post from you thats short and sweet :)

I enjoy your writing, in the beginning honestly, I was intimidated by your writing skill because there was so much content and then there was the awesomesauce of your character Siobhan.

Haven't really had the pleasure of RPing with you but, I would be totally down :)

Thanks everyone! If someone wants to bring up specific points about my characters here, they're very welcome to.

Soliael Devin Talith said:
Though you write well and in great detail, you write a LOT. Every single time you post, i have to shake my head because you've written the post by roleplay equivalent of War&Peace. Granted, i agree that long posts can be good, and they have a place and ultimately they can lead to amazing roleplaying, but when you're in an invasion or a thread where what you posted could be written in a much shorter manner it tends to get annoying.

But I like long posts! * sulks * Seriously, I see your point. Personally I like reading long posts from others, but I can understand it gets annoying in invasions. I admit I have a tendency to describe too much in those, though personally I think if I have Sio do over the top things like chuck a building or something (since she's the one I've mainly used in invasions though that'll probably change), it needs an appropriate length to show effort since otherwise it seems a bit cheap.

But I'll take your point to heart and see about...economising a bit more.

Jay Scott Clark said:
Actually. There is only one thing I want you to do for me. It's crazy, daring, and maybe even a bit sexy. But. ...I'd kill myself if I didn't say it now. Ahem. ...Give Kerrigan's story a happy ending, yes? Well. I mean. Poor girl's been through a lot you know. You're kind of mean.

LOL. She still has...a hand and leg left! Truth be told, if you exclude her getting spaced and later maimed again, Sio's life has been good lately. She has a wife, an adopted daughter, a harem and a house with a white picket fence! That said, there'll be some shakeups in her life during the Event. And, well, one very mean thread is planned for her...but she'll be ok beyond that! After all, poor [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"] already got orphaned once, so I can't take her mummy away.

[member="Aaralyn Rekali"]

LOL. Didn't know I was that famous or popular! Thanks. Maybe we can arrange something in the future.

[member="Sochi Ru"]

Thanks! Maybe in the future we can get something going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom