Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Ghosts of Ossus (The Scar Worlds)

This place was already shaping up to be exactly what she expected from a fallen Sith ship. A disaster in the making. Or well, a disaster in practice. Or that could just be Yula herself. Kaia though, wasn't the best one to use as an example of doing things right. The Mirialan was a bit of a klutz when she wasn't behind the controls of a ship. Still, she saw Mishel run over and figured that her father's former Padawan probably had more training than she herself. And being what she was, a Force-born, it was clear Mishel could accomplish more.

"Lets hope so, I mean, what, the one person in the galaxy my Dad's afraid of?" Joza did make her father nervous, but she wasn't certain it was fear. Still, she'd tease the Patriarch Starchaser of his interactions with the Perl Matriarch. Still, the dark haired Mirialan grabbed at her necklace, one that held a light side focused Kyber crystal, a gift from dear old Dad.

"I mean, we should be fine going deeper. It's the three of us. I doubt a Sith ghost… or specter, or… whatever is that brave." She looked to Mishel Kryze.

"Doesn't look like she's broken anything, probably as thick-skinned as ol' Joza herself."

Yula clambered to her feet, dusting herself off as she went. Mishel's words reflected on her face with a wince. "We're lucky she isn't here to hear that."

With the corridor thoroughly blocked and the two groups split, it was a good thing that their comms were working. Mishel was able to make contact with Drake, who seemed a bit startled but okay. Until an inhuman shriek rattled her earpiece, causing Yula to wince for a second time within the minute. Turning the volume down, she addressed the others—Mishel, Kaia, and whoever else had ended up on their side of the junk wall.

"I'm sure they'll be fine." They had at least one Jedi over there, right? "Kaia and Mish are right, we should survey what we can while we're here. There's bound to be a route that'll rejoin us. Luckilyyy, the prelim scan gave us a rough map." She waved the data stick containing the fallen probe droid's information in front of her before plugging it into her datapad.

The holomap took a few moments to build, projecting a translucent blue schematic for all to see. "Looks like a lot of the halls around here are blocked." She frowned while pointing to each greyed X that indicated an impassable area. "We shouuuuld be able to link back up with them if we go through…" Her finger traced a path from their location to a particular room. "…what looks like the reactor."

ScrubberDroid.jpg

A faint rumbling echoed from further down the corridor. Yula's one-eyed gaze narrowed and she shifted back on one foot, free hand quick drawing the pistol at her side and aiming it down the hall. The noise wasn't particularly low or threatening, but sounded like a bunch of…tiny servos whirring at once.

The team would be greeted by a fleet of two dozen or so malfunctioning scrubber droids who were spinning, sparking, or clunking along towards them at a less than impressive speed. Yula's arm lowered, bewildered at the little droids who ambled along on failing motors. She didn't have the heart to do it.

"Now that's just…sad."

Tags | Sorry if I didn't respond to something you did in your last post, I'm not sure which side of the junk wall some of yall are on! | Mishel Kryze | Kaia Starchaser Kaia Starchaser | Jerek Zenduu Jerek Zenduu | Atlas Drake Atlas Drake | Romi Jade Romi Jade | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Junker Jonn Junker Jonn | Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian | Lyssa Io Lyssa Io | Starlin Rand Starlin Rand | Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren | Kyyrk Kyyrk | Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha

Mishel Kryze

M

"... Why did you have to say that?" Mishel inquired wondering if the Starchaser DNA happened to include jinxing the entire party. "We probably would've been fine..." She gestured toward the rather dark corridor, picking up after the two, Mishel exhaled. The Sith ship definitely gave off dark side vibe and it was almost as if there was more than just residual dark energy. Master Jade, stay alert - I have a feeling this ship might have had more recent visitors... It felt familiar but for all the wrong reasons. "Sidenote, Starchaser. If I had known that my Master was scared of Auntie Joza. I would've been hiding behind her skirt for the entirety of my training."
Mishel let out a half-chortle toward Yula's comment. "Ah... I'm sure Auntie Joza's heard worse, a lot worse. Remind me to tell you the tale of Utapau and the Sweet Roll later." Joza was stationed at the front of this battle while Mishel had done deep-diving into the mines. Fun times stabs and laughter were had by all.
"For the record, I'm not a Jedi so we're not exactly safe either," Mishel returned so if anything, "Captain Silverpants has Jedi Knight Hair Shampoo, I'm sure they'll be fine, but if we hear screaming we know which direction not to run in." She paused momentarily and looked at the two. "I'm kidding, kidding, I would totally not do that." She would. "Also Silverpants mentioned something about a hangar, which I'm sure would be further down the corridor of doom here."
Mishel stopped a moment and watched as Yula plugged the datastick in. She looked over her shoulder curiously while the map built up into a projection. The former Knight of Ren, tilted her head to the right narrowing her gaze at the projection. "That is... indeed a reactor, and I just hope it isn't nearly as convoluted as that projection makes it out to be, but also I'm bad at maps and am completely directionally challenged."
Yula wasn't the only one to hear the soft, low rumble ahead. "What now?" Mishel all but demanded to know in a swift motion. "Scrubber droids, you've got to be kidding me." Followed up by the signature Kerrigan eye roll. She stomped ahead and sent out a quick telekinetic wave toward all but one, "Probie, you've got like four seconds to go get it." Lest she hears a Perl crying over a droid, well, maybe it would be best if it was a droid and not a guy.
The ground shifted beneath Mishel's feet and she looked down for a second, "unless there's about to be a lot more scrubber droids."
An ear-piercing, high-voltage, heart-wrenching, spine-chilling scream came up from the corridor. "What was that about Sith ghosts, Starchaser?"

wAeSv0H.jpg

Tags: Atlas Drake Atlas Drake | Jerek Zenduu Jerek Zenduu | Mishel Kryze | Sly Chance Sly Chance | Romi Jade Romi Jade | Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian
Valery Noble Valery Noble | Kyyrk Kyyrk | Yula Perl Yula Perl | Kaia Starchaser Kaia Starchaser | Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren | Starlin Rand Starlin Rand
Remain calm, the Spacer Guild guy told him. Junker Jonn, his heart racing and perspiration rapidly soaking his fur, scoffed. Easy for the human to say! He was the one with the gun, and the one who understood all this mumbo-jumbo about wizard powers and dark rituals and ancient spirits. Junker had just come along to make sure that no one was going to rip off his salvage crew by swooping in to take the good cargo... and it was turning out to be quite possibly the biggest mistake he'd ever made. The Jedi weren't there to rob him, it seemed, but they certainly were on track to get him killed! The ceiling had already fallen in. What was next?

Pretty much exactly what Junker would have predicted, unfortunately for all involved.

This was Jonn's first time on Ossus, so he'd never seen a Ysanna before... but he was still pretty sure that all that blood was supposed to go on the inside. The terrified scav let out a wail of horror as the possessed near-human shambled forward, its movements awkward and jerky but oddly mesmerizing. The runes carved into the poor shepherd's flesh hurt his eyes when he looked at them, sending a blade-like throb and a red haze through his brain... but at the same time, it was hard to tear his gaze away. Junker stood transfixed as the creature closed in, frozen in fear, unable to do anything more than shake and whimper. He was no trained soldier.

Unlike the ghost within its victim; Junker could see flickers of its spectral uniform showing through.

It was a good thing, then, that Atlas reached out and grabbed him, pulling the terrified Kubaz out of the zombie's path. It took three shots to put the thing down, and Junker flinched with each one. Still, the creature ultimately hit the deck plating and lay still. As rational thought began to reemerge from the haze of horror that had subsumed it, the scav started to ask why Atlas had only stunned the thing. Was he planning some kind of exorcism, or was this the infamous Jedi pacifism taken to a ridiculous degree, sparing even monsters? But there wasn't time to finish the question, because the halls were suddenly full of the echoing shrieks of the damned.

"NOPE," Junker declared, his voice oddly flat and calm after his earlier shrill screaming.

Atlas had told him to run, but he couldn't make his body respond, only bear mute witness as the scene continued to unfold... and worsen. One of the Jedi stepped forward, seemingly trying to negotiate with the possessed homicidal ritual victim. Apparently the shepherd-thrall hadn't been fully stunned after all, and was once again attempting to crawl at them, likely intent on eating their brains. Or not? Enticed by the Jedi's words like a slitherette drawn from its basket by a street performer's reedy flute, the ghost within began to drift out of the shepherd... and then rushed at the Jedi, trying to seize him instead. That surge of movement finally jerked Junker free.

"NOPE," he said again, backing away up the corridor. His steps got faster as he went, until he finally turned around and pelted full speed up the ruined hallway, stumbling and bouncing off of bulkheads in his haste. "NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE" His voice gradually grew quieter in the ears of the rest of the group as he fled, echoing eerily up and down the halls as it mixed with the horrid wails of the possessed. As he ran, a thought finally percolated through Jonn's fear-clouded mind: he had to get his crew out of this crazy place! He fumbled for his comlink and babbled frantically into it. "Tear down camp," he panted, wheezing for breath. Kubaz were not natural sprinters.

"Get everyone... out of here... not worth... dying over..." He was responsible for his guys. He wouldn't lead them into this.

Junker had made it most of the way back up the corridor when he saw it: another ceiling collapse. The opening they'd used to enter the ship, the one that ought to have been shining with the filtered, misty light of the forest outside... was blocked. The scav captain skidded to a stop, gasping for air with his hands on his knees for a moment, then threw himself at the wall of debris. He clawed frantically at the mass of fallen metal, trying to shift the debris and create an opening big enough for him to squeeze through... but no such luck. "No no no no no," he squeaked, then slammed a fist against the bulkhead. It did nothing but hurt his hand. A lot.

"We're trapped," he wheezed, sliding slowly down the wall. "Oh, this is not how I wanted to die."

"Jerek, this way!" Atlas called out to the young Jedi, "Come on kid! Get out of there!"

His warning seemed to fall upon deaf ears. Something was happening the seasoned explorer could not fully understand or explain. Drake felt an inexplicable temperature change and the air around him seemed charged. Whatever form of magical diplomacy Zenduu summoned it did not appear to be working. He staggered as if in pain and the terrified kubaz at Captain Drake's side chose this moment to bolt in fright.

"Wait!" he tried to grab at Junker Jonn, "You'll never make it!"

Atlas turned back to the others in time to witness Starlin begin to radiate an inner glow. Whatever his purpose, the light seemed to have an immediate effect on the possessed shepherd causing it to reel back from Jerek as if in pain. Drake hesitated, torn between who needed him most. He remembered their first encounter with the alien scavenger.

'I won't be held responsible if you get yourself killed.'

Except Atlas would be held responsible. His own conscience would make sure of that. More possessed melted from the shadows, cutting off his route where the scav's wails could still be faintly heard. He remembered how the shepherd had recoiled at Starlin's light, and while the glowlamp in his other hand wasn't imbued with any Force magic the captain played a hunch and dialed its luminosity up to maximum power.

"Get to the bridge!" Captain Drake shouted back at the others, "Wait if you can then seal the blast doors!"

Last edited:

bWMGgIz.png
Valery: Appearance
Ship: Factory link
"Get to the bridge!" Captain Drake shouted back at the others, "Wait if you can then seal the blast doors!"

Valery heard his words echo through the hallways and stopped for a moment. She had been away from the group to scout ahead, so she missed much of what happened. But she could feel it through the Force now, the danger as well as the fear from some of the others. She frowned and decided to head back, rather than move for the blast doors.
Drake was right about heading for the bridge, and the majority of the group should do just that. But there was no way that anybody would be on their own. Not with those.. things.. out there. So the brunette joined him at his side and held up her hand towards the possessed.
"I have your back, Captain. Let's get out of this together, hm?" The woman asked with a faint smile and a serious tone of voice. Then, from a focal point in the palm of her hand, a bright light began to shine towards the possessed. Purging anything tainted by the Dark Side was her specialty, but there were a lot of them. Hopefully, she could keep them away and begin a slower retreat together with Atlas Drake Atlas Drake .
Whether he liked it or not, nobody was going to be left behind today if she could help it.
F7r9prE.png

Wait, she was… right? That must have been more of Mishel. She had her father's sense of adventure and that meant going deeper into the Sith vessel. "I mean, would Joza really be here?" Kaia smirked. She respected the Matriach, but she wasn't certain she'd be the one to go spelunking into the depths of a Sith warship. She was much more … set for the urban jungle, in Kaia's memory. But people always surprised her.

"Mish – he's more worried what would happen should something befall one of the other Perls. Joza is… intimidating…"
She shrugged and laughed. "And please please please don't call it 'Corridor of Doom', that was probably its operational name!" She ran a hand through her long dark hair.

"Drifter, maybe you can find a way around for us?"
She asked her probot companion. But if Yula was having concerns with droids, and there was a reactor? Who knew what fun times were ahead. Her droid made a small chirp as the scrubber droids came up. Turning around, the Mirialan's hand went for her lightsaber, but didn't ignite it.

Watching Mishel dispatch them, she stood down, but that was when she heard the scream. "Yeah… why did I even bring that up…?" Her hand was on her lightsaber still. "Run towards that sound, or away?" She looked to the pair with her.

Mishel Kryze Yula Perl Yula Perl

6JlRSSI.png

[theme]

---------------

Atlas said:
"Get behind me!"

She hit a quick pivot and spun around - Wha?

The shriek was on thing, but the sudden nauseating feeling she was feeling was another; the speed and intensity at which she felt it was alarming. She had every intention of stepping forward, but she grew weak in the knees and stumbled back a foot. Something twisted welled up inside of her and it felt like her head was going to explode.

She leaned over and cradled the wall as she tried to break through the severe throbbing pain and pulsing sensation she was overcome with. "J-Jerek-" The ensuing chaos drowned her out. Her mind began to flash between...then? and now? Part of her being was being torn through the empyrean as she could hear the chanting.

The ritual?

All at once, the darkness began to become all consuming for those left aboard - a thousand voices that started as whispers fell into a chant that started low only to crescendo into a deafening pitch that entered the minds of the entire planet. The Worm Emperor seemed to shake for a moment, hand gripping tighter on the unseen ball in his palm as the ship began to adjust its massive path towards the planet - trapped in the gravity well of it, and guided by his hand; it was too late for anything less than a super star destroyer sized tractor beam to stop their descent.

She noticed the ability he was using...

It reminded her of how she could sever the Force and infringe her will to cleanse. She discovered her own capabilities on her own, and she was curious to know how and where he learned it from -- though it didn't seem to prove a solution to their current dilemma.

She fought through her woozy spell and stepped into the projection of energy she joined with Starlin's, Force Lighting the first shadow, then calling forth more to force the other possessed back momentarily to let the others get a running start.

She wove her arms, warping the air before her in a mixed display of lightside energy and hyper focused power. The alabaster wave surrounding her figure like a glowing fire, it turned a pinkish shade in time. She infringed her presence and will on the surrounding area - using her abilities simultaneously to weaken and demoralize the grip that the perverted nature of the dark side had on these disemboweled spirits.

Though this was taxing in itself, and even more so without her centering herself first -- she did it until she could break away and run for it too.

Yula gasped dramatically when Mishel telekinetically blasted the herd of malfunctioning scrubber droids, sending them careening down the hall and against the sides of the corridor. The one that had been spared was practically quaking in its servos when Mishel prompted Yula, with a new nickname no less.

The Zeltron holstered her blaster and sprinted a few steps for the droid before dropping down and sliding on her knees the rest of the way. "Oh, you poor thing." She scooped the shivering droid into her arms, grunting as she hefted its weight upwards, then promptly dropped it when inhuman screams rattled the corridor. The droid landed with a solid clunk and a whine while Yula stumbled back. It was the kind of noise that rippled through you and set off every alarm bell your instinct came with.

"Actually, I'd feel a little better if my ma was here. That face she makes when you don't eat your dinner could probably scare off whatever's yelling down there."

"Still, my vote is for away. Far, far away because we're kinda boxed in here."

Drifter's beeping got her attention, the droid motioning towards a vent in the ceiling.

"Drifter! Yes!" Reaching upwards, Yula wrapped a telekinetic grip around the vent's grate and ripped it downwards. "Your droid aint half bad, Starchaser." Leaping upwards, she hooked both hands on either side of the vent and lifted herself into the shaft.

Mishel Kryze | Kaia Starchaser Kaia Starchaser

Mishel Kryze

M

Mishel sighed as she summoned her lightsaber up to her hand, "I really wish your ma was here." At the very least then she knew who would be charging down the corridor with her. "Also, it's totally the corridor of doom, now Starchaser do me a favor..." The Tygaran stood her ground as the scream grew louder and louder. "Get you're kriffin' arse up there." Mishel gestured upward toward Yula who was quickly finding an escape route far away from the screams. "I'll follow up behind you guys, take your droids, Probie."
What emerged were banshee-like apparitions, "not today, Satine, not today!" Mishel shouted and charged forward lightsaber clashing against the apparition that shot back with Force Roar, sending her down to the ground. "I'll hold them off and shimmy down soon, just get in there." She urged them onward and she knew she wouldn't have to yell at a Perl and Starchaser for too much longer.
"Ah kriff it," she cursed, realizing her lightsaber did little against them. Putting the lightsaber away she got back on her feet and pushed forward from her hand a bubble, the bubble rushed toward the apparitions holding them at bay. "That'll hold for now, gotta go." Mishel moved toward where Yula had pulled the gate and shimmied herself through to follow Perl and Starchaser.
"For the record, if they come up here I can handle it - but this should buy us some time."

wAeSv0H.jpg

Tags: Atlas Drake Atlas Drake | Jerek Zenduu Jerek Zenduu | Mishel Kryze | Sly Chance Sly Chance | Romi Jade Romi Jade | Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian
Valery Noble Valery Noble | Kyyrk Kyyrk | Yula Perl Yula Perl | Kaia Starchaser Kaia Starchaser | Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren | Starlin Rand Starlin Rand
After all his admonitions about splitting up, Junker had managed to be the one to go and do it.

The pile of rubble blocking the entrance - a pile that he was all too conscious had not collapsed naturally - remained just as daunting as it had when he'd first sped off, desperately fleeing... whatever that thing had been. At first, it drove poor Jonn to despair. If only he'd been one of those mighty Jedi, able to toss the debris out of the way with his mind, or slice it all up with his trusty laser-sword. It was that second part of the fantasy that made him realize he might not be totally helpless after all. He'd chosen a role for himself at the start of this (utterly cursed) job, and he still had the equipment he'd brought with him to get that job done.

The role, his favorite, was cutter.

Tearing open his tool bag with trembling fingers, Jonn pulled out his trusty fusion cutter and sparked up the end. A soft yellow glow spread out from the tip, flickering in the darkened corridor, a little ember of hope for the terrified Kubaz. Wasting no time, he pressed it to the bulkhead, doing his best to melt through it in a messy circle. If he'd actually been systematically breaking the ship down for scrap, as he'd intended to do ten minutes earlier, he would've been more careful about his lines... but as things stood, he could live with a bit of wasted metal if it meant cutting his way out of this haunted horror show of a derelict. Whatever it took, really.

But the more he tried to cut, the more Junker realized he should've known better. The Red Dragon wasn't some civilian shuttlecraft or banged up freighter; it was a Sith warship, the pride of their highly-advanced navy. His piddly little fusion cutter had zero chance of cutting through an armored outer bulkhead, which had been designed to resist multiple direct turbolaser hits. If he'd been thinking rationally instead of with his panicked animal brain, actually using his long years of experience doing jobs like this, he never would have even tried. He'd have a better chance of moving all the rubble by hand. Or at least an equal chance, because it'd still be zero.

That was when he saw them: the pale, shambling shapes moving up the corridor behind him. Junker shrieked, his high-pitched cry echoing up and down the abandoned halls, and took a step backward... only to feel his back slam into the wall of debris. It was more of those possessed creatures, he could see now, more bloodied, rune-carved Ysanna, the ghosts inside them occasionally flickering through in flashes of grimacing Sith-Imperial visage. It'd been bad enough when there had been one of the things, shambling and swooping around and possessing Jedi. Now there was a whole hallway full of them, moaning and hissing and drooling.

Yeah, he was definitely doing to die here. Junker let out a little whimper.

And yet, as the creatures drew closer, they seemed to stop just beyond arm's length. The terrified salvager shifted, his arms shaking... and the glow of his fusion cutter shook with him. Each time the burning light at the end of it shifted, the creatures shifted too, shying away from it. Could it be? Trying as hard as he could to keep his hand steady, Junker raised the fusion cutter, trying to ward the zombie-like things off. And it seemed to be working! But the sense of triumph and relief that momentarily surged through him was short-lived. He didn't dare try to squeeze past the pallid shapes in the darkness, and he doubted he could drive them all the way back up the hall.

He was still stuck right where he was, against the wall of debris.

And the trouble with fusion cutters that that they weren't really designed to be used as light sources. Just holding it up, continuously pressing the activator, was not good for its power cell. Junker could already see that the charge was running out, fast enough that he could trace the steady downward progress of the power indicator. Another whimper tore free of his throat as it ticked past the 50% mark. The scavenger had no illusions about what was going to happen as soon as that glowing tip flickered out. Words like eviscerate and disembowel and spleen leapt unbidden to his mind. But what could he possibly do that he wasn't already doing?

"I'm going to haunt the sleemo that gave me this tip!" he wailed, squeezing his eyes shut.

Last edited:

(Post Soundtrack: "The Devil Within" by Digital Daggers)
FJp1uVB.png

In a heartbeat, the fiend loomed large in his vision. A spectre of the darkness, it seemed to close in upon him slowly. And as its presence drowned out the light, so went the sense of confidence and happiness from Jerek's life. The man thought he would feel dread or fear in their place, but where they had been, a coldness moved in instead. He felt his body growing distant, at the same time as an insatiable urge to use his weapon overcame him. The last thoughts the Jedi had of his life were focused on stopping the hand that reached for his lightsaber.

"What happened to you? You used to be a lot smarter than this."

Jerek squinted in the direction of the figure. He couldn't feel his eyes respond, yet nonetheless his vision sharpened. The man he saw was built a little sturdier than him, with shorter hair that was textured and styled. Otherwise, it was like looking into a mirror.

"Oh, quit your gaping Jer. No wonder you got beaten, what's this supposed to do?" The near-mirror adopted an expression of exaggerated shock, prompting Jerek to close his own mouth. It didn't stop the mockery. "Durr, I'm Jerek, I can solve every problem just by thinking about it. My mouth is open, that's how you know it's working."

"Eli?"

"And now he gets it," the figure of Elias said. The same cockeyed grin, the same cutting jibes, everything about him was Jerek's twin brother.

And everything about him was impossible, Elias Zenduu had been dead for years.

"Took me a sec, I barely recognized you," Jerek admitted. He wasn't sure what was going on at the moment. Maybe he remembered things differently, or wrong somehow. It felt good to be talking to his brother again, good but also strange. At least he didn't feel cold anymore.

"You're telling me, what's with the mane?" Elias pulled at the tie holding back Jerek's hair, and it spilled out onto his shoulders. "You need a haircut."

Jerek chuckled, grabbing for the tie from his brother's hand. "It's fine, Eli." His hands closed in on air when Elias yanked his hand away. "I like it this way. So did Allya."

"You still think too highly of that Sithling girl," Elias chided, shaking his head with a tut-tut. He held the ribbony hair tie up, drawing it taut and shaking it in front of him. "Do you remember
none of Master Ulthas' lessons? Never trust the darkside."

"I haven't forgotten!" He snatched the piece of cloth back at last, growling with the effort as he put his hair up again. Jerek was beginning to remember how exhausting it was to put up with his twin brother. Elias was a complete character, full of action and decision, something the long-haired Jedi had never found himself at ease with. He was too easily overshadowed by his brother's apparent ease at life.

"Oh really?" The mischevious brother taunted, "Then why didn't you just attack head-on? Why did you let the darkside spirit come straight to you first?"

"Well—" The thoughtful brother began, before he was rudely cut off.

"See? You're doing it again. You're letting someone else size you up while you just think about it. That's what made it so easy for me."

"For you?" No wonder this had seemed confusing. Jerek squinted again, and the image of Elias broke, like a mirror being shattered.

"I tried to tell you," it told him, "
Never trust the darkside."

The darkness spilled out, filling his vision once more. It surrounded him, permeating every part of his being. The cold coursed through him, making him small against the towering might of the darkside fiend.

"Yes, I think I'll like it very much in here. You have so many hurts and pains, a shame you didn't learn anything useful from that little Sithling of yours before she abandoned you. You could have used those to make you strong, wielded your pain like a sword. You and I could have been fierce allies, together the galaxy would have been ours! Now, with your body at my disposal, it'll be all miiii—"

The fiend began to scream, and inhuman scream, and Jerek found himself screaming along with it as pain consumed him in a hot, white light.

A heartbeat later, the Light washed over him. It was warm and bright, yet Jerek still shivered. A trio of lightsiders stood before him, one nearly touching him with the ignited blade of his lightsaber, and all of them glowing that white, hot light that seared through the Jedi without doing him harm.

The fiend was gone. That was the change the Force Light brought to him, moving through him and on to other entities beyond. Jerek could feel them now, his senses restored to the moment. That lingering feeling, a glimpse at a life that could have been, still nagged at him. Had Jerek embraced the darkness instead of fighting it, could he have made it possible?

A warmth from his chest held back the shivers for a moment.

The Jedi found himself still reaching for the weapon on his belt, and stayed his hand. He held it out to the knight in front of him, a man he hadn't met but had ostensibly saved his life, a silent gesture to assure the man he was in control once more. With the other, Jerek reached for the crystal which hung about his neck. It was warm to the touch, almost burning against his skin, and from beneath the surface he could feel the swirling energies of darkness that had been trapped there.

At least one gift from Allya had helped him today.

If only he had any more time to think on it. Jerek had long wanted to break down the Force-imbued object to find out what made it work, if it could be applied to a wider array of enemies. One thing that the specter of Elias had been right about, though, Jerek yielded his advantage far too often.

No longer.

Jerek turned to face the incoming wave of like darkness, other fiends with bodies or not, and spread his hands before him.

And from them, shone forth Light, holding back the darkness alongside the three lightsiders until the others could make it to the bridge.

There was one still straggling as the wall of darkness closed in around him, the Kubaz salvager. He held a fusion torch futilly in front of him, yelling as he wielded his source of din light against the encroaching fiends. Jerek pushed forward, hands in front of him as a power from behind guided his path, cutting less precisely than a fusion cutter but reaching the Kubaz all the same. He stepped up to the suited alien, who by all appearances should have been the most well-protected among them, and urged the Kubaz to safety. "Get to the bridge. Quickly. We'll hold them off."

This time, when Jerek yielded ground to the darkness, it was to his advantage. His, and the rest of the expedition, as they found refuge behind the sturdy blast doors of the bridge.

She wasn't her father. She didn't have any fear of the Joza. She liked Joza, liked all the Perl girls. Liked Mishel. Poor Kaia, finding herself smack in the middle of her father's connections, and a whole lot of people she had known entirely too much about. But Joza? Nah, she could hang out with her, maybe find some more fun times on Zeltron than anywhere else.

Looking over at the best Zeltron, Kaia laughed and shook her head. "I mean, she could, but I'm sure she'd be glaring at you for dropping your little friend, there…" She nodded to the small droid.

She had her hand on her lightsaber and was not really pleased to be going anywhere near that sound, but well, Jedi were going to Jedi.

"Drifter can lead. Get your heat sensors up, pal." She smiled at her droid as it followed Yula up into the vents. She tapped the wrist datapad, it was bigger than a common chrono but not as big as say an actual datapad strapped to her arm, and could see the vision from the droid. Smart, that. A fear of the planet surfaces for too many years. Blame being starborn.

She jumped up after Yula and turned to Mishel. "Yeah, you can do that fight. I'll back you as I can…" She wasn't her father, but Kaia was a Starchaser, after all.

"Think everyone else is ok?"

Mishel Kryze Yula Perl Yula Perl

"I have your back, Captain. Let's get out of this together, hm?" The woman asked with a faint smile and a serious tone of voice.

"Alright then, Master Jedi," Atlas nodded slowly, "Keep them off me while I track down our wayward scrapper."

He was reluctant to risk anyone else rescuing a kubaz he should have known would be a liability. Still when Valery sent a pair of possessed reeling back the idea of some Jedi backup seemed very compelling. Light from his glowlamp sent the twisted natives reeling, and stun beams from Captain Drake's blaster were enough to knock aside anything still reeling from their path. Behind him he could hear the woosh of Master Noble's lightsaber as she used it to force back those who followed.

"I see light ahead!" he called out over his shoulder, "Its faint but something's there."

Fortunately the kubaz hadn't managed to get himself completely lost or they likely never would have found him. Sure enough Atlas and his Jedi guardian caught up with Junker Jonn shortly before the fusioncutter they carried ran out of power. Together his glowlamp and Valery's Force blasts scattered the possessed closing in around terrified prey.

"Come with us if you want to live."

Atlas tossed the alien a fresh energy cell and held out his hand. Back where they started. Most of the way to the bridge had already been cleared by their expedition before everything went sideways. There was still a chance they could make it.

Lyssa Io

The Daughter of Blades
Lyssa at that moment had been absolutely swamped by possessed, finding disabling then restraining them to be many times more difficult than simply killing them, doubling and at times tripling her travel time through the ship trying to reach the others. She could have ended the difficulty in an instant going fully lethal...the Possesed had nothing she hadn't seen before. But despite the fact Lyssa's entire Skill Tree could be summed up as "Robert Patrick" she refused to deal lethally with the possessed, as there might be a way to help them. Even The Nuetralizers take no pleasure in killing The Sick. To quote Arnold: No Sport.

The possessed had absolutely nothing to stop her. They were yeeted into bulkheads left and right as she went through the ship, methodically disabling them then restraining them by any means available. Anyone else would have used the weapons she had brought with her by this point.

At this point she heard voices as she was very close to where Atlas Drake Atlas Drake , Valery Noble Valery Noble , and Junker Jonn Junker Jonn were...along with a massive amount of Possesed.

She used no punches or kicks as she approached their position in the form of a blue catsuited, pink skinned Twi'lek. A kick, even a mild one from her could cripple and debilitate.

Hence, Possesed were still getting tossed aside and restrained by an Android learning just how much harder it was to spare as opposed to kill.

A pair of Possesed getting thrown into others announced her presence as she came to the route Atlas and Junker were. She made no attempt to identify herself: The very fact she was tossing the Possesed rather than simply kill them said she wasn't here to cause harm as she used Aikido moves to flip and toss them around.

The Possesed soon turned their attention somewhat away from the three and towards her, trying to dogpile her. Her great strength made this a hopeless effort. She was stronger than a Wookiee, and much more nimble. None of the Possesed died, as she fought her way to the three. She held her hands up as she approached them.

"Non hostile..." she said simply to them. "How may I be of assistance?"

Mishel Kryze | Kaia Starchaser Kaia Starchaser | Atlas Drake Atlas Drake | Romi Jade Romi Jade | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Jerek Zenduu Jerek Zenduu | Starlin Rand Starlin Rand | Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren | Junker Jonn Junker Jonn | Lyssa Io Lyssa Io

Yula grumbled as she grasped her way into the ceiling vent.

"For all you know, that thing screaming down there could be her."

Most of the Perl children were unruly, surprising absolutely no one. As children they necessitated a heavy glare, a stern voice, and the occasional bout of disciplinary yelling. Even that sometimes didn't work.

And now, the sounds of evil Force spirits were right beneath her.

"Mish, YOU get your kriffin ass up here!"

She was sure that the Tygaran could hold her own, but they'd already split the party enough for one day. Once all three women and their accompanying droids had ascended into the vent, they shimmied their way through the ceiling, moving towards the reactor at Drifter's signal.

Yula made a face. "Yeah, but I don't plan on crossing paths with that…thing again, if we can help it." Still, the spooky ghost wasn't enough to override the Zeltron's urge to explore and uncover any neat artifacts or Sith tech. She'd have preferred to explore one of the old imperial cruisers in the boneyard, but oh well. "An' I'm sure the others will be fine. They've got two Jedi Masters and a Knight of the Shampoo Order to protect 'em."

"Anyway, if Drifter's right, we should be nearing the reactor soon. Get your rebreathers out just in case there's a leak. We don't want to accidentally drop dead or cause an explosion."

An explosion wasn't their goal…right?

"Drake, come in—you guys still alive?" Hopefully the comm signal would still be able to reach him, but just to be sure she bolstered the signal using the Force. "We're almost to the reactor. Did you make it to the bridge or did the Sith ghost eat you?"

Mishel Kryze

M

"If that's what your ma sounds mad, I'd hate to know what she sounds like otherwise," she moved in behind the two and looked back to see a pair of red eyes shining up. "Ah, kriffing schutta!" Mishel braced herself against either side of the vent. "It's about to get really hot in here!" Her voice carried through the vent her attention focused on the Banshee. Mishel let loose flames from her hands channeling the Force forward the creature wrenched backward and grabbed Mishel's foot on the way down.
Mishel with fire in her hands planted her palms against either side and looked down. Retaliating with her own Force Scream as her eyes shifted in color, the all too familiar sulphuric hue gained momentum over her natural hazel-green eyes. Flames flew from her fingertips with ease, heating the vent as they did so. Once the Banshee had been sufficiently dealt with, Mishel turned to catch up with the two. Sulphuric hues only lingered momentarily as she rushed through the vent.
The reactor wasn't too far off, "I think causing an explosion might be the least of our worries, but good point on the rebreathers." Mishel fastened one she fished off a dead soldier on the way in. "Oh and trust me, that thing won't be catching back up with us."
On approach the grate that was up ahead. Mishel aimed a well-placed telekinetic blast at it, "I really hope that it's a down vent and not a top, really don't feel like playing jumping puzzle today." This was not to say that it wouldn't still be one if it was a down vent, this just made it easier. Mishel just hoped the Reactor was still in something resembling a 'repairable' condition or whatever passed for it down here.

bWMGgIz.png
Valery: Appearance
Ship: Factory link
Valery dipped her head in response to Atlas' plan and made sure his back was covered. Using both the light from her purple blade, as well as what she produced with the Force, she kept the possessed away. With careful steps, she moved backward to remain as close as possible to Atlas and the man he was going after.
The possessed kept on coming and one by one, they were taken out non-lethally.
But finally, some words of relief reached out from behind her.
"I see light ahead!" he called out over his shoulder, "Its faint but something's there."

She immediately turned and followed after Atlas, until she caught up and joined him while he talked to Junker Jonn Junker Jonn . Valery quickly turned her back to them to stand guard but something unexpected happened. She had left behind quite a few possessed but they didn't seem to be in pursuit - someone else had drawn their attention.
After a moment, her Keshian eyes spotted Lyssa Io Lyssa Io approaching with her hands up defensively.
"Non hostile..." she said simply to them. "How may I be of assistance?"

Hearing this, and sensing no hostile intentions from her through the Force, Valery lowered her blade and greeted Lyssa with a smile. "We found our runner..." she said, gesturing to Junker Jonn Junker Jonn . "We have to make our way to the bridge - the way should largely be cleared, but we have to be careful," she said.
Finally, her eyes turned to Atlas, who she recognized as the current leader of their little group. It seemed Yula Perl Yula Perl was trying to communicate with him.

F7r9prE.png

wAeSv0H.jpg

Tags: Atlas Drake Atlas Drake | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Lyssa Io Lyssa Io | Jerek Zenduu Jerek Zenduu | Starlin Rand Starlin Rand
The power indicator on the side of the fusion cutter sank like a duracrete bantha. Junker Jonn held it out even more forcefully as the light at its tip began to flicker, little whimpers tearing themselves loose from his throat. He squeezed his eyes shut, trying to block out the sight of the possessed creatures about to rip him limb from limb - or eat his soul, or turn him into one of them, or whatever tribesmen being skinridden by undead Imperials liked to do to their victims. But he found it no more comforting to not look at them, still knowing that they were there, than to stare them down as they waited for his light to gutter out.

"B... bad way to die," the scavenger babbled. "Oh, it's a b... bad way to d... die..."

The sound of his own terrified voice didn't help either, so he shut up... and heard a new sound coming up the corridor. Looking past the pale shapes that crowded around his flickering circle of illumination, he saw something else on the move, something distant but drawing closer. At first he feared that the possessed wretches hadn't been held back by his light at all, but had only been waiting for whatever horrible Sith demon was their master, the creature now pounding up the corridor toward him. But no. It was a much brighter circle of light, the glow of a fusion lantern - and of a radiant lightsaber bobbing along behind it.

"Oh, thank feth," Junker wheezed, barely daring to make a noise, as if his expression of relief might snap him out of a hopeful dream. He watched as Atlas stepped forward through the crowd of possessed creatures, lantern held high, forcing the pallid things back with hisses and growls - or bodily throwing them aside through the Jedi's invisible power if they failed to scatter fast enough. "Come with us if you want to live," Atlas told him, and Jonn - who was both heterosexual and uninterested in humans - could have kissed the handsome rogue. "Oh, you came to get me! Thank your Force or whatever, you actually came to get me!"

Just behind them came a different kind of light: a light from within, without an apparent source save the hands of the Jedi who wielded it. Those hands held back not just the pale shapes, but the shadows themselves, literal and figurative. The ghosts within each wretched creature cringed back from that light, their spectral faces twisting in pain and rage as the power of the Force drove them back. The brightness of it stung Jonn's eyes, but he couldn't look away. He was too mesmerized by this display of power, power he would never be able to understand, let alone wield. This was why the Jedi were legendary. This was why their stories were told.

"Whoa..." Junker wheezed. Maybe hanging around with the Jedi hadn't been a total mistake.

Junker scrambled to catch the energy cell Atlas tossed his way, fumbling it in midair twice before he finally caught it. "Sorry," he mumbled, "nerves. I'm glad they're not eating us, don't get me wrong, but I hate that they're watching." And they were watching, their bloodshot eyes rolling back in their heads and yet still clearly staring into the Kubaz's very soul. With a shiver, Jonn popped open the fusion cutter's housing, ejecting the dying battery so that he could replace it. He trusted that the others would lead him to a way out, or at least somewhere safer than here. He wasn't too picky at this point. Simply not dead sounded great.

"Non hostile. How may I be of assistance?"

Junker jumped a solid meter and shrieked, dropping the energy cell Atlas had just given him and shrinking back against the wall. "W... where the f... feth did you come from?!" he jabbered, eyes as big as saucers behind his goggles. When he saw that Lyssa was not one of the possessed, he managed to calm himself enough to bend down and pick up the power cell, slapping it into the fusion cutter's housing. No one else seemed overly bothered by the woman's sudden appearance, so the scavenger just shut up after that, letting Valery do the talking. This was probably normal stuff for Jedi. For him, not so much. He just wanted out.

His fusion cutter glowed brightly once more. "Yeah, sure, the bridge, let's go." Anywhere but here.

Despite the refreshed glow of the tool, Junker stuck pretty close to Jerek. The others were doing well enough at warding off the possessed, keeping them back with saber and lantern, but Jerek was the one who had actually managed to banish one of the things, fighting off a spirit separately from its body. Every last bit of this was way outside Junker's experience, and he had no idea what to do or expect, so it seemed best to stick close to the guy with the glowy hands and clear supernatural power if he was going to be faced with supernatural enemies. "None of this makes any sense," the scavenger whispered to Jerek, "but you seem to have it under control."

He shrugged, looking back nervously at the possessed crawling in their wake. "Well, kinda, at least."

Last edited:
The blond with the ponytail yelped a little bit when Starlin’s Light touched him, but didn’t fight it as it burned away the darkness. Starlin exhaled a breath he didn’t know he had been holding, smoke escaping his mouth and nose.

Phew!” He relaxed his combat-ready stance as the would-be victim held out his hand in a gesture of calm reassurance. “That could’ve been a whole lot worse.

There were more possessed zombie creatures headed their way. More Jedi joined the fight to push them back. Starlin hoped they would go easy on them and use non-lethal measures—these people couldn’t help that they were being used as vessels for Sith sorcery, after all—but it was hard to keep track of what was happening amid the chaos. He focused on his own actions, using his shoto to focus and amplify his Light.

The possessed locals whom he managed to exorcise fell into an unconscious state immediately afterwards. Probably for the best, given how crazy things were. Starlin stepped over fallen bodies as carefully as he could, searing a path for his comrades.

Somewhere along the line, he remembered Ishani. “Ah, chit,” he muttered, splintering off from the group. He could sense her presence not far from his current location, but he wasn’t taking any chances. She was not a good fighter, nor could she use Force Light.

He squeezed past the broken, half-ajar door to a storeroom. There was a dead villager on the ground, bearing wounds consistent with having been run through by a sword. Flinching at the sight, Starlin walked slowly into the room, using his shoto as a light source. “Ish?” he called out in the gloom.

A locker against the wall rattled, then was thrown open, revealing a frazzled Ishani. “Took you long enough,” she gasped, climbing out of her cramped hiding space. Gesturing to the dead villager, she explained, “This guy came out of nowhere and started chasing me!”

You didn’t need to kill him,” Starlin said, his voice low as he crouched by the corpse.

Ishani looked at him like he was crazy. “He attacked me! It was self-defense!”

He was possessed. He didn’t have control over his actions.” Starlin wiped sweat from his brow on the back of his gloved hand and sighed. He’d find the dead man’s relatives and deliver the body once all of this was over. As for how he was going to explain how he died without incriminating Ishani, he didn’t know yet. Probably chalk it up to an accident, unless the locals were willing to accept the truth without pressing charges. “I guess, given the circumstances, you had to do it…

Yeah,” Ishani muttered, as though it were obvious. She crossed her arms over her chest. “Can we get out of here now?”

I’m headed to the bridge,” Starlin replied, standing up. “Gotta help the others. You can come with me, or try to find your own way out.

“I’ll stay with you,” she answered almost immediately. “Lead the way.”

Together, they headed for the bridge, the death of the possessed man still weighing heavily on Starlin's conscience. He felt partly responsible, if only because he hadn't been there to protect Ishani. She'd been locked into a corner and had no choice but to use deadly force against an innocent civilian pawn. All because he let her go off by herself in the haunted Sith ship.

Well, what was he supposed to do? Follow her around all the time like a poodle?

Yes, apparently.

Great. Just great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom