Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Ghostbusters' - 2016

What do we all think of this reboot?

A new trailer has hit today and confirmed it's pretty much recycling everything about the original but in a far more disrespectful way than I could have hoped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMfUjDnpfRY

Thoughts?

You know, I am pretty in the dark about movies. Here is a .gif that accurately describes how I feel about hearing there is going to be a reboot of this series.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_5juwmtn8yxs08k0cosocwok8c_640.gif

And it's not even a brave reboot - it's one that's taking everything from the original, even using the ORIGINAL theme here which I think is a desperate attempt to use nostalgia to lure us in.

We have a huge white monster wrecking the city like Stay Puft, from the original.

We have the Ecto-1 car, from the original.

We have Slimer, like the original.

We have 3 white and 1 black Ghostbusters, like the original.

We have a mayor being warned that the city is going to be destroyed, like the original.

We have human possession, like the original.

...I mean...ugh. Dumb jokes, OTT CGI with zero practical effects that I can see.

Such a shame it's come to this.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] - C'mon! If anything, these current films with Chris Hemsworth prove he can't act or be convincing in ANYTHING away from Thor and the Avengers films now. Really. C'mon. Let him go.

Wait... reboot?

HARD REBOOT?

I deny its existence. I would have been comfortable if it was like, a spin-off, but that is unacceptable. I watched the original since I was born back and forth with Back to the Future for the first five years of my life.

This isn't even creative! All they are doing is attempting to be politically "correct" by substituting the original male team with females, and that above all is sickening not because they are trying to show more leading women in movies (admirable), but they've done it in such a shitty and unoriginal manner. I'm getting sick and tired of rebooted movies across the board, and this draws a very hard line for me.

This is the epitome of laziness.

[member="Fatty"] I'm 99% sure the events of the original films haven't taken place, so it's pretty much a "brand new" story and universe.

BUT the cameos....do you know about the cameos? Cameos of nearly ALL the original main cast NOT in their old roles. They are in cameo roles like "Receptionist" and "Taxi Driver".

It's insulting.

Connor Harrison said:
BUT the cameos....do you know about the cameos? Cameos of nearly ALL the original main cast NOT in their old roles. They are in cameo roles like "Receptionist" and "Taxi Driver".

It's insulting.

That is salt in the wound.

[member="Darth Vornskr"] yes. It deserve to be reserved to the lowest pit of his stomach, and then converted into a turd. A super turd.

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
Connor Harrison said:
And it's not even a brave reboot - it's one that's taking everything from the original, even using the ORIGINAL theme here which I think is a desperate attempt to use nostalgia to lure us in. We have a huge white monster wrecking the city like Stay Puft, from the original. We have the Ecto-1 car, from the original. We have Slimer, like the original. We have 3 white and 1 black Ghostbusters, like the original. We have a mayor being warned that the city is going to be destroyed, like the original. We have human possession, like the original. ...I mean...ugh. Dumb jokes, OTT CGI with zero practical effects that I can see. Such a shame it's come to this.
Reminds me of TFA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom