Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting Started

Nala was pacing back and forth, muttering to herself, in the training area outside the Jedi Temple. It was her first day receiving her new master who would help teach her the ways of the force, and she was nervous. Throughout her training as a child Nala always strived for greatness, but often felt she had to stand by the rules as well. Always studying and re-studying, always memorizing, always needing to make sure the information was practically branded into her mind. She was mumbling things to herself like what her father always said about staying on course and the like whenever he'd teach her to fly. As anxious as she was she still felt nervous as ever, like taking an important test you never feel ready for no matter how hard you study. She just hoped she could impress Master @[member="Syn"] enough.

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
@[member="Nala Tu"]

Syn was impressed or as much as he could be. The padawan he had gotten to read the file to him explained a few things. Not much but enough he had a sense of his newest padawan... That would be enough for now while he walked letting the black robes flow behind him, the taozin bracelet hidden from view and his amulet under the shirt. Iella had convinced him to return but Darron Wraith had secured his return with a promise. "No more incidents" Well he could keep the big things to a minimal but made no promises for everything. Some in the order could view him as they wanted and it was rather amusing at times, no scratch that as he smirked passing another miraluka student. She didn't even look up at his presence the grubs nodules doing as it was supposed to do.

Then his padawan came into view and he stood there for a moment before approaching, his sash over his eyes to convey normalcy to others, his far to young appearance betraying his age. He was the oldest thing in the temple living and looked half the age of most other masters. Now he walked to Nala and spoke letting the amulet he got from Dagobah shine in the light. His senses flared searching the female in the force to get a feel for her so he could find her. His hand drifted to the bottle of ichorious liquid he had gotten from the witches to use their spells. "Padawan Nala."

Nala had her back to @[member="Syn"] when he approached. When he spoke to her she tensed a little as she turned, seeing Master Syn in person for the first time. She tried to act as calm as possible as she bowed her head.
"Yes." she said before stammering over her words. "I mean, I am Nala. Syn. Uh, Master Syn. Sir."

Major Faction

Syn

The jedi master looked on blankly at the girl... She was nervous or didn't know how to speak. That would be no bother as it stood she just needed to learn. "Take a breathe, stubling over your words with titles is not a good way to go about it. Just call me Syn." He gave a smirk finally and started to walk letting his senses go over the area. "Now come and tell me about yourself? I like to get to know my padawan's before I lead them into fights." He kept walking towards the exit of the temple to go off around Tython. There was much they could do sure in the temple but he would much rather have her learn in the forests or deserts.

She nodded and took a quick breath before beginning with "Well I grew up on the frontier between the Republic territory and Mandalorian space. My father flew the trading vessels around the area. In fact he taught me how to fly. Which I hope will be handy in a fight if you need it. Although I guess it...really doesn't mater when training as a Jedi. Sorry. @[member="Syn"]....Sir."

Nala felt so embarrassed. She felt she was making a really awkward if not overall bad impression on her new master.

Major Faction

Syn

@[member="Nala Tu"]

So she was a pilot... that could come in handy. He didn't have the experience flying, Iella or another were in charge of that. It was good she had skills that could prove useful to the group. Cause she like his other padawans would be in a group and train together as well as with him by themselves. It wasn't about stuffing them in a temple room and saying learn it was all about first hand expereince. "You are doing well, it is alright. Your piloting skills will come in handy, myself and my padawans are often traveling so with you at the helm I have faith. Come tell me about what you have learned if you have learned anything yet."

Nala smiled with relief when @[member="Syn"] said how her flying skills could help. It made her feel a little bit more important to him, his other padawans, and the order itself.

When he asked what else she knew she said "Oh, a great number of things, Master. How to use a lightsaber, of course. Using the force to sense things, especially the dark side. I admit though, I have trouble when it comes to using the force to move things or using it to see or manipulate anothers mind. I think it might have something to do with my always working with my hands. Or maybe just..." she started to ramble a bit before stopping herself and saying "Sorry. I was...rambling. I do that sometimes."

Major Faction

Syn

@[member="Nala Tu"]

Syn kept listening as she talked and it was again more informative. Sensing was useful and he knew how to do it well when the time came. Now though he spoke thinking of the ways he could teach and help her. "Your senses are a good thing, learn to trust them but the others will come in time. Saber work is where we can start. Bring your blade out and ready yourself."

She nodded and removed her saber from the holster on her belt. She activated it, the blade being blue, and took a few steps back from @[member="Syn"]. With both hands on the hilt and holding it defensively, Nala waited for her master's next instructions. Either he would make the strike or he'd command her to first, either way she tried to keep her head clear during the exercise.

Major Faction

Syn

@[member="Nala Tu"]

Syn remained with his back as the sound of the blade activating came. He turned around then and withdrew his his belt one of his blades. It might not be fair to use more but the snap hiss came as the palest blue with silvery core shined. A small smirk curled onto Syn's face and he let the thrill of being in a fight come to him he felt his muscles tense and moved at a fraction his normal speed. He didn't want to scare or hurt just see how well she could work. The blades power was adjusted tolow enough it wouldn't sever and he slashed low coming up from Nala's left leg to her right shoulder.

Nala swung her blade to counter @[member="Syn"] 's. As hey were still locked she moved to the left and pushed his blade off her before trying to bring it down towards his back. She knew where her advantages and disadvantages lied, not just in her skills but in her being a Kaminoan as well.

Major Faction

Syn

@[member="Nala Tu"]

Syn moved with her block letting the blade slide down in a flowing water cut. As she moved to slash he minted the spin bringing his blade around with a smirk. She was Kaminoian but he was more, something not quite belonging and it gave him some wonderful extra senses or at least balance. Hunting was the other part it entailed bringing him to bare while he held the blade out towards his padawan. He slashed twice once quickly for a shiim contact burn and again going at the opposite side to give another burn.

While she managed to block one, Nala gave a hiss of pain when the other strike managed to hit her. She took a quick moment to rub it before getting back into stance, this time needed to remove her long robes in order to maneuver better. Now she needed to use her Kaminoan talents in this spar. Using her long legs she sprung into the air and landed behind him, attacking with a flurry of strikes, trying to find a blind spot of weak point in his defenses. If she could hold out long enough to find it she may have a chance.

@[member="Syn"]

Major Faction

Syn

@[member="Nala Tu"]

He moved when she jumped forward towards where she had been and brought the blade up. The force guiding the blocks while he moved back. Her flurry of strikes... His enjoyment of the fight was.... Well it was what he used and he moved faster letting the force flow through his body as the strikes became fluid. The tempered aggression something to push the strikes away as he slashed twice. Enough to break most defenses, enough to hurt. It was the counter to removing a lot of defense, pure raw offensive power, his strikes went from high to low

@[member="Syn"]

It wasn't easy keeping up with Master Syn. From what she could tell, Nala saw Syn's enjoyment of testing his newest pupil. As glad as she was for that the only thing on her mind was keeping herself protected long enough. It was hard to find a right place or moment to strike with the how Syn was changing his strike tactics. Eventually Nala tried to strike at his left shoulder, finding a decent opening as he changed speeds in his attacks. She waited for the right moment then struck.

Major Faction

Syn

@[member="Nala Tu"]

This was the trade off of juyo... and being blind. The form sacrificed all defense for raw attack, gave plenty of openings to skilled duelists for the chance to take down everything in your path. The jedi master moved to the side slashing the saber up to try and strike the arm of Nala. His unarmed hand shot up to grab the robes. The only thing helpful were the dashi robes and it being a training saber. Still the jedi master wanted to push his padawan further as he moved around using the blade of his saber for a guide. The smirk on his face more enjoyment. He liked she was thinking what to do it made the traiing it would make the teachings easier.

Nala soon found herself disarmed and without anymore plans after @[member="Syn"] managed to hit the saber out of her hand when he hit her arm. She had to give credit where do, this man was truly a great Jedi Master. Even for one who was blind. But then she supposed the force helped him in that area.

With no weapon she held her arms up and said "I submit, Master Syn. You...prove how much training I really need..." she said very disappointed in herself.

Major Faction

Syn

@[member="Nala Tu"]

Syn stopped and looked at his padawan as he spoke clipping the saber to his belt. "Don't sound so disappointed padawan, you did well for one so young." It was the truth and he kept moving off towards the city. There was still much they could do as it were and he didn't plan on being in the temple the entire time. That made the training boring. He offered a pat on her shoulders. "There it much we can do in the city padawan come along."

She gave a silent nod as agreement before picking up her robes, putting them back on, and following @[member="Syn"]. While he reassured of her training she still felt a little down by how fast and easily she was beaten. She began to think back and realize there were other options for attacking she could have done, feeling stupid for not thinking of ALL the variables. She she kept this to herself as she picked up her saber on the ground and holstered it.

Major Faction

Syn

Syn titlted his head back a little bit to his padawans and took in her feelings... Or what he got from her but didn't speak, it was strange each and every padawans had things. It only meant he would have to work on that. She seemed to believe she had a chance which any padawan could beat a master in a fair fight. He would have to teach her more tactical thoughts like sokan to use everything around her to her advantage. For now though he walked taking in the sights of the Tython, from the fields to the expansive mountain ranges all the way to the far off coast and finally to Kaleth one of the ancient temples. He planned when the chance came for all of his padawans to visit the nine temples but that would take time and training. They would have to get stronger or learn how best to work together. Celtic alone would require a lot of training to be able to make the journey. The jedi master stopped in one of the fields off from the temple and popped his neck. "Now here is where we can work. I want you to ready yourself and show me some of your telekinesis skills."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom